lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,524 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
great heights
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 0:57:38 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

His pidove rises high into the sky while the baxcalibur is distracted with the newly released altaria. While Mallow twists in the air away from the GLAIVE RUSH, the smaller bird ROOSTS. The altaria isn’t wholly successful, dragged down by her back plumage with a screech that morphs into a melodic SING-song as she flips back toward the dragon.[break][break]

A sharp whistle pulls Poppy off the dive to cover him against the AQUA TAIL. He’s not foolish enough to miss the cue twice in a row. Rather than sic one of his pokemon with an attack, Lam dodges in the direction of Matias’ position, ignoring the shooting pain that drives up his leg. Darting forward with enough force to hook the bad foot around one ankle as he aims to drive his elbow into the other’s gut.[break][break]

The hope behind his motive is that it won’t be an expected one. He’s smaller, he’s not as fit. He’s more mild in action, but now he’s also a bit irritated. So he can only bank on the fact that typically it would seem more probable that he would put himself at a distance given his injury, and that that’s what Matias assumes.[break][break]

If not, well then he’s probably screwed.

[break][break]

// rip exercise

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9eb591;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]padding:1px; text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,129 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
great heights
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 11:14:43 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"huh?"[break][break]

matias is ready for an attack but not one from the other human. he's too focused on lam's pokemon to even suspect anything else until it's too late but to feel the elbow drive into his gut.[break][break]

"uwagh!"[break][break]

with the wind knocked out of him, he reaches a hand up to shove lam away by his face as he takes many stumbles back in an attempt to recover.[break][break]

his baxcalibur, left without supervision, succumbs to the SING. it falls to SLEEP.[break][break]

// MISSION

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,524 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
great heights
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 22:03:17 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

The sound that is driven out of Matias lets Lam know that his elbow landed as intended. A smug little smile twists his features for a fleeting moment before a hand plants against his face, shoving him backward as Matias seeks leverage to propel himself away.[break][break]

The skitter step causes him to land heavily on his bad leg and this time it buckled under his weight, causing Lam to trip and tumble onto the ground. His attention, however, is moving away from himself—keeping track of the actual initial battle.[break][break]

Once the baxcalibur has succumbed to his altaria’s song, she sweeps down again to level a MOONBLAST at its prone form.[break][break]

The pidove, meanwhile, hovers behind Lam, quite literally waiting in the wings to assist either him or Mallow as he tries to push himself back up to his feet quickly

[break][break]

// rip exercise

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]padding:1px; text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,129 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
great heights
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 5:08:23 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

there's no way the altaria continues to pummel the baxcalibur when it's literally sleeping. there's just no way.[break][break]

as matias recovers, finding his bearings almost too easily, he quickly debates just how far he wants to take this training. the logical choice is to take it relatively easy—[break][break]

his internal thoughts are silenced with a simple flick of his wrist. another EARTH PILLAR erupts, this time intending to slam into the pidove.[break][break]

baxcalibur takes the MOONBLAST, vitality quickly chipping away.[break][break]

// MISSION

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,524 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
great heights
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 5:49:56 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Whatever means necessary, that’s what Matias had said. So of course the altaria isn’t going to let off the slumbering baxcalibur.[break][break]

Then the plan changes.[break][break]

The pillar that shoots up behind him, loud and shaking the ground beneath his feet, causing Lam to instinctively duck and curl in on himself. Unfortunately, though, he’s not the target.[break][break]

A garbled, wailing chirp is forced out of the pidove as she fails to dodge the earth that shoots up at her. Barely hanging on, she drifts back down for Lam to catch her.[break][break]

But the dragon type hadn’t done that, Matias had. Which means he’s got an extra advantage.[break][break]

With Poppy tucked into one arm to give her the chance to ROOST again, his fingers lift to his mouth, and he gives a sharp, commanding whistle.

Rather than continue to whittle away at the sleeping Pokémon, the directive has his altaria wheeling around to close in on Matias with a whooshing DRAGON BREATH.

[break][break]

// rip exercise

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,129 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
great heights
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 10:11:35 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

it's often the surprises that catch people off guard that could make all the difference in a fight. should this have been a real one, lam would've been met with more than just the EARTH PILLAR.[break][break]

as his baxcalibur continues its relatively peaceful slumber, matias is left to fend for himself as he meets the DRAGON BREATH with a swipe of his arm.[break][break]

EARTH rises to follow the curve of his swipe, forming a makeshift shield that reaches over him. it blocks the attack long enough for him to step out of the way.[break][break]

"tch. fuck it."[break][break]

the same EARTH PILLAR near lam and his pidove from earlier shakes before quickly erupting in an EXPLOSION, though controlled to be weaker than usual.[break][break]

// MISSION

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,524 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
great heights
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 6:27:27 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Is there an end to this at all at any point? Not until Lam is whittled down enough, and despite his stubborn competitiveness, that might be sooner rather than later. He’s scrambling, but Matias is way more seasoned. Which he supposes is part of the point, but he’s trying to hold his own as long as he can.[break][break]

He keeps the pidove tucked into his arms as the pillar shatters around them. Curled over her, he takes the brunt of the impact with his back until he can roll away from any falling earth that remains.[break][break]

Just long enough to let his pidove disappear into her pokeball again.[break][break]

With the attention on Lam, his altaria circles around again, and the melodic SONG begins again. This time above Matias, for a moment before it shifts and turns toward the sleeping baxcalibur with a shrill DISARMING VOICE.

[break][break]

// rip exercise

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,129 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
great heights
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 7:20:16 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the melodic SONG reminds him of his many battles against and how the elite four specializes in sound-based moves. he wishes he had his ear plugs again.[break][break]

he doesn't, so he's forced to start yelling out random pitches and syllables to counter the SONG. it works well enough but it also looks and sounds incredibly stupid.[break][break]

the baxcalibur takes one final hit of the DISARMING VOICE and faints, never snapping out of its slumber.[break][break]

"i think that's enough."[break][break]

// MISSION

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,524 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
great heights
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2023 1:12:29 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Okay, despite his irritation and competitiveness in what is supposed to be a serious-natured practice…Lam has to lift a hand to his mouth in order to stifle the snicker that slips out as Matias basically starts yowling like a meowth to counter the effects of the altaria’s SINGING.[break][break]

Surprisingly, the dual effort works, though. Which is good because Lam doesn’t really know how else he can possibly hold up—[break][break]

And then Matias calls it.[break][break]

It only takes seconds for the fight to go out of him. Nearby his altaria yields—drifting down to the ground like a low-hanging cloud.[break][break]

Near immediately, he flops back against the ground with a heaved sigh, arms splaying out. Leg still stinging. “Oh, thank fuck.

[break][break]

// rip exercise

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,129 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
great heights
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2023 10:50:17 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the unconscious baxcalibur disappears into a beam of red light, recalled into its pokeball to rest. he will need to get it properly checked later as it took a few massive hits.[break][break]

he looks over at lam after and approaches.[break][break]

"good shit. you know how to fight dirty."[break][break]

even if lam's exhausted, matias still offers them his hand.[break][break]

"for the record, i don't think it's dirty. it's survival."[break][break]

// MISSION

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,524 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
great heights
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 5:25:25 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
Laying back against the grass, Lam shrugs. From the ground he looks up at Matias, squinting and then raising a hand to shield the sun from his eyes. "You never specified stipulations for it." Ergo, anything goes. "Wouldn't make sense not to use underhanded tactics." They weren't in a stadium, playing by the rules.[break][break]

That was different, of course.[break][break]

He frowns a little, then takes the offered hand. "Well, yeah. I guess it is. You did say survival at the start." Placid and laidback as he is, it wouldn't seem like he was much of a fighter.[break][break]

But there was nothing he hated more than feeling helpless. Worse still, useless. It only made sense to fight his way out of any corners when pushed to it. Bolstered by an unexpected degree of bullheaded stubbornness.[break][break]
[break][break]

// rip exercise

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,129 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
great heights
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 11:00:35 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

taking lam's hand, he pulls them back up to their feet.[break][break]

"i don't think there's much for us to train beyond conditioning and maybe running through a few different scenarios."[break][break]

scenarios like what would lam do if he had no pokemon on him. or if he was outnumbered. or if he had a knife to his throat. scenarios like that.[break][break]

"you adapted well and rolled with stuff i threw at you, so good job."[break][break]

in an actual fight, he would feel comfortable fighting alongside lam. that probably says something.[break][break]

"is there anything specific you wanted to train or learn?"[break][break]

// MISSION

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,524 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
great heights
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 0:36:55 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
He winces once he’s back on his feet again. Frown deepening, he releases his togekiss. Egg resonates with LIFE DEW, easing some of the rigid tension in his leg where it still felt frozen up from the ice attack.[break][break]

“Like what…” he looks over at Matias warily. Still more training? SOS…[break][break]

If he has to guess, more survivalist things, probably. Wonderful.[break][break]

“Ah, thanks. I was kind of improvising, so.” It hadn’t been a clean fight—something he’s still a bit surprised he hasn’t been reprimanded for, though Matias hadn’t fought fair either.[break][break]

Maybe there was some small part of him that had expected words about piety and being the bigger person in impossible situations.[break][break]

“Not that I can think of. I don’t really know how to fight or anything. I was just…you know, like I said, winging it.”
[break][break]
[break][break]

// rip exercise

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,129 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
great heights
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 10:08:35 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

lam is quick on his feet, that much had been clear with how he was able to adapt to everything matias threw at him.[break][break]

"you did pretty fucking well for winging it."[break][break]

credit where it is due.[break][break]

"we'll work on getting you ready to fight with your hands, then. the elbow was lucky."[break][break]

// MISSION

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,524 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
great heights
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 4:17:13 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
“Ah, well. I- thanks.” It’s a compliment he doesn’t really know how to take. He scratches the back of his head, awkward and sheepish. Though he’s not exactly insecure, it’s not like he exudes the same confidence Matias does.[break][break]

“Alright.” he relents with another quiet sigh. “Do you have to do that a lot? Use your hands, I mean.” And was Lam getting himself in over his head with this whole trainer thing.[break][break]

That was the real root question left unasked.[break][break]

“But yeah, it was. I wasn’t expecting it to land.” He’s pleased, though, that he managed to have caught Matias unaware of his movements. It definitely wasn’t something Lam thought would happen.

[break][break]
[break][break]

// rip exercise

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]