Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Explosions of Grandeur [M/O, CC]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 5:33:37 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]

Pale, pastel fireworks coloured the sky over Petalburg City, whistling high overhead to herald the celebration of the New Year. It was a sight that Elisabeth had seen exactly once before, shortly after arriving in the region a year ago to build a home in a place that knew nothing of her past, while hopefully promising her a more worthwhile future.[break][break]

And here, seated on a bench on the outskirts of the city, she enjoyed that view once more with the company of her Roselia, Primrose.[break][break]

"Lovely, isn't it, Prim?" she commented to the Roselia, who simply lifted her nose up disdainfully. Anything that drew more attention than she did, in Primrose's mind, was an irritant and a nuisance. Elisabeth's little Sunkern would have been a better companion for the evening, had she kept that part of Primrose's personality in mind.[break][break]

Unfortunately, the Roselia's company had been chosen out of sentimentality, not practicality. She was Elisabeth's favored Pokémon, either in spite of her vanity or because of it. The florist wasn't sure, most days.[break][break]

"There's plenty of stalls around here," Elisabeth said with a small laugh, noting her Pokemon's disinterest. "Shall we find if there's anything to your liking?"[break][break]

There was no shortage of things to do here, and with such a vast crowd of people, Petalburg seemed suddenly three times bigger than it usually was.[break][break]

You could truly encounter anyone in a place like this one.

OPEN![break][break]

NOTES

- Mission: Festival Fantasies.[break]
- Open Thread!

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
with what's to transpire.
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 5:51:44 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]it's reminiscent, perhaps, of a cool autumn night in october on lantern-lit streets with unfamiliar company and the incessant urge to lose oneself in a massed crowd.

she finds herself leaning back into the concept with a newfound need. the desire to disappear among a sea of faces is too strong to ignore anymore. she's long since given up on fighting it, anyway.

fireworks pop and crackle overhead.

she pauses every now and then to drag her eyes upward, chin lifting toward constellations hidden behind fading fireworks and the smoke they leave behind. and she has to admit... they really are beautiful.

they do little to drag that festive spirit out of her bones, though. it's a pity but she can't shake the slight frown or the way her expression pinches with worry at the edges.

and as her stomach grumbles for food, she drifts on autopilot to a nearby stall. a woman with blonde hair and a discolored roselia linger nearby on a bench, chatting quietly amongst each other. the woman's voice causes a pause in step, as if it's familiar yet unknown. it feels specific to this town, to these streets...

to a night like this where one can be anonymous and tucked away from the rest of the world without consequence.

it causes her to turn, to settle red eyes onto the woman. there's mild recognition but it's lost, jumbled behind frazzled thoughts and sleepless nights.

and the question claws itself out of her throat without little warning, blurted out into the open air around them.

"are -- um, do you happen to live around here?"

she pries for information to piece the masked woman and her ghost back together in her mind as if it's second nature and not at all rude to intrude on their personal conversation.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 5:59:46 GMT
[nospaces]

The soft question startled her, if only for a moment, and if only for its unexpected nature. Elisabeth turned to glance behind her shoulder, and the pale, white-haired woman who greeted her was one that likewise evoked a distant memory of hauntings and a priestess who befriended, rather than banished, ghostly spirits.[break][break]

To her question, a faintly amused quirk turned the corner of her lips upwards. How strange it was, to be a local. To belong somewhere again.[break][break]

"I do," she said with a brisk nod, rising to her feet. Primrose tottered behind her with a huffy mien, seemingly annoyed at having to move from her place of rest.[break][break]

Really, everything seemed to annoy Primrose at present. Elisabeth paid the Roselia's sulking no mind.[break][break]

"Is there something you're looking for in particular?" The curiosity in the stranger's red eyes spurred Elisabeth to add, somewhat impulsively, "Or someone?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- Mission: Festival Fantasies.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 6:14:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]there it is again, that nagging familiarity.

she feels it build a little further, as if the tempo is picking up toward a crescendo.

"no."

it comes out sudden, lingering heavily like the changing of a mind. she looks to overwrite it quickly.

"you... just reminded me of someone i met here before, i suppose."

and she feels it sounds a bit odd to say, to bother an unsuspecting woman and her roselia on a hunch and a conversation faded into the time of months passed.

the woman from october had been somewhat of a local too, hadn't she? tethered to this place by a business...

she remembers the faint smell of flowers, the way it seemed to follow the woman and not the festival itself. she sniffs for it now out of habitual testing but the memory has faded any hint of that scent out of her body.

it's back to square one, then: more probing.

"i think she had a flower shop by the woods, actually."

she tries, in vain, to not think of flowers withering away on a dining room table or the man who left them there. and the question she asks, then, is out of her own mind's desperation to find a distraction to sink teeth and claws into until everything else is etched over with something new.

"do you know the shop, by any chance?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 6:27:08 GMT
[nospaces]

What scents Illeana would breathe in would be reminiscent of honeysuckle and lily-of-the-valley -- a custom perfume that Elisabeth had fashioned in loving memory to a mother whom she'd once equated to elegance itself. The floral notes intermingled with the aroma that suffused her Roselia, lending to a subtle sweetness that permeated their part of the festival.[break][break]

"Ah," Elisabeth said, and her smile became softer. "That is my shop, as it happens."[break][break]

Her head tilted quizzically as she regarded the woman, debating with herself on the merits of voicing her own suspicions aloud.[break][break]

That was the trouble with costumes and masquerades, wasn't it? Not knowing how much was meant to be kept secret, or how much of the mystique you could pry away.[break][break]

"I often attend events like this one," she said then, and pulled a single pink rose from her bun as she added, "It's free advertising, in a way."[break][break]

The florist extended the flower to the young woman: a peace offering, of sorts.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 3:13:44 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]oh.

she blinks, gears churning in the mind.

and the name slips out like a soft question, uncertain but seeking stable footing.

"elisabeth?"

it'd sure be awkward if she wasn't, in fact, the masked woman she had met prior...

the floral scent is similar, though, and she claimed the flower shop as her own. besides, how many florists could possibly be in petalburg woods?

she flashes a small, awkward smile.

"are you enjoying this event, then?"

a little gasp escapes once the pink rose is extended, the gesture warm and kind and successful in catching her by surprise. she takes the flower gently, fingers lightly brushing elisabeth's. it is tucked behind her ear, holding some of her hair and keeping it out of her face for now.

"thank you, that's very kind of you."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 3:32:19 GMT
[nospaces]

"You must be Illeana, then," Elisabeth said, her smile warming with the pleasure of mutual recollection. "And yes. I am enjoying myself."[break][break]

She didn't imagine herself a particularly memorable person, but it was a nice thing to seem that way to another person.[break][break]

It likewise tickled her to see she enjoyed the rose so much, considering what a simple, paltry thing such a gesture was to many.[break][break]

"You attend many Petalburg events for someone who doesn't live here," she commented lightly, though the accusation was tinged with more than a dash of teasing. "What makes you so fond of the city, then?"[break][break]

Her Roselia regarded the newcomer with faint suspicion, tinged with rosy pink jealousy reflected in the whizzing of rose petals over her head.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 3:40:31 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"yes, i'm flattered you remember me."

and really, she is. it's nice to be remembered as herself, not a title or a means to an end.

her smile turns warm.

"i'm glad... it's a lovely night for this, too."

not too cloudy, not too cold. perfect, actually.

she flushes easily beneath teasing and a curious question. she supposes she does happen to be around petalburg more often than not nowadays.

"oh, uh, my boyfriend lives here, actually."

and yet, he's nowhere in sight. her cheeks heat further beneath realization.

"it's quieter here than lilycove, too. it's hard to not be fond of that."

the scientist is blissfully unaware of the roselia's reaction, too absorbed in conversation to allow her eyes to wander. perhaps if she had, she could have dispelled some of the animosity...

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 0:00:22 GMT
[nospaces]

"It is, isn't it?" she agreed, taking a moment to appreciate the clear sky above them. Fading starry lights twinkled in the aftermath of the burst of fireworks, colorful and splendid. "I wonder if I've met this boyfriend of yours. With Palentine's coming up at least, I expect that I'll--"[break][break]

Her Roselia interrupted here, tugging impatiently at her mistress's skirt. This and the storm cloud of petals finally caught Elisabeth's attention as the huffy Pokémon gestured towards a nearby stall, indignant at being ignored.[break][break]

"I apologize. Prim is clearly enamored with the Pokéblock vendor and won't cease pouting until she gets something. Care to join us until your beau arrives?"[break][break]

An apologetic smile attempted to make up for her fussy Pokémon's social missteps.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 0:27:46 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a light flush creeps into her skin, a rosy dusting across cheeks as her lips curl into an almost fond smile.

"it's possible you have! i think --"

her words are cut short as elisabeth, too, stops to attend to her roselia. the scientist's eyes follow, smile widening.

"oh, no no it's okay. i don't mind at all."

as if to further the concept, a hand idly waves any sense of bother out of the air.

and she steps a little closer, happy to nod and accept the invitation.

"sure, i'd love to tag along! although, i don't think he'll be attending... he's not big on social events like this."

perhaps if she really pleaded or put on her best puppy dog eyes, would cave.

for now, however, she's alone and clinging to the sunshine that she envisions elisabeth as.

"does she have a favorite pokeblock?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2023 1:46:46 GMT
[nospaces]

"The bitter kind," Elisabeth laughed, indicating the Wepear berries to the stall vendor while her Roselia shedded petals impatiently. "Plant-based Pokémon tend to like bitter things, for some reason. Though in Prim's case, I chalk some of it up to her sassy nature."[break][break]

The blender spun, mixing the berries together into a pleasant greenish tincture, one that mesmerised Primrose completely as her mistress continued talking.[break][break]

"What events does your special someone enjoy, then?" Elisabeth asked conversationally as they waited. "If public gatherings are less his forte."

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 2:34:16 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she flashes an almost fond smile.

"bitter, hm? do you know how to make your own pokeblock?"

as shown in their last encounter, elisabeth is a woman of many talents. not only a decorated florist but also a craftswoman with sewing. perhaps she also has a knack for the hoennian delicacy.

and quickly, like clockwork, another question pops up.

"has she tried poffins yet?"

a sinnohian treat... somehow, it's the only thing she knows how to make besides mac n cheese.

the berries begin to mix in the blender in front of them. and her eyes drift away to find elisabeth's as a question comes.

"he enjoys movie nights."

she can't count the amount of times they've stayed in and watched movies tangled up in each other instead of breaching their found peace to venture outside into crowded streets. each time, she's a little more thankful he's taken up the position of her person.

"although, he's been more willing to go out if i ask lately. we did the bar crawl for new year's... oh, and the masquerade too! he had to work most of it, but it was still nice."

she counts it as a win in her book, really.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 0:52:16 GMT
[nospaces]

"No, I don't know how to make Pokeblocks, or Poffins for that matter. Most of my baking and cooking is Kalosian."[break][break]

Maybe that was one of her love languages? Cooking.[break][break]

"I'm a bit of a homebody myself, so I cannot say I blame you both for preferring your time indoors."[break][break]

Elisabeth let herself daydream about that life for a moment. It seemed like one she imagined and shared together, curled up on a couch in front of a television screen. Critiquing bad movies, maybe. Or getting terribly engrossed in the plot.[break][break]

"That sounds relaxing," she said, her eyes opening as the dream dispelled. "I've never been much for television personally, but reading with someone has always calmed me."[break][break]

This suddenly seemed an embarrassing admission, and she took the opportunity to receive the Hoennian treat from the stall vendor for her over-eager Roselia before she could dwell on it for too long.[break][break]

A free hand fidgeted with her hair as an awkward smile answered her.[break][break]

"How did you like the Winter Masquerade, may I ask?"

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 5:06:38 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her eyes sparkle just a little at the mention of kalosian food, honing in on the baking part in particular.

"do you make macarons?"

they're her favorite...

"i might have a poffin recipe or two laying around at home if you wanted to try it out sometime!"

the only decent thing that came from her mother, she thinks, is her recipe book. it has not gotten much use, however, for it is wasted on illeana and her abysmal cooking skills.

perhaps elisabeth would put it to better use.

"oooh, reading with someone is so relaxing too."

unfortunately...

"i've been a bit too busy to really dive into another book, though, so mindless tv shows have been the placeholder for now."

and with the masquerade question, she flashes a bright smile.

"yes, it was such a lovely event. i even loaned some pieces from my lab for one of the exhibits!"

her eyes turn a bit curious, then, as they refocus on elisabeth.

"did you attend as well?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 21:20:35 GMT
[nospaces]

"I do, actually. Know how to make macarons."[break][break]

Humming a little, Elisabeth watched her Roselia consume the bitter treat with an absurdly dainty slowness. She stifled a laugh, for fear it would insult poor Prim.[break][break]

Many of Elisabeth's Pokémon shared some of the florist's own worse traits. For Primrose, it was absolutely her mistress's vanity.[break][break]

Listening to Illeana speak was pleasant, though something nagged at the back of her mind as the woman discussed the exhibits. Hm... That was right, several had been donated. Why would Illeana have donated one, however?[break][break]

A faint memory came to mind of crystals and shards glimmering behind a glass pane, and she attempted to make sense of what the placard had said. Primal shards, maybe?[break][break]

"I think I enjoyed the Winter Masquerade a little too well," she admitted, a small laugh escaping her. Too much alcohol would do that. "I remember the exhibits though, yes. Which one was yours, if you'll forgive my forgetfulness?"[break][break]

Too much alcohol made remembering that difficult, too.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times