awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Pseudo-legendary Bonding [M]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2023 15:55:53 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
It was no secret that Dragon-type Pokémon were among the hardest to raise. Prideful, ferocious and mighty, they did not yield to weak-willed trainers. The cream of the crop included beings whose power edged close to that of legendary Pokémon. They were colloquially known as pseudo-legendaries.

Being something of a pseudo-legendary enjoyer, Andrea was more than happy to help one of her fellow Ultra Wilds explorers tame her Kommo-o. She too needed to train Chomper for their eventual rematch against and his Metagross. Meteor Falls was the perfect training ground for dragons, its very particular landscape allowing them to go all out without fear of collateral damage.

"Outrage!" The draconic cosplayer shouted, her green Hydreigon ramming straight into a large boulder and blowing it to bits with sheer brutality. The duo had already begun training well before Shalin arrived. "Well done, Chomper! Next time we face Ro, we might not even need Z-Moves!" The dragon-hooded girl remarked, grinning widely.
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 20:16:47 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
While Shalin wasn't the dragon master like was, she also had a Pokémon partner that housed tremendous power just beneath that of a lesser legendary Pokémon, such as Keldeo. That partner was Treble, her Kommo-o. Though they had been together for a while, she had still not developed the strength, dexterity, or stamina to truly wield the scaled dragon to his potential.

She had arrived at Meteor Falls' main cavern not long after Andrea did, her jaw metaphorically open all the way to her dragon's back as she saw Chomper shatter an enormous boulder with one vicious act of OUTRAGE. The power was frightening to see. "Wow! I'm glad the two of us are friends, because I wouldn't want to be on the other--"

The rider was interrupted by a large piece of shrapnel from the boulder flying at her. With quick thinking, Treble harshly shook his tail like a rattlesnake's, every scale on his neck and back following suit, producing a hum much like an insect's wing. The vibrating scales deflected and shredded pieces of flying rock headed the girl's way, leaving her breathless after but a few seconds of the shaking that was too fast to see.

Shalin swayed in the saddle for a while before greeting Andrea again. "As you can see, this is less about me training my Kommo-o, but my Kommo-o training me," she sheepishly admitted. "Have you been on one before? The most fun part is when his scales go, but it can be really disorienting."

{WC: 255}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
                             ♥♥♥♥♥♥
Shalin        Human          ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Treble        Kommo-o        Good
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2023 10:12:20 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The dragon-hooded girl jovially waved at the green-ette. "Hi, Shalin! That's a nice Kommo-o you've got there!" She remarked, only for Shalin's mount to make quite the ruckus, forcing her to plug her ears. Seeing it obliterate a flying chunk of rock with the power of sound alone made Andrea's own jaw metaphorically drop. "Whoa... And I thought Kokoro's Clanging Scales were loud."

Agitated by the loud noise, Chomper lunged at Treble in a cranky mood. "Hey, hey, hey! Easy, Chomper! Everything's OK!" Andrea quickly got in front of the irate Hydreigon, placating his anger. The three-headed dragon huffed and grunted, but it didn't take long for him to settle down, leaning against his trainer's hand to receive pets and scritches. "There we go... No need to be scared. They're friends." The girl whispered to him.

With one crisis deftly averted, the young PokéManiac turned her attention back to Shalin and her mount, noting the saddle on the Kommo-o's back. "I never thought a Kommo-o could be ridden. They usually prefer walking on two legs so they can use their strong arms for fighting and moving stuff. But, if both parties consent, any Pokémon can be a riding Pokémon!" She mused.

Darn it, Pokémon races had ruined her. She was starting to talk like !

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2023 18:50:47 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Andrea, thankfully, stopped the dragons' altercation from escalating. "Wow, Chomper is something fierce! I've got a friend that's trying to raise a Hydreigon, and he's just as fierce with him!" Shalin related the tale of Josh's Hydreigon, Kokusho. He was getting a little less violent, but until Josh had a bit more control over him, that Hydreigon was one Pokémon she wouldn't willingly mount. She loved a playful bucking romp, but the sheer power Kokusho heaved with when in one of his moods looked downright painful.

"Kommo-o are really interesting as a species," Shalin responded to the girl's clear interest in the scaled dragon, though she may have been a little hard to understand as she was still a little woozy from the wild shaking he put her through. "Treble is actually a hybrid runner. He can run on all fours, where he's faster but harder to control, or he can run on just his legs, where he's slower but easier to turn."

As Shalin slowly directed her unusual, fighting-type ride toward a familiar hidden cave near the mountain interior's main waterfall, she recalled Andrea mentioning Kokoro. "If they're around, I can give you some pointers with your own Kommo-o! I'm assuming that's what Kokoro is." What was most impressive about Treble, perhaps, was his ability to keep Shalin safe despite the intense vibration that had coursed through her.

{WC: 230}
{PC: 3}

♥♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2023 10:10:52 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"It's OK, really. He was just startled." Andrea explained, while continuing to pet Chomper's heads. "It helps that I've had him since he was just a Deino. As long as you can get them used to you before they fully evolve, it's not that bad." Her Hydreigon leaned closer, playfully nibbling on one of the girl's orange braids. "See? They might be fierce, but they're still friendly!"

As the two dragon riders made their way to a familiar cavern, Shalin inquired about Andrea's own Kommo-o. "Kokoro is not a runner. She's a fighter through and through." The eccentric trainer replied, walking down to what appeared to be a medium-sized crater. "I remember this place... This is where Chomper first used Draco Meteor." She reminisced, picking a handful of dust and letting it drop past her fingers. "At the time, we found a strange rock that turned out to be a Salamencite."

She then turned back to the green-haired explorer with a quizzical look, raising her eyebrow. "How come your butt doesn't hurt when you sit on Treble? The scales on their backs are really hard, after all." The dragon enthusiast asked, highly curious.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2023 22:07:41 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
There truly was a special relationship between Andrea and Chomper. Hydreigon were some of the most vicious common Pokémon on the planet; the one Shalin's friend had was one of the few Pokémon strong enough to buck her off even when she held on with all her might! Shalin would shoot Chomper a friendly smile of her own. As the two advanced into the inner bowels of Meteor Falls' waterfall cavern, Andrea mentioned her history with the place, including the ability to use the Sacred Arte of Draco Meteor, as well as locating a deposit of Salamencite. "I should bring Sandy, my Flygon, back here," she idly mused in between the cosplayer's tales.

As Andrea turned toward Shalin, she asked the explorer a common question she got over her Kommo-o being used as a mount. "It's hard to see her saddle, since it blends in so well with her scales, but I don't sit directly on them. They'd tear me to shreds otherwise!" As if to prove a point, the smiling dragon rumbled just the scales on his back and sides, trying to keep the volume down yet shake them fast enough to get a rise out of her trainers. "WahOoOoOoo!" she whooped, her voice distorted from the rattling. "That's the most fun part of riding one!"

{WC: 219}
{PC: 4}

♥♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2023 12:09:43 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
When Shalin mentioned bringing her Flygon there, the trainer of dragons nodded in approval. "You should! This place is great for training Dragon-type Pokémon! I even trained Meatloaf here, before he..." Her voice trailed off, eyes going downcast in memory of her fallen Salamence. Chomper gently nudged her, licking the girl's face in order to console her. Andrea smiled somberly. "Thanks, Chomper..."

Shalin's chaotic riding demonstration further uplifted her mood, causing the dragon-costumed woman to chuckle. "Heehee~ As long as you're both having fun, you do you!" She remarked, getting a closer look at the Kommo-o's gear. "It looks like the saddle isn't enough to absorb the vibrations. You've got to make the best out of Kommo-o's Soundproof ability. You could also put on some weight so that he can't rock you as much." She suggested.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2023 8:23:29 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
When Andrea trailed off, Shalin was going to say something, but she stopped herself when the cosplayer's tone turned somber. When even the vicious Hydreigon was licking her, she knew it was serious. Little did she know that in the near future, she would have to share in her sorrow. The Halls of Origin were more treacherous than anything she had traversed so far, and that included the Ultra Wilds. Her trek through them was fast approaching.

"Oh, it's a blast!" Shalin replied with a big smile, regaining her senses. While Andrea had expressed her concerns for the wild child, she actually liked the balance she had struck between safety and the thrill she loved. "But that's the most fun part! Sure, it can be a bit disorienting, but what other Pokémon can do something like that?" Though it was to a lesser extent, Andrea had seen one already: Queen Zing. "You're welcome to go for a quick run on Treble if you want! If Chomper's up for it, that is. I wonder how wild he could get if I flew on him?" If only she knew just how much more she was trying to bite off than she could chew...

{WC: 202}
{PC: 4}

♥♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2023 9:27:02 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Apparently Shalin liked being rocked by her own riding Pokémon. To each their own. Andrea, for one, appreciated the comfort of riding on Chomper's back. It was the first thing she tried as soon as the dragon had sprouted wings, and it felt so natural right out of the gate that she never even worried about the perils of flying several feet in the air with no safety harness or parachute.

Granted, she was still aware those perils existed, so when the green-ette suggested borrowing Chomper for a ride, the young PokéManiac frantically shook her hands. "Trust me, you wouldn't want that! Chomper doesn't let anyone but me ride him." A caveat that likely didn't apply to Treble, so the dragon fanatic would be lying if she said she wasn't the least bit tempted.

"You won't get jealous if I ride another dragon?" Andrea asked her loyal Hydreigon, who shook his many heads. Nodding back at him, the girl made her way to the imposing Kommo-o, wordlessly asking for its consent to climb onto the saddle, before doing so. "OK, I'm ready. Let's do this, Treble!" She said excitedly.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2023 21:52:35 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Andrea was clearly one of Hoenn's greatest dragon masters, able to wordlessly communicate with a dragon-type Pokémon she had just met. Shalin frowned at Chomper's disapproval, but she understood. "My Gym Leader friend's Hydreigon is like that, too," Shalin related, of course referring to the Mauville Leader's Hydreigon. She understood, too. "My two Ninetales are like that, too. There are days where I wish they'd mellow out about it, but Pokémon have personalities, too, just like us! You have to respect them."

With Treble's reins in the cosplayer's hands, the two started bounding around the cave's perimeter. At first, the Kommo-o ran like a bipedal dinosaur, though as she picked up speed, she changed running strokes to resemble one that was more like a four-legged beast. It may have surprised Andrea to see the fighting-type could run either way. Though Treble could put on a lot of speed on all fours, he did give up the ability to use moves that required his clawed fists. Toward the end of the run, if she was willing, Treble would give her a small taste of what he put through: rattling his CLANGING SCALES at the very lowest power he could muster.

{WC: 201}
{PC: 5}

♥♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2023 10:20:49 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Your Gym leader friend? Do you mean ?" Andrea inquired. She could have been talking about any other Gym leader, of course, but Josh was the only one who both owned a Hydreigon and was demented enough to try to ride it.

Speaking of riding, that's what the dragon enthusiast did. Having successfully tamed Treble, she did a full lap around the cave on his back. The ride was as bumpy as one would expect, but thankfully the saddle absorbed most of the vibrations. What the saddle didn't help at all with was the Clanging Scales that the dragon performed in an attempt to show off. "WhooOoOooOOaAaa! HE's sO LooOoOooOUd!" The girl shakily exclaimed, even the lowest setting giving her a run for her money.

The eccentric trainer climbed off the Kommo-o's back, her ears still buzzing. She stumbled back towards Chomper, leaning against the three-headed dragon for support. "That was fun, but I think I prefer you, Chomper." The young cosplayer ruffled the Hydreigon's black mane, before turning back to Shalin. "We've figured out that Treble CAN hold back if he wants, so that's good! This was a nice training session methinks!" She jovially mused.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2023 18:15:37 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"It is, isn't it?" Shalin smiled. "That get you to change your mind at all about Kokoro? Even if it's just for fun~" she whistled, getting back aboard her own Pokémon as the two switched off. "There are only a handful of Pokémon that can even do that. I've been trying to track down a Seismitoad for a bit, but no luck. The other is Flygon. Imagine being able to do this but with their wings!" She pantomimed grabbing onto one, her skin tingling from imagining how disorienting it would be. "Have you seen how fast they go? Now that would be an amazing thrill!" It was one she would need her Sygna Suit to withstand, but it was something to look forward to!

"That is good," Shalin agreed, "but I want to go for one more run on him before heading out." The Kommo-o shook his head. "Just one, Treble!" she pleaded. He rolled his eyes at her, then bounded far away from Andrea for the dragon master's safety. An odd mixture of clanging and buzzing echoed throughout the large, main waterfall area, the dragon vibrating his scales at a speed similar to a Yanmega's wing. Within seconds, Shalin fell from her mount. "Okay... okay..." she panted, Treble helping her get back to her feet. She weakly waved goodbye to Andrea on the way out.

{WC: 226}
{PC: 6}

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Shalin        Human          ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2023 8:33:20 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
When the green-haired explorer suggested grabbing onto one of Flygon's wings while it was on the move, Andrea and Chomper looked at each other, comedic sweatdrops hovering over their respective heads. That sounded too risky even by their standards. However, Andrea wasn't judging. "If you think it'd be amazing, then go for it! You should always pursue the thing that makes you happy!" The dragon-hooded girl beamed.

One more unrestrained usage of Clanging Scales later that saw Shalin being knocked off her mount, the duo waved goodbye. "Bye, Shalin! Bye, Treble! Take care!" The young PokéManiac waved back at them, before turning back to her shiny Hydreigon.

"Wanna train some more, Chomper, or should we go to our secret base and have some snacks?" At the mere mention of food, the dragon salivated and eagerly nodded his many heads. The girl stifled a laugh, wiping his drool with the end of her sleeve. "Snacks it is!" She jovially decreed.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2023 5:56:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: