Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Alrighty Aphrodite
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2023 4:24:43 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

After their meeting along the mountains, Penelope didn't wait to act. The next morning she'd sent an email requesting a meeting at HQ. It was a little brazen, but given the situation, she was about ready to do what it took to supply the league with the assistance it needed.
[break][break]

She'd already told her assistant to lead the incoming guest to back where their laboratories were kept. There, between and 's personal laboratories, Penelope waited, ready to take further down into the hallway.
[break][break]

Her hair was pulled into a loose braid and she wore a more casual outfit than normal. The only hint of her importance was the notepad she kept lodged up between her arm and chest.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
i can’t take this place, no i can’t take this place. i just wanna go where i can get some space.
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
Alrighty Aphrodite
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2023 7:43:45 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]
[attr="class","star1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
The last thing Emerson had anticipated was an email from Penelope Livy, councilwoman. In fact, when it popped up in his inbox exactly one day after their assignment, he’d nearly spat his morning coffee all over his laptop keys. Not that he’d had any issue in working with her—more that he couldn’t possibly fathom what she wanted him around for.[break][break]

Then again, he recalled her obvious enthusiasm at his proclivity for tech work. Had she done some digging and managed to find out about his more under the table dealings. No way…he kept things airtight. She couldn’t have..right? Not in just one day.[break][break]

Which meant she really must’ve wanted an IT guy. For, uh, whatever reason. But consider his curiosity piqued, because Emerson found himself agreeing and showing up at the League HQ despite any wariness or reservation.[break][break]

He failed poorly at not gawking at every little thing as Penny’s assistant led him through the halls toward the labs tucked away out of immediate sight. His hand nervously twisted the strap of his back, but he still managed to lift his other in greeting. “Uhh, hey. What’s..up?” Stellar formal greeting, A plus.[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]

[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#ad6c83;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Alrighty Aphrodite
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 20:13:21 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The awkwardness of his greeting rolled off her shoulders with familiarity befitting someone experienced with his type. Growing up, she'd always been one among the school nerds, so if anything, the causality of it all warmed her.
[Break][BREAK]
"Hey! So glad you could make it. C'mon, follow me."
[Break][BREAK]
She waved her hand over, looking to lead him further down the labyrinth of twisting hallways and deceiving exits. Most of the more high-tech labs were stationed up front, so for their purposes, they needed to walk all the way to the back, where more of the unused rooms lay in wait.
[Break][BREAK]
"Hope the ride over wasn't too bad for you," she smiled over her shoulder. Some people have a harder time than others.
[Break][BREAK]
When they approached the door to the room, she'd push it open for the both of them, extending her arm outward and upward to offer enough room to pass by her. Inside, pieces of tech ware were scattered along the walls, taking up space along various shelves or cluttered desks. TV monitors were kept to the walls and in the middle, where the light shined the brightest, a single emptied table kept to itself.
[Break][BREAK]
The door clicked close behind them. Leaning against it, Penelope stared back out at Em, excitement gleaming in her eyes.
[Break][BREAK]
"So, " she began, short and to the point, "I have a proposition for you. But, given the nature of it, I need assurance that this is to be kept under wraps. Whatever you see here is not to be reported outside this building. Do I make myself clear?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
i can’t take this place, no i can’t take this place. i just wanna go where i can get some space.
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
Alrighty Aphrodite
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2023 3:43:09 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
If she thought his greeting to be unprofessional, she doesn’t say so. Which was a relief. Em gave her a mild little smile before nodding silently in compliance.[break][break]

His eyes drifted around the space as she led him along, round and wide as he caught fleeting looks at high quality tech and labs for working on long term projects. It was a little mind boggling that she’d asked him to come here with no idea of why that was. It felt like he was getting a glimpse of something that most weren’t usually privy to.[break][break]

“No, not too bad,” he replied distantly, still distracted by everything around him. His curiosity only increases the further into the maze of halls and rooms they descend.[break][break]

At her lead, he passes through the opened door, mentally registering the contents of the room. Not that he has any sort of guess what this all means, but if he had the opportunity to fiddle with the tech, he might put it together.[break][break]

He turned back toward her, head tilting in question. “What’s this all about?”[break][break]

But she was already getting into it, of course. His mouth clicked shut. His eyes narrowed slightly, thoughtfully. As a bit of a conspiracy nut, the apparent need for secrecy certainly piqued his interest. “Yes, crystal.”[break][break]

It was too good of an opportunity to throw out.
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Alrighty Aphrodite
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 5:50:17 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Perfect.
[break][break]
But, just in case, she already informed to reach out to . If there was a breach of information, she'd want to know and personally ensure punishments were given out.
[break][break]
"Good."
[break][break]
Pushing off from the door, the councilwoman slowly walked across the tile flooring of the cluttered room. At its center, pushed against the wall, was a single file cabinet. She reached into its bottom drawer and pulled out a single manilla file.
[break][break]
"Have you had the chance to partake in any expeditions yet?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
Alrighty Aphrodite
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 1:16:47 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
His head tilted as he looked at her, rust eyes narrowing slightly. Like he was trying to figure her out—because in a way, that was exactly what he was doing. Attempting to put those puzzle pieces together before she explained because she didn’t seem to trust him off the bat.[break][break]

Not that she knew his secondary occupation, but regardless, he supposed it was smart of her. No matter how meek he might seem.[break][break]

He could lie, if he wanted. He was still processing some of the things he saw on the expedition he attended. But she likely had access to the data files that he himself rooted around in to get put at the top of the volunteer list, sooo…[break][break]

“Just one. To the border, which I documented. I intend to go back later.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Alrighty Aphrodite
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 2:06:14 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Fair enough.
[break][break]

"Then you might not be familiar."
[break][break]

Flipping through the manilla folder, Penelope plucked two pages of documentation in particular. With the extension of her right arm, she looked to hand it over to the technician.
[break][break]

"The ultra plant. It's a realm found within the desert ruins. Inside, it's a dark world wracked with thunderstorms and deep valleys. Think of a hellscape filled with nothing but electricity."
[break][break]

A pause is offered, most likely to grant a second's worth of processing. For someone who hadn't experienced the realm for themselves, it might've been hard to grasp something so fantastical.
[break][break]

"There, we'd retrieved some foreign technology. Technology we're still in the process of discovering and reworking. So far there hasn't been much success."
[break][break]

Which was where he came in.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
Alrighty Aphrodite
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 4:58:24 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
“Probably not,” he shrugged.[break][break]

A furrowed expression danced across his face, and curiosity prompted him to take the papers when offered. He scanned through the documentation, occasionally glancing up at Penny every so often as she offered explanation.[break][break]

“Sounds like a real destination vacay,” he remarked dryly, finally lowering the pages away from his face. “In all realness, that sounds interesting. At least to me. Which is saying something because I don’t usually care to leave my house.”[break][break]

Fact.[break][break]

At the mention of foreign technology, though, his interest piqued further. It became obvious, head lifting to look at the councilwoman evenly. “What sort of tech? You want me to make it functional?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Alrighty Aphrodite
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 0:16:44 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Perfect.
[break][break]

's easygoing response further evoked her smile, drawing it out as her thoughts settled onto one fulfilled conclusion: she'd made the right decision with this one.
[break][break]

"I want you to figure it out and reverse engineer it for us."
[break][break]

Maybe, through that, they might grow a bit closer to figuring this tech out.
[break][break]

She took a step back, hand hovering over where the light switch was kept at. With one flick, another corner of the room washed with light, revealing a hunk of scattered tech that had been dragged from the ULTRA PLANT realm.
[break][break]

"Can you do it?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
Alrighty Aphrodite
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 3:13:46 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
His eyes widened at her suggestion—despite the surprise in his expression, there was a brightness that tinged the red of his irises. Like a weasel or a magpie being ensnared by something shiny.[break][break]

“Why me? And not like…an engineer?” His question was one borne of curiosity more than self-doubt. No, he could definitely tinker and hijack equipment, but surely there were more qualified candidates.[break][break]

The inquiry died quickly, though, when faced with the tech Penny swathed in light. Almost instantly, Em had the desire to investigate. Handle the pieces and see how they fit together. “Maybe—I’d have to tinker with it, I think. What kind of tech is this?”[break][break]

Even at a distance, it didn’t look typical.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Alrighty Aphrodite
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 4:12:57 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"We've tried the engineers."
[break][break]

And even the best were failing to come up with much more than a few shrugs and dismissive headshakes. It wasn't ideal, but recruiting outside the league looked to be an inevitable she would have to face. Hopefully, this decision wouldn't prove to be unwise in retrospect.
[break][break]

"The League needs a fresh set of eyes. Someone who will catch all the small flicks and nobs and screws we might've missed. We - no, I - think, with your help, we might get to be a step closer to solving this thing."
[break][break]

From there, space was granted to the tinkerer. She was sure interest would be enough to beckon his eyes into the crevasses of the torn tech.
[break][break]

To his question, little was offered.
[break][break]
"Foreign."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
Alrighty Aphrodite
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 22:55:45 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

“Huh.” Must’ve been some real lousy engineers, then.[break][break]

He didn’t say as much aloud, but he agreed with her perspective. Because he wasn’t an engineer by official trade. He looked at everything differently. Always trying to figure out workarounds and back doors that would allow him access even where he wasn’t meant to be. “So I’m the underdog you’re betting on then,” he muttered with a soft snort of dry laughter.[break][break]

An eyebrow lifted slightly at the succinctness of her reply. “Sorta vague there, but okay. Put me in, coach.”[break][break]

Apparently he felt a smidge emboldened after being sought after for his supposed skills. But his attention had quickly deviated back to the hunk of cables and metal and wires in front of him.[break][break]

Taking a few tentative steps forward, Emerson reached toward the strange tech with curious fingers. He didn’t look back at her as he spoke up again, “How quickly are you looking to have results?” His voice was distant, though. Like he was only half there in the conversation as he began to poke and prod at what was directly in front of him.[break][break]

Already, his head was absorbing the sight–trying to twist the heap like a rubik’s cube so that it all fit together right in his mind’s eye.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Alrighty Aphrodite
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 4:12:16 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: