March Eighth
Littleroot Town
Pansexual
Researcher
Grunt
Single
5 height
5 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
54 posts
part of
TAG WITH @olliver
olliver samovar
A Fateful Encounter?? (DW)
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 4:47:39 GMT
olliver samovar Avatar
Route 116.. This was the first step in Olliver's journey to become a fantastic researcher. One that could hopefully overcome the odds that were stacked against him. All that he could hope for is that things go alright as he takes the time to acquaint himself with the area. After all, it wasn't his Metagross that he wanted to make use of out here. It was his low leveled Indeedee and Slowpoke. Up to this point, his Indeedee had only served as a caretaker for himself and the Slowpoke. It hadn't really had a chance to make use of it's talents in battle. And as for the Slowpoke..?? Well it was simply the newest addition to the group. And, unfortunately, the dumbest. For now that is.
[break][break]
With that much having been said, Olliver and his group had currently been making their way down the route. Or, to be more apt, Metagross had been making his way down the route as Olliver had rested upon the massive creatures back whilst keeping the other two in their pokeballs for the time being. "Well now.. What shall we encounter this time around, huh Metagross?? Do you think we'll be able to successfully come upon additional psychic Pokémon?? From what I've read, this route seems to contain a variety of psychic and normal types."
[break][break]
In the event that anything were to happen, it was entirely possible that Metagross could remove the largest obstacle in their way and book it back to Rustboro City. Not that Olliver would immediately decide to retreat in the event that both Indeedee and Slowpoke had been knocked unconscious. If anything, it was rather likely that he would simply take the time to render the other creatures around unconscious before chucking a pokeball at them. Honestly.. Only time would really tell what Olliver would come upon at this rate. Would it be a psychic Pokémon? A normal type Pokémon? Or perhaps a human??
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 3:35:37 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Route 116 was a different kind of paradise for Josh. It was one of the longest straight shots in Hoenn. Rustboro to the mountains, connected by what the Mauville Leader saw as a natural drag strip. He longed to be able to call Raikou down from the sky, mount up, and Extreme Speed back and forth between the two. Of course, that wasn't going to happen. Not with Raikou dead and Top Champion being incredibly busy.

He would just have to do with Saber, his Manectric. The closest he would ever get to Raikou. He had his one chance to ride Raikou, and it was an experience he would never forget. He even had a picture to remember it by, which would be his phone background for years to come.

In the meantime, his eyes would catch a trainer talking to a Metagross. They seemed to know each other quite well. "Morning," Josh greeted the young man and his psychic Pokémon, dressed in his blue Elite Ranger uniform. He waved from the back of his Espeon steed, Janus. "Would you mind keeping your Metagross on the correct side of the road? This highway's known for its high speed, and I wouldn't want to see you in an accident."

{WC: 210}
{PC: 1}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Twilight       Absol           Good
Slider         Braviary        Good
Janus          Espeon          Good
Saber          Manectric       Good
Mystic         Ninetales       Good
Rime           A!Ninetales     Good
close tab

played by

Marius#6974

Ollie
He/Him
Twenty Five
March Eighth
Littleroot Town
Pansexual
Researcher
Grunt
Single
5 height
5 height
awards
54 posts
part of
TAG WITH @olliver
olliver samovar
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 16:59:14 GMT
olliver samovar Avatar
As Olliver and his Metagross had meandered about Route 116 in hopes of discovering and catching a new Pokemon for their roster, a voice that he was sure he hadn't heard before would call out to him. Curious as to just who this man might be, Olliver would spin about on Metagross's back and would identify the figure surprisingly quickly. This was someone that he had just played an otome game about.. the Gym Leader, Josh Devlin.
[break]
It would be a lie to say that Olliver wasn't surprised about the mans arrival. Especially given the timing of such an individual appearing, after having played his route. Of course that wasn't the only surprise. Based off of appearances alone, Olliver could tell that this man was an Elite Ranger. Someone that was likely to get in the way of his organizations plans in the future.
[break]
"Erm.. Yes, hello, good morning." Was this mans appearance just a coincidence? Or had fate simply been playing a cruel trick on him? Either way, he would have to give in to the mans whims if he was planning on making it out of here without too much trouble. That said, he would be sure to have his Metagross float to the other side of the road. "I apologize for that.. Just got a bit distracted whilst dwelling on my plans for this area. I'm hoping to catch a few psychic Pokemon and I guess I get a little in my head when I get too excited."
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2023 7:50:01 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Janus at first eyed the steel-type warily, but after it seemed their two trainers were friendly enough toward one another, attempted to mentally introduce himself to Olliver's Metagross and make small talk with them. "It's okay!" the Leader replied, also sending out his Manectric, Saber, who greeted the duo with a bark that sounded like crackling electricity. "It's easy to drift when riding a Pokémon that you can't feel the gallop of. It's why I prefer ground travel over air travel."

Janus' eyes shifted toward Olliver. It would be easy for him to notice that both of Josh's Pokémon were all geared up to carry a person on their backs, the riderless Manectric's saddle in the likeness of Raikou's thundercloud much more prominent. "Elite Ranger Devlin or Gym Leader Devlin, but you can call me Josh," the young man introduced himself, offering a handshake to the traveler. "These two are Janus and Saber. I'm out here to take advantage of the road being empty mid-morning on a weekday I happen to have off. Saber and I are setting up to do a speed training exercise."

{WC: 187}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,021 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 5:13:24 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MUNNA APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SYNCHRONIZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DEFENSE CURL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PSYWAVE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NIGHTMARE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MAGIC COAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD STUFFUL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLUFFY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PAIN SPLIT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BABY DOLL EYES
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAIL

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Marius#6974

Ollie
He/Him
Twenty Five
March Eighth
Littleroot Town
Pansexual
Researcher
Grunt
Single
5 height
5 height
awards
54 posts
part of
TAG WITH @olliver
olliver samovar
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 13:34:49 GMT
olliver samovar Avatar
As Olliver had sat there, atop his Metagross, he would continue to listen to the things that Josh was telling to him. In reference to the fact that Josh purposely rides Pokemon that he could feel the gallop of, Olliver would nod his head a few times. "Yeah, I can understand that. Honestly though, it's a bit easier atop of something like this." Take a moment to gently pat the top of Metagross's head, Olliver would continue on. "By making use of Metagross's Magnet Rise, we can ensure that we don't accidentally trample over anything below us."
[break]
There had been a surprising amount of truth in that statement as Olliver had continued to pat his Metagross. Unless it was necessary for his research, he simply felt no need to get in the way of another individual or their Pokemon. Not out here, where the police and rangers could find you anyways.
[break]
Once the introductions would proceed, Olliver would respond in kind. "Yes, I am aware of who you are, Mister Devlin. You are quite famous in these parts, I suppose." A small bout of laughter would escape from the mans lips as his mind had drawn back to the otome game. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, of course. My name is Olliver. An aspiring Pokemon Researcher, one could say. And as for my pal here?? Well I haven't quite thought of a name for them."
[break]
As the two had spoke, it would appear that a couple of wild Pokemon had decided to test the waters with them. A Munna and a Stufful. "Oh, look. One of the exact reasons that I chose to come out here. You don't mind if I try and catch that Munna, do you?" Very shortly after having asked as much, Olliver would call forth one of his Pokemon: Indeedee. Once she had made contact with the ground, Olliver would speak aloud a single phrase. "Stored Power."
[break]
Having received its command, Indeedee would allow for the move to take place. A purple light of raw power would emit from Indeedee, shooting up into the sky before drawing itself back down upon the wild Munna. It might have even been effective enough to deal some decent damage if it wasn't for the Munna utilizing its defense curl at the last moment.
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 0:09:44 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Indeed, not running small Pokémon over was one advantage of a flying mount. Flying mounts were also, generally speaking, faster than their land counterparts. Despite the advantages, there was just something Josh loved about being on a Pokémon bound to land. The thrill of being able to feel every flex of a mount's back, the impact of every paw touching the ground... it was far more tactile than riding a mount that floated through the air. That feeling was what Josh looked for in a ride Pokémon, and it was one of the reasons he gravitated toward big cats.

"A researcher?" Josh asked, laughing alongside Olliver. "Gym Leaders are by their nature quite well-known. It's our job to thwart trainers that think they can defeat us by the types of our Pokémon alone." Or in his case, Trick Room, Sticky Web, or other tactics meant to thwart extremely fast Pokémon. "What's your field of study? I may be in need of some people like you. Might have a contract for you."

It seemed Olliver was out here to hunt for Pokémon. A very sensible purpose to be out in the middle of nowhere; it was one of the reasons Josh wasn't just at the reins of his Jolteon instead, riding down the hill to Rustboro at breakneck speed. "All yours! Generally speaking, if a Pokémon can't wear a saddle well, I won't catch it. Of course, there are a few exceptions..."

{WC: 248}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Marius#6974

Ollie
He/Him
Twenty Five
March Eighth
Littleroot Town
Pansexual
Researcher
Grunt
Single
5 height
5 height
awards
54 posts
part of
TAG WITH @olliver
olliver samovar
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 20:17:44 GMT
olliver samovar Avatar
The fact that Josh didn't care all that much for Pokemon that he couldn't ride had been a rather unsurprising one. From what he had managed to gather about the man, racing had been his entire thing. "Well, in that case, I'll continue to focus on this particular one."
[break]
A short laugh would escape from the mans mouth as he would command his Indeedee to follow up with the same attack. "Once more, Stored Power." The psychic energies would flow from the Indeedee and culminate atop of the Munna, causing it to recoil in pain. Unlike the last time though, this Munna was going to fight back. An odd psychic wave would be called forth by the Munna and would slam into the Indeedee, causing it to fall to one knee.
[break]
Figuring that things might not look all that great for his Indeedee, Olliver would opt to hurl a pokeball at the Munna. He had hoped that his attacks were enough to knock it down a peg, thus making it easier to catch.
[break]
Unfortunately for Olliver and his Indeedee, there had still been a remaining Pokemon on the field. A single Stufful that had been simply watching up to this point. It hadn't quite rushed off towards them beforehand but now..?? It had begun to rush towards the Indeedee, hoping to flail around aimlessly, in hopes of bringing it down. Whilst Olliver might not have been paying attention to this, his Metagross had. As such, it would proceed to use Psychic against the Stufful, swatting it back with a powerful blow of telekinetic energy.
[break]
"I.. Good looking out, Metagross." Whilst waiting to see the results of his attempt to catch the Munna, Olliver would respond to Josh on what he had asked earlier. "As for my field of study, Josh, I'd have to say Biology and Physiology. In regards to both humans and Pokemon."
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,021 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 3:03:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FURFROU APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FUR COAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]COTTON GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BABY DOLL EYES

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MEDICHAM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PURE POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BIDE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DETECT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ACUPRESSURE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POWER TRICK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE MUNNA!
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 15:17:59 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Biology and physiology? Perfect! Josh was looking for someone in that field to help study his Pokémon, what with how unusually large they were for their size. He withdrew his Espeon and sent out two bigger ride Pokémon: a Kantonian and Alolan Ninetales, each with riding gear similar to what Janus wore. "These two are Mystic and Rime," he introduced the two foxes, "and they're Pokémon I'd like to know more about." He hopped on Rime's back, running his hands through the ice-type's slick fur before holding the reins attached to her.

Before Josh could elaborate on his request, he felt Rime flinch as a wild Furfrou bumped into her. He reined her around to see the normal-type in a whimper, who was badly wounded. "What in the world happened?" He held out a Sitrus Berry for the wild to eat out of his hand. Even afterward, the Furfrou continued to bury its head in the ice fox's fur. "Wait, you want to come with me?" he asked. After a nod from the wild, he held an empty Poké Ball in his hand for the canine to touch if it was so inclined.

Regardless of arrangements between the normal-type and the Gym Leader, Josh recovered his train of thought. "Would you be interested in studying my Pokémon? I have seven other Pokémon like Janus. How much do you know about Space-Time Distortions? I have a feeling they may all be related to the Distortions."

ooc: Furfrou catch please!

{WC: 249}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Marius#6974

Ollie
He/Him
Twenty Five
March Eighth
Littleroot Town
Pansexual
Researcher
Grunt
Single
5 height
5 height
awards
54 posts
part of
TAG WITH @olliver
olliver samovar
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 19:30:58 GMT
olliver samovar Avatar
Thankfully Olliver had managed to nab the Munna. Such a Pokemon would be instrumental in his future projects. Or at least he had assumed as much, given the research that had been taking place among the other researchers within Rocket. "Good one, you two. Indeedee, collect the pokeball and bring it back to me, if you would." Just as it had been ordered to, the Indeedee would retrieve the pokeball and hand it to Olliver.
[break]
With the Munna secured, Olliver would turn his attention towards the ranger that was now traveling beside him. The man had proceeded to call forth a set of Ninetails that were both rather large for their size. "Interesting.. This is my first time seeing an Alolan variant of Ninetails in person. Up to this point, I've only ever read about them."
[break]
It wouldn't be long before a wild Furfrou would arrive, causing a scene, albeit a brief one. It had seemed to be injured, this leading Josh to attempt to assist it. Just what had injured it though?? Olliver couldn't quite tell the precise thing that had caused it's injuries. What he could tell though was that the injuries that had coated the Furfrou's exterior had been blunt force trauma.
[break]
"Hm.. I am certainly willing to investigate your Pokemon, if it is something that you are genuinely offering. Especially if this is something that you believe to be linked to the space-time distortions that are cropping up across Hoenn."
[break]
As he had continued to speak with Josh, another Pokemon would enter the area. A Medicham. Presumably the one that had caused harm to the Furfrou that had just entered the area. For some reason.. It's body had been glowing red. It was almost as though it had taken quite the beating and had been preparing to unleash the same upon another.
[break]
"I see what happened now.. Metagross, use Psychic one more." Having received it's command, the Metagross would exert a powerful psychic force from the X on it's face, causing the Medicham to be knocked back a few feet. "Indeedee, follow up with Stored Power." Another round of brutal psychic attacks would bombard the Medicham. And to wrap things up after that?? Well Olliver would hurl a pokeball at the Medicham.
[break]

[break]
OOC: Attempting to catch the Medicham
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,021 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 6:04:52 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD METANG APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LIGHT METAL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PURSUIT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MAGNET RISE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BULLET PUNCH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DUOSION APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] REGENERATOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PAIN SPLIT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PSYBEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ENDEAVOR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CONFUSION

[attr="class","wildtag"]

BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 14:51:17 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"It's really neat how the same species of Pokémon can appear vastly different! Supposedly the Alolan species adapted to living in the one ice cap in the region, and that's why it's ice-type instead. Now you can find them worldwide in any cold environment. I don't think they could keep up with your Metagross, but they can put on quite a lot of speed!" Mystic reared and sounded a prideful cry. While he wasn't at first a fan of racing, as he spent more time with Josh, it grew on him. He grew to tolerate riders other than Josh! He would even let strangers control him, as long as Josh trusted them!

Josh's eyes lit up when Olliver agreed to the study. "Awesome, thank you! I'll make sure you are appropriately compensated for your time and trouble." It had been a question burning in Josh's mind since the first time he was trapped inside one of the Distortions with this young man that had saved his life. If only he could remember the person's name!

ooc: skipping!

{WC: 177}
{PC: 5}