Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,973 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
metallurgy
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 4:18:50 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greysonbase"]
[attr="class","greyson1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","greysonimg"]

[attr="class","greyson2"]answering the summons was the simple part. leaving to sleep in, greyson slips out from beneath warm sheets to get ready. braving the chill of the morning, his commute aboard the busy train is of little consequence.
[break][break]
when all is said and done, he finds himself standing in a eerily empty part of littleroot. sectioned off from the public, the appearance of the rift and it's unsettling vibration was his only companion here.
[break][break]
well, not his only companion.
[break][break]
"katherine?" the woman was notorious, and not who he expected to see here so early. the only thing that could surprise him more was the pokemon floating at her side.
[break][break]
"who.. is that?"

[break]
[break]

[break]

[attr="class","greyson3"]
[attr="class","greysonpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.greysonbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#7c98b2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
metallurgy
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 11:49:28 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[attr="class","katherine1"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Its name is Jirachi, I believe," but introducing a Legendary pokemon by its name rather than its title seemed like doing a god a disservice. "The Wish Pokemon. Are you familiar with it or its legend?"
[break][break]
Until recently, Katherine knew very little about the floating Pokemon that remained by her side. "Apparently, it can grant wishes when it wants to. That, and it also sleeps a lot, I think.
[break][break]
"Oh, erm, how have you been?" To think she'd almost forgotten to exchange pleasantries with the former gym leader.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

[newclass=".katherine1"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/VJW9HmG/31.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .katherine1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .katherine1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,973 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
metallurgy
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 4:42:22 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","greyson2"]"the wish pokemon..." they leave his lips slowly, brow creased, eyes narrowed ever so slightly. he'd met gods - or what pokemon people considered gods - but this felt far too... routine.
[break]
[break]
"is it- is jirachi coming with us?" could they just wish themselves to safety if need be? but, then again, katherine had her own patron...
[break]
[break]
speaking of pleasantries.
[break]
[break]
"uh, yeah, not too bad." greyson chuckles a bit nervously as he picks up on katherine's cue. he smiles, cheeks flushed from the cold. "what about you?" last time he'd seen her was when she completely kicked his ass in that triple battle.
[break]
[break]
wonder how he would fare against her now?

[break]
[break]

[break]

[newclass=.greysonbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
metallurgy
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 20:02:13 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"It's coming with me," Katherine clarifies although she doesn't have to. Greyson was her partner for today, yes, but the unsuspecting, drowsy god was her responsibility and her responsibility alone. "But yes."
[break][break]
Each movement the Malevolent takes is fluid and graceful, cold and practised, similar to a dance and yet not unlike a huntress. Even now, when they haven't even stepped into the rift, she maintains the same level of precision with her own body. "I hope it goes without saying that I expect you to perform as well as people claim you to be capable of, Greyson. I haven't been to this rift yet, but I have no doubt that we should be careful."
[break][break]
The pressure is on.
[break][break]
"I've been well," she answers before stepping into the rift, allowing it to transport her and Jirachi into the mechanical kingdom. She does not wait for the former gym leader to follow her, but such is already expected of him.
[break][break]
He knows that.

[break][break]

[newclass=".katherine1"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/VJW9HmG/31.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .katherine1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .katherine1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,973 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
metallurgy
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 19:09:01 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","greyson2"]straight to business. he respected that.
[break]
[break]
"of course," he says placatingly, conceding authority with the slightest nod of his head. tapping the bottom of his backpack, and checking that the dual-colored orbs that house his pokemon are all accounted for.
[break]
[break]
he steps through the rift.
[break]
[break]
stepping through the veil between dimensions leaves greyson with a sense of unease. it was as if greyson was breaking some taboo, the eyes of unseen watchers upon him. that alien sense is washed away, however, when his eyes fall upon the landscape before them.
[break]
[break]
a vast empire of metal.
[break]
[break]
towers of bronze, silver, gold, and more. bridges made entirely out of materials greyson could sparsely identify. even the ground beneath their feet was some type of pathway of.. steel? everything sparkled beneath sunlight, and greyson found himself with his mouth slightly agape. he could only whisper one word.
[break]
[break]
"arceus."

[break]
[break]

[break]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
metallurgy
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2023 21:45:10 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

As soon as they step into the rift and emerge on the other side of the cross-dimensional gateway, it becomes evident that Jirachi feels right at home in the mechanical kingdom. Where the air may feel heavy for Greyson and Katherine, the change in atmosphere and even gravity is easily noticed—only the contrary could be said for the Wish Pokemon. It practically revels in it.
[break][break]
It floats in the air excitedly, circling Greyson like an eccentric pixie. It doesn't dare invade Katherine's own space, though, seemingly recognizing that the Malevolent would be less appreciative of the gesture.
[break][break]
"I think it likes this place," she states the obvious with a roll of her eyes, "huh, maybe it likes you too," she mentions when the Wish pokemon settles on the former gym-leader's shoulder.
[break][break]
"You can handle it, yes?" Jirachi, she means.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,973 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
metallurgy
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 16:31:56 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","greyson2"]"i've got a way with the cute and tiny, I think." he thumbs the comfey on his wrist, her mews a soft echo of happiness.[break][break]

"but yeah, i can handle. really needed to stretch your legs, huh?" his eyes lift up and beyond the perched legendary, and jirachi's gaze follows.
[Break][break]
with a member of the elite four present, business soon took up the forefront of his mind. as pretty as this place was, he knew that nature hid its most dangerous predators under the veil of beauty.
[Break][break]
"what's the anticipated threat level of this place?"

[break]
[break]

[break]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
metallurgy
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 11:34:57 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Good. Thank you." Hearing Katherine thank anyone without having been forced to was almost as mythical as the Pokemon they were joined by.
[break][break]
"It's dangerous enough, I'd say. I haven't read too many reports about this realm, but from what I know, there are mechanical guards surveying most areas. They are supposedly nothing we can't handle, but enough of them could overwhelm us. If we end up drawing too much attention, then it's best to retreat," not flee, of course, she would never use such a word or resort to such lowly ways.
[break][break]
"Oh, and of course we also can't stay here too long, but that's the same for all the rifts, as you already know."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,973 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
metallurgy
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 3:45:41 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]"i see." he files that away, keen to remember such an important detail. "that's more than what i had to go on."
[break][break]
he lifts a hand-up to pat the small legendary on his shoulder, turning to look at the malevolent out of the corner of his eye.
[break][break]
"want to lead the way? or should we?"
[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #2a879e; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
metallurgy
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 1:48:03 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Go ahead."
[break][break]
Missions and rudimentary tasks like this were the few things Katherine didn't mind letting someone else call the shots in. She was usually at the front - if not on top - but Greyson gets to stand among the few lucky men who can proudly say to have dictated the pace for her.
[break][break]
It's an honour, really.
[break][break]
"Why did you leave your gym?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,973 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
metallurgy
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 1:40:22 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]greyson only half-shrugs, considering the wish pokemon on his shoulder. with her agreement, he takes the lead.
[break][break]
as they pass metal piping, he runs a hand atop the smooth chrome surface. it echoes slightly, indicating this piping was hollow.
[break][break]
her question takes him for a bit of surprise. she didn't seem the... conversational type.
[break][break]
"i'm not sure i have a good reason." he keeps his attention fixed on what's in-front of him, lip rolled to mull the thought. "i think i accomplished what i set out to do — make people more aware of the impact of their actions, especially to others."

[break]

notes

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
metallurgy
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 19:21:56 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Katherine wasn't exactly the conversational type.
[break][break]
This often changed with the right company or, more rarely, for the right reasons. Whether the former gym leader was the right company was left to be determined; nonetheless, the Malevolent had a reason, a flicker of purpose, that propelled her towards engaging in a semblance of small talk. Merely a sliver, however.
[break][break]
"Ah, is that so?" The subtle nuances betray her doubts, "Excuse my rudeness, but I strongly disagree. I dare say less people understand the weight of their actions today than they did a year ago." Her insult-- part accusation-- is concealed within a bouquet of politness. Harmless yet precise.
[break][break]
"Is there nothing else?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,973 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
metallurgy
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 0:08:30 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]her tone betrays the intention behind her sentence, though greyson's smile only widens.
[break][break]
"mm, perhaps you're right." he couldn't cover all of hoenn, nor was this something you put on a pamphlet. "but i learned a great deal of things about the job, about others, and even about myself. so, i'll take what i can get a suppose." he ends the thought on another half-shrug.
[break][break]
"i'm curious to what you're fishing for." katherine, in their short interactions, gave off the impression of someone who enjoyed getting straight to the point. greyson decides to go out on a limb and be rather direct. "forgive me, but i don't think you're actually interested in my gym."

[break]

notes

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
metallurgy
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 19:55:38 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Really? What gave it away?"
[break][break]
The cadence of Katherine's voice hinted at a subtle orchestration, leaving Greyson to wonder whether or not she wanted him to pick up on her true intention and reach this precise conclusion. Of course she didn't care about his gym.
[break][break]
"You know, to me it sounds like you just got lazy," the Malevolent possessed an unrivalled willingness to divulge her innermost sentiments regarding this affair. Regarding Greyson specifically, too. Her familiarity with him holds no weight in the grand scheme of things. Besides, she has never been above assuming the worst about people.
[break][break]
"Those who care about serving our region in times of need don't just quit once they've learned enough, don't you think?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,973 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
metallurgy
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 1:10:41 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]he holds back a sigh.
[break][break]
he had no divine writ from which he could pull from to direct his actions, no great authority to ensure the path he walked was one worth doing so. he had only his own motivations, his own measure of accountability. at the best of times this keeps him honest, and at the worst?
[break][break]
"there are things beyond duty," he says finally, keeping his attention centered on the kingdom ahead of him. "the job didn't satisfy me, and it certainly didn't push me. it became a rhythm that, if i'm being honest, felt more and more like someone was playing taps at my funeral."
[break][break]
he casts a glance over his shoulder — the one jirachi wasn't perched upon.
[break][break]
"with all due respect — gym leader or not, i've been there. from the peaks of mt. pyre facing both groudon, and then standing before palkia; at sootopolis against necrozma; in other realm as we stood judgement before the DRK Triad; and so much more."
[break][break]
he half-shrugs.
[break][break]
"coincidently i discovered that i was better on the front lines, in the thick of things, than back at home running a gym."

[break]

notes