Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop2"]BIG BANG CLASH

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

DOUBLE BATTLE
TOURNAMENT

BADA BOOM!

"Are you ready you to clash?" a voice booms as the two competitors step onto the field, "Let us set the stage with a roll of the dice." [break][break]

On a screen above the spacious field, a set of dice roll and with their results the battlefield changes.[break][break]

"Such dense fog and is that a purple glow I see? What a combination. Well, challengers - it's time to CLASH![break][break]

& [break][break]

WqWgqkAw

BATTLE MODIFIERS
You Feeling Lucky?

Fog [71-80][break]
The fog is deep. Dark and Ghost-type moves deal +50 Damage, all other moves deal -50 Damage.[break][break]

Psychic Terrain [81-100][break]
Psychic energy bathes the battlefield. Psychic-type moves deal +50 Damage and can hit Dark-Type Pokemon. Dark-type moves deal -50 Damage. Normal-type moves become Psychic-type.

[newclass=".omgentop2"]background-color:#D67067;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#845a91,#4a4949);font:800 35px Poppins;font-weight:800!important;line-height:30px;text-align:left;padding:45px;letter-spacing:-2px;margin-bottom:7px;border-radius:3px;color:#2b2b2b; } .omgenroster img { filter:grayscale(50%); border-radius:10px; transition:0.5s all; border:7px solid #222;} .omgenroster img:hover {filter:grayscale(0%) saturate(130%); transition:0.5s all;}.omgenroster td { text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]·
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Andrea vs Kyle (BBC)
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 14:58:55 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Talk about trial by fire. Andrea's first match would be against Hoenn's Top Champion! She expected to see a lot of high-impact moves from his team, so she chose two of her toughest Pokémon for this round: Aggron and Rhyperior.

"Let's have a fun match, Mr. Top Champion!" The dragon-hooded girl bowed in respect, before going straight on the offensive, ordering her Aggron to Protect against any incoming attacks, while her Rhyperior used Earthquake (BP: 100) to inflict big damage right off the bat.

Barron (Aggron): 1,000/1,000 HP
Donna (Rhyperior): 1,000/1,000 HP
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,465 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Andrea vs Kyle (BBC)
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 4:15:55 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the way both the weather and the terrain matched was a nice coincidence. it sets the mood for a good first round as this eerie, mysterious place.

"you too, miss gym leader." she's from the minor league, but it still counts.

a coincidence given that kyle goes in with his team from his minor league gym. two electric-types hit the field, and standing side-by-side, they endure the earthquake before firing off their own moves.

a boomburst drowns the steel-type as psychic terrain turns the normal-type moves to its respective typing. rotom, on the other hand, abuses the weather, hides within the fog before blindsiding the ground-type with its poltergeist.

toxtricity used boomburst (140BP) > aggron
rotom uses poltergeist (160BP) > rhyperior

psychic terrain > +50BP to boomburst
fog > -50BP to boomburst
fog > +50BP to poltergeist

toxtricity - 950/1000 HP
rotom - 1000/1000 HP

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Andrea vs Kyle (BBC)
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 11:41:54 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Yep, despite using a seemingly weaker combination than the full team of legendaries he was famous for, the Top Champion was not messing around. Barron was able to halve the damage thanks to his Protect, but it still stung quite a bit. That Toxtricity definitely needed to be taken out first.

"Barron, Donna! It's big numbers time!" The young PokéManiac declared. Her Aggron charged forth with a terrain-boosted Double-Edge (BP: 120 +50 -50), while her Rhyperior went for Stone Edge (BP: 100 - 50). Both moves targeted Toxtricity.

Barron (Aggron): 930/1,000 HP
Donna (Rhyperior): 840/1,000 HP

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,465 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Andrea vs Kyle (BBC)
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 18:20:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the fog was in his favor for the most part, given that his rotom was the only pokemon in the field that benefits from it. maybe he got lucky with the roll of the dice, but luck isn't going to hold for long if he doesn't back it up with actions.

"keep it up!" he cheers his pokemon from the sidelines.

stone spikes jut out from the ground, cornering the toxtricity for the aggron to ram into him. it squirms out from being pinned before letting loose its boomburst towards it once again.

stone chips from the rhyperior's attack were taken by the rotom, snickering as it commandeers it back to the rhyperior with its poltergeist. the counterattack throws the shrapnel back to where it came from.

"how about a little chat while we're at it?" he offers, tone lighthearted as it can be. "or are you the type of person to concentrate on the match?"

he doesn't judge.

rotom uses poltergeist (160BP) > rhyperior

fog > -50BP to boomburst

toxtricity - 780/1000 HP
rotom - 1000/1000 HP

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Andrea vs Kyle (BBC)
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 19:11:34 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Ouch! Kyle was beating her in the 'big number go brrr' game by a landslide. "Don't give up, guys! Do it again!" Andrea exclaimed, her two behemoths pulling the same combo as before: Double-Edge (BP: 120 +50 -50) and Stone Edge (BP: 100 - 50), both targeting Toxtricity. If they could knock out at least one of the Champion's Pokémon, this match wouldn't be a complete fluke on their part.

His invitation for a little mid-battle chat caused the draconic cosplayer to tilt her head confusedly. "Huh? Sure. What would you like to chat about, Mr. Champion?" She asked in turn.

Barron (Aggron): 790/1,000 HP
Donna (Rhyperior): 680/1,000 HP

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,465 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Andrea vs Kyle (BBC)
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 0:23:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
He crosses his arms. He didn't think this far, and it's usually the other person striking up a conversation on his end. On his defense, his recent ones were challenges from friends and acquaintances.

"usually, it's the other side that talks a lot, well, for me at least." he thinks hard for a topic, and though this isn't their first meeting, kyle cannot find a suitable subject to talk about at the moment. "have you taken gym challenges recently? some of them get talkative the moment you give them ammo."

she was part of the minor league, so kyle surmises she has interest in it somewhat.

without its trainer, nor the enemy, taking a focus on him, the rotom goes against the script in its own mischievous way. ominous wind blows against the aggron, surprising the toxtricity who stuck with the instructions of attacking the rotom's new target.

rotom uses ominous wind (110BP) > aggron

fog > -50BP to boomburst
fog > +50BP to ominous wind

toxtricity - 610/1000 HP
rotom - 1000/1000 HP

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Andrea vs Kyle (BBC)
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 17:41:24 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"I HAVE taken plenty of challenges recently. A lot of them were talkative, I guess. Especially before and after the match." The novice Gym leader replied. Nonetheless, she found it weird to get talkative during a match. Shouldn't they stay focused for the sake of their partners?

Case in point, Barron was targeted by both of the Top Champion's Pokémon. The dragon-cosplaying girl gasped. "Barron, Protect!" Her Aggron raised a protective barrier in front of itself, halving the damage from both attacks, which still dealt a significant blow to the armored rhinoceros' iron-clad defenses.

Meanwhile, Donna the Rhyperior went for an Earthquake (BP: 100 - 50), trying to knock down the Toxtricity.

Barron (Aggron): 640/1,000 HP
Donna (Rhyperior): 680/1,000 HP

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,465 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Andrea vs Kyle (BBC)
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 2:05:10 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"that's what i'm saying. i'm not used being the one to find a topic to talk about, and at this point, i'm not used to matches without a conversation."

he folds his arms and tries to think of one. he gives up soon after and shrugs.

"the likes of josh and noah make it easy, i don't know how they do it..."

the pokemon remain wailing on each other beneath the curtain of fog. the rotom continuously blows its ominous wind at the aggron, though it protects through most of it. the toxtricity meets the rhyperior's attack and retaliates with its own.

toxtricity used boomburst (140BP) > rhyperior

fog > -50BP to boomburst

toxtricity - 560/1000 HP
rotom - 1000/1000 HP

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Andrea vs Kyle (BBC)
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 15:19:59 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The young PokéManiac raised an eyebrow. "Josh? You mean ?" He definitely was the type to run his mouth a lot, especially when the subjects of racing or Raikou were brought up. Not that she judged him. Andrea had her own things she was passionate about.

Eventually, she figured out a topic they could talk about. "OK, let's talk about the minor league. Why did you stop running it?" The dragon-hooded girl inquired. It was perhaps a sensitive question to ask, but it was the first thing that came to her mind in a pinch.

Barron and Donna were poised to lose the match at this point, having sustained a lot of damage from Kyle's killer combo. Still, they refused to go down without a fight, targeting the Champion's Toxtricity with a Double-Edge (BP: 120 +50 -50) and Stone Edge (BP: 100 - 50) respectively.

Barron (Aggron): 530/1,000 HP
Donna (Rhyperior): 540/1,000 HP

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,465 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Andrea vs Kyle (BBC)
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 6:43:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"hmm, it's just too much work, i suppose. they allowed my dismissal when things went south with the dome and all, and it's not like i'm good at my job."

kyle attempts to think of anything more meaning with his acquittal of the role, but he can't think of anything else besides it being additional work on his plate and him not being bothered to stress himself over it.

"the important thing is i got it set up. that's the minimum they required from me anyways."

he still runs his own minor gym even after quitting as its director though.

his pokemon remains to exchange hits with andrea's on the background. his toxtricity starts to experience being worn down by the attacks after being focused while his rotom remains blissfully free from any damage. it helps that the fog keeps it at its element, too.

fog > -50BP to boomburst

toxtricity - 390/1000 HP
rotom - 1000/1000 HP

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Andrea vs Kyle (BBC)
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 16:34:22 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The eccentric trainer covered her ears, as yet another Boomburst blared across the battlefield, splintering the earth with great destructive force. Her two Pokémon retaliated with the same combo as before, Double-Edge (BP: 120 +50 -50) and Stone Edge (BP: 100 - 50). If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That Toxtricity was bound to fall sooner or later, and then it'd be able to burst no more.

"The way you phrase that kinda makes it sound like we weren't worth your time." The minor Gym leader pointed out with a slight frown. She didn't believe that Kyle was bad at his job. If he were, he wouldn't still be Champion. "If you're passionate about something, you do it no matter how much work it is. Raising Pokémon, taking on challengers, protecting the region... All those things require work too, don't they?"

Barron (Aggron): 420/1,000 HP
Donna (Rhyperior): 400/1,000 HP

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,465 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Andrea vs Kyle (BBC)
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 18:42:31 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"it's because of that that i thought it would be better to leave you to better administration." he admits. "i'm really underqualified with these kinds of things, and..."

he scratches the back of his head, grumbling in embarrassment.

"hmm, maybe you're right and i should have tried more." he sighs. "i'm really bad at this passion stuff. how do you keep yourself motivated, then?"

in the background, the usual exchange happens. it's a slugfest, with two sides throwing out attacks until the other side falls.

fog > -50BP to boomburst

toxtricity - 220/1000 HP
rotom - 1000/1000 HP

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Andrea vs Kyle (BBC)
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2023 9:23:39 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Was truly 'better' administration? She didn't even drop by their Gyms to say hi. At the end of the day, both the Commissioner and the Top Champion had more pressing duties to attend to.

"Well, whenever I feel unmotivated, I remind myself what my dream is: To become a Pokémon!" The draconic cosplayer responded to Kyle's inquiry. "As long as you don't lose sight of your dreams, you'll always be motivated!" She mirthfully added.

Meanwhile, their Pokémon kept going at it. Due to the restrictions set by the tournament, it was a battle devoid of strategy. Both teams were just whaling on each other with their strongest attacks, in this case, another Double-Edge (BP: 120 +50 -50) and Stone Edge (BP: 100 - 50) targeting Toxtricity.

Barron (Aggron): 310/1,000 HP
Donna (Rhyperior): 260/1,000 HP

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,465 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Andrea vs Kyle (BBC)
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 13:52:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"here's the thing: i don't have any." he wonders if it sounds arrogant when it comes from someone with a champion title, but it has always been that even before he got to the top. "but you're right. i need to come up with one."

he folds his arms as he thinks of his options.

"maybe i should work on not giving up without a valid reason. it's not a dream, but it's something, right?"

another round of attacks were exchanged between their pokemon. the only real development here was that the toxtricity was getting weary at this point, and that his rotom has switched up its move back to poltergeist.

rotom uses poltergeist (160BP) > aggron

fog > -50BP to boomburst

toxtricity - 50/1000 HP
rotom - 1000/1000 HP