kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 3:22:51 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"why not? i thought it was him that chose you?"

unlike most avatars, kyle wasn't chosen by his patron. he's scouted by entei, and then inaugurated by the rest. it took a while before he actually met ho-oh for the first time that kyle doesn't feel the same connection as the rest.

if anything, he feels closer to entei than ho-oh despite his heart tugging him closer to the latter.

"ho-oh wasn't the one who made me his avatar. what's groudon's excuse?"

he's more curious than anything. with an eyebrow raised and a smirk, he waits for matias to respond.

"you've already used him more times than i did with ho-oh. you can't say he's not fond of you."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,067 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 5:07:58 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"it's not really fond of me in that way. we just mutually benefit from each other, i guess."[break][break]

groudon grants him power and in return expects the same from him, either through matias' own will or through the red shards they have yet to find.[break][break]

the shift away from groudon is attempted with his next statement.[break][break]

"virizion speaks to me, though. or at least i know what she feels most of the time."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 6:03:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"huh."

kyle takes the moment to digest what he's learned. while relationship between him and ho-oh weren't strained, they definitely weren't as meaningful as others. there's no contract, no stipulations. it just... exists.

same thing with terakion.

"that's still better with what i have, i guess. i just, i don't know, watch over me or something."

there's no guidance. kyle exists simply to be their representative to the game board that is hoenn. from kyle's perspective, both entei and terakion serve the same objective of simply keeping him safe.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,067 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 6:07:06 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"that makes sense."[break][break]

he starts.[break][break]

"you're hoenn's protector. the protagonist. it makes sense that you control them as opposed to them controlling you."[break][break]

even if he does not realize it yet, or maybe he has but is in denial, he falls under the umbrella of the latter.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 3:14:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"ew, don't say that," he responds in disgust for being called a protagonist. "i'd need to change my name to something cool like raven or apollo first."

he would have listed more reasons, but at that point, it would just be a self-depreciative rant, and those are cringe.

kyle circles back to the topic of avatars, trying to correct matias from his perspective. if he's asked others about it before and he's come to that conclusion, then it just makes kyle believe his situation differs from other avatars.

"it's not like i'm controlling them though. it's more like, hm, a childhood pet that you grew up with. you understand them, and you feel too attached to lord over them, but you know they have your back regardless."

it felt a bit disrespectful to make an analogy similar to that, but it's the closest one kyle can think of at the moment.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,067 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 3:38:30 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"raven lopez sounds good."[break][break]

no it doesn't. kyle will probably have to change his surname too to be something more fitting. at least stormy had a protagonist-like name.[break][break]

he nods along to kyle's analogy, understanding it enough.[break][break]

"would you ever give them up?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 19:19:03 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"ugh. if you include my surname, then it further limits the good ones," he complains.

kyle doesn't take the time to think of new names to give himself that would also fit his surname. his attention would then be shifted to matias' question.

for a second, he's stunned. the next, he lets a chuckle out.

"of course not! you don't give up pets you're attached with." it seemed like a disrespectful comparison to legendary pokemon that chose them over everyone else. "are you actually a sociopath?"

he meant it as jokes, but the question was half-meant.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,067 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 3:03:19 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"ha! no, i'm not."[break][break]

at least not in his head. if anything, he feels as though he's the only sane one at times—the only one willing to do what is needed to win.[break][break]

this is just a mere bump in the road, one he will easily overcome.[break][break]

"are you going to be here the whole time? a month is a long time."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 1:41:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i have options," he casually mentions. "maybe i can have entei watch over. the pokedex does say he's a volcano pokemon. he might get along well with groudon."

he hasn't actually seen his pokemon interact with other legends before, but since it's just surveillance, it's not like there's going to be an actual interaction with the two.

"do you want me to stay with you for a month instead?" he teases.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,067 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 2:59:14 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

letting groudon interact with another legendary might not be the best idea given its complicated history. it does not play well with others, he imagines, which is why virizion is never around when it is.[break][break]

"as much as i'd like that, i think the snitch needs you more."[break][break]

he laughs.[break][break]

"i don't want anything to happen to him, you know?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 11:13:25 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"if it makes you feel better, i wasn't planning to anyways," he responds.

staying in the middle of nowhere was too much for kyle. he's a city boy that enjoys the sense of nostalgia brought by his hometown. the only reason he can tolerate verdanturf was because of its proximity with major cities anyways.

"well, don't worry much about him. you should worry more about livy. do you want to tell her i already know, or should we make the next expedition back to the borders an awkward one?"

if the news doesn't reach back to her, she'd have to skirt around keeping the secret around kyle. that, or start the trip with an awkward confession of some kind.

as she should know, there's a risk of secrets leaking out in that realm.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,067 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2023 6:15:09 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"nah, let's make it awkward. it'll be more fun that way."[break][break]

but he has a feeling will find out anyways. she has a way of weaseling information from out of seemingly nowhere.[break][break]

with a sigh, he tilts his head over to look at his friend.[break][break]

"thanks for not judging me too much."[break][break]

even if he doesn't say as much, it means a lot to him.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 2:46:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"huh? oh, that. i mean, i didn't expect you to actually do that, but i'm not really surprised."

he'd say he already has low expectations of him when it comes to morality, but manages to stop himself from actually saying it verbally.

"do you think you can change that part of you while you keep throwing yourself at conflict?"

it's one thing to attempt to change one's self. it's another to think that it's going to happen naturally, all while putting yourself in positions that actively challenge your morals.

it's one of the times where kyle is happy he's working for the police than the military.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,067 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 16:21:11 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

kyle not being surprised should be a bad thing but matias doesn't see it that way. he sees a friend who understands who he is, how he is, and why he does what he does.[break][break]

just about, anyways. it's not like he has any other close friends.[break][break]

"what part of me are you talking about?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 2:29:46 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you must be aware of that part of you that gets you in conflict with others, right?"

kyle takes a moment to think of the words that escaped his mouth, and realized it's irony in itself. an exasperated sigh comes deep from the lungs as the realization occurs.

"but i guess that's exactly why it happens."

he takes another swig of his beer.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights