6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 7:27:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he's never been to matias' house before. most of the time, they hang out at the league's offices, and rarely, on his turf.

the ranch seemed homey enough, especially given that kyle's hometown was filled with them. as much as kyle felt comfortable with the atmosphere, the reason behind his visit was barely such.

with a bag slung on his side and another one on his hand from his trip from the convenience store, he rings the doorbell to announce his unexpected arrival.

...or maybe it was be expected, depending on how confident he was with his storytelling.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,068 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 7:38:13 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the incident report he had filed after 's approval raised some flags, naturally, given the historic nature of their legendaries. not much has come from it apart from having to be more monitored by aqua.[break][break]

he thinks it's a blessing that they send him but it might actually be a curse in disguise.[break][break]

"make yourself at home."[break][break]

it does not take him long after greeting kyle to show up around the ranch. it's located near isolation, lost in the wildneress where it sits by a large lake at the base of a mountain. there are still some signs of a large battle being fought here but he'd done what he can to repair it.[break][break]

as he walks through the living room, he turns back to kyle to ask:[break][break]

"you thirsty?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 7:57:46 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yes, please," he answers nonchalantly. "i got beer on the way but it got warm on the way."

he raises the plastic bag and then leaves it on his coffee table. kyle doesn't need to mention that it's because he lives in the middle of nowhere and the trip between the cities to his home takes too long.

as per instruction, he does make himself at home. he settles on the couch. he double guessing which places are safe given how aggressive he was on his otome route. the only thing he can do is try to block that thought from his head.

"you know why i'm here, right?" he asks.

kyle doesn't like being formal. besides, it's easier to just let matias try to guess where he stands, and then just correct the misunderstandings when they come.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,068 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 8:03:16 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"i got you."[break][break]

the warm beer in the plastic bag is taken and put into the fridge. it its place, matias pulls out two bottles of cold beer, one for himself before offering the other to kyle when he walks back over.[break][break]

he raises the bottle toward kyle briefly before sipping. he sits down on the couch as well.[break][break]

"aqua sent you to monitor me or whatever after the training exercise gone wrong."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 8:23:00 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his eyes stare at the ceiling, a brow raising afterwards, before his shoulders give way to a shrug.

"close enough."

the reasoning was more than that, but kyle decides it's fine to omit it altogether. the end result is the same, and he's pretty sure he's gotten the same reprimanding as the last time he got in hot waters.

"this is your second strike though. you got lucky eva was there. if it was anyone else, i doubt they'll cover for you."

kyle takes his beer and takes a sip. the cool, refreshing drink sliding down his throat earns it an exaggerated breath of satisfaction.

"well, they already judged you for it. the sentence's pretty much set in stone. so, is that all that happened?"

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,068 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 8:33:27 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]
"lucky? cover for me?"[break][break]

is that the story that's being told? that something happened and that it was his fault only to have step in and save the day?[break][break]

it's too easy for the GRUDGE to build, hidden within the recesses of his mind.[break][break]

"what do you think happened?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 8:43:46 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle sighs when he's told to retell the story in his own.

"it's unfair for me to make inferences when i only have that report to work with, you know."

biases were easy to form that even kyle falls for it. his relationship with matias, as well as eva's reputation, helps the story remain consistent for him.

"i'm just saying you don't have that many fans. it'll be easy for them to twist the story against you while retaining the accident part."

a friendly smirk forms on his expression.

"are you getting defensive?" he teases.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,068 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 8:47:18 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"i have plenty of fans."[break][break]

no, he doesn't, even he knows that much. so he swallows whatever pride he has as he takes another sip of his beer.[break][break]

"the training might have gotten out of hand because of how we felt."[break][break]

he sighs, realizing he should have told kyle way sooner.[break][break]

"eva and i are no longer together."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 8:55:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
arms were held high as kyle stretches at the news finally getting to him.

"thank god i don't have to dance around that anymore," he proclaims. "no best man for me, then, huh?"

it's one of the hypotheses he's thought of that he didn't want to mention. it's too much hinting of what he knows, and with how these stories went, he's uncertain how matias will react.

he doesn't seem to have changed for the most part though.

"did it start before or after our trip? i'm curious of the truth."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,068 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 9:01:38 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

he shakes his head.[break][break]

"maybe the next one."[break][break]

if there ever will be a next one. he doubts it.[break][break]

he lowers the bottle to rest on his leg, condensation seeping into the fabric of his pants.[break][break]

even if kyle doesn't mention by name, he assumes that's who the champion is referring to. they've known each other long enough to know better.[break][break]

"after, i think. but i'm not so sure anymore."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 14:31:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he folds his arms as he tries to get as much clarity on the situation as he can.

"huh. that's a predicament, then."

uncertainty on the situation suggests the borders simply pulling out inner desires from them instead of a fabricated relationship. from what he heard from , it does seem like they pushed through even after the influence dissipated.

"i can't say i support this development, but i suppose there's nothing to be done if the rift has something to do with it. not that i can really judge you though."

kyle has been in a similar situation, although the pairing he tried to insert himself into doesn't have an official tag to them. comparable, maybe, but not exactly the same as breaking off an engagement.

"but do you still want to talk about it, or should we move your sanctions?"

he realizes he might be prying into something more personal, which he wouldn't have cared about before. the honesty and the personal code of honor he once attached to his brashness becomes muddled with the news. uncertainty grows. kyle wonders if he still can read him as back then.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,068 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 15:28:49 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"why can't you judge? everyone else will."[break][break]

and even if he says he can take it, that their comments, criticisms, and judgements will simply bounce off of him, there's only so much he can take before it all comes bursting out. hopefully not in the worst of ways.[break][break]

he shrugs in response, not committing to wanting to talk about it even if he does if only to learn more about kyle. despite how long they've known each other, there is still too much he doesn't know that makes the champion difficult to read.[break][break]

"have you spoken to her about it?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 15:53:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"eh. i'm weak. i can hardly resist the effects of the borders. who's to say i won't be the same in the face of love?"

he shrugs.

flaunting over his current relationship and how it makes him feel the best would just be rubbing salt on the wound, so he doesn't say anything. previous bias tells him he doesn't outright hate eva either.

prompted with a question, kyle fires back with his own to clarify.

"who? livy? about the sanctions or about the whole debacle?"

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,068 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 16:21:56 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"you aren't weak, kyle. that place is just fucked."[break][break]

and yet they've gone back over and over again and for what? discovery? knowledge? those are the excuses he tells people but he knows it's for his own selfish reasons. he seeks power, lusts for it and for the thrill of being in danger every single time he ventures there.[break][break]

he sips once more, drowning his worries when it comes to .[break][break]

"about all of it."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ankle monitor [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 16:43:36 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"no. i don't think we're that close to talk about sensitive stuff like that."

he has a good rapport with her, he thinks, but he's not confident enough to straight up ask her of things that would normally be reserved for actual close friends.

"i wasn't involved with the decision making behind the whole groudon-rayquaza incident anyways, so that's also a no to that regard. i'm just league's choice for this parole thing since i'm the only member of the police force signed with aqua."

most were with the military— matias included. at this time, they were better off assigned to other fronts.

"cian's the only involved party i've talked with if that's what you're trying to figure out."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights