Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ilomilo
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 3:33:49 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

It'd been several days since their conversation at League HQ. Since then, Penelope had found plenty of time to think for herself. Whether it be in the bedroom, where only memories lay in wait, their cold fingers curling around her shoulders, or in the long drawling hours of the afternoon, where even work couldn't settle her buzzing thoughts, there was no escape from those persistent thoughts.
[break][break]

While regret never found its way back into her heart, guilt was never shy with its inflictions.
[break][break]

It was what tugged her along the dirt path leading up to the only address had on file. It was also Eva's only address, but for reasons that felt painfully obvious, she had chosen to ignore that fact.
[break][break]

Small basket hanging off her arm, hair fixed into an intricate french braid, dressed in a pair of black slacks and white turtle neck, Penelope softly knocked on the ranch's door.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ilomilo
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 3:47:37 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

even if matias has never been one to rely on company, 's recent visits have helped keep him out of the depths of his thoughts and feelings that continue to be a swirling mess. he cannot think, he cannot eat, he cannot sleep.[break][break]

and the reason why is knocking at the door right now.[break][break]

not that he knows that, of course. he doesn't bother checking the cameras. he just opens the door, expecting his best friend.[break][break]

"penny?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ilomilo
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 3:56:18 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Hey."
[break][break]

A smile attempted to find its place along her face, but with the emotions that stirred, it grew more awkward with every passing second. Still, she kept it up.
[break][break]

Raising her arm, she jostled the picnic basket in the space between them. Its contents clanged against each other beneath the wooden flaps.
[break][break]

"I know it's a bit sudden, but I thought, maybe, a visitor might be a nice surprise? I brought some wine, too, and some meats and cheeses to pair."

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ilomilo
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 13:26:28 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the gesture warms his soul, lips parting into a smile that comes all too easily, almost as easily as guilt. his expression drops.[break][break]

"fuck, penny."[break][break]

he steps forward, letting the door shut behind him as he joins her on the porch.[break][break]

"you can't be here. this isn't right."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ilomilo
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 15:24:54 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Oh.
[Break][BREAK]
The awkward smile slid off her face.
[Break][BREAK]
He was right.
[Break][BREAK]
"Sorry."
[Break][BREAK]
What else was there to say? She bit down on her bottom lip, gnawing at it like a piece of rubber.
[Break][BREAK]
"I just wanted to talk and, well, apologize. But you're right."
[Break][BREAK]
Slowly, she lowered herself down, placing the basket in front of him. It's constants gave off one last ceremonious clang before settling down.
[Break][BREAK]
"At least enjoy this for me, then."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ilomilo
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 15:59:19 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

perhaps he had overreacted.[break][break]

"wait."[break][break]

his eyes shut, tired as though he has not been allowed a moment's rest since their incident in the border. he bites his pride down, sighing before reaching out to grab her shoulders.[break][break]

"fuck, wait, i'm sorry. i'm sorry. i overreacted."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ilomilo
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 16:03:49 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

His touch feels magnetic, as with the laws of physics, she felt herself pulled by it.
[BREAK][BREak]
"You were hurt. Rightfully so."
[BREAK][BREak]
And she held the means of mending it. If given the chance to do it again, there was little she would change, but at the very least, the delivery might've been a little more Penelope and less councilwoman Livy.
[BREAK][BREak]
"How are you holding up?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ilomilo
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 16:22:04 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

it takes him a second too long before he finally realizes.[break][break]

"oh. i was talking about just now."[break][break]

maybe it's because he's holding her but his anger remains quelled, tamed until provoked which may very well be soon.[break][break]

"did you think i was apologizing for what i said back in the office?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ilomilo
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 16:32:25 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Fuck. Bad read.
[Break][Break]
Penelope's expression flinched against the sudden change. Hesitant, she did her best to mend what might've finally snapped.
[Break][Break]
"Sorry, I just-"
[Break][Break]
She bit off the end of her words.
[Break][Break]
"It doesn't matter," she shook her head, "if it's alright, maybe we could just take a walk around? I don't want to intrude or cause any problems for you."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ilomilo
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 16:40:53 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

she makes the right suggestion, correcting her earlier mistake. he would praise her but that doesn't seem appropriate given their current standing. shaky grounds, like usual.[break][break]

"a walk sounds nice, but i can't go too far."[break][break]

given the ankle monitor. but he reaches down to pick up the basket regardless.[break][break]

"i can almost make it to the lake if you want to head that way."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ilomilo
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 16:53:20 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"lead the way."
[BREak][BREak]
A small smile peaked over horizon, brightened by the perfect weather bestowed upon them. Warm enough to make for perfect picnic weather, but with enough breeze to cool them down when necessary.
[BREak][BREak]
Along the way, several urges to compliment the property would almost trickle out, only to be swallowed with what looked to be an lightly ENVIOUS side-glance.
[BREak][BREak]
When they did find their spot along the side of the lake, Penelope would waste no time busying herself, pulling out the small blanket she had tucked inside and spreading it along the grass. It was supposed to give off an indoor picnic vibe, if they were to have this indoors, but given the situation, it was just as effective.
[BREak][BREak]
Fingers flattening it's wrinkles, she glanced back up at him.
[BREak][BREak]
"I don't know if you're a charcuterie kind of guy, but I figured, who doesn't like meats and cheeses?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ilomilo
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 17:11:55 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

as they make their walk away from the ranch, through the woods, and towards the lake, she is allowed glimpses into his previous life, the life he had built with that is nothing more than a memory now.[break][break]

it still hurts him but he hides the pain well. it's easy to, anyways, when in her presence.[break][break]

he lowers down onto the blanket as well and brings his knees to his chest.[break][break]

"it's not something i often have but it's nice."[break][break]

a hand goes to tug at the ankle monitor; a mindless gesture more than anything.[break][break]

"thank you for preparing it."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ilomilo
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 18:24:30 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"thank you for enjoying it with me."
[Break][break]
Slipping beside him, legs crossed, she dragged the basket in front of them and began preparing its contents. First the plate, then she arranged the cheeses she'd already precut, then the sliced meats. She had also packed pockets of grapes and nuts, but those were of shorter supply.
[Break][break]
Finally, her fingers reached for the dual pair of glasses and their matching bottle.
[Break][break]
"You know, things aren't the same without you," she teased, still arranging everything on her own. At this point, she was twisting off the bottle's cork.
[Break][break]
"You always bring a certain, mm, boost of energy with you. I've missed it."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ilomilo
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 18:32:19 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

idly, he chips away at the cheese spread as he watches her. he makes sure to cherish the moment as he has no clue how long it will last or if he'll even get the chance to experience more of her.[break][break]

"pretty sure that's just the adrenaline from our arguments."[break][break]

they just happen to be so frequent that it's plausible for them to mistake the fight or flight response with boosts of energy. but he's mostly joking, made clear when he laughs.[break][break]

"you know you can bring me back if you miss me that much."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ilomilo
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 1:33:50 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Well, then, I miss those too."
[break][break]

Her chuckle melded with his, creating a soft harmony between them as she handed his poured glass over and began sifting through the cheeses herself. As always, her fingers searched for the brie. It'd be a crime to do much else.
[break][break]

"I've opened conversations."
[break][break]

The admission came with the equally opaque reality that she had done so in the same conversation their expedition to the borders had been brought up. Given how large this scandal would be, it felt almost intuitive to be upfront with , even if it meant smearing her own reputation with the chairwoman in the process. All things considered, it hadn't been too rough of a conversation, but that might've come with the fact that it was spoken as a one-time deal. All further attachments were still concealed.
[break][break]

"Not sure how much will come from it though."

[break][break]