TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
rock and a hard place [m]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 0:31:00 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
"well... in we go!" derek states before a brash plunge through the contents of the portal. this one in particular leads to the border, of which he is familiar with. though perhaps not as much as the councilwoman in his company.
[break]
[break]
waiting for her on the other side, a readied pokeball in hand awaits to answer anything that thought to get uppity due to their entrance. seemed just about everything in this place worked against them. one way or another.
[break]
[break]
"you been here much?" a genuine question, now that they were in the thick of things. she'd mentioned some amount of familiarity with this place over a brief text, but nothing explicit enough to know for sure. just that she was willing and able to tag along without proving a nuisance.
[break]
[break]
not that he'd really consider her as such.
[break]
[break]
"gotta admit, though. i was kind of surprised you didn't have cian or someone tag along. you guys doing alright?" his ignorance is bliss, knowing naught of what torments may plague penelope's conscience to this very moment.
[break]
[break]
cian had said he'd bring derek along when they ventured within these portals. part of derek wondered why his fellow gym leader didn't make good on that invitation, but he figured it must have been with good reason. although, what with the news...
[break]
[break]
perhaps there were some things that the councilwoman could clear up for him along the way?

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-beldum color-shiny"]

[newclass=".derek1"]--accent:#80828B; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/15/dd/SXHfA7UF_o.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote b, .derek1 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .derek1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .derek1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 20px 20px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 20px 20px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! CODED BY MAD, PARTIAL CREDIT TO MILKY FOR CODE REFERENCED AND FONT STYLE <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 5:11:15 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Right behind you!"
[break][break]
With a similarly brazen plunge through the rippling rift, Penelope found herself warping into the familiar realm of dust and floating rock, this time with a new face to accompany her.
[break][break]
. Best Ranger in all of petalburg. Or, at least, that's the title she used to greet him.
[break][break]
Dusting the dust from her pants, Penelope hid a pained expression behind the curtain of her falling hair. Cian. It still hurt to hear that name, especially coming from someone else.
[break][break]
"We broke up, actually," she attempted to chuckle, but it fell short, coming out dry and frayed. "But! I'm glad you agreed to join me. It's been too long, you know? You gotta stop disappearing on me."
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 12:54:48 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
"oh..." he wasn't ready for that one. thought of it, sure, but derek hadn't always been the best at dealing with moments like these. he figured they might be on a break, but to have severed ties...
[break]
[break]
best he could manage on the spot was to assure penelope of at least one thing.
[break]
[break]
"yeah... it has, hasn't it?" a forged smile graces his features as he considers how to put a temporary lid on something that still seemed to foul penelope's mood. that dry laugh... their councilwoman was a real trooper, wasn't she? trying to save face in front of everyone, no matter who or what it was.
[break]
[break]
"to be honest, it's because of what said to me." turning away to face the mist and smoke that filled the landscape, derek pressed a hand through the waves to begin making their way.
[break]
[break]
prompt #26 encounter/engage with a gargantuan golurk with a bloody spiked shield on its back. when it finds lost spirits, it grabs them to impale on its spike, cleaning the border of stubborn souls.

[break]
[break]
"i've been torturing myself over that whole conversation, and why she thinks someone like me could somehow force something as rogue as registeel to make me their avatar... perhaps she knows something i don't." or she just hated the idea of anyone but her benefitting when she decided to lift a finger.
[break]
[break]
"arceus, i hope she never becomes champion." a long, dragging sigh escapes derek's lips as his figure dissapears into the mist, should penny not follow quickly enough. "...that would be the day." the day he finally considered changing sides. "but i'll be around if you need anything. just get ahold of me and i'll be on my way! life's not as busy now that i'm no longer a gym leader." rangers had it easy... most of the time.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-beldum color-shiny"]

[newclass=".derek1"]--accent:#80828B; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/15/dd/SXHfA7UF_o.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote b, .derek1 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .derek1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .derek1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 20px 20px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 20px 20px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! CODED BY MAD, PARTIAL CREDIT TO MILKY FOR CODE REFERENCED AND FONT STYLE <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 1:53:13 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Penelope wore her appreciation for the swift change in subjects boldly. There was no hiding the reality of her situation: for as much as she now held feelings for , she still very much missed what she once held with . It wasn't perfect, but for her, for that short period of time, it was everything.
[break][break]

There was no turning back time, though.
[break][break]

All she could do was make peace with what was and what will be.
[break][break]

"Is that right?"
[break][break]

Habits of politics came trickling in, as with this tricky subject, she opted for neutrality. Neither supporting nor contradicting what was obviously a sore topic. Instead, she focused on what she could say without consequences. All while following the man of silver into the rolling mist.
[break][break]

"Yeah, I heard about that. A real shame," she frowned, eyes tethered forward. There was no knowing when the next interruption may arrive. "What are you going to do now?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 2:23:43 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
"well, i figured i'd go back to being a ranger."
[break]
[break]
that's how derek had gotten himself into this whole mess. the incident regarding registeel, and his unpleasant encounters with katherine. "it'll give me more down time to look into some things... and spend more time with my friends." he turns back to penelope for a brief moment, although stops dead in his tracks before hurling himself back into her.
[break]
[break]
the raging fist of a rogue golurk misses it's chance to seize derek within it's grip. the ranger secures a pokeball in hand, releasing it to reveal a shadow-ified steelix that meets or exceeds the enemy's every measurement. animosity, most of all.
[break]
[break]
"fuck!" the shock is there, but derek cannot linger within it. it's not just him, but penelope as well he is looking out for. "shadow rave!"
[break]
[break]
a violent thrust of it's tail impales the earth, causing ripples of darkness to protrude from the earth like stalagmites, threatening to puncture the armor of the giant golurk already.
[break]
[break]
only they don't, and derek looks to his present company for help as the golurk engages the steelix in an all out brawl.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-steelix"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 6:39:47 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Just before she could respond, the ranger took action for her. Their bodies collided, sending the duo toppling backward as a golurk's arm swung overhead.
[break][break]

While his hand reached for his steelix's ball, Penelope's reached for her Mr Rime's. The only pokemon she trusted in the heat of a surprise attack.
[break][break]

Penelope wasn't the same as she was before. She didn't need to wait on another's command or assumed assistance from those around her. Now, thanks to and others, she held at least some semblance of strength within herself.
[break][break]

"Icicle Spear!"
[break][break]

Without even glancing back at Derek, Penelope had released her first lash of commands, evoking a singular pick of ice straight at the vulnerable titan.
[break][break]

The monster of metal groaned at the effective move, and its joints begin to grow sluggish with movement.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 7:38:33 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
having weathered enough battles with pokemon of such enormous stature, derek does not hesitate to add another to the field. and this grimmsnarl needs no instruction, delivering a brutal sucker punch upon their enemy.
[break]
[break]
slowed, and now stammering, derek is glad to see the towering figure of the golurk collapse onto the ground. they're able to catch their breath and continue on their way. "whew..."
[break]
[break]
that was the closest a pokemon had gotten to him in a while. with the dense fog, it made it hard to avoid such a thing. "looks like you've made some progress with your training." derek's remark is directed towards penny, regarding her mr. rime. though it was still a silly looking pokemon...
[break]
[break]
"but man, i didn't know there were giant pokemon out here." he'd seen in during the events of the darkest day, so maybe it shouldn't be much of a surprise. but derek didn't think this place was giving off the same energies. maybe there really was a lot more for him to figure out about this place.
[break]
[break]
"did you know?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-grimmsnarl"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 4:10:55 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"I have," she offered a faint smile, memories crawling back to and their time spent training together. For all that he was, he was, at the very least, a good teacher. Tough, but fair.
[break][break]

Penny stretched her arms over her head, sighing.
[break][break]

"Yeah. I've spent a few days exploring this place - dangers as hell, in more ways than one."
[break][break]

Something she had learned the hard way.
[break][break]

"Is this your first time here?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 15:49:17 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
weird how their roles have changed. that penny treks into dangerous new territories, while derek still seems shocked about giant pokemon. it wasn't his first time dealing with either.
[break]
[break]
"no... but i kinda freak out like it is, huh?" he can't hold back the nervous laughter. there's no real reason to.
[break]
[break]
"so, uhm. what else have you encountered out here?" in the border, or elsewhere. anything that might help derek during a future visit. "anything worse than that thing?" meaning the giant golurk, of course.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 6:02:43 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"You could say that," she shook her head.
[break][break]

Between the whirl of spirits and bite of malicious intent, there was no sanctuary in the home of the undead.
[break][break]

Hands shoving into her pockets, she began directing their trek forward, closer toward the inn she'd once explored with another partner.
[break][break]

"There are a lot of malicious spirits around here - some worse than others. The worst one I've seen almost killed me."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 16:32:09 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
wondering if there were any reason not to speak more on the matter, derek decides to prod the councilwoman about it.
[break]
[break]
"what was the most dangerous one?" if just the two of them managed to fell a giant golurk with a pokemon each, surely it must have been quite the pokemon.
[break]
[break]
"was it one of those marshadow i've heard about?"

[break][break]