TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
the outpost [m]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 1:14:23 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
"so what've you been up to since last time?" last time referring to their mission concerning the wild primape. or perhaps it was their trip underground to find that mural. derek was honestly starting to lose track of the days at this point.
[break]
[break]
"nothing bad, i hope."
[break]
[break]
anna didn't seem like she got into much trouble, but he did notice she was no longer head ranger. maybe she'd done something to warrant the demotion? he doubted it, of course.
[break]
[break]
as the two of them worked their way through the fog, derek's beldum would illuminate the area, acting as a spotlight of sorts in the hopes that they could find a nice spot to set up camp. derek, as well as any of the other rangers including anna would surely be able to put it to good use out here.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-beldum color-shiny"]

[newclass=".derek1"]--accent:#80828B; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/15/dd/SXHfA7UF_o.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote b, .derek1 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .derek1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .derek1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 20px 20px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 20px 20px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! CODED BY MAD, PARTIAL CREDIT TO MILKY FOR CODE REFERENCED AND FONT STYLE <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
the outpost [m]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 6:33:58 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
[attr="class","annalluck"]
[attr="class","annalpostbody"]
"last time?" [break][break]annalise echoes, raising an eyebrow. she hadn't seen since mt. pyre. she turns her face away and lets out a thoughtful hum. [break][break]
"i dunno! i started up a new semester of school, got an internship with this really cool ecologist, and, um, stepped back on the whole head ranger thing."
[break][break]
her meowstic walks between them, using her keen eye ability to detect any unwelcome spirits hiding in the fog.
[break][break]
"what about you?" [break][break]she looks back at him, an amused smile on her face. [break][break]"you're a ranger now, right? i knew you'd, like, come around eventually."
[break][break]

[attr="class","annalooc"] + hehe [break]

[attr="class","annalaccent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bookmark"]

[attr="class","annallyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","annalswarmbottom"]
[attr="class","annalpkmnbar"]

[newclass=".annal"]--accent:#d4a53c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .annalluck .annalpostbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .annalluck .annalpostbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .annalluck .annalpostbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .annalluck .annallyrics span {transition:1s all;} .annalluck:hover .annallyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annalaccent"]font-size:90px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px; } .annalluck .annalaccent img { height:90px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody .annalooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
the outpost [m]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 20:32:15 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
"wow, that's... a lot. at least one of has been busy, i guess." and better anna than him. though perhaps stepping down from head ranger was because of how busy she was with the other facets of her life.
[break]
[break]
"but what's that supposed to mean? you didn't think i'd cut it as a gym leader?" or that he'd be able to take it a step further. she wouldn't be the first to doubt him.
[break]
[break]
as they near the base of a steep cliff, derek comes to recognize it as part of the mountain in the north. a decent place to set up camp, but he steers southbound instead. a camp shouldn't be so close to one of the seals. not to mention that meant it was much too far from the others. they'd be better of closer to the center of this place.
[break]
[break]
"why's it matter, though? you looking forward to seeing more of me or something?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".derek1"]--accent:#80828B; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/15/dd/SXHfA7UF_o.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote b, .derek1 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .derek1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .derek1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 20px 20px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 20px 20px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! CODED BY MAD, PARTIAL CREDIT TO MILKY FOR CODE REFERENCED AND FONT STYLE <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
the outpost [m]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 9:02:23 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
"what? no!"[break][break]
annalise looks genuinely taken aback by 's accusation. she knows plenty of people within her line of work that balance other duties — gym leaders included.
[break][break]
"i was just kidding around!"
[break][break]
she wonders, privately, if his departure from the gym circuit is a sore spot. the thought rolls around in her head as they traverse the border. she's seen this place, once, as the meteor was coming down, but this is her first time actually entering it. derek seems more comfortable getting around here, so she follows his lead without question when he turns southward.
[break][break]
the conversation comes back around. she laughs.
[break][break]
"of course i do! i love having my friends as coworkers and i, like, love that i can share my passion for pokemon with other people."
[break][break]
she smiles at him.
[break][break]
"and that's why it matters. i know you were, like, a ranger before and i'm super happy you found your spark for it again."
[break][break]

@

[newclass=".annalluck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .annalluck .annalpostbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .annalluck .annalpostbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .annalluck .annalpostbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .annalluck .annallyrics span {transition:1s all;} .annalluck:hover .annallyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annalaccent"]font-size:90px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px; } .annalluck .annalaccent img { height:90px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody .annalooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
the outpost [m]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 9:29:43 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
"hmm." derek isn't sure what to think. and while he's liberated from all those bothersome gym challenges, it still feels... well, it feels wrong. petalburg was his city. and it always would be. at least until he was gone, anyway.
[break]
[break]
and this skepticism persists as anna continues, mulling over her thoughts on the matter as they moved along. a spark, huh? if only that were the case.
[break]
[break]
"actually, i mostly came back to being a ranger to keep an ear to the league's side of things." while it was true that derek enjoyed the work, it wasn't really a goal, or anything to strive towards. he was just collecting a paycheck while making sure to have a positive impact on the region.
[break]
[break]
a very generic, easy to accomplish impact.
[break]
[break]
"i just as easily could've enlisted as an officer. but since this is how i encountered registeel, well... it made the decision that much easier."
[break]
[break]
getting to the bottom of that incident was the only spark still present up until this moment. that, and earning more badges and rep as a top knotch trainer of hoenn. but those were simply a means to gauging his progress. his limits.
[break]
[break]
"even though it was nice while it lasted, i can't exactly just take a backseat anymore. there's too much going on right now. too many people i don't trust." who knew if he ever would.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
the outpost [m]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 4:34:57 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
annalise nods, agreeable with his goal. while his work with the rangers may not be driven by passion like she'd hoped, she still believes he'll work hard as a means to an end. she remembers him looking for general clues back in the desert, but now she knows which one he's actually looking for: registeel. [break][break]
she gives him a passing once-over. it would def match his aesthetic, she observes.
[break][break]
"yeah, i feel that." annalise still feels the sting of recent betrayals, so 's open mistrust resonates with her. that, and the feeling that he can't sit passively anymore. "i don't think anyone can really take a backseat anymore, y'know? this world is just sooo messed up right now."[break][break]
the rifts. kyurem. drk triad. being here and now in the border with derek just feels like the moments before the other shoe finally drops. the thought stirs anxiety in her chest, so she pivots to a different subject.
[break][break]
"what are you gonna do?" she starts, blinking up at him. "like, once you get registeel?"
[break][break]
chasing a legendary and seeking avatarship feels like such a lofty goal. the more she learns about it all, the more curious she is about what peoples' plans look like once they reach the summit.
[break][break]

@

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
the outpost [m]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 19:33:21 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
"it is." that much was certain.
[break]
[break]
"you mean once i find it?" yes, he regards registeel as an it. and much more, but derek doesn't afford either of them the time to go down the long list of things...
[break]
[break]
as for what he wanted? the words were there, but speaking them aloud was... well, it felt foolish. like a kid saying outlandish things to vy for attention. to feel special.
[break]
[break]
"i'm just trying to make sure it can't go rogue like that again. ever." at least in his lifetime. many rangers were caught up in the events of that day. few had gotten to the bottom of what was truly going on. even he was only scratching past the surface.
[break]
[break]
but whether that meant somehow incarcerating registeel, killing it if possible, or even more unlikely... becoming it's avatar? something had to be done. but he had a feeling that wouldn't take place until registeel finally did make it's next move.
[break]
[break]
"i've encountered it twice now. so if the third time really is the charm, as they say..." then maybe derek finally would be able to put a stop to it. but that was just one of them. there were many legendary regi. part of derek wondered if he should be looking into them or not.
[break]
[break]
"maybe i'll finally get somewhere on that end." until then it was a matter of training. he was much too weak to take on registeel alone, but also too mistrusting of the others interested to expect their help with the matter. and there were other problems the league was dealing with, or would be soon enough.
[break]
[break]
"anyway, this place looks as good as any." liberating a few of his pokemon from their respective devices, derek's little pokemon construction team quickly begin to fortify and set up something resembling a camp for any future stays in this place. "by the way, how many times have you been here... in the border, i mean? or any of the other places the portals lead to, for that matter." was anna getting ahead of him yet?

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-machamp"]

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
the outpost [m]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 9:24:19 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
leaves his plans for keeping registeel from going rogue up to her imagination. still, she nods again, accepting his end goal at face value. [break][break]"the region does need less crazy legendaries running around. i hope everything works out for you and, like, if you need any help, let me know!"[break][break]
the conversation lapses into comfortable silence, allowing annalise some time to drink in the scenery of this strange world. her mind wanders, but derek gratefully derails her train of thought just as she begins to linger on that fact that this is, supposedly, unsettlingly, the land of the dead.
[break][break]
"agreed!" she chirps, giving him a smile. with a lazy toss of one of her poke balls, her hisuian lilligant appears. the fighting-type had done wonders with her and 's construction work, so she hopes derek can find some use for her, too. annalise folds her arms against her chest as the pokemon mill about in the stretch of land in front of them, supervising.
[break][break]
"mm?" she turns her head to regard derek. "i've actually never been in here before. and, like, honestly? this place has given me the creeps ever since the mt. pyre fight."
[break][break]
she shrugs.
[break][break]
"i've been through, like, that portal in the desert, but that's it. i'm more interested in seeing these portals get closed up than exploring them, to be honest."
[break][break]
she doesn't judge anyone for being adventurous though, at least not anymore, which is why she gives derek another, more curious glance. "what about you?"
[break][break]
[attr="class","annalooc"] + hehe[break]

@

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
the outpost [m]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 23:47:44 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
"i should've known you'd sound like such a girl about it." a verbal jab, and derek is quick to follow up.
[break]
[break]
"i mean, come on! we're rangers! this is about as good as it gets." exploring new terrain and making sure it was habitable. preserving what natural sites and species they could well afford to. "i get that this one might be a little creepy, but would you really rather be navigating the same routes every day?!" well, maybe it suited annalise. but not him. definitely not him.
[break]
[break]
"pokemon, and even people have come back to life since we cracked this place open." admittedly, that might not be a good thing. but, for now... derek considered it a plus! people like alexander stone were back. he would've preferred bailey cooper... but still!
[break]
[break]
"i dunno. sometimes you gotta enjoy the flowers, even if they're not your favorite. y'know?" probably a terrible analogy that she'd laugh at. or was it more a metaphor? derek couldn't be hassled to know which was which. "all i'm saying is you should make the most of being an actual ranger again." especially now that she was back in the field, releived of the desks that head rangers were normally chained to.
[break]
[break]
"otherwise, well... it seems like a waste."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
the outpost [m]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2023 1:35:57 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
annalise looks at him again, but this time she's leveling him with a "what did you just say?" glare in those damning seconds of silence between his jab and his follow-up. arguing with her friend in an alien realm sounds like an awful way to spend her day, but she would have sunken her teeth into it if he had left his statement to stand on its own.
[break][break]
"ummm, yes," she says, not unkindly. "i would rather patrol the same routes every day!"
[break][break]
she shakes her head softly.
[break][break]
"derek, have you seen the silent icelands? the pokemon that did that did it in, like, the few minutes that it was here. these portals might be fun little ranger adventures to you, but — i dunno."
[break][break]
she frowns, brows furrowed thoughtfully.
[break][break]
"for me ... i guess i just feel like they're, like, open doors for other horrible shit to find a way into our world."
[break][break]

[attr="class","annalooc"] +

@

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
the outpost [m]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2023 2:37:14 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
"okay, okay..."
[break]
[break]
lame. understandable, especially with what anna mentioned after. but still lame.
[break]
[break]
"but avoiding something doesn't make it go away." some people ran from a fire, others to it. he thought he knew which anna was. apparently not. "though i guess it's good that you stepped down, since you feel that way." she wasn't somebody he could rely on. seemed like there was nobody, except maybe callan. or adrian... maybe.
[break]
[break]
"so why even come with me here today?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
the outpost [m]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2023 3:21:00 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
"the only thing i'm trying to avoid is another extinction event since we have enough of those, like, every couple of months!"
[break][break]
has always been horribly, gratingly stubborn? or is the oppressive emptiness of this place making his audacity sound that much louder? she turns to him fully this time, uncrossing her arms and letting her fists ball at her sides. there's an implication in his words that she doesn't like, but the sting of hurt feels so terribly insignificant against the knot of hatred forming in her chest. [break][break]
looking at him now, she can't remember why she agreed to come with him. she can't remember why she ever agreed to do anything with him.
[break][break]
"do you have a problem with me or something, derek?"
[break][break]
the accusation is biting.[break][break]
"because you're being really fucking passive aggressive about me and my job when i'm pretty sure you're the one that got fired from yours. maybe you should worry about that first."
[break][break]
she doesn't care if it's true. she wants it to hurt.
[break][break]

[attr="class","annalooc"] + its time 😤

@

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
the outpost [m]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2023 3:36:14 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
"that would be fine and all, but looking the other direction doesn't mean something isn't taking place." she might avoid having to witness it with her own eyes, but if it was going to happen? then it would. simple as that.
[break]
[break]
their whole purpose in these places was to find another piece of loot, another anomaly, anything that the league could use to claw it's way back out of the hole. anna seemed to be content with the hole. maybe even digging it deeper, hoping that it may fortify.
[break]
[break]
speaking of digging holes... "wow, really?" a low blow for someone who was in no better a situation. well, in her eyes, she was at least one step above. but she was wrong.
[break]
[break]
"what do you think i'm doing here? my time as a ranger was wayyy more helpful to the region AND the league compared to as a gym leader." and most importantly it was more helpful to him this way. but for the sake of the argument, best leave that out.
[break]
[break]
"i'm just wondering why you'd come to this place, when you seem so against anything to do with it." to do with helping the region. something larger than herding wild pokemon. those moments were what he liked to consider a vacation. such was life in hoenn. " you could've just stayed home."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
the outpost [m]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 6:54:10 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
her hatred becomes a flame with nothing to feed on, flickering lowly in her chest as he smothers it with reason. annalise should feel bad for snapping at him, for digging her fingers into a fresh wound, but —[break][break] she really doesn't.
[break][break]
"it's like you said." she crosses her arms again, guarded. "we can't just sit at home anymore. i don't want to be here, but if the league asks me to come — if you ask me to come, i'm not going to say no."[break][break]
it's a whisper of their friendship somewhere beneath the negative emotions swelling up around her.
[break][break]

[attr="class","annalooc"] + [break]

@

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
the outpost [m]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 0:34:14 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
"why?" part of him wanted to understand. or already understood. but still, he found himself asking. if she felt staying at home and tending to her usual duties as a ranger was enough, then it was enough.
[break]
[break]
"you don't owe me anything." they might have been friends, but derek would not consider them so close. hell... he wasn't really that close with anyone. callan was someone he used to get drinks with, but their new station kept him pretty wrapped up. and derek's pseudo failure up on mt. pyre probably didn't earn him any favor.
[break]
[break]
as for anna, they were co-workers who happened to get along. they never hung out together, outside of work. maybe that was due to his own busy schedule as a gym leader, but even now, what they were doing here? it was work. very casual in nature, but work nonetheless.
[break]
[break]
he hadn't taken note of it, but it seemed that infectious bitterness had begun seeping it's way back in. driving him to resent that she weren't more like, well... him. instead her attitude drained him of the belief that they could make a difference. few would invite that upon themselves.
[break]
[break]
"why don't you just go home already?" it suited him better, now that there was very little to talk about that didn't reiterate on what was said already. all she did was drag him down... to her level, probably.

[break][break]