he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Ranger Review: Orion
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 0:55:10 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzbqimg"]

[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","setting"]

It has been a long day, and Razz has still only gone through a fraction of everyone he had to do. With around 250 Rangers in Slateport alone the young Head Ranger felt he needed to make sure it was safe. He didn't need undercover Rocket agents, nor would he allow those who would gladly take bribes to bend the rules in other's favor. Truth was what was going to be cleansing this base to make sure the Slateport was the securest Ranger Base within Hoenn. [break][break]

With this interview finishing early Razz is able to make up time from some problematic Rangers from before so he was able to keep his schedule with on time. Admittedly a small knot in his stomach at the idea of having to deal with the older Ranger as they got along as well as peanut butter and glue. The other ranger that left would tell Orion that the new Head Ranger was ready for him in the office Razz has taken up for his own while it seems he was trying to juggle a million things. Surprisingly enough despite all the chaos and new paperwork the young man has gotten the office still looked fairly organized. Though with the way that Salem was stacking some papers on the coffee table it was probably clear who was responsible for the neatness. [break][break]

Razz looks up and gives a nod to Orion to acknowledge that he sees the other there as the Litwick on his desk would wave the older Ranger in with a welcoming smile. Orion, being the ghost expert he was, probably being easily able to tell the odd color in the Litwick's flame, "Please take a seat when you can Lykos, and I thank you for sparing the time."[break][break]

If a forced meeting with every Ranger in Slateport could count as sparing sure...

[break][break]
[attr="class","oocnotes"]

[break]
[break]+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.razzbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#387bc9; --bgimg:url(https://imgur.com/XleOo7A.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg a]color:de4354;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:center;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .header]text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 1:01:25 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtol"]
[attr="class","main"]

Sensitive psychic-types such as Salem would doubtless feel the anger and anxiety pouring off Orion in waves as he steps inside the office that had once belonged to Tam. The Absol who pads faithfully at his side can feel it, too, pressing his weight against the Ranger's calf in a futile attempt to soothe him.[break][break]

Orion does not like .[break][break]

Razz knows full well that Orion doesn't like him.[break][break]

And now, this guy was supposed to be his boss? Was supposed to somehow replace Tam, who'd taken a chance on him when no one else would fucking bother? Yeah, right.[break][break]

Though he does his best to moderate his expression, the hints of a scowl seep through as he sits down.[break][break]

"I wasn't given a choice," he grits out. "Sir."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtol] --accent: #bf5475; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 1:47:45 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","setting"]

"Right... sorry about that..." there is a slight burn in his mouth as apparently he wasn't as sorry as he thought he was. The younger man biting his togue in some annoyance as he thinks to himself that what he was doing was important. So maybe that was why. He doesn't tell the other to drop the 'sir' because while it makes him uncomfortable to be called it, he knows he wouldn't stop if asked by someone higher than him. [break][break]

Salem seems to wave at him from behind Orion, seeming to try to get the younger ranger to try and tease the tension before going right into things. He could do that! Maybe... "Look I know change is hard, but its something we all have to adapt to right? I'm sure moving from Fortree to here was something you adapted to right...?" he mentions as he is looking more at the file then Orion himself.

[break][break]

[break]
[break]+

[newclass=.razzbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#387bc9; --bgimg:url(https://imgur.com/XleOo7A.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:center;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 1:58:39 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtol"]
[attr="class","main"]

It's clear from Orion's expression that he doesn't believe the apology, but the Ranger bites his tongue against retort. That was the sort of behaviour that had gotten him fired from Fortree.[break][break]

Which, of course, this jackass was quick to bring up.[break][break]

His nostrils flare with a sharp intake of breath, the Absol seated next to him grumbling softly as if to admonish his trainer for letting his emotions get the better of him. Orion ignores him.
[break][break]
"I left Fortree because I was fired."[break][break]

It had been one of the worst events in his life, excepting when Rocket had cut his fucking arm off.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtol] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 2:15:18 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","setting"]

"Exactly, change," Razz simply repeats seemingly oblivious to the other's apparent anger as he already knows the older man doesn't like him. Both Salem and Alabaster give a facepalm at how blind their trainer was. He doesn't see it as a sore spot right out for the other, and it wasn't like the younger man wasn't going through his own set of one hundred and one changes. Each time Razz forcing himself to adapt he he was hoping the other would see they possibly had that in common? [break][break]

"Like everyone before you I have a couple of questions I need answered honestly, and while I have little to no doubt every answer will be 'no' I do not want to show favoritism," not that Orion was his favorite but he didn't need rumors going about. [break][break]

"Answers must only be 'yes' or 'no' any attempt to answer differently will be assumed as a 'yes'" Razz list his rules for the test he was going to be giving, "Any yes' to these questions will not be met with hostility right away as I will hear you're side out first, but do know that your lies will not get pass me."[break][break]

Razz leans back in the chair as he tilts his head at the other, "Are you ready to proceed?"

[break][break]

[break]
[break]+

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 2:39:06 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtol"]
[attr="class","main"]

Orion grits his teeth hard enough to hurt.[break][break]

His eyes narrow at the qualifier. So was already going into this assuming he was going to lie to him? Fantastic.[break][break]

He grips the chair with white knuckles and a metal hand that warps the material beneath its force.[break][break]

He breathes in sharp and bites his tongue.[break][break]

I can put in a request for transfer as soon as this bullshit is over. It's the only thing that stops him from snapping. He'd been miserable when the Rangers had fired him. He didn't want to go through all of that again.[break][break]

Altair whines softly and lays his head in Orion's lap.[break][break]

"Yes."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 2:50:42 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","setting"]

He notes the flicker in Alabaster's flame but doesn't count it. There was a difference between a real lie and just some mental unsteadiness. Was he possibly being too harsh? Razz's one red eye looks past Orion to look at Salem who was crossing his arms to make it clear he wasn't handling this well. He sighs as he'll try to think of a way to re-strategize after his primary question. "Again I want to be clear I expect you to pass, this is just formality," he'll try at least to hopefully get the other to see that he wasn't trying anything bad. [break][break]

"First, Have you ever willingly worked with Team Rocket? [break]
Have you ever been a willing member for Team Rocket?[break]
Have you ever taken a bribe to look away from a crime?"
[break][break]

After each question Razz would take the other's answers as notes. Each question would allow a pause for the simple 'yes or no' he asked for.

[break][break]

[break]
[break]+

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 3:01:12 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtol"]
[attr="class","main"]

Orion immediately forgets formality as soon as Rocket is brought up.[break][break]

"Seriously?"[break][break]

Razz seriously had the gall to ask him if he'd ever worked for Team Rocket? The guy they'd captured and tortured and fucking mutilated?[break][break]

Altair lightly grazes his teeth against Orion's hand, both as a warning to rein in his escalating emotions and as a reminder that there were rules to this questioning. He presses his lips thin, sighs.[break][break]

"Right. Ask me again."[break][break]

"Have you ever willingly worked with Team Rocket?"[break][break]

"No."[break][break]

"Have you ever been a willing member for Team Rocket?"[break][break]

"No."[break][break]

"Have you ever taken a bribe to look away from a crime?"[break][break]

This one is a little less obvious of an answer, but still gets a firm response of, "No."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 3:22:23 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","setting"]

"Seriously?"
[BREAK]

"You're not the first, nor will you be the last I ask these questions to," for the time being he won't disclose the fact that there were a couple who have failed this test. So he asked again when asked. [Break][break]

And as expected Orion passes like he knew the other would, but there were still things he had to go over. "Thank you very much for your honesty, and while info have one more thing to go over do you have any questions or concerns you'd like to ask me?" he decides to open the floor to the other, see if it didn't help the other feel better now knowing he had passed.

[break][break]

[break]
[break]+

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 3:25:59 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtol"]
[attr="class","main"]

"You know most Rockets won't admit their crimes, right?"[break][break]

This whole process seemed silly to him, but then Orion didn't know that Razz could supernaturally detect deception. To him, it seems as silly as being questioned about terrorism at an airport.[break][break]

When asked about questions or concerns, he immediately cuts to the heart of the matter.[break][break]

"Yeah. I want to be transferred out of Slateport."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 3:38:28 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","setting"]

"You'll find that lying here to be impossible at the moment, cause I am a magic pink Bulbasaur from Universe 2 that eats liars," he gives his sample and while normally it wouldn't change Razz does manually turn Alabaster's flame go from red to blue at the obvious lie. And gestured for Orion to do the same if he so wanted to try.[break][break]

Though as seriously as he spoke that sentence his expression finally changes to one of shock at the request. "Transfer? Why?" it's clear the younger ranger doesn't understand the reason for the request.

[break][break]

[break]
[break]+

[newclass=.razzbqimg .header]text-align:right;[/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 4:46:34 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtol"]
[attr="class","main"]

The look Razz receives from Orion is unimpressed and withering, though he does note the way the flame changes colours.[break][break]

As a ghost-type expert, he says with confidence, "Litwick can't do that."[break][break]

His starter Pokémon had been a Litwick.[break][break]

Was it simply a lucky guess on the Head Ranger's part, or was something else going on here? He squints suspiciously, trying to think up a lie that Razz can't verify by simply looking at his file. He's been a Ranger for so long, that feels impossible.[break][break]

He fidgets in evident discomfort.[break][break]

"They didn't cut my arm off, really." A pause. "They forced my Pokémon to do their dirty work."[break][break]

That much was true, but, "It was Altair that did it."[break][break]

That was a lie.[break][break]

He doesn't answer the question about the transfer yet.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 5:01:12 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","setting"]

"You're right they can't, but the flame this one currently has is special," Razz admits not mentioning that the flame it had was currently part of his Truth Terrain Razz had around the office. That bomb was for another time.
[Break][break]

As it seems the other wants to try it out, he is surprised by what the other decides to lie about. The flames changing when Orion mentions that the culprit was his Absol. [Break][break]

"I'm very sorry, it's not hard to imagine the cruelty in which Rocket sinks too and it's part of why I'm doing these questions, and as you saw for yourself those undercover won't hide from me"

[break][break]

[break]
[break]+

[newclass=.razzbqimg .header]text-align:right;[/newclass][/quote]
[/quote]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 7:10:38 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtol"]
[attr="class","main"]

Though his doubts about the flame remain, it does seem to work as intended.[break][break]

He sighs.[break][break]

"It was my Silvally, actually."[break][break]

Truth.[break][break]

Metal fingers flex, finally releasing their grip on the now-warped chair. Oops.[break][break]

He doubles back now to the question he'd been posed before: why did he want to transfer out of Slateport?[break][break]

"I don't want to lose my job again." That much was true, said with great discomfort. "I don't know if I'll be a good fit for Slateport. Going forward."[break][break]

While not strictly untrue, this was not the whole truth. It wasn't Slateport that was the problem: it was Razz himself.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 7:36:08 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","setting"]

Ah the pokemon that started their little quarrel when the two first met and Razz was still adjusting from pokemon being mere items. [break][break]

He feels the flicker in the flames as it detected no absolution in the other's words. Razz doesn't think he'll ever be able to interpret the half truths well enough but he knows that he rather have the other not leave. "Look a lot of changes are going on right now, my being instructed to base here, my coming and help lead things is but the tip of the iceberg. [break][break]

And you may not think yourself a good fit, but all the notes in your file say otherwise,"
he'll tap them for emphasis, "Enough so that I'd like to reinstate your status to Elite should you stay... and if you want it again"

[break][break]

[break]
[break]+