cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
eat your young
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 5:15:56 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Two weeks. Literally fourteen days.[break][break]

She fumes, all the way from Evergrande and up along Route 121. He couldn’t wait until she was officially in position to get himself placed under house arrest? First, she commutes all the way out there, only to be told he will not be at HQ until an undisclosed time. Then she has to make her way out to the sticks just to talk to Matias to figure out what the hell happened.[break][break]

One day in and her patience is already tapped out.[break][break]

Calla knows full well that the world doesn’t actually revolve around her, but right then it does. Because what cruel fate decided it was apt to make her job tenfold more difficult from the onset.[break][break]

“Matias Silph, open up!”[break][break]

Thunk thunk thunk[break][break]

Small fist balled up tight, she bangs on the door to the ranch with little care for serene politeness. Five feet of agitated energy like a coiled spring.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-vulpix form-alola"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#A0E0D9;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,096 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
eat your young
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 8:21:23 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

it takes him longer than it should have to get up from his couch to make the arduous walk over to open his door. it's only because he recognizes her voice that pierces deep into his mind like an insistent ringing that will not fade.[break][break]

the door opens.[break][break]

"you know there's a bell, right? most houses come with one now."[break][break]

he points to the little button off to the side.[break][break]

"what do you want, calla roth?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
eat your young
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 5:10:02 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

The longer it takes him, the more she smacks on the door, alternating between her fist and the flat of her palm.[break][break]

Her eyes follow his gesture to the button, then back to him.[break][break]

She shrugs, thin smile pulling taut. “I saw it. Don’t care.”[break][break]

Expression souring again, Calla’s eyes narrow as her hands ball up at her fists.[break][break]

“What do you think I’m here for? You could have, oh, I dunno…allowed me the time to go through the HR orientation before you upped the difficulty?

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,096 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
eat your young
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 8:13:08 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

his eyes widen in feigned surprised. shock, even, that his (assistant) pr manager would dare accuse him of such a thing.[break][break]

"you think i chose this, calla? do you really think i want to be under fucking house arrest?"[break][break]

his ankle slams into the side of the door, bringing attention down to the device strapped around him.[break][break]

"it wasn't my fault this time."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
eat your young
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 2:12:51 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

He’s being snide–she’s not stupid. She can pick up the feigned edge in his expression, and she doesn’t let it deter her.[break][break]

Her nose wrinkles. She mimics his words back in a childish pitch, “You think I chose this Calla?” Then her expression and tone flatten out. “Please. Spare me the semantics, Matias. It doesn’t change the fact that you are.[break][break]

And now her job is about ten times harder than it was already shaping out to be.[break][break]

Her attention drifts down to the ankle monitor, arms folded as she dryly replies, “Maybe don’t break that trying to prove a point and get pity.”[break][break]

Calla sighs, gaze lifting to stare up at him again. She detests being as short as she is in moments like this one. “Oh? If not yours, then whose?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,096 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
eat your young
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 9:58:05 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"tch."[break][break]

if he had anyone else he could find to replace her, he'd fire her on the spot, but his worsening reputation has made it incredibly difficult to find anyone who wants to work for him.[break][break]

so, he's stuck with her.[break][break]

"oh, i've tried."[break][break]

but they'd just replace it anyway, so what's the point?[break][break]

he ignores her last question as he turns around, walking back to the living room.[break][break]

"come in if you want."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
eat your young
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 0:59:35 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

What she would really like to do is continue to tell him off. But given that this is her job now, and her first official day at that, she’d rather not get canned right off the bat. So she reluctantly bites her tongue.[break][break]

She rolls her eyes, arms folding as she lets out an impatient huff. “Maybe you shouldn’t test it in the first place. That’s the point. How long do you have to wear it?” There’s probably no good way to spin it being on his ankle in the first place.[break][break]

Right about now, she’s regretting her departure from Akura.[break][break]

“Alright.” That was the point of her coming. She didn’t march to his ranch just to be turned away at the door. Following Matias inside, she pulls the door shut. With a deep inhale, Calla forces away her irritation. “We’ve got our work cut out for us, then. What happened, Matias?”[break][break]

There, see? She was trying to be a little more understanding.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,096 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
eat your young
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 11:43:03 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"one month."[break][break]

four weeks. twenty-eight days. six-hundred-seventy-two hours. it both sounds and feels longer with every passing moment.[break][break]

"do you want the truth or what was said on the report?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
eat your young
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 22:14:47 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

“You’re going to be climbing the walls.” Good, though. Better than running amok and potentially making things worse off.[break][break]

Her eyes flutter shut and she lets out a short exhale. Willing herself to not short circuit and lose her temper again.[break][break]

She’s better than this. She is. She can prove that.[break][break]

“The truth. Forget the report.”[break][break]

When Calla looks at him again, it’s a degree less heated. “It’s like I said in your office. If there isn’t honesty with your team, it’s a whole lot more complicated to present something feasible.”[break][break]

A pause, then– “I am on your side, Matias.” She’s just not there to be sugary sweet about it.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,096 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
eat your young
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 8:44:35 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"alright. the truth."[break][break]

because he's not sure how much longer he can do this without anyone on his side.[break][break]

after a sigh, he starts, sharing the truth while breaking yet another promise to . she must be used to it by now.[break][break]

"rayquaza showed up to help eva because it thought she was in distress when in reality all that happened was that we broke up. groudon got defensive, and so it challenged rayquaza, the result of which you might have seen on your way here."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
eat your young
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 20:55:20 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

She had seen the damage done to the landscape surrounding his home. Had wondered at it curiously before shrugging it off in her irritation.[break][break]

“That’s all?” she asks, brows knitting together as she watches him. There’s something scrutinizing there in the violet of her eyes, but it’s more studious than critical. As someone unattached, the fact of his separation from Eva doesn’t strike her with any sort of feeling apart from the fact that it is simply unfortunate.[break][break]

Perhaps that impartiality is for the better—allow him the opportunity to not be crowded by everything surrounding the situation.[break][break]

“There are no other reasons stemming from this? Why the big cover story then? If it was just…conflict.” The legendary Pokémon who have made themselves known to the region, who have attached themselves to people are a cut above.[break][break]

In her mind, as little as she enjoys the concept, it’s an unavoidable truth that they are largely not to be controlled. This only seems like evidence of it.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,096 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
eat your young
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 9:44:53 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"because admitting the truth would mean admitting that we do not have full control over these legendaries. do you think that would sit well with people when they're already wary of us? i've seen some comments calling us the plague."[break][break]

but that's the truth of it, really—that they are being controlled rather than being in control.[break][break]

"plus, i didn't want to put more of a spotlight on eva. she's going through enough."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
eat your young
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 20:30:00 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Calla shrugs lightly, “I guess I can see your point, but at the same time—isn’t it a bit farcical to believe we’d ever be in position to truly control something so vastly beyond us?” It seems like an impractical angle to propagandize, so maybe the question becomes—[break][break]

“Doesn't that just mean you’re fighting an uphill battle?” Or maybe a losing one. She huffs, though at his addition.[break][break]

“It’s a nice sentiment, but I’m not Eva’s PR rep, I’m yours, and I think you should be looking out for your own interests instead of playing protector.” She doesn’t add the tidbit where she thinks that Eva wouldn’t be going through anything if he hadn’t already put her through it in the first place.[break][break]

Calla taps her chin idly, trying for the life of her to even figure out where to start. “I’m sure you’ve heard your fill of lectures. So I’ll spare you any more of mine. I don’t think you’re a plague like the apparent gossip mill does, but I do wish I knew your head was at.”[break][break]

“Any character repair is going to need to seem feasible—so how do you want to be portrayed?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,096 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
eat your young
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 17:03:47 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

it's a question no one has ever asked him before. it silences him into thought; the silence is only interrupted by occasional hums.[break][break]

finally, he answers.[break][break]

"i want what i do to be recognized and appreciated, not criticized and ridiculed."[break][break]

he shrugs.[break][break]

"i want them to know who it is that saved them."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
eat your young
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2023 3:33:46 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] The response is one that Calla admittedly doesn’t expect. She’s come to assume is a lot of things. Most of them no good or reprehensible.[break][break]

But would someone who is as monstrous as much of the public makes him out to be, really care about basic appreciation?[break][break]

She doesn’t think so.[break][break]

To her, it rings of the sacrifices it takes to make it to the point he stands at. To climb that high on risky chances and small odds.[break][break]

To her, it rings of what could happen if she’s not careful.[break][break]

It’s a gamble she has to take. There’s no telling if her call is the correct one—is he speaking in earnest, or is he lying through his teeth?[break][break]

“You spend so much time fighting to ‘protect.’” Her head tilts, eyes narrowing as she studies him at what could be supposed as his lowest. “Who fights for you, Matias?”[break][break]

It could be the vincating thud of a gavel dropping. It could be the metallic slice of a guillotine’s blade. Her hand extends in offering.[break][break]

“It’s what you hired me for, isn’t it?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]