part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Boomerang
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 5:26:59 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva was truly surprised when she saw ’s message. Really, she shouldn’t be under the circumstances. She up and left, only for it to surface later that she was in Kanto of all places. Given their history in the region together and the heated discussions over her recent publication, she figures he’s curious.

What Eva resents is the cruel request to meet at their old home. It made her sick to think of it, how she has to play a part and pretend it’s fine – like nothing ever happened. It isn’t until later when she does a little more digging that she realizes why: he’s on house arrest.

It stuns her at first, then it drowns her in guilt. That guilt is what drives her to accept the offer but not without caution.

Her steps are slow and tentative as she walks the familiar trail up the long dirt driveway towards the quaint home. In an attempt to delay the inevitable, she takes a small detour to wistfully watch the clear waters of the lake lap against the shore, a moment of solitude likely visible from the living room bay windows.

When she finally decides it’s time, she hesitates at the door with her hand hovering over the knob as if she is about to walk in without a second thought. A pressure grows in her throat.

Does she knock?

It’s not your home anymore, for all the growth she’s forced herself into over the last few weeks, it’s one simple thought that sends her reeling back into her depression.

She swallows, hard, and raises a fist instead to knock on the wooden door.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,461 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Boomerang
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 6:03:01 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the wooden door opens.[break][break]

"eva."[break][break]

relief floods him as he reaches out for her, pulling her into a tight embrace as though she's the only thing left in this world that could save him.[break][break]

in a way, she is.[break][break]

"i missed you."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,804 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Boomerang
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 6:13:22 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Each breath only brought more tension, it coiled through her shoulders like an Arbok ready to strike. What is she doing here? This is a mistake. Just that single thought brought her crashing back down to rock bottom. She isn’t strong enough for this.

“Wha-!”

She doesn’t expect the pull into a tight embrace, at least not so enthusiastically. When he touches her it’s like touching stone: rigid, cold, unwelcoming.

It only takes a moment in the warmth of his arms for all that to melt away. Her arms rise to return the embrace though the surprise remains, “I – uh – I missed you too,” she finally admits quietly, her voice muffled in his chest. There’s no use lying.

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,461 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Boomerang
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 6:23:11 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

he's too caught up in his own head to even notice how unwelcoming she feels. but what does it matter in the end? all he wants is another presence with him; hers just happen to be the one with the strongest pull at the moment.[break][break]

when he pulls away, a smile remains.[break][break]

"i would've come to see you but..."[break][break]

he brings his ankle to tap against his other leg, calling for attention to the device.[break][break]

"i've been under house arrest."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,804 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Boomerang
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 6:32:33 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Matias isn’t just any presence, he is the presence. The one that pulls her back time and time again. He could exile her to the other side of the sea, and she’d still reach out across it to find her way back when given the opportunity. Hopeless.

“Yeah . . .” she slowly glances down, frowning at the hideous accessory, “I heard,” guilt churns in her stomach, driving her to speak rather than stay silent, “If I had known that’s what was going to happen I-“ she would have what? “I would have said something. I would have fought for you,” she grips the small bag in her hand tighter, “I’m sorry I couldn’t,” but not sorry she left.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,461 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Boomerang
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 6:38:50 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"that's okay."[break][break]

he brushes off her apology, assigning fault with what he says next.[break][break]

"i forgive you."[break][break]

with her guilt hopefully nullified enough, he steps to the side and gestures into what used to be their home.[break][break]

"after you."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,804 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Boomerang
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 6:53:53 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Matias’s forgiveness comes as shock number two. She should have expected it because she apologized but . . . what was she apologizing for? She didn’t need or want his forgiveness because she did nothing wrong. Now she regrets bringing him a gift. Her frown remains when she glances back up at him as he gestures her into the familiar home.

This is new territory for her. She’s not quite sure what to do. She stops just past the couch, standing awkwardly between the living room and kitchen. Does she sit? But where? Does she wait for a seat to be offered? Perhaps they could just chat standing . . .

There’s not a single surface she dares to touch in fear of it triggering some sort of memory. Unfortunately, there’s too many things that have remained the same, everything an intrusive reminder of what she lost.

She holds out the bag she’s carrying rather unceremoniously for him to take. She avoids looking in his direction, trying to make the gesture as sterile as possible though the contents and the thought put into it would be a stark contrast to that. It showed she still cared, perhaps too much.

“I brought this back” For you. In the bag he’d find a rare Kantonian vodka, one they refused to export from the region, a brand that would be familiar and nostalgic.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,461 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Boomerang
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 8:10:40 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

where she hovers indecisively, he moves with conviction, having already made his way in and out of the kitchen before approaching her with two glasses and a bottle of vodka.[break][break]

speaking of...[break][break]

"you did?"[break][break]

he accepts the bag and peers in.[break][break]

"holy shit."[break][break]

the vodka he brought over is discarded somewhere in favor of the rare kantonian one. he holds the bottle up, observing it as though to make sure it was real.[break][break]

"thank you. this...means a lot."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,804 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Boomerang
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2023 5:12:50 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 He seems pleased, which does bring a long lost spark of joy to her chest. She spares a glance over at him to catch a glimpse of it for herself.

“It’s not a big deal,” she assures him, sounding casual despite the flutter of her heart, “It’s easy to smuggle things home when you don’t have to take commercial flights,” and Rayquaza is much faster.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,461 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Boomerang
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 8:03:09 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

but it is a big deal. this small gesture actually means a great deal to him because it shows that she still cares for him even if the person before him now says otherwise.[break][break]

"i didn't know they still had commercial flights there."[break][break]

he comments as he places the glasses down on the table. there's no hesitation in the way he cracks open the whiskey, pouring them a hefty amount each.[break][break]

offering her a glass, he raises his to toast.[break][break]

"to kanto."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,804 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Boomerang
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 4:24:46 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 She still cares, and she always will. There’s not a single part of her that wants to stop caring. She couldn’t even if she wanted to. He was too important, whether he chose to love her or not.

Selfless to her own detriment. It would be the death of her one day.

Her pink lips twitch into a genuine smile, “True,” she agrees, taking the offered drink.

Just one. She doesn’t trust herself with more than that.

Eva raises her glass but doesn’t repeat the toast. A tight line creases her lips before she takes a sip. Kanto is so fucked.

“So, how have you been?” she asks, glancing down at the monitor on his ankle.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,461 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Boomerang
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 4:30:31 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

how has he been?[break][break]

he glances down at the ankle monitor as well, then lifts his ankle slightly to give them a better view. no point ignoring the elephant in the room.[break][break]

"as well as one can be when locked up at home."[break][break]

after a sip, he continues.[break][break]

"not great, honestly."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,804 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Boomerang
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 4:51:02 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 It pains her to see the monitor, to know he’s been alone. Little does she know he’s had plenty of visitors, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t still feel lonely.

“I-“ the pain in her voice is palpable, “I can’t imagine,” well, actually she can. She’s felt lost and alone since the night she left this home. Even when surrounded by distractions in Kanto, her heart was back here in Hoenn with him.

Would she ever get it back?

“Yeah, same,” there’s no use in lying. She promised she never would, “Do you . . . wanna talk about it?” it’s a polite offer, an offer to speak as a friend. Friendship is what started it all. It probably isn’t a good idea to unlock that stage of their relationship again, but she can’t help but extend a hand to help him through this the best way she could.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,461 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Boomerang
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 4:58:18 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

her polite offer is considered for a moment even if he already knew what he was going to do.[break][break]

"i do."[break][break]

another sip brings him to the bottom of the glass. he sets it down before reaching for the bottle, looking to pour himself a refill.[break][break]

"do you think the league trusts me, eva?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,804 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Boomerang
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 5:17:37 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva still fails to find comfort in her old home. She remains standing awkwardly in place, the glass held firmly in one hand. She will nurse this drink, taking slow, small sips to keep herself from drifting too far into comfort.

Matias’s question is not one she expects so her brows crinkle together in contemplation, head tilting slightly in surprise. She considers it in order to answer honestly, “Yes, they do,” she decides with certainty, “You wouldn’t be part of the Elite Four if they didn’t,” the position comes with great power and responsibility. They wouldn’t give him that if they didn’t trust him, “You can be unpredictable and I think that frightens some,” but not her. She believes his unpredictability is rooted with the greater good in mind and she trusts him though she shouldn't.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing