TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
all the small things
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 19:24:44 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
petalburg woods knew many names. saw many faces. most passed through as a means to get somewhere else, while for some, it was the destination. this windy, meandering path that derek followed is like the back of his hand. he knows it like no other. and the forest, and it's inhabitants, knew him.
[break]
[break]
it provided a sense of safety to know a ranger was in the woods. children and the elderly felt they could pass freely. but when derek looks up to the path, scarfing down the last bit of hotdog in-hand, he notices someone else. a familiar face, though it'd been so long... he'd almost assumed this was , what with the golden hair.
[break]
[break]
but this one was different. "...francie?"
[break]
[break]
he was never quite sure what happened to her.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-beldum color-shiny"]

[newclass=".derek1"]--accent:#d49736; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/41/66/aFq6ep5l_o.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote b, .derek1 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .derek1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .derek1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 20px 20px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 20px 20px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! CODED BY MAD, PARTIAL CREDIT TO MILKY FOR CODE REFERENCED AND FONT STYLE <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
all the small things
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 19:48:01 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","francie-wrap"]
[attr="class","francie-tab2"]

[attr="class","francie-personal"]

[attr="class","francie-awards"]
[attr="class","francie-awards-2"]

"eh?"[break][break]

when her name is called, francie turns to look. blonde waves twist and bounce as her head turns to look. the moment she lays her eyes on a familiar head of silver hair, she's bouncing over in excitement and grinning from ear to ear.[break][break]

"oh my gods derek hi!!!" cue her frantic waves of excitement and a bounce of a hug that she only realizes as she gives it might not be welcome.[break][break]

"ohp! sorry," she relases him, laughing. "i keep forgetting i'm not just supposed to hug people. i'm supposed to ask first."[break][break]

she's mostly scolding herself as she holds her ams out wide to ask for a hug and beams at him like the sun itself. her voice drops a few octaves as she wiggles her fingers.[break][break]

"i just got so excited to see you!!!"

[attr="class","francie-pkmn"]

[attr="class","francie-num"]

[newclass=.francie-wrap]margin:0 auto;width:420px;border-radius:5px;box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-wrap b]color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-wrap i]color: #cecece;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-wrap u]text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #cecece; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-tab2]border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-personal]border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;padding:15px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-personal a]font:bold 11px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing:1px;padding: 8px 7px 6px 7px;border: solid 1px #232323;background-color: #d49736;color: #232323 !important;border-radius: 5px;margin-right: -5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-awards]background-color:#282828;padding:40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-awards-2]text-align:justify; font: 11.5px poppins;line-height: 15px;letter-spacing: .2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-awards-2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:3px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-awards-2::-webkit-scrollbar]background:transparent;width:6px;border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-awards-2 img]display:block;padding:4px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-pkmn]position:absolute;height:60px;width:70px;padding:0px 0px 3px 5px;background-color:#d4a53c;border-radius:0px 0px 0px 5px;display:flex;align-items:center;justify-content:center;margin-top: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-pkmn img:hover]filter:grayscale(0%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-pkmn img ]height:56px;width:68px;margin: 3px 3px 10px -5px;filter:grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:0.5s;transition:0.5s;-ms-transition:0.5s;-o-transition:0.5s;-moz-transition:0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-num]height: 43px;border-top:solid 1px #232323;padding:10px;display:flex;width:398px;justify-content:flex-end;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top right;gap:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
all the small things
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 20:26:02 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
the hug should come as no surprise, though derek seems to lag behind while processing it all. wondering about where she's been. what she's been up to. if francie knew what's been going on with the wilds...
[break]
[break]
of course, her sunny charm breaks through the cloud of questions looming over his head. derek promptly returns the hug, even adding an extra squeeze. "haha... that's okay." her bubbly personality was always welcome, and surely missed.
[break]
[break]
"but, uh..." derek steps back to part from the embrace. "speaking of asking, there's a lot you've left me to wonder about." and worry about as well. the expression touching upon his features becomes a bit stern, as if francie owed some kind of explanation for her absence.
[break]
[break]
though it was nice to know she wasn't dead. he'd forgotten the last time they met. the last time he even heard her name mentioned. for all he knew, she'd passed away when all that crazy shit down involving the rangers.
[break]
[break]
"i'd start with where you've been, but why you're back would be enough."

[break][break]

[newclass=".derek1"]--accent:#d49736; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/41/66/aFq6ep5l_o.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote b, .derek1 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .derek1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .derek1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 20px 20px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 20px 20px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! CODED BY MAD, PARTIAL CREDIT TO MILKY FOR CODE REFERENCED AND FONT STYLE <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
all the small things
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 21:05:46 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","francie-wrap"]
[attr="class","francie-tab2"]

[attr="class","francie-personal"]

[attr="class","francie-awards"]
[attr="class","francie-awards-2"]

"i'm back cause the barrier's finally down, mostly."[break][break]

francie's answer is quick, but she understands it might not be enough. so she keeps her warm smile on her face for him.[break][break]

because he's right, he does deserve an explanation. anybody and everybody does, really. so she's willing to do that. willing to give him any and all information he seeks about her. why?[break][break]

derek's her friend, that's why. a very dear friend.[break][break]

"the news coverage doesn't do whatever's happening with the wilds justice," it's a playful poke at how she gets most of her information about what's going on in hoenn from . "but i've been in kalos... let's see. last time we talked, i was taking up the mantle for petalburg the... second time? anyway, i ended up being asked by the league to go around a few regions and recruit people to be rangers, to protect their regions."[break][break]

as she speaks, her eyes travel up to the canopy above, the light shining through causes her to squint her eyes a bit.[break][break]

"after that, i came back for a little while. demanded to give me a job." her tone said that went over super well; heavy with sarcasm. "so he put me alongside as a silph liaison for the rangers. not long after i got a call from my older sibling in kalos. investigating some cave, so i went to help, makes sure they stayed safe.[break][break]

"before i knew it, the barrier was up and i couldn't come back home right away. i traveled a bit more and came back as soon as i heard the barrier was down."

[attr="class","francie-pkmn"]

[attr="class","francie-num"]

[newclass=.francie-wrap]margin:0 auto;width:420px;border-radius:5px;box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-wrap b]color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-wrap i]color: #cecece;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-wrap u]text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #cecece; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-tab2]border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-personal]border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;padding:15px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-personal a]font:bold 11px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing:1px;padding: 8px 7px 6px 7px;border: solid 1px #232323;background-color: #d49736;color: #232323 !important;border-radius: 5px;margin-right: -5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-awards]background-color:#282828;padding:40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-awards-2]text-align:justify; font: 11.5px poppins;line-height: 15px;letter-spacing: .2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-awards-2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:3px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-awards-2::-webkit-scrollbar]background:transparent;width:6px;border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-awards-2 img]display:block;padding:4px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-pkmn]position:absolute;height:60px;width:70px;padding:0px 0px 3px 5px;background-color:#d4a53c;border-radius:0px 0px 0px 5px;display:flex;align-items:center;justify-content:center;margin-top: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-pkmn img:hover]filter:grayscale(0%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-pkmn img ]height:56px;width:68px;margin: 3px 3px 10px -5px;filter:grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:0.5s;transition:0.5s;-ms-transition:0.5s;-o-transition:0.5s;-moz-transition:0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-num]height: 43px;border-top:solid 1px #232323;padding:10px;display:flex;width:398px;justify-content:flex-end;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top right;gap:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
all the small things
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 11:54:42 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
"ahhh, that's right! guess i kinda forgot about all that stuff." derek lived his life relatively closed off from the rest of the world, and it showed at times such as these. overlooking something as apparent to the world as the barrier over hoenn... nice one, dude. thankfully those days were long gone. although it couldn't hurt to cross his fingers right about now. here's hoping she didn't notice.
[break]
[break]
"but wow, i mean... i never would've guessed kalos!" the male was obviously much quicker to assume something far worse. "how was it there?" his question is asked out of courteous reflex. to move on from his pessimistic notions. it's not so much about how kalos went, but whether she was hoping to stay home for good this time. hoenn was a better place for it.
[break]
[break]
"not that it could beat petalburg, right?" a small chuckle is afforded as he looks to the forest floor, feeling lightly embarassed. very few cities lived up to this place in his eyes, although there were many that would trade it for the busy street life in slateport. the industrialization of rustboro. or maybe even the lavish retreat that was ever grande city...
[break]
[break]
"i'm sure you're hearing this everywhere you go, but... it's nice to have you back." a fragile smirk pulls back from both ends as derek lifts his eyes up from the ground. how long would this glimpse of optimism last?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
all the small things
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 22:42:46 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

"pretty much," she laughs about the mention of petalburg, which beats her answering his previous question. "but i enjoyed learning a new culture. helped open my eyes to just how big the world is."[break][break]

all sorts of people from all sorts of walks of life all just mingling around in the big world. some in small worlds of their own, safe within their bubbles. busy pushing everybody else out or worse, trying to change everybody within a radius they deem their own bubble.[break][break]

then he goes and tells her that it's nice to have her back. perhaps it's the way he looks at the ground before he tells her, but she feels like it's coming from a place in derek that he doesn't often let things come from.[break][break]

francie can, in fact, relate.[break][break]

"believe it or not, you're one of three people who've said that." she gave derek a soft smile, showing it did, in fact, bother her a bit that not many other people said it.[break][break]

but then again, "it's not like i was himself or anything. and... some people i haven't made a point to go and hang around with all the stuff that's going on. i keep telling myself i'll get around to saying hello to them all. like you, you were on the list."[break][break]

of people to call, to get in contact with to set up a reunion date.[break][break]

"near the top too, 'cause you don't make me nervous or i don't overthink when i'm around you."[break][break]

no, around derek, she's always been comfortable. herself. not the bubbly and energetic personality she portrays to everybody and everything else.[break][break]

around derek, she's safe.

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
all the small things
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 14:29:45 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
"three people, huh?" derek wondered who the others were, but it didn't matter. him saying it was all that mattered right now. especially since francie seemed so put at ease by the thought.
[break]
[break]
"well, i'm glad... can't say i have too many friends these days." many have come and gone. another whom he had to sever ties with, now that they were outted as a member of team rocket. he really ought to make an effort to get out and meet some people, and yet... it would suffice to say that the safety of the region came first.
[break]
[break]
oh, and working so that he could make rent.
[break]
[break]
"a lot of them seem to have gotten out before the barrier. it's probably for the best." wouldn't want to see the people you care about find themselves facing annihilation, would you? "speaking of fernando..."
[break]
[break]
to claim he was a stranger would be wrong. everyone was aware of who he was, as well as how much he did for hoenn. though having only ever spoken to the man briefly during social events, derek had to wonder. "what's he like? any tips on how to get on his good side?" something, anything really, would help derek when he finally got in a room with fernando one on one.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
all the small things
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 16:41:58 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

"biggest tip i can offer you is that doesn't have sides. he's just, fernando."[break][break]

ferny, to her. he still was. she'd be lying if she said that every time he entered a room her heart didn't start swooning. she was, however, trying to train her heart against it. get out, hang around people that weren't him. or weren't only affiliated with him.[break][break]

she decides to laugh, waving her hand at him frantically in jest with an added, "i kid! i kid~[break][break]

"fernando..."
she thinks for a moment before nodding, decided. "fernando appreciates power more than he appreciates anything else."[break][break]

which was exactly why she'd caught his eye in the first place. small girl like her commanding golems and ancient fossilized pokémon three times her size. but she stopped trying to get stronger to prove herself to him a long time ago.[break][break]

now she just wants to put her effort and energy into people who returned the energy she gave to them.

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
all the small things
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 17:01:56 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
"hmm." makes sense that the guy running the largest company in the world appreciated power. those who could skew things his way. be of some use to him, whether it for business or even personal matters. or, at the very least, prove to be more than a mere beggar. "not sure that'll help me... but thank you."
[break]
[break]
what kind of power could a lowly ranger like him boast? how could derek prove he was a worthy investment? questions for another time. another place.
[break]
[break]
"i've got something i'll be bringing up to him soon. not sure if it'll go over well." derek needed it to. otherwise all that he's tried, all the he's suffered. and the others as well. it'd be for nothing. "really hoping i can manage, but it's not exactly like i can just appeal to his good nature, like with most people." but most people weren't millionaires (billionaires?) running a company, council, et cetera.
[break]
[break]
there was likely only so much he could care about. "so... what about hobbies? he got any?" perhaps there was a specific pasttime or recreational behavior that might help earn fernando's favor.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
all the small things
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 17:15:31 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

the question caught francie so off guard she scoffs, then immediately brings a hand up to her face in apology.[break][break]

"i'm so sorry, i just," she breathes, making a face at derek like a friend teasing another. "what're you trying to do, date him??"[break][break]

there's a small and pitiful excuse for bitterness in her heart when she says as much. she really wanted to say, been there and done that, tried to get the t-shirt but he said i was too good for it what the heck, but she didn't. instead, she just shook her head, brows knit, wondering what he could possibly want to bring to the councilman.[break][break]

"i wasn't as close with him as people seem to think. or maybe i was ... i don't know, it's hard to explain. most days i barely think we were friends. other days i can't think of my time here before without his friendship. but that's ferny for ya."[break][break]

one day he's a friend and the next he's seto kaiba.

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
all the small things
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 18:03:02 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
derek can't help but laugh with her at the proposed question. and the way she referred to him as ferny was also rather amusing. "n-no, i just..."
[break]
[break]
he needed to make fernando think he was a worthy investment. someone that could be put silph co. and it's insurmountable resources to work. hopefully for a reason they both agreed on.
[break]
[break]
but francie's words paint a bittersweet picture. something torn between pretty and painful. thinking maybe he should drop the subject, derek tries to put a lid on it while sticking to the point. "there was an incident awhile ago involving the rangers." now that she was one of them, francie ought to know.
[break]
[break]
"i can't say i saw it with my own eyes, but it sounded like registeel to me." mention of it brought back mental images of the disaster. the trauma of seeing your pokemon innards come outwards, and vice versa. in other words, a complete fucking mess of blood and guts and...
[break]
[break]
derek snaps to attention, the lapse being quite evident in his expression. "i want to find it, but i have no idea how. where we found it... it's not exactly a place that exists on any map, if that makes sense?" after everyone else denied him, derek felt like there were only really one or two others left to ask. , and the league's head scientists. "figured i would go to fernando first. everyone else talked about compensation. wanting something for their efforts." coming from the civilians made sense, but the fact a member of hoenn's elite four wouldn't help to prevent further calamity without reward...
[break]
[break]
"i figure there's nothing the guy could possibly want from me that he couldn't just throw his money or status around to get on his own. so maybe... if i bother him enough... he'll throw me a bone to get me out of the house." maybe not the best analogy, but hopefully it would clue francie in on derek's desperation.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
all the small things
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 18:09:34 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

"for one, i think he'll want to know what he gets out of the investment." francie began, thinking back on most bargains that fernando had made in the past. like the ones with herself.[break][break]

"with me, i simply asked to represent the silph company within the rangers, much like . it went well, and i even advertised for him while i was over in kalos. but in the end... well, in the end i could only grow so strong under the silph banner, so i had to pull myself away from the name to better myself without it."[break][break]

she puts a hand on her chin in thought, brows crinkling.[break][break]

"as far as you going to ask about registeel... you'll have to be careful. fernando'll snatch up any power he can. if you go to him asking for his help, he'll want help in return. the worst thing he could possibly do is say you owe him a favor, because he always cashes in big with those."[break][break]

she makes him sound like a bad guy but ... isn't he, really? most of the time, sure.[break][break]

"however, if you're willing to owe him, willing to take that burden, then go for it. i just would advise you to find something fernando wants that is equal to the power that you seek, so the situation is a win-win and he doesn't have a reason to say no. for example, rocket information, or even something as far as investments go that will make him more money."

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
all the small things
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 18:21:01 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
"a favor, huh?" didn't sound so bad on paper. though derek wasn't the one familiar with how exacting fernando's tolls could be. "maybe that'd work..."
[break]
[break]
there was no real use worrying about that as of right now. derek couldn't even be sure fernando would comply. or to what extent. not to mention... if and when derek did finally find what he was looking for... what happened then?
[break]
[break]
"but i guess i should be worried he might just poach this one out from under me." it was a possibility he might have to consider. although it wasn't like katherine, or angelo and skyler weren't capable of doing the same.
[break]
[break]
the end goal was to make sure registeel would no longer pose a threat. nor the legendary being whom they made ritualistic sacrifice to. speaking of those murals... "were you around during the regirock incident?" unfortunately for derek, he had been back home in johto for a funeral. he would've liked to of been a part of that raid. to see the original murals in person. and any others that might've been overlooked. there was something about the thing they worshipped that was bothering him as of late...

[break][break]

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
all the small things
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 18:26:54 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

"man, i wish!"[break][break]

francie's hands flew into the air, disappointment looming over her head in a small cloud with fake rain and blue lines over her frame. she stood up straight, metaphorical cloud gone, pouting at him.[break][break]

"would have been so dope! i've thought about asking around for information on it, but i don't want to owe any favors. i might go hunting myself as soon as i get a handle on these wilds things. i wanna explore them, and judging by the way things are going right now, i might get my desire sooner rather than later."[break][break]

the wilds were new and exciting, intriguing, and francie wanted a taste of them. wanted to see what they were all about. wanted to know if she could tame some of those ultra beasts for herself... wouldn't that be something?[break][break]

"what about you? did you see anything??"

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
all the small things
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 18:45:25 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
"if you mean the regirock thing? only in the reports." but those were hardly enough to sate his thirst. that's how he ended up finding another mural, similar to the other, but much less grand and ornate. it was simply a lesser man's attempts to preserve and teach what few records of legendary pokemon they had. especially the significant ones. like those involving sacrifice.
[break]
[break]
"as for the wilds, i haven't really seen much of anything yet." but that didn't necessarily mean they weren't there. "but i heard there's something at the border. a pokemon i've yet to see." reports would show for this marshadow, which derek hoped to encounter soon enough. everywhere else was said to be full of ultra beasts of some sort.
[break]
[break]
"interacting with the spirits hasn't exactly panned out how i had hoped." only the more recently deceased seem to manifest, or make some kind of appearance or showing for him to witness. "i'll probably be trying out one of the other rifts soon enough. not sure which one... maybe i'll ask around. y'know, to figure out what's inside." as far as ultra beasts went, derek had one or two in mind. and until he caught one, he couldn't say he's had the privilege to train an ultra beast.
[break]
[break]
"any of the rift destinations catch your interest?" the reprots spoke of a deep sea, the border, a mechanical kingdom, and much more. the desert seemed like a great place for francie to dig up some fossils, right?

[break][break]