Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Blood of My Brother [POSTDORMITUM]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2023 22:34:04 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev gazed upon Ultra Deep Sea, the alien landscape somehow familiar thanks to his previous foray into the realm. He surveyed the immediate area, knowing that several of his Team Rocket associates had also breached the rift in their collective effort to reach the Seal Stones. He could not see them from his vantage point, but he could hear them over the comms. Orders, status reports, and of course, the sounds of battle.[break][break]

After all, Team Rocket was not alone. Not in Dewford Town, not in Granite Cave, and certainly not in Ultra Deep Sea.[break][break]

Cold blue eyes surveyed the immediate area, looking for a way down from the plateau. Spying a safe place to land, Zev pushed off from this perch. The strange physics of the world beyond the rift allowed him to float down slowly until his feet touched the ground. His shiny Greninja followed.[break][break]

They had not traveled far before movement in the corner of Zev's eye caught his attention. He tensed, all senses on high alert. Whatever it was had moved too swiftly to be the kelp growing in that realm and was too small to be an Ultra Beast.[break][break]

"Scout ahead," Zev ordered his Greninja, who leaped to obey. The man followed at a distance, gun drawn. He kept his eyes peeled for anything that might be a hallucination caused by the Ultra Deep Sea.[break][break]

But what he and his Pokémon saw when they rounded a corner of spongy rock was not an apparition. In fact, it was none other than .[break][break]

Zev lowered his gun. "Caleb," he said, his voice distorted by the modulator in his full-face mask. The mask, however, was the same one he'd worn at Littleroot Town. It was the same one he'd used back in Kanto in his early years. Caleb would know it intimately.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Postdormitum: MP Battle[break]
Wearing black combat gear + mask[break][break]

TOTAL MP: 10[break]
+10 MP from IC posts

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 2:05:26 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caleb2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Look for the dream mist, they'd said. Find the Seal Stones, they'd said.[break][break]
It was Littleroot all over again, only the terrain was far more dangerous. The Ultra Deep Sea was an eerie hellscape of endless murky depths, the bones of drowned Megalopians, and far too many glittering Tera crystals for Caleb's liking. Weren't those things volatile in their unattuned state? He was no scientist, but seeing hundreds of them jutting sporadically out of the seafloor like so many multi-colored teeth gave him the creeps.[break][break]
Look for the dream mist. Find the Seal Stones.[break][break]
He drifted deeper, kicking up a small cloud of sediment as his feet touched down on the ground. He was careful to avoid the closest patch of crystals.[break][break]
Beside him, Comet gazed around with his keen red eyes. Caleb turned to him and pointed at their feet. "Keep an eye out for cracks in the rock...dream mist is apparently a pinkish purple color." The Lucario nodded dutifully.[break][break]
Before they could get started in their searching, however, a distorted voice spoke Caleb's name. The sound was jarring in the otherwise silent sea canyon. Caleb's head snapped up and his eyes found the source of the sound - a man accompanied by a shining Greninja. Caleb stared with a momentarily shocked expression plastered to his face, but then his blue eyes hardened.[break][break]
"Zev."[break][break]
There was no mistaking his brother, not in that mask, with that greeting. Comet readied himself, tension coiled, but Caleb held up a hand to stop him from attacking. The Ranger glanced around warily, wondering if he was about to be outnumbered by Rockets.[break][break]
"Are you alone?"[break][break]
A thought came unbidden. Is Isaac with you?

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Caleb's Outfit Inspiration: League-issued tactical gear[break]
POSTDORMITUM: BATTLE[break]
MP Tracker
  • 50 - Participating in a Postdormitum Battle
  • 10 - IC Post in a Postdormitum Battle

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.caleb2]--accent:#3ad1e1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.caleb2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 14:07:57 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Caleb was right to be wary. The Ultra Deep Sea was crawling with Team Rocket's operatives engaging in ambushes and battles with League forces. Zev himself had just left a skirmish against none other than .[break][break]

"Luckily for you, yes."[break][break]

During their last encounter, Zev had not been able to knock sense into Caleb. It was a memory that continued to frustrate the elder Harcourt. Their meeting afterward at his bar, however, had gone much better. Caleb had been more malleable, more open.[break][break]

Since then, Zev had analyzed both scenarios and come to a logical conclusion. He reached up and removed his mask, revealing his face. A familiar face of kin and memory.[break][break]

"I don't want to fight you this time," Zev said, adjusting his tone to make himself sound reasonable. He had rehearsed these lines in the mirror, again and again. "I just want things to be the way they were between us, before all this."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

TOTAL MP: 20[break]
+20 MP from IC posts

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 1:17:43 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caleb2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Apprehension boiled in Caleb's gut as Zev removed his mask. Zev would not do such a thing if he even so much as suspected Caleb had allies nearby. Bold of him to make that assumption, considering the constant clashing taking place across the Ultra Deep Sea between their factions, but Caleb knew the truth of it: he had always been easy to read, and his brother knew him best. It was clear to Zev that Caleb was alone, save for his Pokémon.[break][break]
"It can never be like it was before, Zev," Caleb sighed. This again.[break][break]
Caleb knew better than to trust the open, calm, almost caring look on Zev's face. He knew better than to engage in conversation with a man who could not, under normal circumstances, be reasoned with. He could just leave. Zev would likely let him go.[break][break]
Like the fool that he was, however, he stayed put. He even moved a few steps closer. The past was a chain that bound Caleb to Zev. As long as Zev continued to remain in Hoenn, Caleb would never be able to escape it.[break][break]
"You should go back to Kanto, Zev. Your skillset is valuable there. You wouldn't be at risk like you are here; the League has no power there."[break][break]
If Zev left, Caleb would be free. But more importantly, Isaac would be free.[break][break]
Why did that matter so much to Caleb? Isaac's desperation gnawed at him, relentless, slowly unraveling the strings of his heart piece by piece. The younger man was trapped by fear, by anger, by necessity, and by love. Maybe it bothered Caleb because he didn't have a goddamn clue how to actually help him.[break][break]
And yet, he'd said he'd protect him, and he'd meant it.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

MP Tracker

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.caleb2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 1:42:41 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev fought to keep the exasperation from his face at Caleb's stubborn refusal. This again, indeed. "It can," he insisted, stepping closer to his brother. "We can be a family that does things together. We don't have to have this rift between us."[break][break]

He gestured at the open space between them, a space growing smaller with every step Zev took toward Caleb.[break][break]

The latter's suggestion was logical, on the surface. Zev did prefer Kanto and liked that he could walk the streets without pretending to be someone else. But he only shook his head. Returning to Kanto meant leaving Caleb behind. It meant admitting defeat.[break][break]

"'I'm not just going to leave you. I said I'd protect you, remember?" Zev smiled, only a hint of arrogance in the lines of reassurance. So close now, he reached out to rest a hand on Caleb's shoulder. "I'm not going to let the League use you like this."[break][break]

Like a dog, hurting and getting hurt for their lost causes.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

TOTAL MP: 30[break]
+30 MP from IC posts

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 2:07:20 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caleb2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"A family that does things?" Caleb scoffed. "Maybe that would have been our future if the takeover didn't happen. I can't live a normal life in Kanto. But you can."[break][break]
What he'd said about Kanto being better for Zev was true. Zev was well-suited for a militaristic Rocket-run regime. Caleb, on the other hand, wasn't. Never had been.[break][break]
Comet growled a warning as Zev's hand touched down on Caleb's shoulder. The Lucario began to crackle with energy, ready for a fight. Caleb ignored him, gazed fixed on Zev.[break][break]
"Use me," Caleb echoed. "You really think that, don't you?" A disbelief so potent it nearly quelled the anger that was steadily rising, churning up through Caleb's stomach and into his chest like a stormy sea.[break][break]
Around them, light reflected off the fragmented Tera crystals. There was no dream mist here, however. Caleb had not encountered it yet, but he'd heard the reports. It had the ability to alter one's reality, conjure imagery from a person's subconscious to construct a waking dream.[break][break]
But this was not a dream. This was just two brothers with a very real, very tangible tension hanging between them.[break][break]
"I chose this, Zev," Caleb hissed, tone uncharacteristically sharp. Tired. He was tired of being told that his life's choices didn't belong to him. As if he'd been plucked out of Kanto by some greater good. There had been nothing good about his escape. He'd fought for that. He'd bled for that. He'd risked everything for that.[break][break]
"In fact, I might not be a League Ranger for long. I might do something completely different. Rocket, League, it's not up to any of them what I do."[break][break]
And certainly not up to you.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

MP Tracker

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 2:26:14 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Caleb's Lucario growled deep in his chest. In response, Zev's Greninja loped closer, keeping a close eye on the other Pokémon. But to the elder Harcourt, they might as well not have been there.[break][break]

A spike of white hot paranoia lanced through him at Caleb's words. The sensation was overwhelming and utterly foreign. Zev did not fear things, not normally. He lacked the ability to feel guilt, embarrassment, or shame. Yet as Caleb repeated that outlandish claim — that he had chosen to leave Kanto — panic surged through Zev like a tidal wave.[break][break]

In a distant corner of his mind, he recalled how the Ultra Deep Sea caused hallucinations and heightened paranoia in visitors. But the calm, logical reminder sounded so faint, drowned out by the roar of dread.[break][break]

Zev's hand tightened on Caleb's shoulder.[break][break]

"Listen to yourself, you fool," the Beast snarled, all brotherly pretense gone. His eyes burned with fury. "What do you think you're going to do if you strike out on your own? The last time you tried, you became an addict. I had to drag your ass out of that stupid pit and clean you up myself."[break][break]

He inhaled sharply, seething.[break][break]

"You can't live without me, Caleb. You need me. You're fucking useless otherwise."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

TOTAL MP: 50[break]
+40 MP from IC posts[break]
+10 MP for referencing the realm's mutations or heightened feelings of paranoia

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 12:32:58 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caleb2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Who said anything about striking out on my own?" Caleb snapped. His expression darkened, the storm of resentment and anger raging within him threatening to spill over, drown all of his self-control. "You think I have spent all of my time here alone? Without peers? Without mentors? Without friends?"[break][break]
In his mind he pictured 's face, 's face, 's face, @rosie's face, Tam and the rest of the Slateport Rangers who had worked with him over the years. And then, unexpected, but somehow more vivid than the others: 's face. Agonized, and pleading for Caleb to give him the answers he was seeking.[break][break]
"I built a life here. I found a purpose here. I don't need you anymore, brother."[break][break]
He spat that last word like a curse, shrugging out of Zev's vice grip. It took effort, but Caleb had the same training Zev did, the same reflexes, the same grit. Zev had likely assumed Caleb had lost his ability to fight when he'd become a slave to the League. Zev's delusion was a weakness.[break][break]
Caleb's sudden vitriol seemed to energize the watch-like device strapped to his wrist, the Mega Stone embedded within flashing a vibrant gold that engulfed Comet. When it faded, a Mega-Lucario stood in his place, black streaks of dark energy surging across his body. Blue lightening crackling around his fists, which he readied, LASER FOCUSED.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

LASER FOCUS: Until the end of their next turn, the user's moves will be critical hits.[break]
MP Tracker
  • 10 - Use Mega Evolution in your thread

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 4:30:43 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

The blinding light of the mega evolution was enough to distract Zev so that Caleb could wrench himself from his brother's grip. Zev's Greninja, too, had to look away from the eye-blistering brightness.[break][break]

When the light faded, the transformed Lucario stood with his fists raised, looking every inch like he was about to attack. But he remained still, so Greninja braced himself, hunkering down for whatever came next.[break][break]

Seeing that nothing notable had happened yet, Zev's gaze snapped back to his brother. A hand whipped out to grab onto the front of Caleb's Ranger uniform.[break][break]

"Friends? Mentors?" he mocked, sneering. His laughter was a harsh, terrible sound. "And exactly how do you know you're not one wrong move away from losing them all? You think those Rangers in Slateport wouldn't tear you limb from limb if they knew your crimes? I hear former Councilman Lykos hates Team Rocket after they cut off his arm. Who else among them bears a grudge against Rockets, I wonder?"[break][break]

A memory of the Winter Masquerade sprang, unbidden, to the surface of Zev's mind: Caleb dressed up, a beautiful girl on his arm.[break][break]

"And let's not forget Rosie. She was my partner first, Caleb. You think she smiles at you because she likes you?" Zev smirked. "I know for a fact she's a brilliant liar."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

TOTAL MP: 60[break]
+50 MP from IC posts[break]
+10 MP for referencing the realm's mutations or heightened feelings of paranoia

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 12:29:58 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caleb2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Orion already knows about my past," Caleb shot back with a smirk even as Zev grabbed hold of him again. "It didn't change anything between us." A lie, of course. But Caleb was furious now, and did not care to explain the nuance. The tenuous understanding between Caleb and the other Ranger, the ongoing mending of a burned bridge, was none of Zev's business.[break][break]
When Zev mentioned Rosie, however, Caleb froze.[break][break]
"I know for a fact she's a brilliant liar."[break][break]
It was true that @rosie had once been an actress. It was also true that she had worked with Zev in Kanto, often on missions of a deceptive nature. But the implication that she was lying to Caleb now, pretending to like him - to be attracted to him - was absurd. Her affection had felt real. Her adoration had seemed genuine. The way she'd kissed him...[break][break]
A sudden swinging fist connected with Zev's jaw. "How dare you drag Rosie into this," Caleb snarled.[break][break]
With a growl to match his trainer's, the once-still Mega-Lucario flashed forward in a sudden blur, THUNDER PUNCHING the Greninja with every ounce of power he could summon. At the same time, Caleb surged forward, not waiting to see if Zev would recover from the first blow, instead throwing a second punch directly into the other man's gut.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mega-Lucario uses THUNDER PUNCH, which will be a critical hit due to LASER FOCUS[break]
Mega Evolution is in effect (Round 2/3)[break]
MP Tracker
  • 10 - Knocking out another character and/or their Pokémon

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 16:28:57 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

The punch came out of nowhere. Zev reeled backward, losing his grip on Caleb's uniform. A second blow to his stomach brought bile to the back of his throat. Caleb was stronger and faster than Zev remembered.[break][break]

But not strong enough, and not fast enough.[break][break]

Recovering, Zev retaliated. With one arm raised to block the next punch, he jabbed at Caleb's head, aiming for the other man's temple. The time for words had come to an end. Fists would decide the winner.[break][break]

The THUNDER PUNCH from Caleb's Lucario hit home at the same time as his master's strikes. Between his type disadvantage and the heightened strength of Lucario's attacks, Greninja fell unconscious with a yelp.[break][break]

Hearing this, Zev snarled in frustration. Without bothering to recall the Ninja Pokémon, he quickly tossed a different Pokéball. His Hatterene appeared in a flash of light, took in the scene, and screamed with incandescent rage. Pink flower petals sliced through the air as she directed SPRINGTIDE STORM at Caleb's Lucario.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Wearing black combat gear + mask[break]
Greninja FAINTS! Hatterene joins the battle + uses SPRINGTIDE STORM[break][break]

TOTAL MP: 120[break]
+60 MP from IC posts[break]
+10 MP for referencing the realm's mutations or heightened feelings of paranoia[break]
+50 MP for having a Pokemon be knocked out

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 23:13:45 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caleb2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Caleb barely dodged Zev's incoming punch, his brother's fist grazing his forehead as he pulled away at the last second. His body moved automatically, years of Kanto training directing his actions, adrenaline surging through him as he recovered his stance.[break][break]
The Ranger followed up with several strikes of his own, a flurry of relentless punches, jabs, and hooks aimed at his brother's head and torso. Never had Caleb felt such raw, unfiltered anger at Zev: it was as if a long-suffering floodgate had been opened. All his life, Caleb had yearned for his brother's approval and love, but in doing so, he had allowed Zev to control, demean, and manipulate him.[break][break]
He'd finally reached his breaking point.[break][break]
The brothers exchanged blows, a few of Caleb's punches striking true, but Zev - who's training was arguably superior to Caleb's - blocked or dodged just as many. Beside them, the SPRINGTIDE STORM slammed into Comet with a burst of bright pink energy. He growled in pain as the Mega Evolution came to an end, his form shrinking back down to its normal size. He began to ready another LASER FOCUSED attack with a somewhat desperate look in his eyes.[break][break]
As his Lucario fell to the ground, Caleb suddenly tripped on something sharp in an attempt to avoid getting hit in the ribs. He felt a sudden stinging pain across his ankle as he caught himself. He'd run into one of the stray Tera crystals, the pointed tip that jutted out of the seafloor tearing his pants and piercing his skin. He cursed, attempting to correct the mistake and get back into a defensible position.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mega Evolution has ended (3/3)[break]
MP Tracker

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 12:59:50 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev and Caleb had fought before, but only when sparring, and Zev's viciousness had led him to overpowering Caleb time and time again. Even then, however, neither man sought to kill the other.[break][break]

There in the wild lands of the Ultra Deep Sea, however, Caleb strikes carried a different intent. With each impact, blocked or not, Zev felt his brother's unbridled fury. And so, for the first time in their lives, the elder Harcourt did not hold back.[break][break]

When Caleb stumbled, Zev grabbed him and used their momentum to bring them both toppling to the ground. As much as Caleb resisted, Zev managed to pin him down, punching him across the face. Blood sprayed from Caleb's nose.[break][break]

"You really want to keep going?" Zev snarled, grunting as he struggled against Caleb's attempts to shove him off. "Just give up! You know you can't win against me!"[break][break]

Nearby, Hatterene took the opportunity to attack while the opposing Lucario spent time on LASER FOCUS. She struck with DAZZLING GLEAM, pink energy slamming into the Aura Pokémon.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Hatterene uses DAZZLING GLEAM[break][break]

TOTAL MP: 130[break]
+70 MP from IC posts[break]
+10 MP for referencing the realm's mutations or heightened feelings of paranoia[break]
+50 MP for having a Pokemon be knocked out

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 3:27:05 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caleb2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Despite being similarly sized, similarly trained, and similarly experienced, there was one key differentiator that began to tip the fight in Zev's favor: his brutality. Caleb lacked a killer instinct, even if he'd once been a killer. It had always been hard for him, something he'd done out of loyalty or to avoid punishment. Zev, on the other hand, had always been emotionally unaffected by acts of violence. He could just as easily hurt someone to pass the time as he could to make some money.[break][break]
As Comet fell to the ground, unconscious, Caleb let out an agonized cry of pain and fury. Droplets of blood and sweat flew as he thrashed beneath his brother, the sound of ripping fabric loud in his own ears as a piece of his shirt tore. Zev's confident declaration that Caleb could not win against him echoed in the Ranger's mind over and over: it was the story of this fight, but it was also the story of Caleb's life. Always Zev had been the stronger one, the smarter one, the better one.[break][break]
Caleb shifted his body so that he could reach a hand to a sheath at his waist. Grunting with effort, he managed to free the knife that had made, its blade gleaming in the low light of the canyon not unlike the Tera crystals scattered around the warring brothers. For a split second, time seemed to stand still.[break][break]
Then, eyes wild with desperation, Caleb jammed the knife directly into Zev's abdomen.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Lucario FAINTS (KO)[break]
MP Tracker
  • 50 - Getting your Pokémon knocked out

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 3:48:22 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Time stopped with the white-hot agony of Caleb's blade sinking into Zev's flesh. The pain came out of nowhere, its suddenness and sharpness knocking Zev out of his brutal rhythm. Looking down, he stared at the steel protruding out of his body, the spurt of blood dripping along the metal, his own blood covering the white-knuckled hand that gripped the hilt.[break][break]

The reality of what had happened dawned on Zev in an instant, yet his mind seemed unable to comprehend it. The expression that passed over his face as he looked back at Caleb was less of shock and more of disbelief.[break][break]

"You'd stab me?" the elder Harcourt said, half-laughing at the sheer insanity of it all. "Your own brother?"[break][break]

Beneath the bewilderment, his trained, logical mind already knew it wasn't fatal. The knife stuck out far too much. Caleb had struck a spot far from internal organs. But it didn't matter. Caleb had stabbed him. He had broken a cardinal rule between the two brothers — no, a law of nature.[break][break]

With a single action, he had destroyed everything.[break][break]

Distantly, Zev heard his Hatterene's bloodcurdling scream as she advanced, ready to defend her master.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Hatterene uses DAZZLING GLEAM[break][break]

TOTAL MP: 640[break]
+80 MP from IC posts[break]
+10 MP from referencing the realm's mutations or heightened feelings of paranoia[break]
+50 MP from having a Pokemon be knocked out[break]
+50 MP from participating in a battle[break]
+150 MP from completing a battle[break]
+300 MP from losing a battle

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]