fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
damsel in distress [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 15:12:14 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gideon-wrap"]
[attr="class","gideon-main"]
[attr="class","gideon-words"]

His timing couldn’t have been worse.[break][break]

Caught in the crossfire between a ROCKET and LEAGUE turf war, professor found himself attempting to hide from aggroed grunts swarming into Granite Cave. He’d come here to study the rift and how it affected the immediate environment surrounding it, not fight a terrorist organization. But Gideon hadn’t expected for the tear between realms to expand; hadn’t expected the phenomena to be such an inciting point for the two organizations.[break][break]

This section of the cavern was overrun with ROCKETs. Not wanting to be caught in the less-than optimal spot he currently occupied, Gideon tried to sneak past them… with little success. His large frame and minimal tactical skills did not lend themselves to being sneaky. [break][break]

I’m not a League officer.” He insisted to the grunts around him, managing to keep his tone even despite the enemy Pokémon growling just feet away. “I’m a civilian. Let me pass and I will not interfere.”[break][break]

Somehow, he didn’t think his persuasive skills were quite up to par, either.

[attr="class","gideon-notes"]

[break]
• postdormitum: cave[break][break]

TOTAL: 60 MP[break]
+ 50 MP for participation in a PD battle/mission[break]
+ 10 MP per IC post in a PD battle/mission[break]

[attr="class","gideon-pkmn"]

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap b] color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-pkmn] margin-top: -20px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 8px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 18:29:04 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
A handful of grunts had managed to slip through his fingers, entering the cave from the waters surrounding Dewford that he'd been busy defending.

Irritation pinching his sweat beaded brow, Angelo gives chase, plunging himself into the yawning mouth of Granite Cave in pursuit. 

Zulu, follow me!” His dragapult answers the call after sending a fearow to the depths, her wispy tail a fluttering war banner. 

Only Angelo's heartbeat hesitates as his boots thud against stone. There was little luxury to think about his discomfort, on the hollow sensation stirred within him from being surrounded by narrow tunnels, when he had this mess to clean up. 

He wasn't going to put Nautica's success on the line.

It doesn't take long for Angelo to catch up. His quarry had become distracted, finding them surrounding a single individual.

With a whistle, an infestation swarms beneath the grunts feet, making them shout out in surprise and stumble in blind disorientation. 

Angelo takes the opportunity to slip around them, ushering the man back a pace or two to ensure they didn't get swept up in the dizzying buzz. 

He meets the familiar face with a flash of surprise in his eyes.

Terrible day for a field trip, Doctor.” A brow raises in sympathetic amusement for , before giving their business collaborator a quick once over.

Ready to get out of here?

notes;

- an infestation swarms around the rockets!

TOTAL MP: 160

CAVE (100 MP)
POSTDORMITUM MISSION PARTICIPATION (50 MP)
POSTDORMITUM MISSION POST (10 MP)

( postdormitum: cave )
[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 14:39:55 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

The ROCKETs laughed. Laughed. It was a sound that would have made his blood boil if it wasn’t already running cold.[break][break]

Meanwhile, their Pokémon continued to inch closer, teeth bared and claws at the ready. Gideon weighed his options, wondering if it was worth the risk to try and release his own Pokémon or if he could still negotiate his safety.[break][break]

Luckily, the decision was made for him. Appearing out of nowhere, the professor was suddenly pulled away by an all-too familiar man while the grunts and their Pokémon were caught in an INFESTATION.[break][break]

Ha! No kidding!” Arceus, he’d never been so relieved to see the happy-go-lucky face of . [break][break]

Gideon wanted to ask, what the hell are you doing here? [break][break]

But, time and place. Plus he really was ready to get out of this godforsaken cave. [break][break]

Lead the way, flyboy.

[break]

TOTAL: 70 MP[break]

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-pkmn] margin-top: -20px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 8px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 18:39:40 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
His lips twitch up faintly in fond memories, the given nickname one he hadn't heard in some months. Angelo hopes that wherever she is now, is keeping herself safe.

The same couldn't be said about , he'd somehow ended up here on the worst possible day, at the completely wrong time.

Angelo's thankful he'd ran into the professor. There were still many more mysteries they had to uncover, Gideon and him. 

You've got it, doc. But I can't leave these guys here to their own devices, have to keep them out of the rift.

So far Nautica had been sending members of the organisation packing from outside Dewford. Repelling them back across the ocean routes, tails between their legs no doubt back to Sootopolis.

This lot could still be encouraged to follow suit.  

You've got pokémon on hand, right?

By the accompanying raise of his brow, it comes across less of a request than it is a hint for his companion to chip in. 

After all, the Rocket grunts weren't about to let them run out of here without pushback, either and the infestation was beginning to look stretched thin. 

notes;

- here

TOTAL MP: 170
CAVE (100 MP)

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 19:45:37 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

"Ah– right!" Of course he had Pokémon on hand. Gideon wasn't exactly hoping to stick around and fight, though. His battling prowess - or lack thereof - was subpar at best. Selfishly, he'd kind of hoped that Angelo would just whisk him to safety in lieu of taking care of these ROCKETs.[break][break]

Fat chance of that. [break][break]

"Proteus," Gideon began, releasing his SLOWKING. "Surf!"[break][break]

An exorbitant amount of water immediately blasted from the Pokémon's maw, flooding the battlefield with a torrential force. The grunts' Pokémon were consequently swept off their feet, leaving them vulnerable to further attack from .[break][break]

"So you're just here to save the day, then?" Gideon probed, his eyes still locked on the battle in front of them. "I didn't know Nautica did mercenary work."

[break]

TOTAL: 80 MP[break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 20:18:44 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Gideon's stammer of confirmation is met with a pat on his shoulder. Gesture an equivalent to throwing the professor into the deep end and telling him to swim. 

Sharpedo included. 

To Gideon's credit he does go along with it, Angelo watching as a surf of water surges forward from his slowking to knock back a couple of rockets. 

Zulu, Dragon darts!” Following up, his dragapult fires two rounds at their foes's pokémon, the dreepy exploding at their feet before returning back to their caretaker's horns with gleeful chitters. 

Their opponents stagger back further like dancing cowboys in a western shootout. 

More like here to ruin rocket's day - got no interest in seeing them take another island.” He barks out a short laugh, but the forcefulness of his commanded attacks say otherwise. “Could say the same to your though. Who convinced you to volunteer for the frontlines?

notes;

- here

TOTAL MP: 80

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 3:36:53 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

"I guess you could say I was drafted more so than volunteered," Gideon responded on a shaky laugh, internally marveling at 's confidence in battle. His experience seeped through his every action and command. It was impressive, to say the least.[break][break]

"My team and I were here doing routine population surveys," A rock lobbed his way was suddenly stalled by his SLOWKING's PSYCHIC and propelled back at the enemy. It had come dangerously close to crushing him and his rescuer, though. "FU– Arceus... Uh, I-I'm just glad they stayed behind in Dewford this morning."

[break]

TOTAL: 100 MP[break]
+ 10 MP for assisting another character/pkmn[break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 11:37:08 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Gideon's wavering laugh is met with a slight arch of his brow. Despite the nervousness from the professor, he and his Slowking were pulling their weight.  

Quick thinking there, professor,” he whistles in appreciation as the psychic type returns a boulder back to sender. Angelo had all been preparing to spring away. 

In aggravation at being steadily pushed back towards the entrance, the rocket grunts cast their lot into releasing more of their pokémon into the fray. 

Determination sparks fiercer in Angelo at the sight of light pouring in from down the tunnel, in which they attempted to keep them away from.

Boats have been evacuating the civilians back to the mainland,” in his palm a tera orb glows, its crystals sparkling even in the dim light of the cave. “I can go with you to Dewford if you want? Your team might be waiting for you there.

Tossing the sphere, tera energy coats the dragapult from the tip of her head to the end of her tail. Crystals in the shape of water droplets adorning the top of her sleek, arrow shaped head. 

With a gathering of blue energy, enriched Hydro cannons shoot from Zulu 2's horn cavities with enough force to push her backwards. Slight, in comparison to how far the pokemon it collides into fly. 

TOTAL MP: 100
terastallization (10 MP)

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 1:12:51 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

It was a relief to hear that his team was likely safe despite the dire circumstances. Angelo's offered help even more so.[break][break]

"Yes– please! I could definitely use the assistance. I'm not confident I can get back by myself..."[break][break]

Seeing the tides of battle shifting, the ROCKET grunts called on reinforcements to help push back against . [break][break]

SLOWKING was KO'd by an errant THUNDERBOLT and subsequently recalled back into his Poké Ball. To make matters worse, they also succeeded in dividing from his rescuer with a strong BLIZZARD courtesy of a floating GLALIE, which pushed the professor further back into the cavern.[break][break]

Closer to the rift, which was suddenly exuding a suction force.[break][break]

Gideon barely had time to react. A hand reached out, desperate.[break][break]

"Ang–!"[break][break]

But he was gone.

[break]

TOTAL: 510 MP[break]
+ 10 MP for assisting another character/pkmn[break]
+ 50 MP for getting your pkmn knocked out[break]
+ 100 MP for completing a mission[break]
+ 250 MP for "tying" a mission[break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 7:18:49 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
They manage to punch a path through with Zulu's enhanced hydro cannon, however they lose in the process...

Up ahead the light shines, their goal within reach and Angelo tempts fate by letting out a sigh of relief. Nearly freed from his cavernous prison. Just one last push, then they'd be free. 

Turning back to ensure he'd be reunited with the rest of his team soon, Angelo and his dragapult lurch back to avoid the bite of the blizzard. Its cold biting furiously. 

Gideon isn't so quick. 

Angelo snatches out a hand, too. “Shit, professor!

Bathed in the light of the outside, so close, the pilot turns back to the yawning mouth of the cavern where had disappeared. 

Angelo would have to wait a little longer to feel the open skies again...

TOTAL MP: 470
terastallization (10 MP)
assisting another character (10 MP)
completing a Postdormitum Mission (100 MP)
"tying" a Postdormitum Mission (250 MP)

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 1:22:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: