6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
gartic phone [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 19:00:55 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
turning his head, kyle's expression turns a little bit brighter when he finally sees a face that doesn't immediately turn aggressive.

"ah, soldier, good timing!" surprise takes over soon after. "oh wait. my bad."

there are faces that one eventually recognizes even if kyle doesn't talk to them, akin to somebody you share your daily commute with. the only difference is instead of the commute, it's the battles for the region's existence.

this person in front of him doesn't seem to be one of them, though.

"well, forget about that. just to make sure, you're not with rocket, right?"

he has his hypno standing beside him and the interdream zone mist flowing from behind him. the only thing that would be going for him would be those in front of him, namely this man.

10 mp per ic post in a postdormitum battle/mission.

postdormitum: comms
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 19:33:42 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gideon-wrap"]
[attr="class","gideon-main"]
[attr="class","gideon-words"]

What the hell was happening?? All of a sudden the cave had started swarming with paramilitary personnel, some obviously LEAGUE and others…[break][break]

... Rocket?” Gideon practically croaked out. This was the first somewhat normal looking guy he’d come across, yet he was accusing him of being a part of a terrorist organization.[break][break]

Wait, hold on. Was he actually that normal? Now that Gideon was looking, the man’s face was kind of familiar. Wasn’t he one of the Elite Four? Or a Gym Leader? What was his name…[break][break]

Chad Valdez or something like that?[break][break]

No, uh. I’m a scientist. Gideon Graves,” He introduced himself, his tone unsure and apprehensive. “What… is happening right now?

[attr="class","gideon-notes"]

[break]
• postdormitum: comms[break][break]

TOTAL: 60 MP[break]
+ 50 MP for participation in a PD battle/mission[break]
+ 10 MP per IC post in a PD battle/mission[break]

[attr="class","gideon-pkmn"]

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap b] color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-pkmn] margin-top: -20px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 8px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 2:48:53 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he tilts his head, wondering if he should be trusting the words of a stranger who wandered accidentally in the thick of things, but he decides to shrug it off. he seemed genuinely confused, and he'll just blame his lack of skill in reading people if it backfires.

"rocket is starting a treasure hunt and, well, league doesn't want them to have it." it's an oversimplification of the situation that makes sense to him. "you're in their playground, friend."

he takes one glance around the area before turning back to gideon.

"ah, i'm kyle. nice to meet you." he would say lopez, but he's too used to casual greetings that the surname gets lost in his introductions sometimes.

10 mp per ic post in a postdormitum battle/mission.

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 20:02:59 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

"Nice to meet you too." Given their surroundings, it really was. Hopefully Kyle has better battling chops than I do, Gideon thought silently to himself. He could use all the protection he could get.[break][break]

"A treasure hunt...?" In their playground. What a delightfully blithe way to describe the gritty chaos that was erupting all throughout Granite Cave... and beyond. "Wait, the rift?"[break][break]

It had to be.[break][break]

"There's something beyond the rift that Rocket wants, then." All logic pointed to this conclusion. "Do you know what it is?

[break]

TOTAL: 70 MP[break]

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-pkmn] margin-top: -20px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 8px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 10:28:31 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yup. it's a seal stone, or something like that."

there's no point trying to hide information anyways. any third party will most likely get their information from volunteers sooner or later, while rocket already has this information on hand.

"do you know anything about it, graves?"

he would call him gideon, but graves was so much more cooler to say.

at this point, kyle tries to drag the conversation for as long as possible before he has to get to work. he can always blame his absence on the field by saying he got distracted with a civilian who wandered around in the most inopportune timing.

30 mp per ic post in a postdormitum battle/mission.

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 2:10:41 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

SEAL STONE.[break][break]

Gideon committed the term to memory. He pondered what about a simple stone could motivate the kind of violence happening around them, but the possibilities were so nebulous there was little point to it. More information was needed.[break][break]

"... I don't, no." The professor's eyes flashed with curiosity and he was unhesitant as he continued, "Do you?"[break][break]

He tucked a knuckle thoughtfully into the dimple of his chin. "What stone could possibly be so valuable that it would incite all of... this? "

[break]

TOTAL: 80 MP[break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 13:59:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle shrugs. it wasn't something he's heard before too until lately. he barely knows anything about it, but the little he know about, he does share.

"something about arceus? like his plates? you can already guess how bad it's going to spell for us if the other side manages to find it."

he wasn't really big about the lore behind arceus, nor any legendary that do not directly correlate to the problem hoenn is currently facing, but he might just do his homework and read up something right after this day if he does survive it.

"i didn't really know much. do you?"

40 mp per ic post in a postdormitum battle/mission.

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 1:52:27 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

Gideon had not been expecting that response from . The furrow in his brow deepened as he delved further into his thoughts.[break][break]

When myth mixed with reality, the resulting uncertainty almost always bred chaos. Any small amount of power linked to the supernatural seemed to draw out the worst sorts of people, even if it wasn't guaranteed.[break][break]

Wars had been started for less – obviously.[break][break]

"... Hmm, not much, admittedly. Anthropologically speaking, Arceus is deeply rooted in the creation myth of several religions."[break][break]

Gideon exhaled deeply as he parsed through the thoughts running through his mind.[break][break]

"Some texts describe the Plates as having inscriptions penned directly from the god itself, others that they represent the very forces of nature that Arceus had created."[break][break]

His eyes flicked back upwards to meet the champion's own.[break][break]

"Whatever the case may be, you're right, it certainly wouldn't be good if it fell in Rocket's hands."

[break]

TOTAL: 90 MP[break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 9:00:59 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"...from the original one..."

he finds himself reciting the words inscribed on the plate he possesses himself, but it's a passing thought given the circumstances they were currently at.

"well, whatever the case, it's better if we-"

the hypno he has been walking around with gets shot down by a long ranged move. the pokemon falls on the ground, knocked out cold, that kyle has to recall it back to its ball.

"shit, let's get back to the outpost. i'll lead the way."

a manectric is sent out to replace the hypno. mega evolution immediately takes place, and alongside it was a quick usage of a z-move. it might be excessive, but it was difficult not to think of imminent danger with paranoia creeping in his thoughts.

a rain of thunderbolts raze the area where the attack came from. what can be perceived as an artillery fight between the two was simply cover fire for kyle and gideon to run away from their exposed location.

50 mp per ic post in a postdormitum battle/mission.
10 MP for incorporating the realm's mutations or feelings of paranoia in a thread.
10 MP use mega evolution in your thread.
10 MP use a z-move in your thread.
50 MP for getting your Pokemon knocked out.
100 MP for completing a Postdormitum Mission.
50 MP for participation in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission.
300 MP for losing a Postdormitum Battle/Mission.

total 580 MP

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 0:05:12 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

Somehow, for the few minutes he'd spent talking with , Gideon had forgotten he was still in an active warzone. The guy just exuded a calmly aura or something.[break][break]

That all hit the fan once his HYPNO got sniped and a barrage of attacks started coming out of nowhere. Gideon didn't even think to join in the fray, instead taking Kyle up on his offer to lead them to safety.[break][break]

"R-right! I'll follow your lead!" The professor stammered, sticking to Kyle's shadow as they headed toward the outpost.

[break]

TOTAL: 500 MP[break]
+ 100 MP for completing a PD mission[break]
+ 300 MP for "losing" a PD mission[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 0:18:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: