Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
magnolia
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 20:59:58 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Her gaze found his.
[break][break]

"It was a lot," she admitted through a pained expression. There weren't many other words to describe the reminder of guilt a ghost may force upon the living.
[break][break]

"I-"
[break][break]

Again, her words were stolen from their conclusion.
[break][break]

'and you're dating one of them? Can you really go much lower, Penelope?'
[break][break]

The voice echoed through her head. This time, however, it held no physical body.
[break][break]

'What about making a change, huh? What about your promise to me, Ms accountability? What a joke.'
[break][break]

That's not fair, she wanted to scream back, but silence clipped her tongue short. Instead, she closed her eyes tight.
[break][break]

"I need to get out of here, Matias. This place - it keeps fucking with me."
[break][break]

'Fucking with you? Like how you're fucking Matias Silph? The fucker who purposely let Sootopolis fall to rocket?'
[break][break]

The voice grew louder. Visceral anger leaked through its echoing vibrations, forcing Penny to hunch forward from its sheer intensity.
[break][break]

' you remember that, don't you? "some deaths don't mean as much as others" - he said that about people like me. About people you are supposed to be protecting.'
[break][break]

No. No. No. No. No.
[break][break]

It wasn't like that. She needed POWER ENVY to seek the VICTORY she promised her. Her sacrifices weren't enough - her morals, her autonomy, her truth, it mattered little in front of the gaping trench that separated her from the other monsters she sought to slay.
[break][break]

Give in to reality and accept the damage done, or push forward and further the risks in hopes of achieving something. Anything.
[break][break]

Was she so strong for choosing the ladder?

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
magnolia
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 15:39:32 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"tell me about it."[break][break]

he breathes out a chuckle, equally as tired of this place as she is.[break][break]

"good news is, dawn's approaching, which means the battles are coming to an end. we've won, i think."[break][break]

but it's hard to tell.[break][break]

with a tug on her hand, he starts leading them in a direction he assumes to be the way out of the mist. but from experience, it's never that easy.[break][break]

eventually, he breaks the silence with a question.[break][break]

"what's she saying?"[break][break]

he looks over.[break][break]

"evelyn. you hear her voices in your head, right?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
magnolia
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 4:26:05 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Matias' gentle words were no more than whispers against the hurricane of hurt that tore into her. Without his touch tethering her back to him, she might've forgotten his existence altogether.
[break][break]

"She's..."
[break][break]

'Tell me, Penny, was it worth it,' the voice sneered back at her, ripping the words from out of her mouth. 'was he worth it?'
[break][break]

Since joining Council, she'd spent her days making every day worth the sacrifice. From her engagements with fellow members under the League to her pointed initiatives designed to put an end to Rocket's grasp on the region, heavy calculation was built into every second she'd spent walking through those porcelain halls.
[break][break]

, , - the three people she'd spent the better half of her tenure growing close to. Could she even call them friends? For as long as she could remember, the idea of future benefits always strung up their conversations. Every interaction held a possibility of some sort of positive usage. It was hard, discarding one's own personal feelings, but Penelope's position within the council earned her that throne of self-isolation. It urged her to take these selfish, self-motivated decisions.
[break][break]

But it was okay, because she had .
[break][break]

But now that was gone. All of it was gone, burnt to the ground.
[break][break]

What could've been, what was - none of that mattered, because she'd gone and thrown it all away, rendering her initial sacrifice worthless.
[break][break]

"tell me -- power, strength, results -- what good is it all if you can't use it to persuade others to your side?"
[break][break]

Her own words to tasted like lead on her tongue. A bitter reminder of the woman she wanted to be, compared to the one she'd become.
[break][break]

For what? For him?
[break][break]

Finally, she turned to stare at the crux of her inner turmoil.
[break][break]

"She's telling me I'm a monster."
[break][break]

And that you're one, too.

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
magnolia
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 4:33:40 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

a bitter laugh escapes him, drenched with his own complicated history with the word. how many times has he been called that from those in this region? in kanto, he had been a war hero, a decorated and seasoned soldier who fought and bled for his home. and here? it feels as though his worth is tied to his power.[break][break]

what will become of him when he is no longer able to fight? when he ceases to be of use?[break][break]

the thought weighs on his mind; for both the league, and groudon.[break][break]

"it's easier for them to deem us monsters because they won't go to the lengths that we do. they don't sacrifice as much as we do. they fear what we have, the power we possess. you should be glad to be called a monster."[break][break]

he holds her gaze, uncompromising.[break][break]

"it means you're on the right path."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
magnolia
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 4:50:37 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The voices didn't stop. They'd only serve to continue, a constant murmur of sound buzzing around her ears.
[break][break]
Still, she managed to lean into Matias and allow his words to take control.
[break][break]
"How do you do it?"
[break][break]
She yearned for that uncompromising confidence. That unfaltering gaze.
[break][break]
Licks of ENVY crawled up her stomach and her face twisted into one of vulnerable hope.
[break][break]
"How can you be so sure?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
magnolia
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 4:57:23 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

because he's come too far to ever think about turning back. even a step away means giving up what he has, the power he holds. if he is forever to be labelled a monster, then so be it.[break][break]

he'll survive all of them.[break][break]

"what's the alternative?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
magnolia
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 5:13:15 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

what was the alternative?
[break][break]

To wallow in doubt? Allow self-pity to consume her mind, drawing her to madness?
[break][break]

The decisions were done. The deals have been made. And now the fire of resolution looked to burn through all the guilt that piled.
[break][break]

Maybe, in ashes, it would become far lighter to carry.
[break][break]

"You're right."

[break][break]

There was no answer to the questions forced onto her. But maybe there didn't need to be one.
[break][break]

'He's wrong!'
[break][break]

The voice returned to her side, but this time, it came from one far different than the ghoul who haunted her prior. This version of evelyn was kinder, softer - more akin to the woman she remembered. The best friend she missed.
[break][break]

Fuck fuck fuck. This was all so fucked.
[break][break]

'You can still fix things, Penny. Leave him. Leave the council. Go back to HBS and fulfill our promise.'
[break][break]

Without thinking, she twisted her body in the opposite direction and bellowed out a response. The heat of memories were enough to force anyone tired, especially someone nearing the brink of sanity.
[break][break]

"I can't!"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
magnolia
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 9:14:33 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

she whips away from him and yells out into the mist, her words to be lost within them forever.[break][break]

he is not privy to all that plagues her mind the same way she isn't privy to his. but he understands better than anyone else ever could how much of a struggle it is to keep one's mind sane.[break][break]

it's always harder alone.[break][break]

after a moment of silence, he squeezes her hand once more, looking to reassure her.[break][break]

"what she says should not matter."[break][break]

except the words leave him blunter this time, perhaps PARANOIA getting the better of him.[break][break]

"she's dead."[break][break]

[break]

50 MP for participation in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission.[break]
100 MP for completing a Postdormitum Mission.[break]
10 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon.[break]
10 MP for incorporating the realm's mutations or feelings of paranoia in a thread.[break]
10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. x12[break][break]

TOTAL: 290 MP

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
magnolia
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 13:49:29 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Evelyn might've been well beneath the ground, but her words still flickered with the spark of life. Intensified by the creep feeling of paranoia, these words lived inside her. Termites shredding through wood.
[break][break]

Penelope's grip tightened to Matias' reassuring squeeze, and with one tug, she forced herself closer to him.
[break][break]

"Let's go. Now now now now now."
[break][break]
If he were to look down at her, he would come to see a quivering shell of the proud councilwoman he'd arrived to. Dots of tears were nestled into the corner of her eyes, threatening to spill over with every additional shudder that ran through her body.
[break][break]

A shaky breath forced it's way out.
[break][break]

"I can't-- I can't take this anymore."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
magnolia
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 13:56:19 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

he does look down at her, and he doesn't recognize the person he's holding. this isn't the councilwoman he's come to know (and love), this must be who she was before she met him. before she became stronger.[break][break]

it's an unbecoming sight.[break][break]

"we'll get out of here but for now just focus on me. me, not evelyn, me."[break][break]

because he's the only person that should matter.[break][break]

the mist swirls as he speaks, as though reacting to his words. this time, they call out to him.[break][break]

[break]

10 MP for incorporating the realm's mutations or feelings of paranoia in a thread.[break]
10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. x13[break][break]

TOTAL: 300 MP

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
magnolia
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 14:07:24 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Matias had been mistaken. This display was as much as anything else he'd seen of her. Raw, emotional, full of doubt - the only difference was, before, these pieces were always kept in checked. Locked behind gates upon gates of security.
[break][break]

Somehow, through his voice, it became easier for her to find solid ground. Hand still tethered to his, she swiped the back of her arm across her eyes, scrubbing away the loose tears and smudges of weakness.
[break][break]
"Okay," she rasped, voice a still low rumble. "I'll try."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
magnolia
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 14:37:41 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

with a nod, he kisses her forehead before turning to address the swirling mist that always seems to appear at the most opportune time. it materializes in the form of looking exactly how she had done just moments earlier.[break][break]

he tugs penny away, ignoring the mist.[break][break]

"oh? you found her after all. was she everything you were looking for?"[break][break]

"shut up."[break][break]

the mist follows them, clinging to them.[break][break]

"what do you see in him, councilwoman?"[break][break]

[break]

10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. x14[break][break]

TOTAL: 310 MP

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
magnolia
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 14:49:44 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The question the mist called out is no different than the one her own ghosts provoked. Though, this time, the frail, bitter voice of the head scientist evoked a greater sense of immediate guilt. A weighing sensation that felt no better than a stack of bricks being pressed onto her chest.
[break][break]

No. Not again.
[break][break]

She squeezed her eyes closed and allowed Matias' footsteps to act as her guide.
[break][break]

All attempts of contact were met with a brisk walk forward.
[break][break]
'answer her, penny,' another shadow whispered, but again, she managed to shake it away. Again and again, until they escape this hell hole.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] @charname [break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
magnolia
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 14:58:09 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the voices never grow quieter. they persist, invading the air around them until they'll eventually have no choice but to react.[break][break]

"we found you a while ago, you know. when you were lost in the mist."[break][break]

"stop."[break][break]

"but he didn't go to you. he chose to stay with me. why was that, councilwoman? was it because i'm who he truly loves?"[break][break]

[break]

10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. x14[break][break]

TOTAL: 310 MP

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
magnolia
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 16:18:35 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

This time the words stuck. Like arrows, they've found their mark along her back. One after another.
[Break][break]
Eyes blinking open, wide and wild, they searched the ground for any semblance of relief. Instead, they only discovered further confirmation to the words she feared most.
[Break][break]
The gash on his ankle - its stitched looked awfully fresh. Work of a professional, no less.
[Break][break]

"She's telling the truth, isn't she?"

[break][break]