fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
alone at sea [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 22:21:10 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gideon-wrap"]
[attr="class","gideon-main"]
[attr="class","gideon-words"]
He'd escaped.[break][break]

But... the adrenaline was fading. Pain, agonizing and debilitating, rose to take its place. His face, his chest, his entire body felt bruised and bloodied.[break][break]

Gideon couldn't find the strength to continue running. Couldn't ignore the pain anymore. [break][break]

He needed to rest. If he didn't stop now, he felt like the fire in his lungs would burn through him.[break][break]

The professor braced himself against a nearby rock face and slumped to the ground. Against his will, his eyes fluttered closed. [break][break]

I'll only rest a minute...
[break]

... just... a minute...

[attr="class","gideon-notes"]

[break]
• postdormitum: interdream[break][break]

TOTAL: 60 MP[break]
+ 50 MP for participation in a PD battle/mission[break]
+ 10 MP per IC post in a PD battle/mission[break]

[attr="class","gideon-pkmn"]

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap b] color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-pkmn] margin-top: -20px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 8px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 21:32:55 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Remnants of previous battles cling to Skyler, though not quite in the same way that they do  . A propensity for violence lends her a wild, savage look contrasted only by the lack of - visible - battle injuries.

When she casts a glance towards the battlefield, it is less with the intent of healing and more with the grim determination to push past enemy lines. And yet, her eyes are drawn towards a slumped figure. One that, upon closer inspection, she discovers to be fairly familiar.

Skyler's Dhelmise Phantom Forces them over, and the captain immediately crouches down to examine the man.

"Professor...? What the hell are you doing here?" This was no place for untrained civilians.

Calloused fingertips drag under his chin and over shapely jawbone, gently yet firmly tipping 's head back to get a proper look. "Shit, someone did a number on you, didn't they?" 

Her voice is a ragged imitation of itself, even as a soft whisper. 

"Hold still." 

Aqua Rings come to life around , seeping into cuts and bruises. It doesn't take long for the professor's flesh to knit back together, for purple to make way for healthy, unblemished skin. 
close tab

played by

light

he/him
october 31st
lilycove city
bisexual
rocket's errand boy
grunt
5 height
5 height
i'm here for a good time not a longtime, compa!
awards
27 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nicolas
nicolas rivera
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 4:34:13 GMT
nicolas rivera Avatar
"thunder wave."

[break]

a beam of energy surged in a single wave. the wave wasn't powerful enough to paralyze them for it served as a warning. the electricity from the thunder wave was used to cancel out the healing water. with a hand in his pocket and a smirk upon his face. the rocket grunt donning a purple bandanna around his left bicep eyed the pair from afar.

[break]

"sorry to interrupt your date, but this is as far as you go grandma and grandpa." a masculine voice would emerge. nicolas, together with his pikachu and sceptile at his side, eyed the duo. in his non-pocketed hand was a random league body that he would toss their way. "bought you a present, though! don't worry, they're still alive. i'm not a killer or anythin'." he'd come to fall upon his butt to let out a sigh of relief.

[break]

"ahhh, i'm beat."

[break]

he nonchalantly spoke, "you two got any water on you? or somethin' to eat?" nicolas would proceed to rub his stomach, "i'm so hungry. fighting works up an appetite..." he'd then take notice of 's wounds. "oh man, you don't look so good. you mind not dying in front of me? that'll be such a total vibe killer, dude." the rocket grunt raised a hand to lazily wave them off. "anyway, i just got out of one big battle. i don't think i need to get into another one right now." as long as they didn't try to get in rocket's way.

[break]

"i'm just here to be an obstacle, don't make this any difficult then it should grandma." speaking toward , she looked to be the healthiest between the pair. the last thing he wanted to do was beat up the elderly.
[break]

note: hi, teach my new brat a lesson.

⚰︎ divider made by milky!

@tagged in post!

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 19:55:47 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
It felt a bit like being submerged underwater. Gideon thought he heard a voice, muffled and murmuring, but it faded in and out enough to be inconsequential. He felt the tactile sensation of fingers gripping his chin, but couldn't muster the will to even respond. [break][break]

Limp and wordless, Gideon felt himself slipping away into the sea. It was dark and heavy, but muted the pain he'd felt mere moments before. [break][break]

Just a few more minutes...
[break]

Suddenly, tendrils of light enveloped the darkness, thrust away the heavy fog, and wrested him upwards. [break][break]

Disoriented, Gideon's eyes snapped open and he inhaled sharply, the one eye not swollen shut looking wildly around. What he found was... .[break][break]

"W-what..?" Healing water wrapped around the professor's mangled body, soothing his many wounds. "Captain Dross..?"[break][break]

His internal injuries had begun to heal first, a punctured lung the most dire of the lot. She'd saved his life, though he didn't realize it in the moment. [break][break]

Unfortunately, Skyler's medical attention would be cut short by the appearance of an enemy ROCKET - an especially theatrical one at that. Still unable to properly move, Gideon looked to his business partner for help. He'd seen the kind of talent had for battle.[break][break]

Did his wife have the same capability?

[break]

TOTAL: 70 MP[break]

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-pkmn] margin-top: -20px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 8px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 20:49:49 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Of all the things Skyler could've taken issue with, the one that annoys her the most is how offensively verbose the Rocket grunt is. While she does perceives him as a threat, his verbal diarrhea causes her to tune out most of his speech.

Here's the facts, her brain provides her. One, he's interrupted her healing. The Professor is still too much of a wreck for Skyler to feel comfortable leaving him behind, so she won't. Two, it seems as if the Rocket is by himself, save for the League official that he'd all but dumped at her feet. Alive, apparently.

And three, who the fuck was this guy calling a grandma?!

From her crouched position, Skyler makes sure to gently prop against a nearby rock. "Alright, Professor? I don't think you're in danger of dying anytime soon, so if you'll just wait a minute." She pats his shoulder, as if saying 'good job on not expiring', before rising to her feet.

She takes a step forward, just enough to make sure she stands between and the two others. A shadow falls over the fallen individuals, edging ever so slowly forward in the gloom. Its maw parts into endless rows of razor-sharp, barrel-sized teeth.

"First of all," Skyler drawls, "fuck you." The sheer casualness of her voice is in almost direct contrast to the violence brewing behind her lopsided smile. "Second of all, fuck off."

He'd asked for water, hadn't he?

A slight tilt of her chin materializes a water spout behind the Rocket, and it pulls back like an adder before attempting to ram into the man and his pokemon.

At the same time, a pokeball bursts forth to release a fluffy-eared Lopunny, scars and eyepatch and all.
close tab

played by

light

he/him
october 31st
lilycove city
bisexual
rocket's errand boy
grunt
5 height
5 height
i'm here for a good time not a longtime, compa!
awards
27 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nicolas
nicolas rivera
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 22:47:37 GMT
nicolas rivera Avatar
hearing the sound of water. nicolas, before he could finish looking back, would come to be met with an unexpected assault. he and the pikachu, together, tumbled. standing up quickly in both awe and shock, along with his pikachu, the pair would look at each other.

[break]

"shit!"

just his luck. he thought what he'd been witnessing before interrupting was an illusion, but it was real. talk about an unlucky draw. "this hag is a special-class, the one we were warned about." if that was her doing, which he could still barely believe, then he and pikachu were in for another workout. and this one was going to be a harder fight than the last.

[break]

"you wanna brawl, saggy tits. i'm gonna put you old timers to bed ahead of schedule, get'em pikachu!"

[break]

wiping his chin. he would grin as the woman would come to call forth her chosen pokemon. pikachu vs. lopunny, a battle that could go either way. "hit it with a thunderbolt, pikachu!" without delay, pikachu would release a surge electricity toward the lopunny.

[break]

note: pew, pew!

⚰︎ divider made by milky!

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 2:46:58 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

He needed time to gather his faculties. Life had yet to return to 's extremities, rendering him useless in the impending fight between and this ROCKET combatant. [break][break]

Still, he appreciated the care she took in propping him up. The reassuring pat to his shoulder was nice, too. Even small gestures in hell stood out tenfold.[break][break]

"I'm... alright." He winced. "Take your time." Hopefully she didn't, though.[break][break]

The shadow overhead made Gideon think the captain wouldn't be long, anyway. What kind of creature is that?[break][break]

Also, did water just appear behind the ROCKET? Out of thin air? Is this realm playing tricks on me?

[break]

TOTAL: 80 MP[break]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 15:36:27 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Saggy tits?!

Skyler's nostrils flare with outraged wrath. She has half a mind to just whip them out and to hell with being amid an all-out warfront. Her shoulders pull back and her already proud profile is accented by its full-breasted glory.

'Course, her thoughts flee elsewhere when a Thunderbolt strikes the bunny pokemon, static coursing through paches of frizzled fur. Clarabelle takes the hit and shakes herself, bunny ears swinging with the movement.

Leftover electricty coalesces into a tiny ball, which then grows exponentially in size - and Clarabelle with it. A stone set into Skyler's necklace flashes for a moment, and the glow fades away to reveal the form of a mega evolved Lopunny.

"I'll show you saggy tits, Stunfisk face."

When Lopunny surges forward to launch an Aura Sphere at the yellow rat, Skyler follows. She'd never been one to leave the pokemon to do all the heavy lifting, not when she could wreck havoc herself.

Besides, that grunt was asking to be punched - and Skyler was all too happy to oblige.

Her hand reaches into her pocket, and a Poison Barb is lobbed towards  , aided by a jet of water that materializes out of nowhere.

Above and the unknown League member, Kyogre's colossal shape keeps an ominous vigil. Its markings flare red for a moment when Skyler uses her powers, and it floats ever so closer to the battle, as if drawn to the conflict.

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 22:50:28 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

Saggy tits.[break][break]

He'd laugh if it didn't feel like being stabbed a million times over. [break][break]

Still, despite the obvious provocation, handled herself expertly on the battlefield. Gideon's awareness was returning - the darkness around the edges of his vision abating - and he watched with mild surprise as she demonstrated her... powers?[break][break]

Umber eyes slid from the sea captain to her giant blue whale. A lightbulb goes off and realization hits, albeit sluggishly.[break][break]

Ah. She's an Avatar. Then that must be...[break][break]

KYOGRE.
[break]

Hoenn lore described such a beast. He'd grown up hearing stories surrounding the clash between land and sea. It was obvious, now that he looked.[break][break]

What wasn't obvious, however, was the misty pink tendrils that had begun to snake their way up from behind him. In fact, the professor didn't even notice the curious fog pooling around where he'd been propped up.

[break]

TOTAL: 90 MP[break]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 12:02:39 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Aura Sphere crashes against the nearby bedrock, sending shards of shale flying outwards in all directions. Skyler raises her arm to protect her face against the plumes of disturbed dirt, muscles coiling in anticipation. Fully expecting some sort of retaliation on the Rocket's part. Anticipating it, even.

Clarabelle does the same, ears twitching on the lookout for any signs of movement. When nothing immediately rushes out to attack them, Skyler lowers her arm. Eyes squint. A deep groove carves itself between her eyebrows as the dirt dissipates.

There's no one there.

"What the actual fuck."

The Lopunny seems equally befuzzled about the unfurling events, a single pink eye looking to her captain for direction.

Skyler approaches the cracked bedrock and does her best to stiffle the dash of disappointment. Did he teleport away, maybe? Went to request reinforcements?

"He might still be around, 'Belle." A faint undertone of paranoia weaves into her words. "Gotta sniff him out."

She hasn't forgotten about or the other unconscious League operative, but being under Kyogre's shadow had proved to be a good enough deterrent for any wannabe kidnappers. Just not, apparently, whirls of pink mist.

"All good, professor?" She doesn't look back as much as throws the words over her shoulder.
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 15:23:24 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

Unfortunately, was not all good.[break][break]

While Skyler took care of business, once again the professor allowed his guard to fall. He'd felt secure in the safety someone of her abilities could provide. As instructed, he'd waited for her to finish with the ROCKET threat.[break][break]

And she did. But would never hear the reply she was looking for after the fact.[break][break]

At some point in the chaos, the pink, misty tendrils had pounced, ensnaring his limbs - even covering his mouth - and pulling him further into the Ultra Deep Sea. [break][break]

He hadn't even been able to scream.

[break]

TOTAL: 500 MP[break]
+ 100 MP for completing a PD mission[break]
+ 300 MP for "losing" a PD mission[break]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 16:23:00 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
He isn't there.

Skyler blinks slowly, as if her vision would correct itself between one blink and the next. This happens several times before the cogs in her brain are jolted into motion and confirm that yes, the professor's is, in fact, gone. Disappeared. Poofed away.

"Are you fucking kidding me."

She steps over the fallen League operative (she'll get to them later) to inspect the curling tendrils of mist falling back into the open maw of a nearby cavern. There's no trace of except for the slight indentation where he'd been propped up against the rocky outcropping.

A suspicions glare is aimed towards the mist. Last time Skyler had stepped into something like it, she'd ended up crushed under a collapsed cave. If not for her powers, she would've died.

Had the professor even been real? She'd healed him, for certain. And yet...

A ragged cough draws her attention back to the other person in need of her help. Practical concerns immediately jump to the forefront of her brain, and she turns to kneel down by the person's side, Aqua Rings at the ready.

Skyler doesn't know if is alive. If he's okay - she certainly hopes so. But she'd done everything she could - it was his turn to fight now.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 21:08:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(NO REWARDS)