Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Tooth and Nail [Postdormitium]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 15:16:34 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Rock and stone, rock and stone, rock and stone...

It's all bloody rock and stone. Everywhere you go, it's rock and stone, caves and tunnels, a neverending network of desolate places that look the same. You've been wandering around aimlessly for... Well, you lost track of time ages ago. Trying to keep any kind of coherent map or timeline in your head is like rolling a rock up a hill. It's just not worth the effort.

Luckily, after enough "exploring", you managed to find this place. It's not like the rest of the caves and tunnels: It's wide and sprawling and open. And while it's not lacking in rock and stone, it's got crystals, too. Colourful ones, dotted all about the places, erupting from the ceiling and the floor alike. Looking up, you even think you can see what might qualify for "daylight" in this realm. This seems like as good a landmark as any, so you decided to spare your sore feet and take a break here. You can rejoin all the scrapping and the brawling later. Right now, you're content to take a break, sit it out, get comfortable, and enjoy a cigarette in peace.

Or at least, you were. Nothing in this place is ever that easy, is it?

No, there's a bad omen in the air. You can feel it burning in your lungs, and that's not just the smoke and tar. You've got a sixth sense for trouble, a radar in your head for bad vibes, and you can feel them getting closer and closer with every passing second...

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Lyds
She/Her
May 12
Goldenrod City
Heterosexual
Unemployed
Cadet
Victory Runs in My Veins
awards
250 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lydiamagnusson
Lydia Magnusson
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 15:11:40 GMT
Lydia Magnusson Avatar
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]For those trying to sneak past League battle lines, the caves offered a potential path. The number of exits and entrances made monitoring them difficult. That was why they had set a number of patrols inside the tunnels. With her diminutive size, the veteran made a perfect choice for the narrower, shorter tunnels. While typically insulted by such implications, she understood the necessity of the decision.

A map on her phone guided her through the tunnels, her and her wolf’s ears peeled for signs of underhandedness. Bright blue eyes jerked to the left as Minerva wrinkled her snout in distaste. The hound jerked her head towards a place marked as the crystal cavern. With a silent nod, Lydia followed. “Hm.” From an entrance hidden behind a crystal outgrowth, Lydia and her hound watched. She took a moment to observe her potential opponent—aiming to compile what information she could.

The man(?) looked tired. Dust from the rocks and stones covered his outfit. Unlike typical combatants in war, he did not wear a uniform or a giant identifying badge. The young woman, meanwhile, was clad in a bulletproof vest with a League emblem on one shoulder and a badge of her former rank on the other. Satisfied this was no trap, the blonde made her presence known. ”Ahem.” The noise echoed around the cavern as she stepped out behind their crystal wall.

The dog at her side had her hackles raised, stones floating around her neck like a second collar. “Are you lost…sir?” It would be stupid to ask if he posed a danger to the region. Only fools and known terrorists would be open about such things. “We would be happy to accompany you to the checkpoint.” Whether you like it or not, was left unsaid but communicated by her steely eyes. At that point, intelligence would decide if he would be a prisoner or an ally.

Notes

• +50 MP thread start
  • +10 MP post

[attr="class","bisc"]

[newclass=.bisc b] color: #E1EFFF; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.bisc i] color: #E1EFFF; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 2:41:13 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Sure enough, break time's over.

You don't know who this lady is, nor do you know who she thinks she is, to be interrupting your relaxation like this. Luckily, that little badge told you all you needed to knew - She's the enemy. She's League, and you're Rocket, and by the rules of nature, one of you has to kill the other. Such is the nature of the glorified gang war you signed up to. Was getting to see another dimension really worth becoming a pawn in a power scheme so thoroughly beyond your comprehension?

Yes, and the answer isn't even close. Compared to all the withering drones back in Spikemunth, you're practically king of the world right now. As long as you can find a nice souvenir to commemorate your trip to the other side, you'll be more than glad to have been a foot soldier fed into the meatgrinder of petty conflict. Though, to that end, surviving is quite necessary, and if you want to survive, you'll have to overcome the woman in front of you, and her grizzly-looking mutt, too.

The bad news is, said mongrel is a problem. It's already out of its ball, and its already on high alert. You're not going to be able to get anything past that thing, no matter how hard you try. The goods news is, you can't say the same thing about its owner. No, the girl is either naïve or stupid, because she didn't immediately jump you the instant she laid eyes upon you. No, she seems to be under the impression that you're an average joe, caught in the crossfire, in desperate need of rescue. Just one of a thousand reasons why tossing that ugly little "R" pin they gave you in the garbage was such a swell idea.

So, it's time to put on the show. You like to think yourself more a rockstar than an actor, but hey, there's plenty of actors with habits just as bad as yours, right? And while they're making blockbusters, all you need to do is scam one idiot. You can pull this off, easy...

"Ah, yes, ma'am, that would seem to be the case." You mumble, putting on the dodgiest Hulbury accent you can muster as you pull yourself to your feet, turning to address the woman. "But, hm, hah, y'see ma'am... I can't leave just yet. Y'see, one of my Pokemon slipped the leash and I cannae find 'im for the life of me... Proper small bugger, he is, real quick type... Could'ya help me look for 'im? Please, ma'am..."

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Lyds
She/Her
May 12
Goldenrod City
Heterosexual
Unemployed
Cadet
Victory Runs in My Veins
awards
250 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lydiamagnusson
Lydia Magnusson
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 8:56:43 GMT
Lydia Magnusson Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"][attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Blue eyes narrowed slightly as the man began to speak. The icy mask she wore spoke of disbelief and judgment. Though, in truth, it happened to be the face she made while thinking. A fact that strangers were slow to catch on to. Most of them responded either with teasing or a general sense of intimidation. But, in Shred’s case, neither was needed.

Always the type to be heroic, Lydia immediately empathized with the blonde. Thousands of hapless civilians had fallen through the cracks in the extradimensional fabric. Children cried for their parents, clinging to beat-up Pokedolls in the middle of a warzone. Though the accent seemed strange, many people suffered speech impediments without being malicious. Though she reminded herself every civilian could be an enemy operative, refusing them help was difficult.

Which is why she made a decision to assist this strange man in his search. Though she did feel a need to mention a point of contention in the man’s choice of words. “The leash?” Her nose gave a bunny wrinkle. Pokemon were equals—things to be respected like the gods who created all. They were not to be tethered outside like a Rapidash at a rodeo or an unruly child. Brushing aside this philosophical difference (and the odd accent), she tried to focus on what was important.

The words used sounded like a euphemism, but people spoke so strangely. A ball was tossed at the ground.

“Heimdall. Find his…little guy.” A Lucario appeared near a large crystal, its eyes glowing red. He nodded to his trainer and friend. “He will handle the search for your friend.” She tried her best comforting smile. The dog saluted before beginning his investigation. “But we need to get you out of here.” The sound of battle—echoing around the tunnels in a cacophony—became apparent before it was snuffed out with a scream. “This place is dangerous.”

Minerva growled as her trainer turned to begin the trek back to the checkpoint. The sound was easily translated: ’ And, if you try any shit, so am I.’

Notes

• +10 MP for post

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #ACDEF7; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; border-top: 6px solid #ACDEF7;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #272727;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #ACDEF7;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 14:03:11 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Perfect. Not only is she an idiot, but she's gullible, too. If it weren't for the mutt following her around, you'd practically have this as good as won. Unfortunately, you don't, and that prick of a dog is standing between you and your cheap spot. Still, it could be worse. She still doesn't know you're bad news, and she bought your little lie about the missing Pokemon. You've got wriggle room. All you've got to do is find an opportunity and capitalise.

"Yes, ma'am, of course, ma'am."

So, you feign obedience, following along behind her and towards the exit. You don't want to wait too long, though. No, just a few seconds, enough that the Lucario is far enough away, enough that the Lycanroc to turn its gaze elsewhere, enough for the girl to get distracted with the prospect of navigating the caves.

Enough for you to take a step, to put her between you and her guard dog. Will her Pokemon be so eager to rip out your neck if it has to run through its trainer to do it? That's the gamble you're making. Granted, it's a cheap trick, but given the circumstances, why get expensive? There's no need for it. You've got the shot, now you just have to take it...

"Poison Jab."

The order leaves your mouth before Toxtricity even leaves its Pokeball, but by the time it does, its claw is already surging towards her neck, ready to win the fight before it even starts.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Lyds
She/Her
May 12
Goldenrod City
Heterosexual
Unemployed
Cadet
Victory Runs in My Veins
awards
250 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lydiamagnusson
Lydia Magnusson
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 15:23:54 GMT
Lydia Magnusson Avatar
[attr="class","samjermain"]The man’s composure surprises Lydia. As did his mindless obedience. Most of the civilians she’d encountered that day were downright hysteric. They had spent hours trapped in a world of their own nightmares or been fleeing from active gunfire. A hundred questions spilled out when they saw someone safe. This man seemed calm by comparison.

But, Lydia reminded herself, no two people were alike. Perhaps this man was like a box of TNT. He appeared safe enough until the fire reached his figurative core. Then all hell broke loose. “Lydia is fine.” The blonde murmured, cheeks coloring slightly. It seemed strange for someone older than her to use such a matronly name. As far as she knew, she was not his CO or old enough to qualify as a ma’am.

With a final glance—checking that Shred is following and not frozen in terror—she and Minerva turn away. The hound is a few steps in front of her trainer when the Toxtricity is summoned. “!!” Before Minerva can turn around, Lydia reacts. She sidesteps the strike, moving to grab the electric type at its elbow. With a grunt, she places her foot against its webbed one. Then, using the Pokemon’s momentum against it, she aims to throw it over her shoulder.

A thin scratch mars porcelain cheeks, dripping sluggishly onto the cavern floor. “That was ill-advised.” She seethd. "And underhanded."

Minerva whirls on Shred, obviously not amused. Blue eyes filled with a feral rage as her lips raised in a snarl. Though typically not one for attacking non-combatants, she felt this lily-livered, has-been rocker deserved it. In a blur of white and tan, she charged Shred with an Accelrock.

“!?” Heimdall, meanwhile, paused beside a rock. A little, terrified Sandshrew was clasped in his hands. Looking between the three in confusion, he tucked the ball of plates under one arm. His red eyes jumped between the parties before him, not entirely sure what to do. Should he give this little guy back or what? “Rio?” He queries as the fighting begins.

The Sandshrew struggles in his grip, surprisingly feral. 
Notes

• +10 MP for post

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #ACDEF7; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; border-top: 6px solid #ACDEF7;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #272727;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #ACDEF7;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 22:06:42 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"Hm."

You hadn't been expecting that. It seems like you've majorly underestimated this woman. Or maybe you've just majorly overestimated Toxtricity? Watching your Pokemon get flung to the ground stings a lot more when it's coming from a human, rather than a Throh. It's like seeing the behind-the-scenes of a movie. Really kills the mystique, y'know?

"Poor form, mate. Try harder next time, yeah?"

The lizard growls in response as it scrambles to its feet. You assume it's some kind of excuse, but honestly, you have no idea. You flunked out of your Languages course, among many others, but even then, you still get the gist. There's a certain tone to that snarl that tells you all you need to know.

But your sordid academic career and the intonation of your Pokemon are both secondary to the fact that there's a giant dog about to maul you like you're a Meowth slathered in bacon fat. Taking it head-on seems ill-advised, and unlike your opponent, you don't know your Judo well enough to throw it off like it's nothing. You need a plan, a smart one, or you're getting pasted across the floor.

But critical thinking was never much your strong suit, was it? Because if a fucking pig can do it, then you can too, and you can do it bigger, better, and flashier than any copper ever could.

So, with the split second of time available to you, you raise your leg and leap upward, aiming to counter the speeding mass of savagery and rock with the world's sloppiest jumping knee strike. For most people, this is the stupidest move possible. Even attempting it is unspeakably stupid. It simply doesn't work on so many different levels. But you? You're Shred Zeppelin. You do the unthinkable and perform the impossible. So, you clash with the attack, and--

CRASH!

--Are immediately sent flying backward, crashing through several colourful crystals, and into a wall. And you know what? It fucking hurts. It hurts so fucking bad. It's unreal.

But it was so cool, wasn't it?

You hear a panicked yelp and panicked scurrying towards your direction. That's probably Toxtricity, isn't it? Man. This is not the best work of your lovable duo act. Plan A and Plan B have both failed tremendously. So, as you lay on the floor, bruised and batter and in extreme pain, you try your very best to think of Plan C.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Lyds
She/Her
May 12
Goldenrod City
Heterosexual
Unemployed
Cadet
Victory Runs in My Veins
awards
250 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lydiamagnusson
Lydia Magnusson
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 1:42:09 GMT
Lydia Magnusson Avatar
[attr="class","samjermain"]Minerva pays no attention to your clumsy kick. Her mind is awash in an uncharacteristic anger, her whole world-view a big red slice of rocker wannabe. As she crashes into you, her claws dig into your chest. Her power kicks up as her attack carries you through crystals. Your ribs soften the final impact, the wolf using the expended momentum to launch herself out of arm’s reach. 

As Shred struggles to rise, she steps toward him. The rocks around her neck are jagged—sharp as obsidian knives. The look in those baby blues is more like something you’d see on a Midnight Lycanroc. It shows no mercy. Again, her lips peel back to reveal a row of vicious fangs. "Lycaaaaaaa...!" In her jaw, energy begins to accumulate. Beneath her feet, the crystals tinkle like the remnants of a broken glass.

The penny finally drops for Heimdall. There hadn’t been a lost Pokemon. Red eyes drop to the Sandshrew in his arms, slowly loosening his grip. Obviously embarrassed, he offers up an awkward grin. For his troules, he gets a ball of mud to the face. Wth a huff, the dropped roden races back to its hidey-hole. After a brief moment of analyzing the battlefield, he moves to gently insert himself between Lydia and and the poison lizard-frog thing. His right hand turns steel as he moved toward it.

Lydia holds up a hand for pause. From her belt, she pulls out a set of flexicuffs. “Do you surrender?” This question is punctuated by another snarl as the Lycanroc places a firm paw before you.

Notes

• +10 MP for post

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 2:25:45 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"I guess... I guess it's funny, huh...? It really does seem like I've lost... Doesn't it...?"

It's a redundant thing to say, but you're not talking because you want to. No, the only reason you're speaking right now is to buy yourself time to think. Every second counts, because you're outgunned and outmatched, but that doesn't mean you're outdone. You may be down, but you're not out, because you're going to get out, because you're not laying down for anyone. A sensible grunt might cut their losses and accept defeat, but that's not how you roll. No matter how dire the situation gets, Shred Zeppelin never gives up. After all, if you did, what kind of role model would you be to your soon-to-be-adoring public?

It's easy to see this is an uphill battle. Your body is totalled, which'll make running difficult, and Toxtricity doesn't match up well against either Lycanroc or Lucario, which means going down swinging is off the table, too. The situation seems bleak, but when you think about it, isn't that the saving grace of this mess? You're already fucked, and that means the gloves are off.

So it's time to take the biggest risk you can.

"BOOMBURST, NOW!"

Without hesitation, Toxtricity complies. Over the course of a second, his entire body tenses up, before an ear-bursting cacophony tears free from his throat. The colourful crystals vibrate and shatter, sending dozens of shards exploding out in all directions like shrapnel. The ceiling cracks under the sudden pressure, and stalactites come crashing down to the ground and sending out plumes of dust and debris. That is to say nothing of how viscerally unpleasant a noise it is to hear. Damaging? No, not particularly, but distracting? Yes, the carnage of sight and sound that it kicked up is just the spectacle you needed right now.

The bad news is you won't be running far like this. The good news is, you don't have to. Amongst the havoc, Toxtricity practically tackles you, sending you both tumbling for a moment, before the lizard regains his footing and begins to sprint towards the nearest exit, dragging you along with it. Even now, you can feel its pace quicken as it Shifts Gears, the ability to outrun his pursuers becoming the sole priority. Is he fast enough to outrun that Lycanroc? Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. All that matters is that you keep running until you're in the clear.

So, the two of you flee. Trainer and Pokemon, humiliated and defeated, fleeing from a fight, but alive and free. If nothing else, you both share that same cockroach-like survival instinct, that inherent urge to keep living in spite of an overwhelming lack of ability, talent, or skill. It's hardly admirable, but in this instance, you're glad for it.

So, you leave the battlefield behind. This can only be called an absolute defeat, but all things considered, you don't hate it... Not yet, anyway. The consequences of this failure are an issue for the Shred Zeppelin of the future. The present Shred Zeppelin, however, is content.

THREAD MP TOTAL:
10 x 5 MP = 50FP for IC Posts.
100 MP for completing a mission.
150 MP for completing a battle.
50 MP for participation in a battle/mission.
300 MP for tying the battle.
Total - 650 MP
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Lyds
She/Her
May 12
Goldenrod City
Heterosexual
Unemployed
Cadet
Victory Runs in My Veins
awards
250 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lydiamagnusson
Lydia Magnusson
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 3:25:31 GMT
Lydia Magnusson Avatar
[attr="class","samjermain"] "It does, yes." From her perspective, the conclusion seemed apparent. The stranger was one wrong move away from no longer having a throat. But she could hear the hints of rebellion in his voice. "But you seem to disagree." She lifted a hand to gesture the bipedal wolf forward.  "Heimdall!"

Before she can get an order out, the Toxtricity unleashes chaos. "Shit!" Both hounds flinch as the noise grows unbearable. Minerva snarls. Heimdall claps his paws over his ears. As he drops one hand, a bone appears in it. Before he can throw it at the retreating lizard, however, the crystals above him shatter. He bats most of these away, ending up with a few glittery wounds for his trouble. His trainer, meanwhile, hisses, the sharp gems cutting into her skin.

Minerva is temporarily blinded as a bright blue crystal cuts across her right eye. She paws at her face to free it of glitter and stones. When she looks up, the man and his Toxtricity are already in the tunnel ahead. With another Accelrock, the rock-type charges after them. But the Boom Burst had weakened the ceiling.

It collapsed. By the time she dug herself out, Shred and his wingman were long gone.

Notes

• +10 MP for post

Total (450 MP)

• +50 MP for post
  • +50 MP for thread
  • +150 MP for thread completion
  • +200 MP for win

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,148 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 21:46:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: