Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Fear and Loathing in Slateport [M]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 7:56:18 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

It’s a grungy little den on the wrong side of the town. There’s bad music playing on bass boosted speakers. There’s a place like this in every city. Slateport’s own little rat den. It’s another night in a city that insists you don’t need to sleep. [break][break]

Michael Navidson really needs sleep. It eludes him. It has for months now. He catches it like a military man. A nap here. A dream there. And then, it’s off to the races in the wasteland of reality. He’s just a little too old to be here. This is a teenager’s playhouse. Maybe it has some early 20’s losers. [break][break]

Whoever these punks are, they claim to be Rocket. They tag buildings with big, messy red R symbols. The tragedy is that whoever does it has talent. Undeniable talent. The League’s hired him to find out who did it. He gets authority he so rarely gets to wield: the power to make an official arrest. [break][break]

Navy hates that power. That’s the grand irony. He hates the Rockets for what they’ve done to Kanto, what they’re trying to do to his home. But, he hates pigs almost as bad. At least Rockets will just beat you or kill you. A cop will take years of your life away with a single slap of the handcuff. [break][break]
It’s why he went into private business. He wants to help the people who can’t help themselves. Well, here he is, busting up some kids. He looks the part enough to just raise a few eyebrows. Out of place, but in an awkward sort of way. [break][break]
Kids too young to drink are availing themselves of beer. It feels like just a house party. Navy cruises the house, waiting for the inevitable. Soon, someone will start bragging about their tags. They’ll say to hell with the League. There are those who call this part of the city gang land, but they don’t know what they’re talking about. [break][break]
Rocket and the League, they’re just two big gangs.
[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
pressure cooker's got me runnin out
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 9:17:46 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

He wore a white crewneck, black jeans, checkered sneakers. Messy white hair, silver chain necklace, and heavy wallet chain. His whole thing screamed "scene kid", but he wouldn't be caught dead at a teen house party at 22.

He's had his own share of sleepless nights, but that was years of being a touring musician. One meal a day, drive for 2 to 10 hours to the next town over. Sleep on someone's floor, while his bandmates huddled on the couch like sardines in a tin.

Frankly, any disdain from Michael could be bristled at, but understood. After all, Milo was with the taggers. Well, not with-them with them. He was off to the side, letting his Shroodle go for a little run. No leash. Milo was listening to his own bass-boosted music, but it was of a more despondent quality.

He had a tallboy of a hard cider in one hand. He was more of a... voyeur for crime, until Mint processed his application.

"It's been a dark summer cause I keep my blinds shut... Thinkin' that the weather make it better, it don't~"

He felt old. Out of place. Less so with the 19 year olds spray-painting, but still. Hell, Michael could look him up and see a litany of thefts. A bond paid by a Ranger, and a suspicious silence after that. Music career too. He was a former pop-punk powerhouse, an even more embarrassing thing to be as an adult man.

All the while he rolled his eyes at the people doing big Rs. Posers. Posers, every last one of them. None of them got an invitation from an admin like he did. Besides, they're supposed to keep a low profile.

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see someone waiting for a house party to spill over across the street. Milo nearly spilled his hard cider, stifling a laugh as he turned around. His Shroodle returned and sat at his feet, while he sat directly on an ashtray, back against the bricks. He elbowed a young man in a ribbed beanie and motioned for him to watch.

"Party's over. Aaaaaaaand look. Some of em are gonna be loud and get straightened out. Then they're gonna wheel out the nerd in class to talk to 'em. That guy's the scariest of 'em all. I was a shrimp, and I had to do some evil shit when I was that age."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 23:38:50 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Navy never got to party much when he was this age. Gabe saved him from all of that. It’s hard work, supporting a kid. Navy used to joke when girls giggled at him that he didn’t even get to do the fun part first. Most usually walked off with an awkward laugh after that.[break][break]
Look, everyone’s awkward when they’re a teenager.[break][break]
Some people grow out of it. Navy mostly has. Mostly. He snags a beer from the table. What the League doesn’t know won’t hurt them. It’s illegal to purchase alcohol for a minor. Nothing wrong at all with snagging one from them. He’s just recovering evidence, really. Walking around, he starts to see the big dogs of the party.[break][break]
Posers and punks. None of these kids could probably pass any sort of initiation into Rocket. The most he can see for some of them is being hired on as footsoldiers in one of the big battles. Sounds like a rotten lot in life, getting pulled into a fiasco like that. It’s the promise of the almighty dollar. He was in their shoes once. Desperate for cash. He’s done things he’s not proud of so that Gabe wouldn’t go hungry.[break][break]
He's just happy he fell into this whole private detective thing.[break][break]
Walking by some white-haired kid, he hears a snippet of decent conversation. Something about wheeling out a nerd. About doing evil stuff when he was that age.[break][break]
Navy pauses and looks to the guy. He’s still got a casual, easygoing air. As he sees it, there’s no need to put on a show or act better than the guy. Navy’s not a cop. Doesn’t have a badge. Best to play it cool, be just another partygoer ‘til the moment’s right for him to strike.[break][break]
Shit, man, me too. It’s hard making a living out here on these streets.” He invites himself onto the brick wall with the guy, drinking deep of the decaying dead bread in his can.[break][break]
Bet a lot of these kids would do somethin’ real stupid if someone dangled enough pokedollars and a big dream out in front of ‘em.” He sounds sad about that. Kids have a habit of dying and not even knowing what they’re dying for.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 0:26:42 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

The almighty dollar. Doesn't he know it. Milo went from a petty thief to a radio rock powerhouse, to a thief again. He had contacts in Rocket who'd vouch for him if he turned. He'd also alienate his best friend Josh, but the only thing people pray to is the dollar, and pray for a fuller wallet.

He could still post a money spread online, go band for band with anyone he knew. But being recognized as the Without Love guy was out of the question. It's hard being washed up at twenty-two. And with his frequent diva moments, he was more or less reliving the Terrible Twos of infancy.

"Don't I know it. We've all... done things we aren't proud of. --Hey, what's with the bread? I have a variety pack of ciders here. Apple-base is the standard, but we got orange and grapefruit too."

He said, offering a can to Michael across the concrete without letting him choose. Milo was a vodka man, straight paint thinner. But he had to pump the brakes before his stomach and heart crashed.

Michael posted up next to him, and Milo smirked. He seemed okay, for now. Milo leaned back, and noticed the ashtray he sat on. He then flinched and stood up, standing against the wall. He then tried to rub off and blend the stain before anyone noticed.

He'd then fake a cough, and blast a nicotine vape pen, giving the air a smell of artificial watermelon flavor. He kept it in his sleeve, and looked to Michael.

"Amen. I was like that at that age. I was in a band. Honor killed my dad, but we should all dare to dream. But he told me... Never settle for some. Go for ALL."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 0:57:37 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Hey, good lookin’ out, man.” Navy finishes off the beer, sits the can down on a table, and takes a cider. Notably, he doesn’t stop to check the flavor. Any port in a storm, as the Slateport sailors say. Anything to keep the wind out of your hair and Giratina off your back.[break][break]
Man, I feel old.” He admits with a laugh. “I made most of my big mistakes back when I was, let’s see. Fourteen? Fifteen? Then I got scared straight. Guess that makes me a poser.” Straight, of course, is subjective. Navy’s done things as an adult he isn’t proud of. He’s smuggled packages through ranger checkpoints. He’s investigated things for bad people.[break][break]
It’s a lesson he had to learn early, when he first started his practice. If a man comes in wanting a PI to investigate his wife, he’s probably no good. Paradoxically, if a woman comes in wanting the same thing, he simply accepts that the man must be a real piece of work. Chauvinism still exists, and it exists in Michael Navidson.[break][break]
Point being, he’s not straight. Not entirely. He wouldn’t be here if the people in the League thought he was too straight-laced. There’s squeaky clean gym leaders for all the above ground work. The Josh Devlins and Noah Fabers of the world. The Melody Miros and the Kyle Lopez were off saving the world, probably. Or dealing with corporate espionage. Who really knows how the rich live?[break][break]
He’s here. Sipping on cider in a bad party, watching a bunch of kids pat each other on the back.[break][break]
Go for all though, huh?” He tries not to remember his own father’s words as he looks to the guy with gunmetal eyes. “And what’s all for you, man?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 1:16:57 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

Michael opening up let Milo's guard down. His shoulders dropped, and he smirked. This was just like posting up with Kouji. While he certainly... swung both ways, girls didn't get him, but he and any man spoke a language only they knew.

Even between straight men, that's how it goes. Man to man, it's tragic. Brothers in arms. Every bad kid, straightened out or not, was his brother. Milo loved them all.

"If you were out there doing your shit... doing you... Nobody has a right to call you a poser. 'Specially not any tourist to the underworld. A square looking for kicks."

He said, before doubling over. Milo cackled at his other comment openly, hands on his knees. His body made a perfect 90 degree angle with the wall.

"You feel old? How old are you, twenty-five? Jonesing for the retirement home already, grandpa? Fuck that. Next time you're in town, I'm gonna buy you a vape pen and teach you how to skate."

He'd then openly hit his watermelon pen, holding it in. Smoke slowly left his nose in ribbons, as he made yet another peace offering to Michael. Frankly if Josh saw him now... turning back to crime, wasting his potential... Not being there to make him want to be better... Josh would be right to smack him across the face.

For now though, Milo was at peace. He and the other Rocket juniors were like kids hassling a substitute teacher. Adrian had every right to skin him alive. But him, that other wild-card, and that beautiful, evil redhead were just fine.

"I lived my dream long enough to outlive it. ALL means... to take on ALL the things you think you're capable of. Even if it all piles up infront of you. The consequences of my actions will catch up all at once, and kill me."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 1:41:26 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

I don’t go in for that vape stuff, man.” Navy chuckles. His expression turns serious at the rest of the words. Buried beneath the angst of youth, which he himself would never in a thousand years feel, there are profound points there. People like those in this room don’t just pop up. They’re made. They’re made in suburbs where they can find no satisfaction. They’re made in projects where there is nowhere to go except an early grave.[break][break]
There’s a fire inside all of them. A fire that burns. It grows out of control. It wants to burn this city. Burn it all down. Burn everything within. Including themselves. Until nothing is left of a world that would make them except ashes. Perhaps from the ashes, something better would grow. Navy doubted that. They all deserved better, but…[break][break]
Like an old Unovan movie said, deserve’s got nothing to do with it. You get the world you’re born into, not the one you deserve. The Silphs are just people who were lucky enough to win a dice roll. [break][break]
Well, let me just say, youngster.” He smiles. Despite all the misery he feels compounded by his brother’s death, his chains, and the world, he smiles. “You’ve got a few years left in ya before your actions catch up to you. Say…” There’s a glint of mischief in his eyes. An idea dawning on him.[break][break]
Got an idea. These kids, they’re not bad. Hell, look at how they wear these colors. Most of ‘em don’t even know what Rocket’s about. Wanna help me scare ‘em straight so they don’t end up getting themselves killed? Let’s call it doing some good for the youngsters. Plus, when they all take off, we can snag all the booze.

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 6:19:45 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

Milo nodded. Being young is pain, being old is missing it. When you could destroy your body, sleep around, and be evil while you're young enough for it to be socially acceptable. If he was still acting like a caged animal at 40, he'd confess all his sins and beg Navy to kill him.

"It keeps cigarettes outta my mouth. It's for those high-strung types. Hell... I snapped at someone the other day. Still need to workshop an apology."

While many an artist, Milo included, made their bones on alienation and youth... He had nothing to struggle against, truly. He had a lifetime of boredom and petty frustration, against which he acted out time and time again. His tattoos ran from his upper body with roses up to rings on either side of his mouth. He can never go back.

The two of them were lost in thought. Was it something he said? Milo finished his can. He stepped on it, making a perfect circle. He then glanced over his shoulder. The taggers, or... No, the kids partying. Either way, the opportunity to be a wild-card again hit his ear harder than getting his rocks off.

"I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down. We'll be doing them a favor, but we won't walk away empty-handed. Doing the right thing is it's own reward... but I'm no hero."

He didn't want to actually hurt anyone, but it was time to flex. Plus, if HE was waitlisted, there was no hope for these kids. Milo stowed away his Shroodle, and called his Zweilous. He slowly approached the house, cupping his hands around his mouth. He prayed that Navy wouldn't remember this.

"If you were all going to war with me, none of us would come back. Myself included. Rocket has no room for posers, psychos, goons, geeks. Have to be tough as nails, and willing, but not eager, to snake your friends. If you can't kill me now, go home. You're not gonna make it."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 5:45:52 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

The mood in the party shifts at the younger man’s words. It’s like a switch has been flipped. Something has abruptly changed in the party. There is no warning. All the kids, the wannabe tough guys, the Rockets who will never soar the skies, look to him and they have nothing to say. They’re unsure how to react to someone saying they should kill him to prove their worth.[break][break]
They’re youngsters who want something to believe in, not bloody murderers. And it’s their poor luck for being this way. A few make for the door, if only because the mood’s been killed for them. Maybe that other party across the street won’t have a psycho sitting there near the kings of the night, the taggers.[break][break]
Hold up, now.” Navy says while looking to the kid causing the ruckus. His words spread across the room, sweeping them all up. It’s the first time he’s spoken to someone besides his drinking buddy since he got to this little ratty shindig. His voice carries the baggage that comes from your mid-twenties. People look up, eager to see what he has to say.[break][break]
Not even the psychos can cut it. You should see some of the monsters the League has. Y’know all those gods you see in the churches? Take it from me. I saw some of ‘em fight from across a battlefield. They have those gods in their pocket. They kill indiscriminately. Shit, man, the stuff I saw. A Garchomp tearing a man alive. An ultra beast crashing out of the sky and crushing a Gyarados. I wouldn’t wish that hell on my worst enemy. If the Rockets don’t kill you, the League sure will.”[break][break]
The room’s silent at that.

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 6:58:58 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

Milo at this point was starting to have regrets, as the two neared the house. What good would two adults scaring a room full of kids straight do? Frankly, knowing there were disapproving adults egged him on, made him worse at that age. He was told to sit down and shut up until he raised hell.

The tenor of the party shifting with his words that he blurted out made him swallow a lump in his throat. But by now, the damage was done. Milo looked around, as Michael eyed the boy acting out the most.

Sticking out like a sore thumb, a grown man dressed like a teen surrounded like teens, was humiliating. He had the self-awareness to calm down, and stand in the doorway with his arms folded. The forlorn quality to him was painted on his face.

"...Go nuts. Just know that it isn't sustainable."

He was floored by Michael's speech. While Milo was a genuine criminal, of the sort Michael would build a file on, he had a growing sympathy for these kids in over their heads. That used to be him. So, he tried to send 'em home with something helpful.

"Every city could be a battlefield. Hell, this one used to be. If you want guaranteed respect, to be off-limits, you're gonna go to trade school. Be a nurse or work construction."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 7:17:27 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

These kids don’t know how to take the words of the adults. They see Navy for what he is, finally. An old, weary veteran. A veteran of precisely one battle, but they don’t need to know that. He’s a man that’s seen the world for what it is, and just how dirty things can get when you let yourself get involved with messes that go too deep.[break][break]
Fuck that, man.” One of the tagger punks pipes up. A kid with lots of metal in his face, a tattoo on his neck, and a terrible attitude. “I don’t care if Lopez himself rolls up on me. I won’t back d-” Navy silences the kid with a punch. Right in the nose. Sends him flying back against a wall.[break][break]
Everyone goes quiet. The kids are stunned.[break][break]
What’s the matter? You said that if the Top Champ was here, you wouldn’t back down.” Navy cracks his knuckles. “I ain’t Lopez. Ain’t nowhere near his level yet. But it looks to me like you’re backing down.”[break][break]
He feels bad when the teenager crawls up and he’s damn near crying. Sniveling. All the bravado drained out of him.[break][break]
What the f-f-fuck, man?”[break][break]
Navy nods back to his fellow too-old-for-this-shit partygoer.[break][break]
That guy has the right of it. You wanna show the League you’re top shit? Get a good job. Live a good fuckin’ life. And never, ever stop fighting. Not when the cops come. Not when the tax man comes. League. Rocket. It’s all just one big gang. And you gotta fight ‘em. Go to school, be better than this rat heap.

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 6:18:27 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

Milo at this point was starting to lose it. A young man pipes up all of a sudden, boasting that he could take on the world if he had to. Milo... still felt like that sometimes. Next thing you know, Michael socked a kid right in the face. Instinctively, Milo moved to stand between them, after the fact.

They had their fun, sure. But that energy, that collective "we" schooling these kids, started to fracture. Milo just had too much sympathy for young people, in over their heads.

He walked over, sitting on the toes of his checkered sneakers. He offered an empty pokeball, green with an orange trim. One fit for low-light environments. He sat it infront of the boy, and smiled.

"...There's nothing wrong with daring to dream. But you have to promise me. You're gonna get stronger. Earn that attitude. Find me, and let's battle. I earned my stripes when I was your age."

He then looked at the ground morosely. His silver hair obscured his face, as he hung his head for a moment. He seemed lost in thought, just putting two and two together. Maybe they had to do this. Just to give them something to compare themselves to, and a reason to get stronger.

Milo looked over his shoulder, peering past his bangs. He glanced to the kitchen and back to Michael. Now that the tension was diffused... Was it time to steal the booze and run?

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 9:26:16 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

The wave breaks and rolls back. For one moment, these kids thought they had what it takes. They thought they could beat the odds. Beat a League that doesn’t care about them. Throw their lot in with something that truly cares.[break][break]
And they are forced to behold strength. Navy is nothing. He is no Kyle Lopez, not yet. No Melody Miro, nor Katherine Fairburne. He’s just a guy with a big dream and a bigger mouth. For these kids to stand up against the world and the monsters that dwell far above this meager man, they will have to grow strong. Many will fail. Almost all of them give up immediately. They scamper back to their real lives – back to mediocrity and a quiet path that will never lead them to conflict with the League.[break][break]
The kid Navy punched takes that pokeball. He looks at Navy with hate in his eyes. He scowls and stomps out into the night. If he makes another appearance in the Navidson Report, it will not be for some time. The two are left alone in the house. Alone with their thoughts, their deeds, and a whole galaxy of liquor. That’s the small consolation. The paycheck from the League is just blood money.[break][break]
This is the good stuff. Navy walks into the kitchen and starts pocketing everything he can. They’ll have a fun night with this stuff, he knows that much.[break][break]
I dig what you said.” He says, not wanting to hear what he already knows – that he went too far. He thinks back to the most random day, four summers ago. When he lied to his brother to protect him, stopped him from making a mistake. It’s natural for children to make mistakes while they grow up. They have to, or they’ll stay a kid forever.[break][break]
He just wishes he’d had the courage to yell at his brother, all those years ago, before he did something stupid.[break][break]
At least he has booze.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 20:08:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: