He/Him
November 13
Mavuille
Bisexual
Layabout/Biker
Civilian
14 height
14 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
201 posts
Jett Roan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jett
Jett Roan
Reversion To The Mean
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 17:41:26 GMT
Jett Roan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Jett wandered through the cave, he was certainly lost, that much he was sure of now, another time lost in a cave…Today was a day filled with such a thing was it not? Even so, even right now, he and his Cyclizar were racing away, running as fast as his pokemon’s wheels could take him.
[break][break]
The chirrups, and screeches that echoed in the caves were the first sign of just what they were running from. The flapping of a myriad of wings. ”Darn it Bubby, stop trying to eat zubats.” He had to state it for clarity just one more time as more chased them, a whole swarm that he didn’t want to fight, he didn’t have the time to fight them.
[break][break]
The path he was on would end, but he turned, held onto his pokemon tightly, and curved into a more narrow path, someone was up ahead however. His Cyclizar roared as if to grab their attention. ”Hey hey hey! There’s a whole swarm of Zubats, start tailing it.” He shouted loudly.
[break][break]
Wait, did he know this person?

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

+Caves 2

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Reversion To The Mean
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 17:51:50 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"huh, what?"

kyle turns to what he sees to be a cloud of cave-dwelling pokemon behind a man and his cyclizar. he doesn't get what he meant at first, being too dazed from an entire day of overworking himself, until his mightyena beside him barks to snap him back to reality.

"oh, fuck!"

his eyes had been on the swarm the entire time that he doesn't take notice of the cyclizar's trainer before he turns around and does what he's told. he picks up his mightyena and books it, a bottle of potion clutched tightly on the other hand.

"how did you get so many of them?!" he shouts, asking the obvious questions, as he runs. "actually, scratch that. why?!"

postdormitum: cave
close tab

played by

Mr.Joker

J, J.Ro
He/Him
November 13
Mavuille
Bisexual
Layabout/Biker
Civilian
14 height
14 height
awards
201 posts
Jett Roan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jett
Jett Roan
Reversion To The Mean
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 17:57:28 GMT
Jett Roan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Watching the trainer book it in a moment, Jett couldn’t help but laugh loudly. ”A very very silly overgrown lizard decided it’d be a good time to start snacking on their young, and now they’re all over us.” He said with urgency apparent in his voice, his Cyclizar took offense to it, offering a muted growl in return to his statement.
[break][break]
He knew this person, he was sure of it now, he had watched them from a distance, he had seen them rise up, and he had seen them reach the very top. Yet, it had been a long while. ”Oi oi, I can’t let the Top-Champion croak to a second badge level threat.” He said with a grin, it was a simple action as he and Cyclizar shifted, change in stance as he gripped a pokeball from his pocket.
[break][break]
”How about we stop running?” He said as he skidded to a stop, pokeball going out to release his Remoraid, held in his open palm. ”Hydro pump.” It wasn’t aimed at the Zubats at all, but rather above them; at the ceiling.
[break][break]
Hopefully, the trainer next to him would catch the hint.

NOTES

+Caves 2

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Reversion To The Mean
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 18:11:26 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"the rangers will chew me up on this, but if you say so."

all he needs is an invitation to fall into temptation. going all out has never been his style, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't do it.

he pulls the brakes, the rubber of his soles skidding against the stone floors of the cave. the mightyena gets dropped and kyle drops to his knees, spraying what remains of the potion on his pokemon.

"well, this is better than running."

as soon as the contents were sprayed away, a hyper beam gets fired from its mouth to the swarm. the mightyena's intent differs from the plan, but the result remains effectively the same when it misses and hits the ceiling as well, cracking part of the cave that was weakened by the hydro pump.

"needless violence on wild pokemon and vandalism in nature... i won't tell if you won't."

there's a certain familiarity in the tone and voice used that kyle instinctively feels the comfort to say what he wants to say, though he can't exactly pinpoint why at the moment.

close tab

played by

Mr.Joker

J, J.Ro
He/Him
November 13
Mavuille
Bisexual
Layabout/Biker
Civilian
14 height
14 height
awards
201 posts
Jett Roan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jett
Jett Roan
Reversion To The Mean
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 18:16:49 GMT
Jett Roan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Jett chuckled, it was simple, comfortable, like slipping back into an old routine. ”I ain’t ever been the snitching type, you should sure know that by now Kyle.” He said as he watched the ceiling collapse. He didn’t really think it would end up too awful, these Zubats were strong, and that was why he wanted out of there as he brought out his pokeball to bring Remoraid back into its place.
[break][break]
”But don’t worry if ya forgot, it’s been what…Eight years now? Maybe more.” He couldn’t remember, it had been ages, a long time ago if he had been honest. Kyle was a different person, they were both adults now. They might have started in the same place, but the end result was that of heaven and earth.
[break][break]
”Lets beat it before we lose out on being able to blame this on someone else.” He said as he got off Cyclizar, his pokemon shifted back to his standing form. ”Oh, and this is Bubby, my new partner in crime.”

NOTES

+Caves 2

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Reversion To The Mean
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 18:40:41 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
instead of being happy for the reunion, kyle rubs his temples with both his fingers instead. he remembers him now that he calls his name, but this was a person he'd rather not see during this time.

"this is a good place for a reunion," he says sarcastically, a tone he hasn't used for a while that only got triggered by old relationships. "we could've brought out the pocky if we were elsewhere."

it was a tradition from ages ago, but he still remembers.

he points out his cyclizar, to which kyle's eyes brighten up. "oh, shit! i have one too. i still need it trained but, yeah, i think i'm getting off topic."

the mightyena gets a friendly slap on the face before he decides to continue the walk along the corridor.

"worst case scenario, we say we fought rockets. anyway, what are you doing here?"

close tab

played by

Mr.Joker

J, J.Ro
He/Him
November 13
Mavuille
Bisexual
Layabout/Biker
Civilian
14 height
14 height
awards
201 posts
Jett Roan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jett
Jett Roan
Reversion To The Mean
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 18:49:19 GMT
Jett Roan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Jett didn’t hide his smirk in the slightest. ”Oi oi, I think we can break out the pocky anytime. What? Don’t want to share pocky in front of your new, cool, upper class friends?” His smirk reached his eyes, his tone teasing, and it seemed that he was more than happy to continue on his present train.
[break][break]
”Or what, is Mr Champion only interested in high-end breadstick sharing? Some Balsamic vinegar on both ends? I can do that for you too.” He said as he took the packet of pocky out of his pocket, opened it up, and flicked at the bottom to kick up a few, he took one to his own mouth, and offered the other to Kyle.
[break][break]
Just letting it sit there in his lips for a moment, to kill the urge to smoke. He was trying to stop, and well, his body was thanking him for it. But it was time to be serious. ”A lotta reasons. But, I just don’t want people to die.” His inflection shifted, his tone seemed just a little more proper, a little more somber.
[break][break]
”I’ve got people on both sides, so I just want to end this as soon as possible. A number of the old chums never got anywhere, and that made them prime targets for Rocket, most of their recruits are people like us. Well, not everyone can claw their way to the top. If I can get one person to change their heart, I feel like that’s a win.” He was honest, because this was someone he could be straightforward with.

NOTES

+Caves 2

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Reversion To The Mean
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 3:50:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he searches his pockets, and only managing to take out his phone and a roll of mints to show jett. he'd offer pocky if he had one with him, but thankfully, it's not him that has to provide it this time.

a chuckle comes, conceding to the accusations somewhat, and then takes the stick of pocky offered to him.

"how do you manage to say all of those without cringeing at yourself? i need to learn that skill for my title." he doesn't really carry the image of a hero for the region with how he acts. "but god i wanna hug you for staying the same over the years."

did he change himself? kyle's not sure. he tries to cling on to his old habits, but new ones eventually find their way out to the surface like weeds.

"that's a noble act and all, but," he pauses to nibble on his pocky, "are you even aware of the only way to end this?"

he didn't mean it to sound condescending, but being tonedeaf with his words has always been something kyle has a problem with even before then.

close tab

played by

Mr.Joker

J, J.Ro
He/Him
November 13
Mavuille
Bisexual
Layabout/Biker
Civilian
14 height
14 height
awards
201 posts
Jett Roan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jett
Jett Roan
Reversion To The Mean
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 4:14:40 GMT
Jett Roan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Jett didn’t hide his grin. ”Practice and booze.” But that was only the prelude to a more dour discussion, it wasn’t a simple solution. He knew that full well, he couldn’t think of one, and neither could the people around him.
[break][break]
”The way to end this ain’t fighting till neither side has any men to send to more battles, or fighting until only the fight is left.” Jett spoke, he wasn’t an idealist in the past; a new change. From the rough kid with a chip on his shoulder, and a fight to take to the world, he had become someone a little different. It came with growing up, but he felt more of a child now that Kyle had used such a tone.
[break][break]
”Plus, I ain’t stayed the same, neither have you.” They were no longer kids afterall, even if Jett lived his life like a grown child.

NOTES

+Caves 2

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Reversion To The Mean
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 8:02:35 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the idealism makes his heart grow. it's kind of admirable, borderline adorable. he wished he shared the same value, but alas, pragmatism had its claws on kyle from the start.

"yeah, it's to find the seal stone," he answers, adding more to his statement.

a hand reaches for his hair, ruffling it as he feels a headache coming after imagining what comes after. the mightyena circles his legs, his head raised up to look at his trainer.

"then again, it's just more problems regardless of who gets it."

as a representative of the league, it's not something that he should be saying, but it's just jett here. he doesn't have to be professional.

a heavy sigh exits his lungs. there's inner contemplation before he pops right back to his feet.

"oh, shit, you're right. look at me being responsible and insightful. you have your hero monologue and i have, uh, whatever this is. they would be so proud of us back there."

close tab

played by

Mr.Joker

J, J.Ro
He/Him
November 13
Mavuille
Bisexual
Layabout/Biker
Civilian
14 height
14 height
awards
201 posts
Jett Roan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jett
Jett Roan
Reversion To The Mean
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 8:12:20 GMT
Jett Roan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Jett scoffed, there was a lot at play in a way, for all of this. A seal stone, a means to end this particular fight, then they would simply have to find it with their own two hands. He let out a laugh, his voice dripped with amusement. ”Hah. Hero monologue? You’re the great top champion here, I’m just a guy with a bike. We both know just whose the pride of that place.” He said with shrug, it was a difference in where they stood in their lives.
[break][break]
It was silly in a way, how he kept going back to that point. ”I’m just here causing a bit of trouble for the other side…But I can’t see how it’ll be trouble if the league goes and gets it.” In a way, even he was convinced they were the good guys, just taking different means.
[break][break]
Hoenn had grown hard and harsh in the last couple of years, but even so…
[break][break]
He wasn’t naive. ”I guess there’s troublesome guys no matter where you go. Met one of ya Elite Fours earlier, goes by Melody, the idol. Interesting lass, good heart, if the rest are like you two, I don’t see how much trouble there can be.”

NOTES

+Caves 2

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Reversion To The Mean
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 8:24:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he bursts into laughter at his description of that he has to cover his mouth so it doesn't look like he's making fun of her.

"melody? yeah, she means well. she's a little bit on the overzealous side, but she's working on it."

she's one of the people up the top that would acknowledge mistakes and work on them, and though kyle has already forgiven her faults, it was difficult to forget.

"she's troublesome, but more on your kind of trouble," he concludes. "her reasoning behind her actions are kind of cute though, so they're forgivable for the most part."

they were as idealistic as jett was.

close tab

played by

Mr.Joker

J, J.Ro
He/Him
November 13
Mavuille
Bisexual
Layabout/Biker
Civilian
14 height
14 height
awards
201 posts
Jett Roan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jett
Jett Roan
Reversion To The Mean
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 8:29:31 GMT
Jett Roan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
”Like mine huh? I doubt it.” Jett’s answer was rather quick, maybe it was a matter of talking for a little while, but Jett knew that the results they took were different. It was the difference between a forgery and the real thing, Melody was the real deal. He was just a man trying to take the same path, but doing a bad job of it.
[break][break]
”Cute though? Yeah she is. Is she your kind of girl?” He said with a smirk before digging his elbow into Kyle’s side. ”Woulda thought the sexy secretary was more for you.” He said as he settled on Cyclizar’s back, getting a little more comfortable in that moment. Catching up was easy; the words came smoothly.
[break][break]
It helped him to forget the fact that all of this was just making up for the sins of the past, trying to become a better person, to lend a hand when he could. ”What’s your kind of troublesome then?” He tried to divert things back onto the right course.

NOTES

+Caves 2

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Reversion To The Mean
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 8:53:08 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he takes a while before he recognizes the teasing from jett. the pairing between them won't work in a lot of ways, but he corrects him instead of stating his case.

"oh, i meant cute like a dog." he raises a brow as he leans his head to a side. "that goes to you as well, you cutie."

an obvious jest, given that he already wears a ring on his finger. it wouldn't be eye-catching though cause it was plain enough to be considered a random accessory.

he folds his arms, further hiding it, as he makes his turn to critique himself.

"let's say i only do the minimum work expected from me. everyone else has more drive and ambition, so they fit the title more. i'm only really better at field missions instead of sanctioned battles. they use resources more than i do. they actually care for the region..."

the list goes on.

close tab

played by

Mr.Joker

J, J.Ro
He/Him
November 13
Mavuille
Bisexual
Layabout/Biker
Civilian
14 height
14 height
awards
201 posts
Jett Roan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jett
Jett Roan
Reversion To The Mean
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 9:04:18 GMT
Jett Roan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Jett couldn’t help but let loose a small chuckle. ”You only get to call me that after patting my head and getting me a nice meal.” He said as he chewed on his pocky, taking it into his hand, and then eating down what was left of it.
[break][break]
”Huh, so you’re a glorified layabout.” There was a definite mirth in his voice, it seemed that Kyle had ended up in that position without really wanting it? Or perhaps there was more to it that he wasn’t privy to. The league was a large organization, a lot of moving parts, to be the face of it.
[break][break]
”Looks like you ain’t got it easy. How about quitting? You can join me and the boys, ride around Hoenn, ain’t nothing like it. A nice, stress free life.” It was an offer given in jest, but there was a bit of hope. Running around like those days long ago, Jett wanted to see a sight like that again.

NOTES

+Caves 2

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]