[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Okay, just help me keep a lookout. The neighbours are usually out at this time of day but.... y'know. Just remember that you look as suspicious as your conscience."[break][break]

With a hood kept high up and a small stool dragged just slightly out of the bushes, Eris hops on just to gain enough of a foothold to reach the windows. And as she runs her fingers over the window sill, she feels every scratch and dip that she's left through weeks of practice. All it takes is a thin strip of metal slipped through the cracks for her to start jiggling the lock on the inside, her Melmetal well trained to manipulate the mechanism until they hear a quiet 'click'.[break][break]

"We're in."[break][break]

She slides the window open without even a hint of hesitation.[break][break]

Even if he can't see her face, there's most definitely an upbeat hum to her words. And despite her tiny build, she doesn't seem to have any problem hauling herself up and tumbling right in. From the outside, all Isaac hears is a whole lot of rustling, a quiet curse and the soft squeaking of her boots. But before he can let his thoughts run loose, she sticks her head out of the window and offers a hand.[break][break]

"Your turn. Coast is clear so hurry up!"
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] ||

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
burglar simulator || c
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 3:16:34 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Of all the plans I've ever helped out with, this has to be the worst idea. And knowing me? That's saying something."[break][break]

Isaac was no stranger to a good scheme. He was no stranger to a classic caper. He'd flown by the seat of his pants more times than he could count. He'd even taken part in his fair share of panicked improvs. But this? This made all of those look like the handcrafted work of a mastermind.[break][break]

Eris had already asked for a piggyback ride all the way to Chu-e's property. Clearly, that was the best way to rest his aching body after spending the better part of a day waging war in another dimension. But now she was going to escalate that into a break-in. A break-in into her own house. Her own house, which she lived in.[break][break]

She was really freaking lucky that Isaac had been too worried about her to say no.[break][break]

To her credit, the plan had gone off without a hitch so far. Eris had safely made it into Chu-e's house, and now she was able to pop the window open for him to slip in. "I've got no clue how you pulled this one off, but I'm not gonna lie? I'm feeling it," he said. He prepared to scale the windowsill himself, taking Eris' hand for a little boost. This was the easy part. He'd done it plenty of times. Just a slip on through and he'd be home free![break][break]

. . . Just one problem. No matter how svelte he was, he did not have the waistline of a potentially growth stunted tween girl. What was an easy passage for her was just tight enough to get him stuck in the windowsill.[break][break]

". . . Aw, crapbaskets . . ."

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / +

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
burglar simulator || c
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 23:30:57 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Crapbaskets, indeed."

Standing in the doorway, leaned against it all cool like, was none other than the man, the myth, the legend: Chu-e Choi himself. The man who turned Pewter City to rubble. The person responsibly for the Cinnabar Massacre.

And he was standing there in a hot pink tracksuit combo and drinking hot coco out of a mug shaped like a Skitty. We are talking some real Barbie aesthetic type shit. His nails were even painted hot pink.

"You could have used the front door, Errie."

He raises a brow at the girl.

But while he tries to play it cool, would see it clearly. The way his fingers trembled around the mug. The way his body shook lightly. Chu-e was holding himself back from launching at her to squeeze her in a hug. Hell, he barely even glanced at ; he had eyes only for his daughter.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,751 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
burglar simulator || c
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 0:21:16 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Even as Isaac censors his own swears, nothing stops Eris from giving him that judging look.[break][break]

"You suck at breaking in." She squints, grabbing ahold of his arm and beginning to pull. Or at least she should have, had it not been for the voice that rings out from behind her.[break][break]

"I thought I'd surprise you, or something..."[break][break]

Never once does she turn around, leaving only Isaac to bear witness to the way her expression has frozen, tears welling up in her eyes as she swallows a breath.[break][break]

"I didn't have my keys either, y'know?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
burglar simulator || c
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 4:35:02 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I'm great at break-ins," Isaac protest whispered, even as his butt was left wiggling in the air. "You suck at opening windows. Big difference!" Yet before he could continue this incredible argument, he was cut off by the sound of approaching footsteps.[break][break]

Isaac wasn't much of a Kanto guy. He didn't know which cities in the region were razed to the ground by which of Rocket's VIPs. He did know Hoenn, however, and everyone in Hoenn knew Chu-e's apparent role in one of the region's greatest tragedies.[break][break]

To say the man didn't match the reputation was an understatement.[break][break]

Okay, so Rocket wasn't a parade of grey-faced murdermen and elegant black widows. had recently become a Beast, for crying out loud. But Isaac sure as hell didn't expect Aqua to start playing in his head the second he laid eyes on the man.[break][break]

Eris could barely bring herself to face her pa. She would never know the way Chu-e's entire body trembled. Chu-e would never know the way tears welled up in the girl's frozen eyes.[break][break]

"Hey," Isaac whispered, voice gentle and reassuring. "I'll be fine. Don't stick around on my account."[break][break]

"He missed you more than anyone else, y'know."[break][break]

"It's okay. Go to him."

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
burglar simulator || c
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 2:30:52 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
It was that made him break.

Chu-e crossed the room, footsteps silent as a ghost. He hesitated only a moment before placing a hand firmly on 's shoulder. A small squeeze, then he leaned over to pull her into a tight hug. If he had been stronger, it would have been a real bear hug. But Chu-e was weak and sickly and could only squeeze her so hard before he grew tired.

"I love you. I missed you." Is whispered just for her; if Isaac hears that isn't his concern.

A small kiss is placed at the top of her ear.

Then Chu-e straightens back up. He is reluctant to leave Eris' side, as if worried she will vanish if he gets too far away. Yet he still, finally, brings his attention to the 'bugler' with the fat ass and thick thighs. (Or at least an inability to crawl through windows.)

"So, name, rank, and intentions." Chu-e smiles at Isaac and it is anything but friendly. Even if Eris apparently trusts him, Chu-e has never met the man. This is just a strange older man with his daughter in his eyes. (Sorry, Isaac.)
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,751 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
burglar simulator || c
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 2:58:26 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]There's a difference between her staying because she wants to help and her staying because she's a bit too scared to face the bits of reality she's been looking away from. But it takes a touch, that small tap on her shoulder that quickly changes as she's pulled into a hug for everything to come crashing down.[break][break]

Gone is her prickly silence, replaced by muffled sobbing and sniffles as she hugs him back with all her might. No words can ever hope to convey her thoughts better than the way she tries to hold back her trembling, holding Chu-e close as if doing so might help sweep together all the scattered pieces of her broken world. And when he straightens up, she's almost desperate in the way she refuses to let go, a hand still clutching at his tracksuit even as she tries to cover her momentary weakness.[break][break]

"He was the one that found me when that..."[break][break]

Though muffled by her sleeves that she uses to brush away her tears, her voice is still somehow drawn out by the questions that Chu-e poses.[break][break]

"He's been protecting me all this time."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
burglar simulator || c
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 4:32:12 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Yeah. That wasn't the "hello, it's nice to meet you" smile. That was the "if I don't like your answer your insides are going to change places with your outsides' smile. For a second, Isaac considered slamming the window down on himself. Maybe if he split himself in half, his legs'd at least have a chance of working.[break][break]

Luckily, Eris spoke up for him, identifying him as the one who had been trying to keep her safe during all of the messes that had been going on lately. It was true; had he not heeded her call in the aftermath of Josh's attack . . .[break][break]

The possibility was unthinkable.[break][break]

"Name, Isaac Merlo," he said, silencing any nerves that had been gathering in the back of his throat. "Rank, Associate that keeps getting in over his head. Intentions, just trying to bring your daughter back home to you. Because she misses you, and she's been through too much, and it just isn't fair."[break][break]

He didn't know how far Chu-e's deal with the League had went. If he mentioned wanting to keep Eris out of Rocket's hands, would he end up ringing up the admins to tattle on him? Or would it cause even more tension with an organization that he was already separsted from? In either case, it wasn't worth bringing up.[break][break]

What was worth bringing up, though, was his confusion in the face of Chu-e's questions. "Wait, how'd you even know I was a Rocket?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
burglar simulator || c
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 21:08:47 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
would find that smile leveled on him. Deadly and sharp.

When he finished, when finishes, silence hangs in the air as he deliberated. Chu-e's face betrays nothing. Then he walks closer to the blond.

And jerks the window open so he can fall inside (or out.).

Going back to Eris, Chu-e gathers her up in his arms again. Holding her close.

"I didn't know." A brow is raised, head tilted.

Chu-e had been the head of information when he was Underboss, though. Who knew what weird shit he knew.

"Thank you for helping bring her back." It's filled with regret. Sadness over his own failure to help in protecting her once again.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,751 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
burglar simulator || c
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 22:21:57 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Maybe it's her thick skin, maybe it's the fact that she can't quite think of as anything but her guardian figure. For someone who has such a sharp and calculative smile, he hides his intent like the many other plans and deliberations within his brain. But when he moves towards , the only real concern that passes through her mind is how easily he slips through her grip.[break][break]

The thunk of the opened window introduces a fresh gust of air into the room, brushing past her cheeks and chilling her remaining tears she's smudged along the way. Before she can even make a note of protest, Chu-e sweeps her back up in his arms, quite nearly blocking her view of what might have happened to Isaac. And yet, she far more fazed by the murky undertones to her adoptive father's words than anything.[break][break]

"I'm okay."[break][break]

Ruby eyes flick up to catch even a glimpse of his face; Her right now shines so bright compared to the fading red of the left. She doesn't think to add on the useless little phrase of 'I promise'.[break][break]

"I'm home."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
burglar simulator || c
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 2:11:06 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac hit the floor with a graceless flop. If he'd had any ability to catch himself, Chu-e's question stole his focus far too hard to act on it. "Who the heck just asks a random guy his rank?" Isaac muttered into the floor, mildly irked that Chu-e had goaded him into saying too much.[break][break]

Yet that wasn't the only thing Chu-e had to say to him. His gratitude towards Isaac was underlined by a heavy regret, the former Rocket not even trying to hide his emotions.[break][break]

"Hey, don't sweat it," Isaac said, prying himself off of the ground so that he could shoot Chu-e a smile. "It's . . . I know what it's like. Everything's been a Lot lately. I can't imagine how true that's been on your end. Least I can do is lend a hand when I can, right?"[break][break]

Did Chu-e know that Isaac had tried to check on Eris in the aftermath of the third ToP meeting, when her sharp tongue got her in harsher water with Rocket than ever before? Did he know that, when the League had taken both him and Eris into custody, Isaac had ventured to Ever Grande itself to try and ease her fears? Did he know that when Isaac saw her in the war for the Sealing Stone, he'd tried his damndest to protect her from the Grunts that abused their positions to abuse her?[break][break]

Where did one even begin when telling the sad tale of Eris Halla?

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
burglar simulator || c
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 3:30:35 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e knew none of what had done for . Chu-e just knew she had been hurt and he couldn't even see her. He just knew he missed her more than anything. He just knew how grey and dull his days had been without her in his life.

Gently he turns, guiding Eris the best can with him, to exit the room.

"You both have to be famished. Let me whip you something up."

Because Chu-e showed his love with food. And food he would make damn well sure than Isaac and Eris got. Glancing back over his shoulder at Isaac, Chu-e nodded to him.

"You look skinny and I know she hadn't been eating her veggies. You allergic to anything?"
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,751 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
burglar simulator || c
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 4:04:24 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]It's easy to see how attached she is, the way she simply follows without the slightest hint of hesitation. Here is home she so misses, here is family that she so loves and here is where she wishes to stay if only fate were kind enough to let her.[break][break]

"I eat my veggies!" Comes her protest, "Broccoli, cauliflower... Isaac knows!"[break][break]

There's a sort of tone to her voice, one that is accompanied with that look of 'say yes or I'll swap your coffee with soy sauce' kind of vibe. Truth be told, she's been sweeping quite a bit under the table, allowing Reiner to clean her plate up when she doesn't want to touch it. Especially carrots.[break][break]

She dislikes carrots.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
burglar simulator || c
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 2:06:31 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"You kidding?" What was this? Was Isaac stepping up to the plate to defend his surrogate little sister? "She's actually been on her best behavior lately. Never seen her plate without some greens on it." How kind of Isaac! Truly, he had cemented himself as the best big brother she could ask for-[break][break]

"In fact, she loves 'em. So you better make sure to give her plenty!"[break][break]

That little shit. He returned Eris' best threatening glare with a smug, teasing smirk. That's what she gets for trying to blackmail him! Now she was trapped in a web of her own lies, doomed to be crushed under Vegetable Mountain. Truly, Isaac was the emperor of evil.[break][break]

The soy sauce coffee, and being roasted over being skinny toned and lean, were so worth it.[break][break]

"Thank you, by the way," he said, letting some genuine appreciation shine through with his mandated Eris roasting out of the way. "No allergies here, don't worry."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
burglar simulator || c
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 1:04:53 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e's face lightened up some. The previous serious had vanished. Just something simple and relaxed. Later, he and would need to talk. They would need time to hug and cry and just exist together. To mourn for time lost.

But right now they would celebrate being together.

He did his best to keep the small grin off his face.

The kitchen was tidy and neat. Chu-e moved over to the cabinets automatically, pulling out the rice cooker and taking down pots and pans and his steamer.

"Do you guys want to help?" A glance back at . An olive branch of his own kind.

Nothing could bring people together like a good meal.