TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
choke & swallow [postdorm]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 7:30:13 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]
[attr="class","jayjaytop"]

[attr="class","body"] in all the work that led up to this day, numbness pervades his subconscious. it's easy to bury himself into work, when hyperfocused on the job that he needs to get done and to avoid the trauma that days like this bring.

[break][break] it's easy to forget.

[break][break] but when it's he's assigned to transport the cargo with, all of those thoughts come rushing in. threatening to push against the dam that he's built.

[break][break] "are you sure you're okay with this?"

[attr="class","oocnotes"]

[break]

+ CARGO

[attr="class,"tldr"]
+ YORU disguise [break]
+ takes place before landon cassidy 2

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".jayjay"] margin:0 auto;width:470px;padding-top:5px;line-height:15px; } .jayjaytop { width:418px;border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -30px 25px; border:solid 1px #232323; } .jayjay .body { font-size:12px;letter-spacing:.5px; } .jayjay b { font-family: poppins; } .jayjay i { color:#89888a; } .jayjay span { font-family:poppins; font-size:13px; font-weight:bold; } .jayjay .oocnotes { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .jayjay .credit { float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;padding:1px; } .jayjay .tldr { margin:40px 0px 0px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 21:44:13 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]
[attr="class","ashley1body"]

Last person he thought he would be assigned to working cargo detail with, but after the shit time they've had, Jayden was the least of Ashley's concerns. In fact... he was somewhat cordial.[break][break]

"Yeah. I'm good. You?" The fracture of an olden smile comes to his lips, as he pats Jayden on the shoulder.[break][break]

It's not that they were friends again. Not yet. But, it was a lot better than they ended in that Sootopolis hospital. A much better spot than he was asking for a bank heist. In fact, there was almost a brotherly respect now. An irreparable relationship no longer.[break][break]

"Sides. It was only a matter of time, no? Maybe Walsh wants us to play nice now."[break][break]

He groans quietly, the thought not pleasant in his mind. Could be worse though.[break][break]

Could always be worse.

[break][break]

NOTES

- OUTFIT & MASK, MUSE[break]
- CARGO: 100MP || IC POST: 10MP[break]
- Placement: Before Greyson and Paxton, after Gavin[break]
- Ash seems... cordial? What the heck?[break]
- Tries to explain why.[break]
- Groaning in a light bit of pain.

[attr="class","ashley1pkmn"]

[attr="class","ashley1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1"]--accent:#4066E0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 18:04:05 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"] good. what a complicated question. were they good? were they bad?

[break][break] according to and many others, they were just nothing but monsters.

[break][break] "you're probably right," he says after a moment of silence, expression contemplative as he pushed the cargo alongside the uneven ground. wheels crumbled over rock, which tumbled over the edge.

[break][break] "but it's not like we have a choice."

[break][break] he didn't have a choice. the reminder rang hollow in his chest.

[break][break] "at least it isn't the same as silas."

[break][break] had kept them alive, after all, for one reason or another.

[break]

+ CARGO [2/2]

[attr="class,"tldr"]
+ YORU disguise [break]

10MP (ic post) [break]
50MP (participation)
[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".jayjay"] margin:0 auto;width:470px;padding-top:5px;line-height:15px; } .jayjaytop { width:418px;border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -30px 25px; border:solid 1px #232323; } .jayjay .body { font-size:12px;letter-spacing:.5px; } .jayjay b { font-family: poppins; } .jayjay i { color:#89888a; } .jayjay span { font-family:poppins; font-size:13px; font-weight:bold; } .jayjay .oocnotes { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .jayjay .credit { float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;padding:1px; } .jayjay .tldr { margin:40px 0px 0px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 23:24:47 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Jayden isn't wrong. Their friendship was on a flimsy terrain, a plateau that was as topsy as it was turvy, toppled on either end of they aren't careful. On the one hand, he hated Jayden for what had been done, but...[break][break]

That hatred was misplaced. He still wanted to be Jayden's friend.[break][break]

He sighs quietly, contemplative himself as he places a hand on his other's shoulder. "You didn't deserve that fire on your own." He looks Jayden in the eyes. For a moment, he's wondering if he should back off now, but releasing his hand, he leans back.[break][break]

"But now we're both burned."[break][break]

Letting out Bongo the Rillaboom, Ashley gestures to the cargo, with the big ape hoisting it onto his shoulder with a thumbs up.[break][break]

And Ashley makes the first step.[break][break]

"Sorry. For what I did to you, Jay. Really."

[break][break]

NOTES

- IC POST: 10MP[break]
- Reflection of the past few days, Ash releases Bongo to assist with cargo transportation.[break]
- Apologizes to Jayden for the past.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 14:23:44 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"] for jayden, they had never stopped being friends. sure, betrayal had forced them apart but it was rocket who had brought them together. in more ways than one.

[break][break] the hand that is placed on his shoulder makes him flinch, but it speaks volumes of their friendship that jayden doesn't otherwise react.

[break][break] 'yes i did,' he thought. 'you don't understand.'

[break][break] but if not , then who would understand the mindfield that was jayden's thoughts? they had grown up together, had understood the oath that all rocket's took and knew what it meant for someone like jayden to break it. even minimally.

[break][break] "you —" - didn't have to, you shouldn't have - " - you're... right. it's just like when we were kids." a smile flickers to the forefront of his expression, both wry and bemused in nature. but it's only to mask the pain he feels when he thinks of the lash that had given him.

[break][break] 'sorry. for what i did to you, jay. really.'

[break][break] he tenses.

[break][break] sorry.

[break][break] fingers flex tight around the sides of the cart as they push them through the space. the rift cracks and shimmers before them, before disappearing again.

[break][break] sorry.

[break][break] "don't apologize," he huffs. "just never do it again."

[break][break] his steps slow to a stop.

[break][break] "... would you?"

[break][break] for the first time, violet eyes lift towards his old friend. a shimmer of the old person he used to be. a shimmer of vulnerability.

[break]

+ CARGO

[attr="class,"tldr"]
+ YORU disguise [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 0:12:42 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Pause. It was supposed to, at the very least, clear the air. But... if it were that easy, they'd be best friends again. He knows that. They both shared in the punishment. Just like they were kids. So, realizing he had to do this, he makes a sigh. This would need some work. The question isn't left on deaf ears.[break][break]

"You know why I left Rocket the first time? It wasn't to get away from you, it was a philosophy thing. Rocket is a bad organization-" He takes a moment to look at Jayden, ready to fire back Kanto, or Walsh at a moment's notice. Waiting for the moment he'd need to. He continues, closing his eyes. "No matter how hard Theo pushed me, I couldn't bend easy. Lo and behold, I felt like you could. You could be the Rocket they wanted. I couldn't do that, Jay." He takes a moment to fish through his bag, and grab out a Pokeball, looking over it with a saddened gaze.[break][break]

Longingly, he just eyes the ball and just nods. "I love my Pokemon. Every single one of them. So when Theo ordered I kill Jubilee, or die myself... something in me broke. But I didn't realize it at the time. I became what they wanted, but I hated it. I hated me. But instead of blaming myself, I blamed you, Theo, and Rocket as a whole. I was just following orders. No way I was a bad person." But he puts the ball away, and closes his eyes. "Hypocritical, yeah. But I didn't believe I was a villain. A killer. I was just a Rocket dog, and so were you. I just felt more alone. Isolated. So I chose to leave after Kanto."[break][break]

The memory of leaving him with a blade in the shoulder has Ash wince.[break][break]

"So my surprise came when you attacked me at the lighthouse near Dewford. I didn't force you to do that, you were just there. Lingering due to my mistake. Theo was in Slateport too, and I didn't force him to fight me. I challenged him myself. He even tried to give me an out. Theo. OUR Theo." He finely illustrates the point, holding his arms out to exemplify the insanity of that. Of him, being somewhat of a good person. "So when Meteno happened, and I lost Bullet, I did some crazy, near psychotic acts. At the time, I thought I was still good. A good person. Attempting to murder some Ranger in cold blood." He rubs at his face. He still has nightmares of Landon Cassidy.[break][break]

"You came to visit Isaac in the hospital. You were there. It was nice. But it contradicted everything you were supposed to be. You weren't supposed to be a good person, Jay, you were supposed to be a cold hearted killer. But you're not. Not fully." He levels one hand out, an example of Jayden. "Your baking was good. Really good. You showed me, to some degree, you're still you."[break][break]

It's painful that he has to say the next few words. The realization comes full circle.[break][break]

"How could I face you, a contradiction to who I am? I pushed you away. I believed me to be good, but the Ranger I attacked would have begged to differ. It clicked with me that I came back to Rocket to gain strength; the conviction needed so Pokemon like Sushi wouldn't die again." He takes a moment, dead silent. Remembering the smiling Slowpoke that would be on his ceiling fan, hanging off with every bit of life, happy to just be included.[break][break]

Breathe in. Breathe out.[break][break]

"I left because of a hypocrisy I believed in. And I came back because I grew up."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Ashley decides to explain what happened these past few years. Why he did what he did.[break]
- Man, this got heavy.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 2:45:59 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"] 'rocket is a bad organization - '

[break][break] immediately his gaze snaps to his ex-friend, burning fire in his eyes. but then he remembers all that has done for him in the past few days, and he bites the inside of his cheek.

[break][break] HATRED burns, but it's not for ashley. for his own incompetence.

[break][break] as ashley's saga continues, though, jayden can't help but cut in a reply. his lips twist into a frown, his voice pained.

[break][break] "and you think i don't, ash? you know me. you know i - "

[break][break] 'you were there when theo made me kill my eevee.'

[break][break] at fourteen no less, and immediately after, had tried to kill jayden himself.

[break][break] he quiets enough to let his friend continue. surprise flickers in his eyes as he mentions that theo, their theo, had given him an out. it didn't make sense — none of it did.

[break][break] but there must have been a reason. there was always a reason.

[break][break] a manipulation tactic to get back into rocket? if it was, it was smart. smarter than jayden. because it had worked.

[break][break] when it's all over, a hand snaps to ashley's wrist.

[break][break] a tree branch, when all rocket had offered them was burning logs.

[break][break] "you're a good person ash," he says, thinking back on what had told him a year ago. "the world isn't as black and white as we want to make it out to be. you can be a good person and bad person at the same time."

[break][break] bad to each other, good to rocket. weren't they fucked up that way?

[break][break] he takes a deep breath. his chest still burns.

[break][break] "don't let the league's shallow ideals mess that up."

[break]

+ CARGO

[attr="class,"tldr"]
+ YORU disguise [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 5:13:45 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

It's hard to argue against Jayden, but his irritation isn't with him. No, it's his own inability. A lack of something. Ash quietly stares upwards. He hopes it doesn't make him sound too hypocritical. But he just lays it out there.[break][break]

"Yeah. I know." He closes his eyes. The horrors that those traumas gave them both could fill a small aquarium. He can still see Jubilee when he closes his eyes. It must have been the same. "You cared. You still do. I do too." He tries to rationalize it in his mind.[break][break]

Rocket were, at that moment, bad, right? Ruthless killers. Murderers. But then, it isn't just Jayden that is an exception. So much more.[break][break]

When he feels his wrist snatched, he turns a second, silver eyes back on Jay, and he feels himself smile. It's weak. It's puny. It's painful. But it's something.[break][break]

"That's the thing. Back then, I believed in good and bad like black and white. Now, everything is just muddled. The League has some honest bastards, assholes beyond belief. And then there's people like Isaac, who are like a paragon compared to guys like us." He can feel the thousand yard stare forward, past Jayden. Ash runs a hand down his own face, wiping sweat off of it and shaking his hand off of the sweat. He pulls his wrist away, and just... settles. Or tries to find that common ground.[break][break]

Hard to find that common ground.[break][break]

"I couldn't be what Rocket wanted of me. But then, I found out I can be." He stated it flatly. And adds one more thing to the end of that lovely statement.[break][break]

Nonchalantly, he puts it out into the world. "Killed my dad yesterday."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Ashley agrees, and continues. Briefly.[break]
- Tells Jayden about how he took his birth father's life yesterday.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 5:45:55 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"] All pokemon were for the glory of Team Rocket.

[break][break] Rockets were thought to be heartless and cruel, as painted that way by the League. However, that didn't mean they just shot down pokemon willynilly — it was just that Pokemon were respected in the same way that humans were. They were all there for Rocket, to use and be used by the organization.

[break][break] But that didn't mean people like Jayden couldn't care. That didn't mean he didn't let his Umbreon sleep in his house, in his shared bed with .

[break][break] "Isaac is a Rocket, though."

[break][break] A gleam of suspicion enters his eyes. He had trained himself, had given him his own recipes. Treated him like family.

[break][break] But Jayden agreed. People like or - people who weren't ruined the same way he and Ashley were.

[break][break] A silence passes between them as the hand drops, and Jayden just watches his friend put his head between his hands.

[break][break] Then he breaks the news.

[break][break] The room is so loud a pin could drop.

[break][break] "Welcome to the Dead Dad's club then, I guess."

[break][break] His lips twist into a rueful smile, one only could understand.

[break]

+ CARGO

[attr="class,"tldr"]
+ YORU disguise [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 7:13:33 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Regret seeps into his words, and for the first time in quite a long time, the same smile came back to him. Ash felt like he was younger, just sitting across what was his brother. He admits it finally. To himself. To Jayden, Isaac. To those on comms.[break][break]

"Yeah. He is. So are you. And so am I."[break][break]

That regret has him soften quite a bit, as he leans back.[break][break]

"I'm sorry, Jay. For the past couple years. Guess it just took me awhile to get it."[break][break]

Bitter as he is now, he just smiles at Jayden. There's no resentment, there's no hatred, there's no disgust with the Rocket brand. A respect. While they couldn't go back and fix it, he would at least feel comfort knowing that they could start all anew.[break][break]

So. He grins.[break][break]

"Yeah... found out my birth dad tried to OD my birth mother when I was in the womb. So you know. It's like initiation." Was... Ashley chuckling?

[break][break]

NOTES

- Ash accepts this. And just apologizes to Jayden. He didn't do anything wrong.[break]
- A small joke(?) about being in the dead dad's club.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 7:28:30 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"] "..."

[break][break] 'You have nothing to apologize for.' How much did Jayden wish to say those words to his old friend. He wished it could be easy like that, assure him that everything was good and fine. In fact, Jayden had spent several weeks pretending that was the truth.

[break][break] But Walsh had all but lashed that out of him. Of them.

[break][break] "I'm just glad you get it now," he relents, voice softened to a murmur.

[break][break] Glad that was in Rocket and here to stay.

[break][break] There is an almost amusement in his eyes as he looks at Ashley as he breaks what is possible the worst news to him. It's not like Jayden was particularly close to Ashley's parents, but the death of any family member was bound to be raw. Ironic almost - they killed people every day, and yet it was those that closest to them that needed to burn.

[break][break] "... to OD you?" Pause. "Were you an accident?"

[break][break] It's only now that Jayden's brow furrowed, brimming with a sudden HATE for these people. Jayden and Ashley didn't have the kind of relationship where they often talked about their pasts; as kids, it seemed too real and they were too scared. Ashley had seen Dmitri, but probably never the version of him that Jayden did. And Jayden had never been the type to ask. Except now he was - that is, asking.

[break][break] Another pause.

[break][break] "Did you do it yourself?"

[break][break]

[break]

+ CARGO

[attr="class,"tldr"]
+ YORU disguise [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 7:39:39 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Comforting. It's at least letting him breathe easier. Even if it was just yesterday.[break][break]

"Well, you know. I was in the foster care system in Kanto. Never did know my birth mom. Or my father until recently." He confesses, the foster parents the only thing Jayden could even relate them to. And even then, they were far and few between. A toxic, vile taste coats his lips. "I found out my mother was a sex worker. Nothing wrong with that, but my father was just another client. When she brought it up to him, he-"[break][break]

The bitterness moves through him, and Ashley finally feels it. He was lucky to be born at all. It just... hits him all at once the gravity of that.[break][break]

"He put my mom on heavy duty drugs, in an attempt to force a miscarriage, or kill her and me both." The words leave his mouth. For what must be the tenth time today, he can't believe how crazy it sounds after speaking about it.[break][break]

"I survived it. She had me, and due to addictive substances... Katherine Sheperd gave me to an orphanage in Kanto, away from my birth father. In a hopes to give me a better life." Sorrow was not a new emotion to him, it just felt weird. He had hated her all this time, and it just clicked recently how much she actually had loved him. His eyes prick with tears, as he wipes them away with his sleeve. "She uh-" His voice is cracking, his lips trembling. "-she got her act together and had another kid. She died years ago. Here, in Hoenn of all places. Her body is buried in Slateport."[break][break]

As for the question of if he did it himself.[break][break]

"Yeah. I did." Confession made.

[break][break]

NOTES

- OUTFIT & MASK, MUSE - SHIFT[break]
- Ash bitterly admits his crime, and reveals his birth parents to Jayden.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 7:45:28 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"] For all the awful things that his family had done to him, it could not be said that they did not love him and his brother. Maybe in their own twisted way. But Jayden had always born to fill expectation — whether it was his father's perfectionist mindset, his mother's twisted view, or his inheritance.

[break][break] Rocket was his inheritance in the same way that tragedy seemed to be 's.

[break][break] Jayden was not a touchy person. In fact, the number of people he allowed to touch him were ones that he could count on his hands. However, the sight of crying evoked emotion in him — the same way that it had been evoked when he'd seen crying that day he had returned to Hoenn.

[break][break] He'd always been better with actions instead of words and so, silently, he steps forward. Gently, he reaches for Ashley's head and places it on the crux of his shoulder.

[break][break] Jayden knew that there weren't any words he could say to make it better. There weren't any words to make it so Ashley had grown up with a normal family.

[break][break] "When this is all over," he says, mimicking 's words to him. "We'll go visit her."

[break][break] Silently - the words go unspoken:

[break][break] You don't have them. But you have me.

[break][break] It's the way they always were.

[break]

+ CARGO

[attr="class,"tldr"]
+ YORU disguise [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 7:54:35 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

He wants to go visit her. He does. Ash wants to meet his half-sister, and be able to tell her everything is going to be okay. As Jayden reaches over, and helps him. Stabilizes him, Ashley just can't help but wipe away the tears, and shake his head.[break][break]

"No." He smiles quietly. "I just... want to make sure she's okay. She's alive, and that's enough. You know that bank heist I asked your permission for?"[break][break]

The reason he wanted to was, initially, a trip with Kep, but he does admit.[break][break]

"I'm putting 200 thousand in an account for her. No name. Nothing. Some things are better left unknown." He's resolute on this point. No chance he would ever speak with her. No chance he ever wanted to. If she can live a life away from Rocket, from him, from the half-brother who would go as far as to kill so many to get to a man that nearly offed her mother...[break][break]

That would be enough.[break][break]

"Can we be friends again?"[break][break]

It's innocent enough. Like a child's hope, piercing through the black tar of their traumatized adulthood.

[break][break]

NOTES

- OUTFIT & MASK, MUSE - SHIFT[break]
- Ash refuses to meet his half-sister, instead citing he will be giving her money from the heist[break]
- It's his last act of protection to her.[break]
- Ash asks if they can be friends again.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 8:04:29 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"] It takes him a second to put two and two together. That Ashley isn't talking about his dead mother or monster of a father, but rather the child that was the missing piece of the puzzle.

[break][break] The thought brings him to his own brother. To his parents. There were missing puzzle pieces too, and he thought he'd come to terms with their deaths, but the demons from the INTERDREAM had spoken otherwise. Things that were left unsaid.

[break][break] "We could - "

[break][break] Take her in. Keep her to Rocket. Keep her safe.

[break][break] He thinks about all the people he'd let go. All the people who'd left.

[break][break] Before he can speak his thoughts, however, Ashley's words catch him offguard. He blinks.

[break][break] "Again?"

[break][break] He frowns.

[break][break] "Ash, we never stopped."

[break][break] Though he would loathe to admit it, even the betrayal of countless others had not stopped Jayden's heart. It was his greatest weakness - the thing that made him susceptible to punishment and torture from Kanto's elites, and his own father - but his loyalty knew no bounds.

[break][break] His brow arches:

[break][break] "You think I let just anyone call me 'Jay'?"

[break]

+ CARGO

[attr="class,"tldr"]
+ YORU disguise [break]

[attr="class","credit"]