Shou
She/Her
Nineteen
January 30th
Mahogany Town
Unsure!
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shouko
Shouko Kawade
An Old Friend [S][C/Navy]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 22:40:28 GMT
Shouko Kawade Avatar
"This is gonna be your first time meeting him, right?" Shouko asked, her amber gaze fixed on the small Chingling hovering in front of her. The little bell gave an affirmative bounce, its body ringing out in unison with the motion, and she couldn't help smile and reaching up to caress her partner. "He was always keeping his distance, by the time you hatched, after all, so you only caught glimpses. But he's Gabe's older brother, so I'm sure you'll like him."

As that name slipped from her lips, Shouko's smile faltered a little. She'd never imagined that there'd be a day where she of all people would be healthy enough to get out and see the world... and yet, Gabriel wouldn't be there. The boy who'd been coming to see her since she'd been a sick little girl, who promised that some day he'd show her the world...

...she'd told herself she wouldn't cry today. "I can't let him see me like this," Shouko mumbled, quickly rubbing at her glassy eyes before they could get any worse. Seated in a newly-purchased outfit and with a backpack filled with new trainer items by her side, she would've felt a little silly to have her makeup smearing... "...speaking of which, why did mom insist on putting anything on me before they left? She knows I'm gonna be traveling."

This time, it was a gently caress from the Chingling's soft rope thread that brought her attention back to the present, and she gave the little bell a renewed smile. She had her partner with her, so everything could only go well.
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 5:41:46 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Growing up is hard. Navy reflects on his own ascent into adulthood. He was only sixteen, then. Three years younger than Shouko is now. It was no gentle thing, with supportive parents. He doesn’t mind. He did what he had to so Gabe could have a good life. It’s what an older sibling does.[break][break]

And how happy he is that his brother had such good friends. That his heart was kind. There are some who see a girl like this and see only weakness. Prey to be exploited. That’s the way of the world. Gabe saw someone who needed a friend. Someone he wanted to be friends with.[break][break]

Silly kid. His affection was and is infectious. It’s hard for Navy not to care about her, too. It’s why his stomach is a deep pit of dread. She’s exiting into a cruel world. A world that eats girls like her up. When he has time to spare to think about her, he thinks about how she could just as easily be at the next Sootopolis disaster.[break][break]

But that’s natural, right? That’s just a part of growing up. People must make their decisions and abide by the consequences of their actions. She can’t stay a little girl forever.[break][break]

The least he can do, after his long absence from her life, is see her off. Maybe offer her a safety net. A middle ground between independence and solitude. Yeah. Nothing wrong with that…[break][break]

So, he moves through the crowd at the appointed time, the appointed place. Standing above most other shoppers. Tall. Lean. His face lined with old worries. A full six pokeballs slung at his waist, just in case Rocket decides it’s time for a terrorist attack.[break][break]

He offers her the same easy smile he always does. Most often proffered in passing when he picked Gabe up. Now, just for her.[break][break]

Hey, kid.” It’s what he called Gabe, too. There’s only seven years of difference between them, but it feels like a lifetime. It’s said with affection. “It’s good to see you again. How’ve you been?” His gunmetal eyes look to the chingling. A sweet little thing.[break][break]

Who’s your friend?

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Cadence

Shou
She/Her
Nineteen
January 30th
Mahogany Town
Unsure!
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shouko
Shouko Kawade
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 7:11:38 GMT
Shouko Kawade Avatar
Even at a distance, he isn't hard to pick out from a crowd. Even after several years, he still had his distinctive hairstyle, and between his build and his features, the only thing that'd changed was just how much his age showed through... even if only a little. Even as butterflies threatened to get the better of her, she couldn't suppress smiling back the way she always had, when he called her by that familiar nickname.

"Hey, Mi--" she began, before faltering and shaking her head. That was the name her own mom and dad used. The name his parents would have used. It wasn't their name. "No... Navy. Gabe would never forgive me if I called you something else, ehihi... anyway, it's good to see you too."

While the words were as true and natural as anything else she could've said, her smile twisted into an awkward half-frown again as she reminded herself of the one they'd both lost.

Thankfully, Navy was already to the rescue. "Ah, this is my little companion Beatrice," Shouko said, grateful for the chance to focus on something else. She gently closed her hands around her Chingling and stood from her seat as she turned it to face the older trainer. For a few seconds, Beatrice studied Navy closely, leaning forward in Shouko's grasp, before jostling her body back and forth, her arms and rope lengths waving in unison as she rang out in greeting. "Ah, I guess Bea must like you. I had a feeling she would."
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 16:31:27 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Likewise.” He says with easy confidence as she says it’s good to see him again. After shutting himself off from the world for near half a year, it’s good to see someone – anyone. All the better that it’s a familiar face.[break][break]
He assesses the Chingling. His estimation is that he wants to protect it, just the same as the girl. Beatrice, too, doesn’t know the sort of world she’s stepping into. She’s strong, but the things he’s seen…[break][break]
Navy fights down a memory of a man wreathed in shadows, forcing Pokemon into submission. A monster that kills because he can…[break][break]
No, it’s a good day. Not a day for memories. Not a day for thinking about what might happen. He forces the smile back before it can fade. Navy waves to Beatrice.[break][break]
Well, I’m glad she likes me. I’d hate to make an enemy so soon. I’d let Voyager out, but somethin’ tells me the staff wouldn’t like that.” None of his Pokemon are suited for strolls anymore.[break][break]
Well, you’ve made it. You can have yourself a proper journey, like in the movies. Lemme buy ya some ice cream to celebrate. I’ve got a craving for some mint, myself.” He turns to walk towards the food court, expecting Shouko and Beatrice will follow along.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Cadence

Shou
She/Her
Nineteen
January 30th
Mahogany Town
Unsure!
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shouko
Shouko Kawade
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 22:24:14 GMT
Shouko Kawade Avatar
"Oh? Hmm... I guess someone with Pokemon as... potent as yours would have trouble letting them out just anywhere, huh..." Shouko hummed, tapping her chin as Beatrice gently floated back up to hover above her trainer. "Well, I heard so many stories about your partners and the exploits you've had together, so I'd love to meet them whenever we're in a less inconvenient place!"

The girl nodded to herself, smiling softly. If there was one thing that Gabe had done more than anything else, it was sing praise to his older brother. And Shouko found all the stories she'd been told inspirational. "...yeah, I'm certain that even someone like me could learn something, being around someone as strong as you..."

Shouko immediately perked up at the offer of a treat. "I mean, you don't have to, but uhm... I guess if you want..." Taking a step forward from her seat, she began to follow along behind Navy, her partner drifting along just above her shoulder. "Mint's good. I can't remember all the options they have, and they might have a good seasonal option, so maybe I'll wait and see what they have before choosing."

They were walking now, and they'd gotten through their other topics of conversation. What else could she bring up...

"Oh, uhm... my mom and dad were really good to me and helped breed my starters, so I know I was kind of lucky on that front. I know it's been a while for you, but what kind of partners did you have, when you were first getting started?"
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 22:46:57 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

For a while, it was just Ironsides, Voyager, and me.” Navy says as he browses what they have on offer. A hundred different flavors. Multiple scoops. Anything a person with a sweet tooth might want. He looks to the person manning the counter and says “Mint. Double scoop. Whatever the girl wants, too. On me.” He puts some pokedollars down, enough to cover the charge. Just a twenty, but it’ll be enough.[break][break]
Before last year, I wasn’t really a trainer.” It’s half a lie. He’s never collected a badge. Navy learned how to fight in battle, behind closed doors, underground. There’s a difference between a sanctioned League match and real combat.[break][break]
You know a ‘mon I always wanted, but never really got? An eevee. It’s hard to find ‘em. Way harder than you’d think. These days I mostly stick to dragons, fighting types, and steel. But, if you really wanna learn anything from me, I’ll teach you what I can.” He nods.[break][break]
Plus, I’ve met a few of the gym leaders. Josh Devlin, the Mauville guy. Racer. Noah Fabar. I know him through Lopez.” He speaks about the top champion of Hoenn like it’s no big deal. Just another topic of conversation. “Either one of them would be willing to properly teach you how to battle, if that’s what you’re interested in…”[break][break]
His voice trails off as the ice cream is handed to him. It’s good, as the ice cream in Lilycove always is. He remembers coming here with Gabe when they could afford the expense.[break][break]
If you don't wanna battle, there's contests. Melody could help with that.” Another casual mention of a famous person. Melody Miro, Hoenn’s darling. Idol and member of the Elite 4. “Or just wander around, live life. No matter what, I'll help ya figure out what you wanna do.” He grins at her. “I owe that much to the girl that made my little brother smile like nobody else could.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Cadence

Shou
She/Her
Nineteen
January 30th
Mahogany Town
Unsure!
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shouko
Shouko Kawade
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 19:58:28 GMT
Shouko Kawade Avatar
Ironsides and Voyager... It took her a few seconds, but she was able to recall which Pokemon those names corresponded with. Skarmory and Arcanine. In hindsight, it felt silly that she'd had to ask - Gabe had bragged about those very Pokemon on multiple occasions, and she'd had to ask for reminders about them so often that she couldn't truly forget it at this point. She just needed the reminder.

As Navy voiced his order, Shouko quickly scanned through the options. Oh, this was always so difficult... so many favorites... so many flavors she'd enjoyed with Gabe and her parents... maybe that meant it was time for something different, then? "I think... I'll have the raspberry chip. Just a single scoop for me, though, please."

Now that they'd ordered, the conversation could turn back toward other things. "Ehe, I guess I'd never thought about Eevee being so tough to get. Since mom and dad were affiliated with the Ecruteak Dance Theater, they were able to make arrangements to get a pair of them. Guess I never really realized how privileged our family's been..." Particularly compared to the Navidsons... the man who stood before her now had lost both of his parents when they were all just children, and now he'd lost his brother as well. The thought was almost enough to cause her to tear up on the spot, but Shouko fought the feeling back.

"...wow, you really do know some impressive people," she said softly, accepting her ice cream and having a taste. Even though she'd felt good about the flavor, it was still surprisingly good, enough to brighten her smile a little. "Obviously, working with someone I know would be a little more comfortable, but I would be happy to learn from whoever I can."

As she enjoyed her ice cream, Navy finally managed to truly catch her off guard. "That... that's not fair, ehi..." Shouko muttered, rubbing at her eyes as they began to water. "You can't just say things like that... besides, you didn't see how much he was smiling while he bragged about his older brother."

Noting the change in her trainer's demeanor, Beatrice gently floated around and rubbed the girl's head with a rope end.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 5:11:52 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Eh, I’m not all that impressive.” He says with a smile, dismissing the notion that he has done anything impressive. “If you see these League people, even a little bit, in action, you realize how crazy they are. It’s somethin’. I can’t talk about it too much, especially not out here in public, but man. It really makes you feel like a small fish in the ocean, watching ‘em go.” He remembers being under Dewford Town, scrambling for his life and screaming. Frantic with fear, his heart racing. He didn’t feel like a hero then. He was just trying to survive.[break][break]
But if you wanna start out small, you can always work for me over in Slateport.” It’s an olive branch, a lifeline. She can climb the pathway to adulthood without having to be on her own. He’ll protect her, for that’s just his nature.[break][break]
You can be my secretary, or help me solve cases. You can do whatever you want when you’re not helping me, and you can crash at my place while you apartment hunt. There’s even a girl around your age. She’s a little younger than you, so you’d be her senpai.” He throws that last line in to tease her, just a little bit.

[break][break]