95 posts
Niky Racz DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun4
Niky Racz
Idol Breakdown!
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 1:13:55 GMT
Niky Racz Avatar
Niky had to raise an eyebrow at that. Poor guy...he would have to agree about the kids of a parents' business partners shouldn't count. "I agree. Often times, parents just hope their kids get along with their business partners just so they can continue running the business. Instead of, you know, letting the kids be kids and go after their own hopes and dreams." Niky seemed to have had all the luck in the world. Particularly maybe to Jade. He had supportive parents, a good manager at the time, and jerk-off that stopped his career short was even tossed into jail. Support, and more. Jade...seemed to have nothing. Just literally worked his way up.

"That said, it sounded like you literally had nothing good out of your childhood, let alone any kind of support to help you get here. And now look at you, closer to your dream than ever before. Kind of makes me wonder if anyone will appreciate how much you've worked to get here..." Beyond just him and maybe a few others. Perhaps just his drive would be the one to carry the lad up all the way. But it would be disappointing to not have anyone to brag about it to or celebrate the accomplishments with, too. Despite being a mostly individual artist, he often celebrated and collabbed and stuff with his family. It always felt good to celebrate with others. Alone time was great and all...but there was only so much one could take.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Rivers
he/him/his
February 1st
mossdeep city
pansexual
idol
civilian
single
6’0” height
6’0” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
121 posts
jade rivers DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaderivers
jade rivers
Idol Breakdown!
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 23:01:26 GMT
jade rivers Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg1"]

[attr="class","header"]LIVE LIFE FOR YOU NOT FOR OTHERS

[attr="class","setting"]

As he spoke about parents wanting their kids to get along with their business partners, he nodded in agreement. This had been especially true of his father, who had drilled into him the importance of making a good impression on others, particularly his business partners and their children.
[break][break]
The sad thing was that it had nothing to do with him getting along with people his own age. It had everything to do with making a good impression on his father's business partners. In short, his father had only wanted him to get along with their children so as not to embarrass him.
[break][break]
"Yes, nothing meant more to my father than work. He was always telling me that only those who work hard gets far in life," he said with a small shrug. While there was some truth to that, it was also true that working too much could be harmful. It was a wonder his father had never burned himself out.
[break][break]
He nodded again as he spoke. Not much good had come out of his life before he had struck out on his own. However, all the good people he had met after striking out on his own made up for his father's coldness. None of those people were with him now, as he had left them behind when he had moved on. But that's not to say he hadn't made new friends.
[break][break]
Since coming to Hoenn, he had made new friends. "Yeah, my dream is within reach," he agreed with a small smile before continuing. "Maybe not family, but I have friends. I made friends everywhere I went after striking out on my own, and coming here is no different. I was able to establish more friendships since coming here. So I guess I do have a bit of a support system."[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg1]position:relative; --accent:#5accd0; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/vm5txnzG/IMG-1564.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg1 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Nike
He/Him
December 1
Lilycove City
Homosexual
Music Retail Worker/DJ
Civilian
You May Say I'm a Dreamer, But I'm Not The Only One
awards
95 posts
Niky Racz DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun4
Niky Racz
Idol Breakdown!
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 21:51:30 GMT
Niky Racz Avatar
Workaholic. Being productive was good, but...not at the expense of family. Jade really did get the short end of the stick. Although...sounded like he had the right idea. "He's not wrong. Sounds like he took it too far though. He's not completely right either. I'd say the rich and super rich tend to get pretty far without doing a whole lot." Riding on the coattails of earlier generations of success. Once in a while, the heir might be just as good or better than the previous one, but not usually.

Things weren't all bad. Jade rewarded Niky with a small smile, and stated that he had made friends everywhere he's been. "That's great! Well, my knee is feeling better, so I'm ready to get up and get going. Shall we?" Handing the ice pack to an assistant, he stood up and started to walk towards the exit. He was ready to just walk and stretch. Hopefully with some company beyond his own Pokemon.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Idol Breakdown!
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 20:45:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: