thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
feed the machine [post-d]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 4:05:47 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Rocket's medical tent is a busy, hectic place. Ringed by defending Pokémon and grunts, they'd part upon recognizing a fellow Rocket to allow entry. A faint PRESSURE in the air, nigh imperceptible to those not paying attention, would perhaps betray that Lugia lurks in the nearby ocean.[break][break]

And if Lugia was near, then so must be her chosen.[break][break]

Temp would find Gavin sitting in recovery, his wounds cleaned and stitched up. [break][break]

He'd fought Temp about coming here, only so far as he'd been able to before his husband made it less of a choice and more of a demand.
[break][break]
He looks up from his phone as Temp enters the tent; he's done so for everyone that's entered, occupying the time he's meant to spend resting by instead taking an inventory of names. Survivors, and those not so lucky.[break][break]

There's a brief widening of the eyes from concern, before he registers why Temp is probably here and offers him a dry smile.[break][break]

"I've been good," he insists, holding up his bandaged arm. "Didn't even do it myself."[break][break]

Temp Rararie is entered into the list; Rocket at large still didn't know either of their real names.[break][break]

"Did you come to check on me?"[break][break]

Begrudging though he'd be to admit it, it was nice to have someone care so much.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Comms (Extra, no rewards for Gavin)

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,596 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 5:19:40 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

The tent flap opens and Temp glances around. He'd only half believed that had come here, stubborn man, but the faint feeling of Lugia gives him some hope.[break][break]

Temp isn't shy about leaning in to press a quick, chaste kiss on Gavin's lips. Staking his claim on the other like a dog pissed on a hydrant.[break][break]

"I did." No point in hiding it. But Temp's smile is tight. Much as he loathes it, he isn't just here for pleasure.[break][break]

A click of the tongue.[break][break]

"League's about to pincer some of our troops in the western hall of the cavern. I needed someone with more clearance than me to give a warning."[break][break]

[attr="class","tag"]@ tag

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 5:27:50 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Gavin tilts his head back to accept the kiss, drawing blood with his teeth.[break][break]

Somewhere deep, the click of a tongue means something more to the seasoned Rocket. He tenses briefly before registering it as nothing more than a sign of agitation.[break][break]

"You think they wouldn't listen to you?"[break][break]

There's a spark of indignant anger in Gavin's tone, not directed at his husband. It was hard at times to divorce the man he loved from what the rest of Rocket often saw when they looked at him.[break][break]

That would change, Gavin thinks, after today.[break][break]

"I don't have my earpiece," he admits. "Got busted in the fight. Let me borrow yours, then."[break][break]

He holds out a hand. A pause as something hits him.[break][break]

"How'd you know?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,596 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 5:34:53 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Temp let's the first question roll off his back with only the slightest grumble. They both could pat his low self esteem into something manageable later, when there wasn't a battle to win. Instead, he does as told and pops the earpiece out of his ear and places it in 's hand.[break][break]

Oh, fuck.[break][break]

"Oh, fuck."[break][break]

Temp's eyes widen a bit as he reaches up to touch his other ear. Which is still filled with earpiece.[break][break]

"I didn't tell you." Then again, who could blame Temp? He'd been too worried about keeping his husband alive and out of the League's hands.[break][break]

"I captured shortly before I intercepted Raziel. Took her earpiece off of her."

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 5:41:53 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Gavin's eyes narrow.[break][break]

"Didn't tell me what?"[break][break]

He's on edge after a rough day, and it comes out sharp.[break][break]

Whatever he expects, it's not the news of 's capture. Delight and anger at being kept out of the loop grapple for dominance, his eyes narrowing even as the ghost of a smile touches his lips.[break][break]

"And you didn't think that was important?!"[break][break]

He could chew him out more in a moment. For now, Gavin pops the earpiece into his other ear, the left still dull of hearing after the blast.[break][break]

"Granite forces, be advised. Pincer incoming. Evac your wounded and reposition."[break][break]

He waits for acknowledgement before returning his attention to Temp.[break][break]

"You told someone else, I hope." He glances around as if expecting to see the Councilwoman in chains nearby. "Where is she now?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,596 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 5:47:56 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I had something else a lot more important to worry about." Is answered back without missing a beat. Temp's eyes shine as he gives a meaningful and proud look. I would do it again. Over and over. they seem to say. There is a fierce love there.[break][break]

"The earpiece is actually how I knew where you were... It happened pretty quickly."[break][break]

Yet, not so quickly as...[break][break]

"She's with the other POW as far as I know. I dropped her off and then bolted." To save you.. But Temp keeps that part quiet, in case his husband is still feeling emotionally tender.

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 6:01:01 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Confusion is brief before reality crushes his chest.[break][break]

Oh.[break][break]

Where Temp looks proud, fierce, it is shame that returns to Gavin's expression.[break][break]

Me. You were worried about me.[break][break]

Because while Temp had been capturing a fucking Council member, Gavin had been captured himself. The back of his neck burns hot, and suddenly Gavin wishes he were alone.[break][break]

Temp keeps quiet, but Gavin doesn't need the verbal continuation to understand.[break][break]

He opens his mouth, but can't seem to form any words. He snaps it closed a moment later and looks away, hands wringing in his lap. Self-loathing is something not often felt by the arrogant underboss; was this how Temp felt all the time? He couldn't stand it.[break][break]

"They might need help at the Cave."[break][break]

Gavin gets to his feet, clenching his teeth at the pain that jolts through his leg.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,596 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 6:07:03 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Temp sees it hit . What he meant.[break][break]

There is a softness in Temp's eyes as he watches the other move. Get up and grit through pain. Those onlooking might mistake the look for pity.[break][break]

Usually, Temp would fight Gavin on this. Say he's too injured. Too wounded to help. But Gavin's pride is wounded right now. Temp did feel like that all the time; like he should apologize just for being alive at all. That taking up space was too much. It was Gavin who was helping him to feel more comfortable with existing.[break][break]

Temp knew something about self loathing. And he knew that, right now, trying to force Gavin down would only make him sink deeper into it.[break][break]

"We should stop by the Rotomi and grab some of our B teams." His own pokemon were exhausted. Gavin's couldn't have been much better.

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 6:34:59 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Gavin expects a fight, already has the acid he'll spit burning the back of his throat. But Temp doesn't argue with him, and some of the shame is washed out by an overpowering affection for the man he'd married.
[break][break]

He shakes his head, though he does start heading to the Rotomi for Temp's sake.
[break][break]

"Got some of my shadows still," he explains, deterring the doctor that tries to stop him from leaving with a fierce look. "Didn't use them against Raziel 'cause I had the Suit."
[break][break]

His shadows were brutal powerhouses all, but far less survivable without the miasma's boon.
[break][break]

"Would've sent them out when my Dhelmise went down but he threw one of these at me."
[break][break]

Beside the Rotomi is a box of spare supplies to which wounded Rockets could donate their own, to be carried out by a grunt to the front lines. Gavin picks up a STICKY GLOB and glares at it as if it had personally wronged him.
[break][break]

Of course, that would lead to a logical curiosity as to how Gavin had been using his hands when Temp had found him, but Gavin doesn't provide that detail in his bitter recount.
[break][break]

"Luxray's fresh, too. Think I'll name her Scathach."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,596 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 20:40:51 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Mama Scathach and baby Mitten. Quite the pair." Temp teases, more at his own silly naming conventions than anything. Temp plucks a few Scatterbangs from the box to fill his pockets before tapping on the Rotomi.[break][break]

"Most of my team have been fucking trashed by now. I just hope the rest of my pokemon can keep up." Not all of them were as well trained as the killers he had brought to the battle. Yet he might be a bit more better off with two less aquatic pokemon hanging at his side.[break][break]

There is a long stretch of silence as he flicks his eyes over the screen. Temp chews his lip, hums, and then gives a few rapid taps. His current pokemon are digitized and deposited until he can grant them some care and rest. Six more sent out to replace. That, plus the Fodder he had on him just in case, should be enough.[break][break]

"We might not have as much synergy now." A shame but one they could both work around. "Will Lugia let me hitch a ride?"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 23:00:11 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Stole her from Benoit," Gavin says of the newly christened Scathach. "Not sure what he was doing with her, but she sure as hell wasn't hard to convince."[break][break]

He smirks at the memory, allowing it to bolster his flagging confidence some. He needed to focus, for Rocket's sake.[break][break]

Having already deposited his weakened team into the Rotomi, Gavin merely takes the opportunity to rifle through the supplies. Finding nothing he'd want to take from the hands of a less experienced Rocket who may need it more, he leans against the machine to keep his weight off the injured leg while Temp finishes up.[break][break]

Mention of Lugia sees him frown. He'd insisted she take time to RECOVER, same as he had.[break][break]

"Think she's asleep," he says, "but we can take my Dhelmise. Mostly used it to get around, so it's fairly fresh."[break][break]

He sends out the ghastly anchor, its blood red seaweed colony slithering around the rusted metal like a horrid serpent. A click of Gavin's tongue prompts the portal of a PHANTOM FORCE.[break][break]

"She would've, by the way," he adds, before they step inside. "She likes you well enough."[break][break]

Shadows swallow him whole.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,596 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 0:44:47 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Benoit? Small world. I killed his Venomoth earlier." had also had a strange pokemon for him to look into later... odd sword thing. But Temp would note that down to later.[break][break]

"Hope she feels better." It's nice to know the legend thinks somewhat fondly of him, though. Temp makes another mental note to teach his own Dhelmise this move; it was useful for getting around. That was one of his biggest weaknesses when in battle.[break][break]

A sudden bought of paranoia hits him, wondering if they're about to step through to an ambush.[break][break]

But Temp just shakes that off and reaches for 's hand. To tangle their fingers together briefly before stepping through and into the unknown.

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 2:50:17 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: