[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She doesn't know when it happens but at some point, the haze of panic in her head begins to wilt away with the fading buzz of angry bees. And yet, she doesn't try to move from her spot, her nerves far too frayed to register any new movement. It had been pretty hard to notice it in the moment but now that she's allowed time to cool down whilst the rangers are busy with their whole analysis, she realises that the remaining white noise she's hearing is the drumming of her heartbeat in her ears.[break][break]

Dry is her throat when she opens her mouth to speak, devoid of words with any actual substance. In fact, the only sound she can make is a weak squeak, one that will probably suffice as a reassurance to Navy that she's still alive. But should she say something else? Does she have any regrets she wishes to voice out?[break][break]

No, she had already said that she wanted to offer her aid. It would be pretty horrible of her to withdraw that statement now, wouldn't it? Well, as long as Navy doesn't mention anything, she's okay to just sit here and try to recover from that little shock.[break][break]

Though, going off what she already knows of his personality, she's pretty sure that he'll have something to say.
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || mission

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
to burgle a beest
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 22:29:25 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

They pass time in the safety of the tent. No one bothers them. No one questions the girl. As far as they are concerned, she’s helping, so they’re willing to overlook anything deeper than that. Navy knows a fight is coming. He’s handed off his Pokemon to get seen after by one of the many nurses manning an impromptu Pokemon Center.[break][break]

They have time. Eris has been quiet this whole time. Keeping to herself. He’s known her for all of two days, all told. They nearly got killed on top of a car together. That makes them acquaintances. Maybe even siblings in arms. But they’re not friends.[break][break]

Yet still, there’s someone in pain there. A girl, and a kid. And someone Navy wishes he could help. He doesn’t know what to say to her. Maybe nothing he says will matter. Maybe he’ll isolate her further. But, all he knows is…he has to try. He doesn’t want this silence to keep going.[break][break]

Hey, Eris.” Navy’s voice is slow. Considerate. Like he’s trying to consider what he says with utmost care. “You seemed scared back there. I don’t know what you’ve been through. I don’t know your life story. I doubt you wanna just tell it to me but…I just want you to know, it’s alright to be scared. And if you don’t wanna go back out there with me, it’s alright. I won’t hold it against you.”[break][break]

It's said, and he hopes something in there gets through to her.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,743 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
to burgle a beest
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 23:20:48 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]There it is, that kindness that aims to kill her resolve and her already fragile mental state. Her fingers curl around the singular pokeball - Reiner's very own - observing the many stories woven in by the tapestry of scratches across its surface. The little stars she'd painted on all those years back seem to be fading... does she need to give a retouch?[break][break]

"I-" Stops to take a breath and swallow that rising unease. "I'm fine." She murmurs, eventually finding just enough energy to pull herself back up into a more comfortable sitting position. "Who'd get scared over some dumb bees?"[break][break]

She turns to look at Navy for once, crimson eyes meeting his gaze with far too many messages that she can't start to translate from the thoughts in her brain. Determination to continue? Guilt over worrying him? Relief that he had noticed? Anger that she had allowed him to notice?[break][break]

Fear - A singular drop in a wide ocean of conflicting emotions, love and lies. Try as she might, its influence runs deep in her veins: The way her fingers press so hard against the pokeball that it grows an awful white, the way she tries to suppress a tremble in her voice, the way she's still tense despite the passing of the threat.[break][break]

"More people could get hurt if we don't do something about this. They need help... that's all that matters."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
to burgle a beest
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 23:34:11 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

She’s right. More people are going to get hurt if they don’t help. There’s a whole world of problems out there. There aren’t enough trainers to help. The officers are spread thin. The rangers are spread thin. Even the Rockets, the ones that actually care about Hoenn and want to help it, are spread thin. There’s not enough help to go around. The people here can’t afford to turn down two trainers that actually know what they’re doing.[break][break]
You’re right.” He admits to her. “Without us, people are gonna get hurt. It’s crazy. You’re so young, but you’re already a great battler. Probably better than me, despite how crazy some of these guys I’ve raised are.” He’s not too proud to admit that. He’s going to have to overcome everyone on his path to the top eventually, but for now…[break][break]
For now, he lets her have that consolation. Whether she wants it or not. He’s bad at lying.[break][break]
I’m not gonna turn you away. But I promise I’m gonna try and keep you safe. You don’t need me to do that, but I’m gonna do it anyway. I had a little brother, once. It’s…it’s really hard for me to not wanna help out people who remind me of him. So, pinkie promise, I’ve got your back.” He kneels by her and holds up a pinkie. Just like he used to do with Gabe.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,743 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
to burgle a beest
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 1:23:06 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]A great battler is moulded through trials and tribulations. Unfortunately for her, the challenges she had faced to get to such a point are probably things way beyond Navy's own reckoning.[break][break]

He fights to grow stronger, she fights to survive.[break][break]

"I- You should focus on yourself." She notes the way he said once, knows that whatever may be plaguing him is something that isn't hers to touch. And the fact that he sees him in her? It's hard to say whether she should be proud that she acts that way, or guilty for misleading Navy with this mask.[break][break]

Still, when he kneels and offers a pinkie promise to watch out for her, it's not something that she can ignore. All promises are sacred in one way or another, and to dismiss his promise is like ignoring that painfully beautiful glow of his sincere heart.[break][break]

"I've got your back too." Her pinkie hooks around his, her words now something that binds her fate in the matter with his. "We're gonna solve this problem together. Like real detectives."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
to burgle a beest
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 18:10:12 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Their fates, or at least the health of their pinkies, are now bound inexorably together. Were an outsider to observe them, it looks a wholly absurd premise from all sides. A grown man making a pinkie promise to this girl with the severity of a matter of state. Her, just a solemn, half caught in her own world, eventually coming around to at least agree to see this through with them. Navy stands up, crosses his arms, and looks solemn. There’s nothing more to be said between them, here and now.[break][break]
A whistle interrupts the moment. A patronizing, cocky sound. Arrogant, like the snippet he saw gives this stranger some amusement. In walks a ranger in a wide-brimmed Unovan cowboy hat. Across his shoulders is a red scarf. Electric blue eyes look from detective and girl, then back again.[break][break]
Well awright. Navidson, l’il lady. Looks like you two’re up. Got a big mission. Analysis shows whatever’s drivin’ the bees crazy’s comin’ from a big hive deep in the forest. Rangers’re gonna launch an offensive t’keep the area under control. You two gotta break in, try n’ scout the hive. See whatcha can find.”[break][break]
The stranger briefs them, crossing his arms and looking them over once again. Whether or not he likes what he sees (or knows who Eris is), none can say. If he does, he’s certainly not saying anything. In times like these, Hoenn needs all the help it can get. This minor crisis could spill out onto the town if not controlled.[break][break]
So, any questions, or are you two ready t’go? Everybody in on the operation’s mountin’ up.”[break][break]
I’m good.” Says Navy, who also looks at Eris. “Ready when you are, Leading Lady

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,743 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
to burgle a beest
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 8:02:53 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]In that moment where they seal the deal, there is comfort to be found, a kindling of hope placed within Navy's hands. But it's just as quick to fade as it comes, the sharp whistle making her flinch as she pulls her hood down.[break][break]

A hive, a big one, the ranger claims. And like the detectives they are, what else should they be doing but breaking and entering? This doesn't count towards doing bad things like she does in Rocket, right?[break][break]

"Let's get goin'n." Her words string together as she gets to her feet, almost strangely similar to a Kantonian accent. Her pulse isn't fully at rest, but perhaps that may be helpful for when she needs a sudden burst of adrenaline later. Tugging on the straps of her backpack, she takes a deep breath and whistles through gritted teeth.[break][break]

"Sneak'n?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
to burgle a beest
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 6:25:44 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Navy looks down at her with a nod and a wink. She’s got a good mind on her. That was his thought, too. These Ranger bastards are so gung-ho to jump on the frontlines and play hero, let them. They’ll swoop in after the bees are engaged. Less work for them, more work for the rangers, same paycheck at the end of the day.[break][break]
The real trick, if you ask me, is letting the run on ahead. We’ll be right behind ‘em. Let the Rangers do the heavy lifting.” Navy tosses out Lizzy. His Cyclizar looks at him excitedly, wagging her tail and letting him on. Both Navy and Lizzy look to Eris, wondering whether she’ll hop on or stick to Reiner.[break][break]
Either way, the rangers blow a whistle. It sounds the attack. Several of them move out. Navy’s sitting there, waiting. Letting them engage. And then…[break][break]
Once more into the breach. Revving the clutch attached to Lizzy, he urges her to speed off. Galloping until her wheels again momentum, Lizzy launches herself through the woods. The buzzing is there again, but no bees, whether Combee or Beedrill make themselves known. The rangers are doing their parts.[break][break]
Up ahead is the hive, thus far undefended. It’s time for them to do theirs.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,743 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
to burgle a beest
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 6:55:21 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]It's nice not having someone brash on her side, someone willing to listen to the logic of a child instead of straight up scoffing at it. And she'll follow Navy's lead in calling out her pokemon, taking great comfort in being able to give Reiner a good old hug. Like the smart cookie he is, he catches onto the plan rather quickly, wrapping his tail around Eris' torso and waiting on Navy's signal to make a move.[break][break]

A rev of Lizzy's engines, the scratches of his claws against the ground. He launches off without a moment's hesitation, noiselessly striding through the undergrowth and leaping over obstacles with ease - The pay-offs of manoeuvring around a forested gym for months, he supposes.[break][break]

As they approach the hive, Reiner is on high alert, suppressing his growl to a quiet rumble. Like Eris, he honestly dreads to be anywhere near here. Though it's not quite the same scenario, nor do they know what awaits them, they can feel their guts being wrenched, their throats growing dry.[break][break]

Tugging at the straps of her backpack, Eris finds her mind prickled by the flashes of the Future. Perhaps, a final warning for her to steel her will. The brief shaking out of Reiner's mane tells her that he's received it too, and so she takes a deep breath, looking to Navy with a clear message in her eyes.[break][break]

Whenever you're ready..

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
to burgle a beest
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 17:45:45 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

That’s hell he’s riding into. No other way to describe the inside of a hive full of angry bees. Navy muses that Voyager could simply burn the whole place down, spare them all the problem. Beedrills and their ilk are pests anyway. After consideration, he dismisses the thought. That would hurt the ecosystem. It might spark a fire that would spread to the nearby town or cause massive environmental damage. It also doesn’t remotely solve the crisis. Something’s got them agitated. If they don’t discover what’s riling them up, it’ll just spread to the other hive.[break][break]
Alright, Leading Lady.” He gives her a thumbs up. Cassius, his Machamp, taught him that. No matter how dark the day, Cassius smiles and gives four thumbs up. With a goofball like that around, it’s hard to have low spirits. Navy strives to follow his example.[break][break]
Let’s give these rangers something to bee-lieve in.” It’s a terrible pun. Lizzy audibly sighs before rolling towards the hive. Her speed is near unparalleled. This is what Lizzy is made for, being ridden into battle like a steed of old. It’s not quite as dashing an image as riding in atop a Rapidash, but it doesn’t need to be. It is every boy’s dream, even if most won’t admit it, to ride a dragon.[break][break]
Their brains get them to the hive entrance unmolested. It is a massive structure, winding down underground like an anthill. Navy doesn’t know how far it goes. Inside, rangers are doing battle with many of the Beedrill. Kakuna are hanging from the walls and ceilings. Their eyes look down, judging them all. They are annoyed, hateful looking little creatures.[break][break]
Their road down is a long, winding, spiral path. A beedrill buzzes into their path. Lizzy screeches and lunges forward. The white dragon delivers a dragon rush before skidding past the Beedrill, sending it slamming unconscious into the wall of the hive.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,743 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
to burgle a beest
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 22:10:01 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The way he barrels through the seriousness of this situation with positivity is honestly something she wishes she could do, but to continue in means that any hopes of her cracking a smile is dashed. Like Lizzy, Eris offers a very much disappointed look at the pun, the sentiment most definitely shared by Reiner. For now, they'll simply mark this down as Navy being an old man in his own rights.[break][break]

In silence they tread deeper, donning the chaos as a disguise. Save for the spiteful gazes piercing through their souls, the Kakuna are harmless: A far cry from the menace that they'll become late-[break][break]

A monster looms before them, her blood runs cold. But before she can even make a move, Lizzy already has it covered, throwing it across the corridor in a clean knockout. Her grip on Reiner's shoulder tightens for a brief second, earning her a quick glance from the Luxray, accompanied by a grunt.[break][break]

"Let's keep going." Voice but a murmur, the urgency in her words still shines. "They'll have noticed us."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
to burgle a beest
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 16:31:22 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Much as I appreciate the distraction our ranger buddies are causing, it was bound to happen eventually.” Navy hates making that admission. They’re in the heart of enemy territory. While the vast majority of the soldiers are outside fighting this war for their queen, inevitably some will notice them as the bees rush to the frontlines. Combees buzz about, singing their merry songs. It seems, within this particular hive’s ecosystem, they’re the workers. Even the fighting outside doesn’t sway them from their routine.[break][break]

So long as they stay a certain distance away, the swarms of combees don’t seem to mind them. Wanting to test this theory out, Navy pulls an apple he swiped from the rangers out of his pocket. Aiming it near one of the small swarms, he tosses it. Before the apple so much as hits the ground, the combees swarm around it, piercing the apple through.[break][break]

More are attracted to this errant apple, not turning to face the people descending into the dark swarm of this wax hive. How much deeper can this go?[break][break]

Look out!” Navy says, looking up as a Beedrill threatens to descend upon them. He’s caught by surprise, unsure whether the bee is about to dive on him or the leading lady.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,743 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
to burgle a beest
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 3:06:15 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Eventuality isn't something that she finds easy to embrace, especially not in situations like this. To be strung by anticipation for either a fleeting moment of happiness or unyielding anxiety, Eris has had her fair share of being dragged around and needless to say, she's been trying to get back on her own two feet.[break][break]

Thankfully, Navy is there to help her along this bumpy road, using a single apple as a half peace offering, half bribe for the worker Combees. And in the time that they abandon the pathways leading deeper into this maze, the four of them make a move and sneak right on by unhindered.[break][break]

But danger looms from above. Navy's yell gets Reiner kicking into high gear, his tail rapidly pulling Eris to the ground as he summons a Springtide Storm. And she squeaks as she lands with a loud 'thud', her eyes widening in fear as she scrabbles backwards.[break][break]

Not again.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
to burgle a beest
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 16:32:26 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Eris,” Navy says as he sees the fear in her eyes, “Eris!” The great detective hold up one single pinkie in a show of solidarity. A wordless reminder that he’s got her back, come what may. As the powerful attack subsides, he pulls Lizzy closer to Reiner. The two are practically side by side as they reach the bottom. On the other side of a large door sealed by strong wax is something pulsating with red energy.[break][break]
It scares him. Navy imagines it scares Eris, too. They’ve come this far, they’ve broken into the heart of the hive. Now, they have to face the music. A whole swarm of beedrills descends upon them. A dozen of them at least. Any eagle-eyed man worth his salt can tell a few crucial facts concerning certain creatures at a glance. None of these Beedrill are exceptional. There is no such thing as a factory made or mass produced Pokemon, but these come close. There is no power in any individual. None have been trained under the keen eye of a trainer.[break][break]
They’re just soldiers acting on instinct. Navy supposes, in that regard, he’s not so different from them. It’s time to get a little clever.[break][break]
They’re not gonna get us, Eris.” Navy promises her. “Trust me, I got a plan.”[break][break]
Hattori is launched from his pokeball again. Smoke spills out of his mouth, pointed upwards. Lots and lots of smoke, naturally produced by the creature. If Eris knows anything about beekeeping, she might just know where this is going…

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,743 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
to burgle a beest
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 22:11:30 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The first call does nothing against that writhing bundle of frenzied tearing, clawing, eating at her logic. The second only gets her to look over to , and it's no longer fear that inhabits that gaze -[break][break]

It's death.[break][break]

Even Reiner is pushing against Lizzy's flank, the way he tries to pace backwards causing his fur to bristle against her scales. Blood rushes through his veins in erratic pulses, low growls mixed with cracks and whimpers as his gaze darts around. They're surrounded, their stingers growing closer with the quiet promise of poison and pain. There's no escape.[break][break]

Smoke obscures their vision, the Luxray sharply pulling Eris towards him before they get separated. And this entire time, she doesn't realise how blurry the world has gotten, nor how painfully the bridge of her nose burns. All she knows is to cling onto the sanctity of a promise, to hold onto words of those long past -[break][break]

Be brave, Eris.[break][break]

She can't.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT