6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Un-Bear-Able [M][C/Hailee][PAST]
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 18:50:16 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
TO: Josh Devlin (josh.devlin@hoennleague.gov)
CC: (hailee.jacobs@hoennrangers.gov)
MISSION: "Un-Bear-Able"
PROTOCOL: Rescue
DANGER: ★★★★☆

We have received a distress call from a couple of young trainers trapped in an ice cave near the center of the Silent Icelands. Strong winds are forecast to blow through the area for the next several days, making rescue by air impossible. They have reported that a horde of Beartic, led by an Alpha Beartic, are on the prowl around them. If the Beartic were to breach the cave, the couple's survival would be unlikely. Your mission is to locate and rescue the two trainers and their Pokémon.

Your objectives are as follows:

A) Locate and rescue the young couple.
B) Eliminate the Alpha Beartic.

The Alpha Beartic has been deemed a Priority Two threat by the Hoenn Rangers and must be eliminated. You are free to disperse the remaining Beartic through whatever means you see fit. Please see attachment for the couple's last known coordinates.

Good luck! We're all counting on you.

The Silent Icelands.

It was a location Josh didn't want to ever return to. It was a source of much trauma for him. Even his Pyroar steed, Simba, was apprehensive; he had been around Aslan for much of the time the alpha of Josh's pride was hospitalized. But he had to. There were people in need. Furthermore, Head Ranger had tasked Josh with scouting Rangers that would make good candidates for promotion. The number of dangerous tickets being submitted through RangerNet was increasing at an alarming rate, and Hoenn's Rangers simply didn't have the capacity of qualified personnel to handle them all.

Josh hoped would be one of those.

He had brought a number of his fire Pokémon with him, though he had to mind their size. His very largest fire Pokémon, such as Arcanine, might not be able to fit inside the cave. Simba wasn't huge like Braver and Craggro were, though he was still large for his species. Seated on the fire-type lion, Josh and his Alpha-sized Kantonian Ninetales, Mystic, approached Hailee. There was a clear look of unease on his face as he turned away from the biting wind. "You must be Hailee. Great to meet you. Elite Ranger Devlin or Gym Leader Devlin, but I go by Josh," he introduced himself, offering a handshake. "If you don't have a fire Pokémon to take to our destination, you're welcome to hop on Mystic's back," he gestured toward the golden, psychic fox in riding gear. "She'll keep you safe."

Note: This mission takes place in late January.

{WC: 429}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Simba           Pyroar            Good
Mystic          K!Ninetales       Good
Braver          K!Arcanine        Good
Craggro         H!Arcanine        Good
Clyde           Flareon           Good
close tab

played by

SailorArti

Lin
She/Her
March 5th
Castelia City
Pansexual
Model / Art + Design Student
Ranger
The hardest thing, I'm too selfless to leave~
awards
179 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hailee
Hailee Jacobs
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 13:14:55 GMT
Hailee Jacobs Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","hj2"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

It hadn't been that long since Littleroot and her accidental trip to that other realm, but it would seem that she was busier than ever. It made sense that the Rangers had their hands full with everything going on. At this point Hailee was no stranger to staring danger and death in the face, but somehow it still never changed the sinking feeling in her gut.[break][break]

The location today was one of the byproducts of the meteor clash. An eternal winter. This place didn't look like a magical wonderland but a frozen hellscape. And the silence here was deafening. Hailee fastened her coat tighter around herself. Despite all the care and additional layers she had put on in preparation, the cold here still chilled her to the bone.[break][break]

"You must be Hailee. Great to meet you. Elite Ranger Devlin or Gym Leader Devlin, but I go by Josh," came the greeting from her superior as she approached the designated meeting spot. Hailee accepted the handshake with a gloved one of her own. "Nice to meet you...erm...Josh?" she wasn't sure if she should address him so casually but he had said that was the name he went by.[break][break]

"If you don't have a fire Pokémon to take to our destination, you're welcome to hop on Mystic's back," he said as he motioned towards his massive fire fox decked out in riding gear. Hailee nodded in greeting at her before turning back to Josh. "I have one but I wouldn't mind sticking by her. If only to conserve some energy on our journey." she said as she gently patted Mystic on her head.[break][break]

As they were going through introductions Raijin, her emolga, poked his head out from her clothes where he stayed buried and hidden before. Hailee caught the movement from the corner of her eye before she offered a sheepish smile. "Ah, it seems he wanted to say hello too. This is Raijin, Raijin this is Josh." she said as she scratched his head with her nail gently.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

🌟 xtra notes:[break]
🌟 mission: the silent icelands[break]
🌟 outfit

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.hj2]--accent:#dea992;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hj2]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 8:00:14 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Yep Hailee, Josh is my name!" the Mauville Leader and Elite Ranger chirped back to the younger Ranger. "You don't have to be so formal around me. I don't bite, I swear!" he smiled. With Hailee's acceptance, the golden fox would crouch to let Josh's mission partner climb on more easily. If she did so, she may have been able to feel a psychic hold from the Ninetales' EXTRASENSORY; its purpose was to keep her from falling off her mount. Vulpine Pokémon were a bit rougher of a ride than equines and even most canine Pokémon. "You'll need every bit of it you can get, especially in this cold. It's why I brought Simba here. He's my Pyroar." While he wasn't the king of his pride, the fire-type lion was still quite large for his kind, and just as geared as the Ninetales was.

Josh let out a coo at the sight of the Emolga, waving towards him. "While my career path limits me to catching Pokémon I can ride on, I have an appreciation for Emolga. They're so adorable and reliable." Once travel had been arranged, Josh would lead the way in the direction of the coordinates listed in the briefing. "How much experience have you had with Alpha Pokémon and Space-Time Distortions?" he asked.

{WC: 220}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

SailorArti

Lin
She/Her
March 5th
Castelia City
Pansexual
Model / Art + Design Student
Ranger
The hardest thing, I'm too selfless to leave~
awards
179 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hailee
Hailee Jacobs
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 22:19:07 GMT
Hailee Jacobs Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","hj2"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"Don't let his cute appearance fool you," Hailee said with a smirk towards Raijin, "He's a little rascal." she warned as Raijin puffed out his cheeks in protest. In regards to Hailee's experiences with Alpha pokémon Hailee really had to stop and think about it. She wasn't sure she'd run into any Alpha's though she'd certainly run into plenty of dangerous situations. [break][break]

"I'm plenty familiar with Space-time distortions, but there's always more I could learn. As for Alpha pokémon, I can't say I've encountered many. But I believe I'm flexible enough to adapt quickly in intense situations." After all, after numerous brushes against death, she'd have to be. [break][break]

She quickly mounted the Ninetails that was offered to her, giving her another soft pat as a thank you for the Vulpine pokémon being so accommodating to her. The extra security from the psychic hold the pokémon emitted was welcomed as well.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

🌟 xtra notes:[break]
🌟 mission: the silent icelands[break]
🌟 outfit

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.hj2]--accent:#dea992;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hj2]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hj2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 4:28:12 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The warmth the two fire Pokémon provided was certainly welcome in the freezing environment. The Emolga's mischievous nature reminded Josh of when Aslan and Saber were still youngsters. "Young Pokémon tend to be like that," the racer nodded as the Pyroar and Ninetales picked up the pace, though comfortably so to avoid overwhelming Hailee. "As a trainer whose career path necessitates fully-grown Pokémon, it's difficult for me to justify catching Pokémon while they're young. While it's harder to catch and train Pokémon that evolved in the wild, it's much faster than evolving them yourself. Besides, Pokémon that were caught wild make the best mounts. It's like riding a thunderstorm." Snow began to fall; though the heat of their mounts kept the riders dry, visibility dropped around them, making the search more difficult.

"There's a link between Space-Time Distortions and Alpha Pokémon; you don't really see those red-eyed Pokémon outside them. And it's a good thing, too; they're really dangerous." Almost all of Josh's ride Eeveelutions came from them, and some of them, such as Inky the Glaceon, were quite moody. When he realized he had one of them with him, the Gym Leader released a rather large Flareon; one big enough to wear a saddle. He was still rather small, and particularly tall people would have to lift their legs off the ground to prevent them from dragging, but he could carry Josh with little trouble. "This is Clyde. I ran into him in one of the Distortions, and when I caught him, his red eyes were gone. It's like... like removing an Alpha Pokémon from a Distortion removes its Alpha status. They're a handful to raise, but they're really rewarding if you can bond with them. I have seven other Pokémon like Clyde - the entire rainbow of his kind. Mauville Gym is really well-known for them."

{WC: 317}
{PC: 3}