black city, unova
gay
bartender / thief
grunt
you let me
desecrate you
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
so sweet with a mean streak. cigarette daydream.
awards
124 posts
DAMIEN RUSSO DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damien
DAMIEN RUSSO
parole
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 2:48:50 GMT
DAMIEN RUSSO Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","damien-wrap"]
[attr="class","damien-main"]
[attr="class","damien-words"]
[break]
A PHONE CALL WITH AN OLD FLAME
[break]

How many times had he listened to that stupid fucking message? Too many to count. Like a fucking dumbass.[break][break]

Why? Why had it gotten under his skin like this? Three FUCKING years, Frank. FUCK. Showing up out of the blue like nothing happened. Fucking asshole.[break][break]

picks up his phone. Checks the call logs. Presses the callback button... then immediately hits END.[break][break]

Fuck. Fuck this stupid fucking goddamn—[break][break]

He breathes. Tries again. A few rings echo out on the other end... before it connects.[break][break]

There's a long pause. He fidgets, picks at his fingers, pulls his legs to his chest. [break][break]

When Damien finally speaks, it's only to say one word:[break][break]

"... Slateport."

[attr="class","damien-notes"]

[newclass=.damien-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.damien-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
Act as if you’re a wealthy man, rich already, and you will become rich.
awards
284 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
parole
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 12:24:34 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank1"]

Only a couple of days had passed since Frank had left Black City Correctional Facility, since he had regained his remaining possessions and called Damien. He was drinking coffee and eating a sandwich at a diner near his childhood home when his phone rang.[break][break]

Damien's name popped up on the screen.[break][break]

The surge of elation that filled him felt almost foreign. Prison had denied him this kind of happiness. Immediately, Frank answered.[break][break]

"Hey! Damien! How are you? You got my message?"[break][break]

He was met with a long, tense, moody silence. Then a single word reached his ear.[break][break]

Frank's brow furrowed. "Slateport? Like in Hoenn? The fuck're you doing in Hoenn?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.frank1]--accent:#E7E7E7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frank1]font:13px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

he / him
december 31
black city, unova
gay
bartender / thief
grunt
you let me
desecrate you
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
124 posts
DAMIEN RUSSO DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damien
DAMIEN RUSSO
parole
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 12:37:10 GMT
DAMIEN RUSSO Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]
[break]

Hearing Frank's voice after so long was like a punch to the gut. To Damien, it felt like the air was being knocked out of him. Something roared in his ears, beat at his ribcage from the inside like a prisoner begging to be let loose — anger? Indignation? Something softer?[break][break]

No, definitely anger.[break][break]

"...Work." The word was terse. The exact opposite of Frank's elation.[break][break]

"I had to move a few years back." [break][break]

Unspoken, but clawing at his mind: when you left me, you fucking asshole.

[newclass=.damien-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.damien-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
awards
284 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
parole
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 12:46:27 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank1"]

Work made sense. Frank understood the need for work, especially considering Damien's situation at home. He was practically the guardian of his siblings.[break][break]

"Wait, is that way I never had a visit from you?" Frank asked as the realization hit him in the gut. The taste of it soured the sandwich he was halfway done chewing.[break][break]

Something like a sullen fury started to brew in his chest.[break][break]

"You could've at least called me, Damien. I missed you."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.frank1]font:13px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

he / him
december 31
black city, unova
gay
bartender / thief
grunt
you let me
desecrate you
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
124 posts
DAMIEN RUSSO DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damien
DAMIEN RUSSO
parole
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 13:00:43 GMT
DAMIEN RUSSO Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]
[break]

"..." [break][break]

Silence. Again. And barely contained rage.[break][break]

Maybe Frank could sense it in the way Damien drew a sharp breath at 'I missed you.'[break][break]

Maybe Frank knew to expect the anger anyway. He'd known Damien for so long now, it seemed like forever. Before... everything went down, Frank practically knew him inside and out. Or it least it felt that way back then.[break][break]

But now? Had that changed?[break][break]

"I was busy, Frank. You know I can't fucking—"[break][break]

He cut himself off. There was another intake of breath, this one slower. A deep inhale, a prolonged exhale.[break][break]

"What do you want?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
awards
284 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
parole
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 13:11:07 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank1"]

Frank knew he'd touched a nerve. Both of them were emotionally raw, gnawing on bitterness and spite that had built up over three years. He hated prison, hated being so far away from Damien, hated not even hearing the other man's voice until that exact moment.[break][break]

"I want to see you."[break][break]

Frank could have said anything else in that moment. I want to restart my life or I want to make it up to you. But the simple truth came out without any way to misunderstand him.[break][break]

"I'll take a look at flights. I just have to pack a few things, settle some stuff on my end, then I'll be over."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dove

he / him
december 31
black city, unova
gay
bartender / thief
grunt
you let me
desecrate you
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
124 posts
DAMIEN RUSSO DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damien
DAMIEN RUSSO
parole
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 13:57:14 GMT
DAMIEN RUSSO Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]
[break]

I want to see you too.[break][break]

The thought popped into Damien's mind before he could even really process what Frank had just said. [break][break]

"What? No, fuck—" This was all happening so fast.[break][break]

Damien's cuticles bled where he'd picked them raw during the course of their conversation.[break][break]

"You should stay in Black City... your kids need you." [break][break]

I need you...

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
awards
284 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
parole
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 16:30:22 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank1"]

Frank could not keep the bitterness out of his tone anymore. "Jackie doesn't think so. I told you in my voicemail — she won't let me see them. I can't even talk to them on the phone."[break][break]

Jackie might as well have told him they weren't his kids. And in typical Frank fashion, he was going to run away from his reality like a petulant child.[break][break]

Washing away the bitterness with his coffee, Frank turned to pleading, bargaining.[break][break]

"There's nothing for me here anymore, Damien. Even you're not here. If I'm going to be a nobody again, let me at least be with you."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dove

he / him
december 31
black city, unova
gay
bartender / thief
grunt
you let me
desecrate you
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
124 posts
DAMIEN RUSSO DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damien
DAMIEN RUSSO
parole
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 16:49:51 GMT
DAMIEN RUSSO Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]
[break]

A nobody. [break][break]

The sentiment riled Damien up all over again.[break][break]

A nobody. Just like he was. They'd come up in the same neighborhood, hung around the same crowds. But Frank always had so much damn ambition. Nothing was ever good enough. Even the people that had practically raised him.[break][break]

"Fuck that, Frank. What do you expect me to do with that, huh?" [break][break]

He nearly spat the question through the phone. Three fucking years.[break][break]

Damien was livid. Ready to fight, to let out years worth of pent-up frustrations. He almost did, too.[break][break]

But realized there wasn't a point. Frank always got what Frank wanted, anyway.[break][break]

"Man, whatever. Do what you want." [break][break]

Like you always do.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
awards
284 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
parole
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 17:00:49 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank1"]

If Frank heard the venom in Damien's voice, he didn't react to it. He merely smiled, because he would do exactly as Damien expected: whatever he damn well pleased.[break][break]

"Great. Listen, I'm gonna go, but I'll text you when I get details about my flight. Can you meet me at the airport in Slateport?"[break][break]

He didn't wait for a response in the affirmative.[break][break]

"It's going to be like old times, you know? I can't wait to see you. Bye!"[break][break]

And with that, he hung up.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dove

he / him
december 31
black city, unova
gay
bartender / thief
grunt
you let me
desecrate you
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
124 posts
DAMIEN RUSSO DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damien
DAMIEN RUSSO
parole
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 17:15:25 GMT
DAMIEN RUSSO Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]
[break]

"Wait—"[break][break]

Click. A dial tone was all that was left of .[break][break]

Damien let his phone fall from his ear. It got tangled in his comforter as he curled up in his twin bed.[break][break]

The twin bed in his shitty Slateport apartment. The shitty Slateport apartment that Frank might be visiting soon.[break][break]

Fuck you, Frank. Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck YOU.[break][break]

Damien squeezed his eyes shut, willing his anger to engulf the stupid, awful, goddamn excitement he was also feeling.[break][break]

Old times, huh? [break][break]

Maybe for him. But time hadn't frozen for Damien the way that it had for Frank. [break][break]

Three years was a long time to wait.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
parole
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 1:08:17 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]COMMS COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: