Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,648 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Kane [S]
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 17:34:08 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev stared at Isaac for a long moment, long enough for most regular people to start feeling unnerved. Then he nodded. "I expect a counterattack by the League, especially if we took prisoners."[break][break]

The reports had mentioned Councilwoman and a Ranger Captain, though Zev had not recognized her name. A third woman had been listed, too, but she didn't seem important at all. At least not in his eyes.[break][break]

"They are going to want their councilwoman back as soon as possible. If we're keeping her in Sootopolis, we need to fortify our defenses there."[break][break]

Already, different strategies ran through his mind. He would have to discuss them with and especially . S.P.E.C.T.R.A. was as much an initiative for Team Rocket's defense as it was an offensive component of the organization.[break][break]

"In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they send Avatars to retrieve her," Zev added.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Post Postdormitum

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Kane [S]
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 3:10:22 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Elinor. He'd fought her, at least until her Pokemon ended up in a state of mortal peril. A part of Isaac couldn't help but wonder if her seizure was his fault.[break][break]

Still, it was Rocket's problem now. They had a Councilwoman, and that meant they'd be facing the League's best and brightest. "No matter where we keep her, they're going to go after that place with everything they have," Isaac agreed. "And they'll prepare to bust it open best they can. We could try to fake them out, but if they figure out the ruse . . ."[break][break]

A darker thought came to Isaac's mind. "What if they try to fake us out?" Isaac asked, voice hushed. "You don't think the League would use their own councilwoman as bait to hit us from behind, do you?" The idea felt unthinkable, even coming from someone who had no love lost for the League. He didn't think they were amazing people, but they were still kind of the Good Guys here, right?[break][break]

Perhaps, for a foe as ruthless and persistent as Rocket, any ends justified the means.[break][break]

"All the more reason for us to start kicking that program into gear, huh?" Isaac asked. If there were any Rocket endeavors he could agree with, it was teaching regular people how to take the fight to gods themselves. "You've been studying this kinda stuff for a while. What do you think's the best way of taking an Avatar on?"[break][break]

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,648 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Kane [S]
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 16:09:04 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"I wouldn't put it past the League to do something like that," Zev admitted, "so we should prepare for all kinds of scenarios."[break][break]

But that was something to discuss with the underbosses. And at the moment, Zev was finishing his laundry. After moving the wet clothes into the dryer and starting the cycle, he returned to the couch to finish folding.[break][break]

"The best way to take on an Avatar is with a squad of seasoned fighters. Going one-on-one against any one of them — unless you're an Avatar yourself — is a stupid strategy. And the group must have experience fighting to kill, and fighting together."[break][break]

Too many grunts in Team Rocket would be slaughtered due to lack of experience, lack of killing intent, or both. Which is precisely what 's trials intended to ascertain: who might succeed and who would die.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Kane [S]
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 4:39:40 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac was hoping Zev would tell him that idea was ridiculous. Unfortunately, he agreed that Isaac's concerns were realistic. Well, shit. "If that's the case, we're gonna have to keep up a two front defense," Isaac said. "They might even take this chance to study us. See where we prioritize keeping our guard up."[break][break]

Zev's fighting lessons had rubbed off on Isaac well. Train your opponent to move a certain way, then pull the rug out from under them. Isaac wondered where the League would choose to pull the rug first.[break][break]

Luckily, that may have been the best case scenario for Rocket. An army would be fodder at worst, impractical to guide at best. Lone agents would be outmuscled if they weren't Avatars and at risk if they were. If there were small anti-Avatar squads, a few could at least be kept at each of Rocket's two bases. That means there wouldn't be any to spare for going on the offensive, but perhaps that was okay. Rocket might need to play rope-a-dope for a bit instead of overextending themselves.[break][break]

They couldn't afford to lose their victory before they tapped its full potential.[break][break]

That said, hadn't Zev said Avatars, not Avatar? That changed the calculus some. "If they send multiple, do we send multiple squads?" Isaac asked. "Or are we going to take care of our homefield advantage to fight smarter, not harder?"[break][break]

Set up right, both the sub and Sootopolis could be rigged into killing fields. It was a possibility that gave Isaac equal parts peace of mind and terror.

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,648 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Kane [S]
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 13:35:36 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"If we don't fight smarter but harder, we deserve to lose," was Zev's blunt reply. "I need to talk with the S.P.E.C.T.R.A. administration to understand the plan."[break][break]

The rest of Team Rocket's upper brass had disseminated reports following the Ultra Deep Sea mission, but outside of their contents, Zev was unfortunately out of the loop. Recovering for three days had isolated him.[break][break]

He needed to correct that immediately. Perhaps he'd email Felix later that day.[break][break]

"Is there any update regarding the Seal Stone and what it can do for us? Or any other new developments?" Zev asked Isaac. If the blonde wasn't going to leave, Zev figured he'd get an update on unfolding events following their victory.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Kane [S]
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 21:10:49 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"No updates to report yet." Or, at least, no updates that Isaac could understand. Isaac knew a lot of Rocket's eggheads, and he even had a way of triggering and 's inspirations, but that dodn't mean he always had perfect knowledge of all their plans. The Seal Stone was one of those things where a lack of clearance and lack of education meant he was in the dark.[break][break]

"I can tell you they're real hard at work on it. Been hearing we might get some breakthroughs in . . . a month? Month and a half?" They were back of the napkin estimates at best, but ones there was a lot of buzz about. "Nomes should have more deets, if you ever want some peeks behind the curtain."[break][break]

She was the smartest woman Isaac had ever known. It was such a shame those smarts were twisted to these ends.[break][break]

"Outside that, I should probably let you get some more rest, huh?" He could feel that his use in this little chat had come to an end. At this point, if he didn't have anything else to bring to the table, he was expected to clear his seat and wash his plate. "Catch you later, once I've got more to report."[break][break]

He wanted to leave. Despite this, a last thought burned at the back of his mind. "Hey, Zev?" he asked, an unspoken request for permission to speak. "I'm glad you made it back in one piece."[break][break]

It was such a shame that his life, too, was twisted to such ends.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,648 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Kane [S]
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 0:00:45 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev nodded, accepting the lack of updates for what they were. Only three days had passed, after all. "I'll talk with Sato, then."[break][break]

Isaac was excusing himself at last, much to Zev's relief. As much as he missed Nenet's presence in his apartment, he wasn't interested in extending that sentiment to anyone else. They weren't worth it.[break][break]

Zev did look up, however, when Isaac called out his name.[break][break]

"I'm glad you made it back in one piece."[break][break]

The Beast grunted, a noise somewhere between a scoff and a laugh. "I told you I'd be fine. It will take a lot more than a single knife to take me down."[break][break]

Little did either of them know just how right he was about to be.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Kane [S]
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 3:59:24 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(REPEAT)