saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
rapture
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 14:06:14 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

champion of hoenn. would that not be something?[break][break]

painfully ironic, maybe, to hold that title when the region wants nothing to do with him. the people would cast him aside and forget him, as he's been told.[break][break]

you're a cog in the wheel. 's voice repeats again and again, nagging, persisting.[break][break]

the sounds of cheering barely do enough to pull him away.[break][break]

"."[break][break]

he stares across the battlefield surrounded by spectators.[break][break]

"i know how much you love the spotlight! are you ready for our challenge?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rapture
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 16:38:28 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"well, better now than later, i guess."

he makes a quick overview of his team in his head, carefully crafted to mirror matias' vibes one way or another. he starts thinking if he should switch one of his pokemon with something else as payback. he already has a few other options ready hidden in his pockets anyways.

the decision was put on hold though, since losing this test meant not having to deal with a repeat challenge from him.

"four v four doubles sound good to you?"

despite the official nature of the match, the casual relationship between the two still remains, manifesting in carefree jests and chatting in the pre-game lobby. kyle is certain it's going to continue throughout the fight as well.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
rapture
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 4:24:44 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

his team remains the same—standard—unchanging even when matched against the strongest trainer in the region because he is not one to roll with the punches. he is the aggressor. kyle will be the one forced to adapt.[break][break]

"anything you want, my friend."[break][break]

he palms two pokeballs, not yet calling them out.[break][break]

"how serious are we taking this?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rapture
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 8:05:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"enough for a show," he answer. "you do know that you guys don't actually need this for the title, right?"

still, he gets it. it's for the same reason he kept challenging gyms despite having attained the title of an elite four back then. it's the sport that gives people the thrill, and an experience he can keep as little testaments of the normal, daily life on hoenn.

a pair of pokemon gets released on the field: a heliolisk and a ninetales. the drought is enough to suggest that kyle is playing to matias' gimmick, if one could call it that.

"unless you really want me to go serious. should i?" he does have a backup team ready.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
rapture
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 8:50:53 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"i know, but this is fun. when else will we get to battle?"[break][break]

the last time was during the hoenn star tournament in slateport which was years ago. he still remembers how his snorlax was swept by kyle's houndoom.[break][break]

"nah, let's just give them a show."[break][break]

with a smile, he cracks open two pokeballs, calling out his team to the field.[break][break]

"after you."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rapture
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 4:06:26 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"we could fight again at melody's old gym," he offers. "i think people there wouldn't mind."

he says he's not the type of person to take up matches for the fun of the sport, unlike most of the elite four, but there's something thrilling with high-stakes fights that just can't be replicated with ruled matches like this one.

three normal-types in the field. that's exciting. at least matias gives him an opportunity to start the fight the right way.

"ah, thanks." he looks at the team matias has brought that showed up on the stadium's screen before deciding his move. "roar that kangaskhan off the field," he tells the ninetales, and to the heliolisk, "parabolic charge to the newcomer."

with a loud roar from the ninetales and a burst of electricity ready to raze whichever pokemon comes next, kyle starts the fight with a bang.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
rapture
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 10:00:53 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"oh come on."[break][break]

the ROAR sends kangaskhan back into its pokeball only to be replaced by a sceptile that isn't quite quick enough to react to the PARABOLIC CHARGE.[break][break]

zapped and stunned but not paralysed, sceptile snaps into the battle with DOUBLE TEAM. blissey provides cover with a COPYCATTED ROAR that looks to send the ninetales fleeing.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rapture
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 8:49:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you can't whine if you're doing it back to me."

the ninetales goes back to its ball, forcing kyle to take another pokemon out. against sceptile and the moves it usually knows, kyle doesn't have much options to choose from.

a leafeon takes the fire-type's place instead.

"this is my virizion lite," he explains to matias. "i only really brought him to match the matias theme."

and also to coincidentally round up the team.

heliolisk shakes the ground with bulldoze, trying to trip the sceptile from further using its footwork to make copies of itself. the leafeon takes advantage of the sun, and heliolisk's move, and fires off a weather ball at it.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
rapture
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2023 8:01:50 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"that doesn't really fit me."[break][break]

but he guesses the leafeon could pass off as virizion lite. it's missing the strength, grace, and agility of the sword of justice, however, so maybe not.[break][break]

the hot WEATHER BALL is glanced at before he barks out an order.[break][break]

"blissey!"[break][break]

the egg nurse knows its duty. for such a rotund pokemon, it sure can move quickly. it hops over and leaps to take the attack for sceptile.[break][break]

copies of sceptile begin to disappear from the BULLDOZE. the main one, however, snakes its way through to throw an X-SCISSOR at the leafeon.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rapture
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 11:14:15 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"it totally does," he argues back. "it excels on the physical side of things and it's fast under the sun. unless you're saying you aren't cute."

like a dog.

"guys, it's time to pace up the momentum," he tells his pokemon.

up close, both the sceptile and the leafeon don't have much time to react with each other's attack. x-scissor from the sceptile hits, but the leafeon is quick to retaliate. with the speed of chlorophyll, its leaf glows and sweeps under the sceptile's legs, aiming to hinder its movement with solar blade.

heliolisk finds it easy to ignore the blissey for now. its fat ass would take a while to get up because its arms would be too small to get it back up after leaping like that

charging with solar power, another weather ball gets fired towards the sceptile from a different source.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
rapture
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 16:27:56 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

in this case, it doesn't matter what matias thinks. regardless if it's bait or otherwise, he bites like a starving sharpedo.[break][break]

"are you saying i'm cute?"[break][break]

sceptile's leg suffers a nasty cut from SOLAR BLADE, sizzling green-flesh oozing blood for moments before blissey's HEAL PULSE comes for it. even when tipped over, the nurse plays its part.[break][break]

"beat their pace!"[break][break]

sceptile's ASSURANCE comes quickly as it ducks under the thrown WEATHER BALL to swipe back at the leafeon.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rapture
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 14:39:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you remind me of foxtrot." his mightyena.

standoffish. aggressive. selectively affectionate on certain people.

the support from the blissey slows down their pace for the other team to catch up. it does what it was intended to do, however, which was to throw kyle's pokemon off their flow

"that's the opposite of upping the tempo," he points out to matias, who probably was just saying things to match what his words like this was anime. "switch targets," he tells his pokemon.

both turn to face the blissey. a solar blade on the leaf on its head sweeps from the sceptile to the normal-type, while the heliolisk charges up its move as the trainer gets specific with it.

"heliolisk, volt switch."

a flash of lightning shoots from the electric-type before it reflects back, forcibly recalling itself so kyle can take the ninetales out again.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
rapture
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 11:29:32 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"why do i remind you of your dog?"[break][break]

the blissey finally stands up only to get slashed with SOLAR BLADE. it cries in pain but does not get tipped back over, not even against the thundering VOLT SWITCH.[break][break]

instead, blissey waits for sceptile to move first. X-SCISSOR comes for the leafeon, and then another as blissey COPYCATS the same move with the clear intention of taking the leafeon out of the battle.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rapture
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 19:24:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you're cute, in a dog way."

whether matias takes it as a compliment or not is up to him, especially considering kyle's own reputation of liking dogs.

cornered by two attackers, leafeon instead decides to take down its attackers with it. a weather ball is fired at close range, splitting into an explosion against the multiple x-scissors that eventually forces it to fall.

on the other end of the field, the ninetales takes its place back and keeping the sun in play. a fire blast is thrown at the direction of the both matias' pokemon, conveniently grouped to double team on the grass-type.

with the leafeon's defeat, kyle takes his heliolisk back to the field.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
rapture
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2023 10:01:51 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the compliment is taken and it makes his heart skip a little, reminiscent of a life lost to nothing in particular. it makes him smile despite himself.[break][break]

"you shouldn't call me cute."[break][break]

as his two pokemon recover from the WEATHER BALL, blissey raises its arms in defiance as it prepares to conjure up a shield of PROTECT only to be stopped by matias' orders: "don't," he says.[break][break]

and so the FIRE BLAST connects, dragging sceptile all the way down to dangerous territories but it is there that it will thrive.[break][break]

sceptile's muscles enlarge, looking OVERGROWN yet still as fast and evasive as ever. it closes in on the ninetales, slashing up with an ASSURANCE once close enough.[break][break]

blissey spends the round MINIMIZING.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]