kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rapture
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 13:28:24 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"well, if you say so."

the ninetales sees the sceptile rush at it, leaving behind the blissey. flames appear with the tips of its tails, firing off small embers of will-o-wisp towards the pokemon, burning it to incapacitate its physical capabilities.

the heliolisk puts itself in between the blissey and the sceptile before it fires a weather ball of its own towards the grass-type.

"should i go with the regular descriptors instead?" he asks.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,115 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
rapture
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 13:36:55 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"no."[break][break]

he shakes his head only to doubt himself.[break][break]

"i don't know. whatever feels natural, i guess."[break][break]

the air around them feels cool as sceptile teeters on the edge of consciousness prolonged by blissey's LIFE DEW.[break][break]

it evades the WEATHER BALL to slash its LEAF BLADE at the heliolisk.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rapture
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 13:43:20 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"what? i thought you didn't mind getting called the scourge of the earth." he teases.

kyle takes a proactive approach in the midst of the fight, uttering a move for his ninetales to follow. "disable." it's an angle most pokemon wouldn't find out on their own.

the disable is late, however. the sceptile has already damaged the helioptile before it can affect the grass-type.

standing between the sceptile and the blissey allows the helioptile to steal some of its life dew, though it isn't enough after the hit it took from the grass-type. it turns to the blissey, and with its solar power, drains it with parabolic charge.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,115 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
rapture
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 13:47:16 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"i wonder who came up with that. it beats the volatile."[break][break]

with the sceptile's main weapon DISABLED, it's left having to rely on its X-SCISSOR as it chases after the heliolisk, intending to slash into its back while it's focused on the blissey.[break][break]

and if it isn't enough, blissey, damaged by PARABOLIC CHARGE, plays COPYCAT and swipes at the heliolisk as well with X-SCISSOR.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rapture
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 13:54:26 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you're so cringe," he chuckles. "don't go edgy villain mode on me."

the ninetales, free from harassment, helps the helioptile out with a localized extrasensory to start an explosion close to where the electric-type was.

it results on a friendly fire, but the explosion blows the pokemon away from being ganged up on.

with distance between it and its assailants regained, it fires a grass-type move of his own in solar beam to take a pot shot at the blissey.

"fine. you'll just be matias with no adjectives."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,115 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
rapture
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 13:59:08 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

he barks out a laugh like a chainsaw revving to life.[break][break]

"i don't think anyone's called me cringe before."[break][break]

his pokemon are thrown in different directions by the EXTRANSENSORY but they get back to their feet without much trouble.[break][break]

the SOLAR BEAM flies but misses due to blissey's prior MINIMIZE. once again, it COPYCATS and fires one in return at the heliolisk.[break][break]

sceptile's burns start to slow, as expected from being next to a HEALER, as it lunges at the ninetales again for an X-SCISSOR.[break][break]

"if only i could be yours."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rapture
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 14:09:43 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the heliolisk cries as it complains, and the ninetales responds by trying to scare the blissey away from the field with roar.

"y-y-you can't say that!"

as thanks for the ninetales' job, the helioptile rushes towards the sceptile with another solar beam, using the move that wouldn't normally hurt the fire-type to push it away in the same manner as it did earlier.

"we're not doing that here. nope."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,115 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
rapture
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 14:17:59 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the ROAR brings kangaskhan back into play, swapping out one normal-type for another. the moment it arrives, it's rushing at the ninetales to rake its SHADOW CLAWS into it, arm as big as a chainsaw.[break][break]

sceptile, blown away by the SOLAR BEAM, is down to its last legs. it pushes off the ground, struggling as it closes the distance with the heliolisk to slap it with an ASSURANCE.[break][break]

"why not? you're cute when you get flustered."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rapture
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 14:28:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i-it's your fault for making this an actual show instead of just a private match in my chamber," he argues.

it doesn't occur to him that once upon a time, it was acceptable for him to make innuendos like that to matias. kyle hasn't noticed his blunder just yet, at least.

the helioptile finally falls from the sceptile's move, leaving behind the fire-type with kyle's final pokemon of the match. it barely stands on its last legs, but it hangs on.

he recalls the helioptile to its ball. "shit, i can't think of a comeback now. it's the audience's fault, i swear." his final pokemon comes out: a mightyena who intimidates both the kangaskhan and the sceptile with its rat dog lineage.

the ninetales fires its fire blast at the sceptile while it grows weary as well, while the mightyena immediately scores for the larger threat, charming the female pokemon with its attract.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,115 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
rapture
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 14:50:03 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

without its HEALER on the battlefield, the sceptile cannot sustain against the incoming attacks. the FIRE BLAST is what faints it. it's quickly recalled before being replaced by blissey, a pokemon that isn't much of a weapon.[break][break]

kangaskhan is ATTRACTED which stops it from attacking even with the clicking of matias' tongue.[break][break]

"would you have preferred a private match?"[break][break]

his blissey's a COPYCAT, and so it ATTRACTS the mightyena.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rapture
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 15:03:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yeah, i just told you."

the use of a move to execute another gives the mightyena some delay to recover from its last move and focus on the battlefield. protect blocks the blissey's own charms. delta, india's brother from another mother, has standards.

the ninetales, sick of the fat blob, rushes at it. using it's same type attack bonus, which most captains wouldn't know of, the fire-type starts its fire-type attack and fires (hehe) a fire blast at the blissey up close.

"am i really the only one?"

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,115 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
rapture
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 15:10:06 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

offended, blissey wants to go on the offensive only to be stopped by its trainer: "don't," he says, and so it switches its stance, forming a PROTECT around itself but only after taking damage from the FIRE BLAST.[break][break]

exploiting a loophole, kangaskhan repeatedly stomps its feet into the ground, causing an EARTHQUAKE to happen that strikes at them all.[break][break]

"yeah," he says with a smile, "you are."[break][break]

there is no deception here.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rapture
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 10:58:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the fire-type falls from the earthquake, but the mightyena stands strong, albeit miffed that it didn't look cool while trying to stabilize his footing under the move.

with no other pokemon left, the mightyena fights one versus two.

it takes the challenge, taunting the blissey to come fight it as well. he knows it wouldn't be an actual fair fight though, since the kangaskhan is still attracted to him.

"...i'll double check records then if your other fights with the elite four aren't publicized."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,115 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
rapture
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 3:07:39 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

with three pokemon left against kyle's one, there's little chance that he would now go on to lose this challenge. so they might as well have some fun for however long they have left.[break][break]

no need to call out his fire-type.[break][break]

"if you must."[break][break]

with the blissey TAUNTED, it has nothing it can do but to flip off the mightyena.[break][break]

"but don't you trust me?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rapture
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 3:19:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"let's just say i know you enough to pick on your behaviors."

the mightyena howls, and takes in the residual primal energy that matias' exudes. the z-move presents a good comeback opportunity for a show that matias somehow decided would be a good idea.

MIGHTYENA: MANAGARMR MIRACLE[break]
FAIRY-TYPE[break]
mightyena temporarily grows in size before attacking its opponent. the residual energy on its fur makes it more durable. this move is more effective at night.

the pokemon might as well be called clifford with its size. it steps on the kangaskhan with its large paws, just like how matias stabs the backs of the people that fall in love with him.

"trusting you doesn't equate to you not stretching the truth on me, you know," he teases.