saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
out of reach
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 14:46:29 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

their last attempt at floating a rescue operation ended well until momentum eventually faded. this time will be different for the stakes are far greater.[break][break]

may be unaware but his bond with is the catalyst of his annoyance as he walks into her office.[break][break]

"penny, we need to talk."[break][break]

the manila folder is offered, placed on her desk.[break][break]

"i need you to approve this."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
out of reach
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 17:32:09 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"sure, just make yourself at home."
[Break][break]
For as close as they'd become, Matias assumption to her time has never worn itself of it's annoyance. If anything, its irritating nature has only been further exacerbated by his arrogance.
[Break][break]
With one finger, Penelope jabbed down on the manila folder's corner, dragging it across the desktop.
[Break][break]
"What the hell even is this?"
[Break][break]
With that same finger, she flipped it open.
[Break][break]
"Oh."
[Break][break]
She granted a moment's pause before looking upward, lips tucked down into a frown.
[Break][break]
"I've heard mentions of this...plan. Specifically, that it had been denied."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
out of reach
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 11:15:01 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the plan is almost a copy of the one they had previously proposed except it has since been reworked to include their latest intel, primarily the list of prisoners.[break][break]

's name sits near the top.[break][break]

"it was, yes. but we both know it's within your power to change that."[break][break]

his fingers tap at her desk.[break][break]

"help me approve it, penny."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
out of reach
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 2:42:38 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"You know I can't do that," she shook her head.
[break][break]

Did she hold the power to approve their plan? Sure, but that would mean directly moving against their commissioner and sacrificing all they'd built up over these passing months. No, that would be far too much to sacrifice for some petty rescue mission.
[break][break]

She shook her head again, solidifying her resolve.
[break][break]

"It'd be far too much of a risk."
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
out of reach
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 9:47:46 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"we'll never win if we don't take risks."[break][break]

which is a beat they've gone over before so he has no intentions of doing so again.[break][break]

he shakes his head, sighing. his gaze trails out the window, past her and all that stands in front of him.[break][break]

"i don't know how much longer i can keep doing this."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
out of reach
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 14:37:37 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Penelope's lips remained terse, her expression cold.
[break][break]
There was little read off his words. They sounded far too distant to grasp.
[break][break]
"Keep doing what?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
out of reach
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 8:55:58 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"this."[break][break]

he spares a vague gesture around them.[break][break]

"trying, fighting, whatever you want to call it. words you want to hear from one of your elite four, i'm sure, but that's where i'm at."[break][break]

a breath.[break][break]

"i'm tired of losing."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
out of reach
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 6:16:30 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

It was tiring, this charade he was playing. This game of manipulating the playing field to get what he wanted from her. In some ways ( a lot of ways), it worked, clutching at her heartstrings strong enough to urge a twitch of movement in her pristine frown.
[break][break]

Her eyebrows snap downward and a mirrored breath is released.
[break][break]

"Is this just about getting my approval?"
[break][break]

The question was a genuine one. Brought together by the sticks and mud of stupid concern.
[break][break]

Slowly, she moved to her feet, breaking the barrier between councilwoman and elite four member. If he wanted an open dialogue, he would have one. Controlled as it may be.
[break][break]

"Talk to me about it."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
out of reach
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 5:09:04 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the barrier has yet to be broken for him.[break][break]

"what are we doing, penny? why are we reacting? why are we being so passive?"[break][break]

he asks.[break][break]

"it feels like we're on the back foot. not just with rocket but with everyone else."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
out of reach
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 5:15:57 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"We're not being passive. Preparations are still being made for the upcoming raid and every day we're working at the HBIC to gain an upper hand. "
[break][break]

It was true. And yet, she knew he was asking for more. Far more than anything she could offer him right now.
[break][break]

"It's just that this plan is too much too soon. We're still recouping from the ultra deep see. We can't afford another major loss right now."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
out of reach
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 5:27:16 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

he snaps his fingers.[break][break]

"and that's the problem. you've already decided that this is a loss when it very well isn't. i'll make sure of it."[break][break]

because he does not lose.[break][break]

"but you don't trust me. i know that much. so, tell me, what can i do?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
out of reach
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 5:36:09 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"When you're forced to take the entire region into perspective, uncertainties need to be considered losses. Regardless of who's involved."
[break][break]
They needed to be conservative with their judgments. Because now, thanks to everything that's happened, they've been given the awareness that Rocket was the least of their concerns. Far more rested off in the horizons, nestled deep within the shadows.
[break][break]
"If we had more intel, then maybe that would change, but for now, the situation is what it is. And I don't think there's anything you, alone, can do to change that."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
out of reach
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 5:43:25 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"that's bullshit."[break][break]

he laughs.[break][break]

"so are all the upcoming operations considered losses, then? why even bother at that point if you're going into it with that mentality?"[break][break]

the sigh he breathes out is drenched in frustration.[break][break]

"i'm not trying to do it alone, not anymore, but look at where that's getting me."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
out of reach
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 5:50:24 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"All operations done without the proper intelligence are considered losses, yes. But that's because they're likely to result in loss, regardless of the actual outcome. That's why it's important to wait and vie our time for the best opportunity."
[break][break]

But, of course, it was futile telling him this. Like explaining the properties of science to a bull; there was no getting through to him, no matter how concise or thorough her explanations were. They all came in one ear and trickled out the other.
[break][break]

"Matias, I just need you to trust us in this. I know you want to help these people, but we can't be reckless. There's too much at stake right now."

[break][break]

A pause.
[break][break]

"And I don't want to see you dying over this."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
out of reach
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 9:00:40 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

that's where they differ: if there's even a slight chance they may come out victorious, he'll take it and he'll run with it all the way to the end. he'll throw caution to the wind and do what he has to do. he will fight to his dying breath.[break][break]

and fight he does.[break][break]

"trust you when you don't trust me? is that how this is supposed to work?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]