fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
science of the soul
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 19:44:32 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gideon-wrap"]
[attr="class","gideon-main"]
[attr="class","gideon-words"]

The Border was a disorienting place.[break][break]

It seemed like the many floating mountains shifted in time, moving across the foreign plane into new formations every time returned. It made mapping out the realm virtually impossible.[break][break]

Still, he'd do his best. had requested to see where Gideon had uncovered the oil lamp he'd obtained on his previous visit, to inspect the area where the vengeful spirit of VICTINI had attacked and burned to near death. That spot was close to the entry rift – or it had been.[break][break]

The professor remembered a waterfall close by. A rock face, staggeringly high.[break][break]

"Here." Gideon called out, gesturing to the scorch marks on the stone. "I think we've found it."[break][break]

[attr="class","gideon-notes"]

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap b] color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
science of the soul
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 19:27:14 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Oh, right, don't forget to bring some pokémon with you.” Angelo had warned the professor the evening before they'd set off, casually tacked at the end of their conversation. “I'm bringing it with me. Just as a heads up.

It being the Soul Dew. Usually it didn't come with a warning label attached but locked within the confines the victini soul shard burns ever on, enticing both the living and the dead.

had been given the full scoop, they both knew it was a risk. One worth taking. For a new sense of urgency had wormed its way into Angelo - Latios's whisper of an oncoming calamity, trapped in his ear.  

Thankfully, there had been minimal sightings on the way to the waterfall this time.

I've been here before,” Angelo comments as he crouches down beside Gideon, roar of the rapids at their backs. “We can scratch the waterfall off our area of interest. Victini wasn't hidin' back there.

Above them a mechanical volcarona hovers like a satellite, light bouncing off its amber panels as it captures readings. Even now Angelo thought of his charts.

His fingertips smooth over the charred spot of earth. 

This was where you found the lamp too, right?

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
science of the soul
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 2:43:42 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

"Yes, it was partially buried in the soil here." Gideon squatted near the stone façade, pointing to areas of disturbed earth. He hadn't bothered to refill the hole the vacated lamp left behind, so this was almost certainly the same spot.[break][break]

"There could be other artifacts here as well. I didn't have time to do a thorough search before."
Flashes of his brother's charred body passed through his memory, unbidden and unwanted. Thank Arceus had been miraculously healed.[break][break]

Speaking of miracles...[break][break]

"Is there a way to summon the soul fragment? You said the spirits here were attracted to you before..." Gideon looked around warily, not wanting to repeat his own experience with his sister-in-law's apparition.

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
science of the soul
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 11:57:55 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
How that flat, victory emblazoned lamp had found itself embedded within the border's earth was a mystery.

One that Angelo would've been more intrigued by, had the legendary it was made in honour of not climbed up his list of priorities. 

If one managed to end up here, then I bet there's others. We can take a look around while it's quiet,” he proposes, part of him aware in the back of his head his words incite their studies ruination. Interruption. 

After all, they eventually will gather. The spirits.

It's just a matter of when.  

Hands planting on his knees, Angelo rises to his feet without the urgent flickering of eyes that overtake 's expression. He'd grown used to having someone watching his back... 

They were. But I didn't do anything special, ghosts just started showing up. Kind of like they got a sense it was here.” Hands slip into his pockets, feeling the warmth of the Soul Dew in contemplation. “But I could give it a go?

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
science of the soul
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 17:12:23 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

While Gideon was intrigued by the possibility of unearthing other mysterious artifacts – and especially having his team at the museum verify their origins – he and were here for much less tangible ventures. The soul fragment took priority.[break][break]

It can wait. I can always come back later with a larger archaeological team. Let’s focus on…” [break][break]

Angelo removed the Soul Dew from his pocket. The eternal flame always had a way of mesmerizing Gideon whenever it made an appearance. Pure Infinity Energy. Simply incredible.[break][break]

Do it.” The professor urged, excitement alight within his umber eyes.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
science of the soul
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 21:24:28 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Kudos to the professor, he didn't seem daunted by the promise of vengeful wraiths if it meant gaining precious information about their curious subject.

Alright.

Angelo doesn't ask if he's sure. Doesn't remind him to get his pokémon ready or to exercise caution. His stakes on uncovering Victini's mystery - on uncovering its whereabouts - had grown large enough to leave little room for casual steps.     

Silence befalls them as he pulls the Soul Dew from his pocket, cradling its warmth in his palms. Infinity energy flickering invitingly within, its flames like an enticing campfire within a bleak tundra... 

Soon, they'd flock. Seeking its warmth or a vessels safe passage.   

Hear that?

Skyward, his metallic volcarona has begun to beep.

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
science of the soul
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 2:47:57 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

An expectant silence fell between the two men. It was brief, with craning his neck around for any signs of... well, not life, but the echoes of it. It didn't take long for Angelo's question to receive an answer. Sounds rose from all around them...[break][break]

The wails of the dead.[break][break]

"I do." Gideon confirmed, his voice slightly apprehensive. They were coming, and he didn't want to be caught unawares as he had been so many times in the past. So, Proteus was released from his Poké Ball to accompany and protect them.[break][break]

"What's next?" They'd need some sort of plan. If the VICTINI fragment did show up, would that leave Gideon to fend off the other spirits? He was prepared to do that if it meant furthering their goals.

[attr="class","gideon-pkmn"]

[newclass=.gideon-pkmn] margin-top: -18px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 180px; display: flex; [/newclass]