Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
we can be anything
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 1:44:48 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

[break]

MAUVILLE CITY, HNN BROADCASTING STUDIO
[break]

One of 's longstanding duties within ROCKET had been to ingratiate himself with the public. Put on a mask and play the part of eccentric celebrity. A social media star, an influencer, a talk show host. Whatever he needed to be.[break][break]

And he was damn good at it. Today was no exception.[break][break]

Theme music played, lights panned down, applause rang out through the studio.[break][break]

Time for the show.[break][break]

"Welcome to 'The Bee's Knees' with me, your host, Barnaby Finch!" The broadcast journalist appeared from stage right, waving to his adoring fans as he strolled across the set. He stopped in the middle, where two cushioned chairs were positioned between a small coffee table.[break][break]

"Joining us today is , one of Hoenn's resident Elite Four members — the most fearsome, if my opinion means anything." Sorry, , , .[break][break]

As she'd been coached prior to her appearance on the show, Katherine would know that this was her cue to make her grand entrance. They'd shake hands - Barnaby as enthusiastic as ever - and then take their respective seats.[break][break]

"Katherine, thank you for taking time out of your day to come talk with us."

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]

[attr="class","barnaby-pkmn"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn] margin-top: -35px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 110px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
we can be anything
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 2:41:09 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[attr="class","katherine1"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Where learned how to ingratiate himself with the public, Rocket taught Katherine to do the opposite. To be a shadow, to move without being seen, to speak without being heard. She was a puppeteer through and through, and the people of Hoenn were cursed to remain her marionettes. Little dolls and toys for her to play with.
[break][break]
And she was damn good at it. Today was no exception.
[break][break]
Under the League's ever-radiant light, she blossomed into an actress and finally accepted that she, too, was a puppet worth directing.
[break][break]
Time for the show.
[break][break]
The smile that paints her expression when she steps forth, on cue, is easily faked. Manufactured. So heavily practised that she barely notices its rise.
[break][break]
She shakes Barnanby's hand with the smile persisting, the twinkle of stardom glimmering in her scarlet stare when she finally graces the camera with a proper shot - and then she claims her seat. Her throne.
[break][break]
"Thank you for having me," she softly responds, easily slipping into the smooth rhythm of exchanging pleasantries, "I'm such a big fan of your show—it's shocking it took so long for this to happen!"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

[newclass=".katherine1"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/VJW9HmG/31.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .katherine1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .katherine1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
we can be anything
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 1:22:10 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"Right?? Well, let's just say you were saving your debut for something big." Here he turned to his audience and gave a little conspiratorial wink before returning his attention to his guest.[break][break]

Looking at her now, things were much changed from their last meeting.[break][break]

It was always a delight to see the guises others wore. Here, was the picture of elegance and grace. Charming, self-assured, personable.[break][break]

Nothing like the woman who'd threatened him with an early funeral just weeks before. Not that she was aware that the talk show host was the same ROCKET admin she'd battled then.[break][break]

"Now, I know you have some exciting news to share with us," He lowered his voice, cultivating a captivating appeal. "BUT, I've been dying to know–"[break][break]

A pregnant pause here to set the mood.[break][break]

"Why Pokémon Battling? Your tenure as a Gym Leader? The Elite Four?" He probed, laying the foundation for Katherine to showcase her career to the audience.[break][break]

"You're a renowned trainer. What's your motivation?"

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn] margin-top: -35px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 110px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
we can be anything
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 1:40:17 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

The practised, half-rehearsed chuckle that escapes her when Barnaby turns to his audience, and winks makes her want to hurl. The smile she forces upon her lips afterwards feels rigid on her face but is otherwise perfectly presentable. Classy and yet still approachable. This was one of the rare times where she actually bothered to get some media training done before an interview. For better and for worse, it will likely be her most memorable interview for the foreseeable future. At least until she decides to run for commissioner.
[break][break]
"Mm..."
[break][break]
Her humming implies that she needed to think and search for an answer, as though she hadn't been asked this before, "I think I've always known that I wanted to help our region. I didn't know how at first, but battling always came naturally to me," how humble and very down-to-earth. If only she was telling the truth. "I was inspired by people like , and the late . They all risked their lives for our region, and I realized that if I wanted to protect our home, I'd have to do the same."
[break][break]
Her smile softens and eases as though having shared too much and too quickly.
[break][break]
"I knew I was doing the right thing when the three-day war happened. I think I sort of accepted I wouldn't be able to do anything else after that," it's heavy. She's pulling no punches, starting with what many described as the worst thing in recent history to strike their region.

[break][break]

[newclass=".katherine1"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/VJW9HmG/31.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .katherine1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .katherine1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
we can be anything
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 14:49:54 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Just as he’d done with , Barnaby made sure to hit every social cue as he listened to Katherine regale the audience with her motivations. Awe, respect, gratitude, tempered solemnity at the mention of war. Every facial expression rehearsed to convey the utmost sincerity.[break][break]

The crowd seemed to be enamored by her performance as well. Some could be seen nodding along in agreement, while others sat in respectful silence as the likes of were mentioned. was doing well so far.[break][break]

But she could do even better.[break][break]

Incredible, truly. You are an undeniable asset to the region, especially now in these uncertain times.”[break][break]

An asset and an ass all in one. It was hard to forget her taunting words and just how full of herself she’d been. Still, Katherine was someone he could use for his own gain given the right circumstances.[break][break]

Can you speak on your experiences during the Three Day War?” He asked, furrowing his brows and leaning in slightly. If she wanted sympathy points, now was the time to rake them in.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
we can be anything
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 17:27:50 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Katherine leans back, the epitome of poise and grace. Her lips curl into a small, gracious smile as she regards Barnaby through half-lidded eyes. Her words are carefully chosen, each dripping with a sense of self-righteousness. She knows what Barnaby wants - sympathy, validation, perhaps even a touch of heroism. And she is more than happy to provide.
[break][break]
Her lips fall flat when the host voices his question, a reminder of an event that many in their region are still haunted by. "Ah, I'm not sure where to begin... It's... It's one of those things you can't prepare for. Aliens, Ultra Beasts, the poisoned wild Pokemon— it felt like no matter what we did, there was already another issue to handle."
[break][break]
She pauses, allowing the weight of her words to sink in. The crowd remains silent, hanging on to her every word. They remember these horrors just as well as she does.
[break][break]
"I think it was the worst thing I've endured. It was undoubtedly the closest I've come to dying-- but I can't help but think of the valiant people who made the ultimate sacrifice for the sake of our beloved region. They have always been the real heroes." Katherine pauses again, her gaze sweeping across the audience. She could see tears in some of their eyes; validating that she had them in the palm of her hand.
[break][break]
"What I'm trying to say is... I was scared. We all were. I think a lot of people are still afraid, but I hope to change that."
[break][break]
How?
[break][break]
She keeps the audience on the edge of their seats by withholding that information. She is patient. Barnaby will get to it. After all, he must be equally as curious.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
we can be anything
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 14:48:20 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

How?[break][break]

Here was the hook, expertly laid out for Barnaby to snag.[break][break]

He did so without hesitation.[break][break]

I think many of us can agree that change is something this region desperately needs.” [break][break]

’s voice had grown solemn in the minutes that had passed. This wasn’t his usual fluff content or commentary on the latest internet trends. There was gravity there, as if something important was about to be revealed.[break][break]

How do you plan to change things, Ms. Fairburne?

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
we can be anything
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 18:02:54 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Katherine glances around the crowded room, soaking in the gazes of the people she claims to protect. The room is filled with potential voters, and she knows to succeed, she must convince them that she is the only one capable of bringing the change they so desperately need. It went well beyond just this studio, too.
[break][break]
She had to convince every person who was watching this interview from the comfort of their living room couch that she was their only choice.
[break][break]
"Change starts from the top, and I want to be at its forefront. So, I implore you and the people of our region to join me in this fight for change. Tonight I am announcing my candidacy for councilwoman," there is a much deserved, well-needed pause then. Her words linger in the air, echoing in people's minds whilst they process.
[break][break]
After all, it's not every day that one of Hoenn's elite four announces such a radical transition of roles.
[break][break]
"I may be new to politics, but I am not new to helping those in need. I have dedicated my life to serving the people, and I will continue to do so as your councilwoman. Together, we can bring the change that this region needs, and I believe—no, I know I am the person most suitable to lead this charge."
[break][break]
Katherine's eyes sparkle with malice before her smile widens ever so slightly, confident that she had delivered her message with just the right amount of charm and authority. Now, all she had to do was sit back and watch as the people of the region flocked to her banner. She could stop here - now - and all would be well. The role was hers in all but name already.
[break][break]
But she wouldn't. There was still more.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
we can be anything
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 14:54:25 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

And there it was. The grand climax. The big reveal.[break][break]

Another LEAGUE dog pitching their meaningless grab at power. Though was stronger than many, her bid at a council seat was as inconsequential as any other.[break][break]

Still, he had his part to play.[break][break]

Councilwoman Faireburne! It has quite the nice ring to it, don’t you think?”[break][break]

Here Barnaby turned to his audience with an expectant look, encouraging them to voice their opinions in the form of cheering and applause. They didn’t disappoint – the studio was practically booming with support for . She was apparently more popular than Barnaby had originally imagined.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
we can be anything
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 21:00:10 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

The room pulsates with a symphony of applause, a chorus of admiration for the woman who has skillfully woven her web of deceit, presenting herself as a saviour, a champion of justice, and a force to be reckoned with. The camera captures her essence, freezing a moment in time where power and charisma converge. "Ah, yes, the celebration can wait," she purrs, her voice dripping with faux humility. "There is another matter I'd like to address if you would indulge me."
[break][break]
"For the past year, Team Rocket has been trying to extort me. It didn't start this way—they first tried to send their agents to assassinate me, but since they failed... They resorted to blackmail." Katherine confesses, her voice a delicate balance of vulnerability and resolve. She reaches up to delicately touch her neck with a perfectly manicured hand, tracing an invisible scar, her actions a masterclass in the art of manipulation.
[break][break]
"I refused to succumb to their demands then, and I refuse to do so now. Team Rocket believes I would rather lie to you, the people I've sworn to protect—but they are wrong. They have always been wrong about the people of this region." A hush falls over the studio as anticipation hangs in the air like a heavy fog. Katherine leans forward, her scarlet eyes already glassy, glistening with the smallest of crocodile tears.
[break][break]
"Several years ago, when I was much younger—I fell prey to their propaganda and empty promises. I briefly serviced their organization as an operative," there. The Malevolent confessed.
[break][break]
It's out. But it remains her story to tell; she leaves no room for Barnaby to interrupt her.
[break][break]
"... I'm ashamed of what I've done, But I stand before you today, transformed by the fires of redemption. My past actions have shaped me into the woman I am—a woman determined to right the wrongs of her past." Katherine is not just a wolf in sheep's clothing; she's a goddess wearing a human mask.
[break][break]
"I have worked tirelessly under the watchful eye of , proving my unwavering commitment to our region," she asserts, her voice carrying the conviction of a zealot. "I make no empty promises, no false claims. I vow to continue serving Hoenn, no matter the cost."
[break][break]
Katherine's words hang in the air, like a silent challenge to anyone who dares doubt her sincerity. She revels in her own audacity, the nerve to deceive, to manipulate, and to rise to power through the guise of selflessness.
[break][break]
Barnaby, like so many others, underestimated her true nature. The Malevolent was not a mere prop, a pawn to be used and discarded. The stage is set for her, and she dances upon it with grace and malevolence, a virtuoso of deceit and ambition.
[break][break]
Barnaby would do well remembering her true nature, should she ever grace his studio with her presence again.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
we can be anything
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 1:51:15 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

was a man of many masks, each handcrafted with finesse and sculpted to the highest degree of believability. He was a KECLEON that could seamlessly blend into nearly any scenario. Years of practice had made him so. [break][break]

Yet almost broke one of those masks with her filthy, vitriolic lies. He bit his tongue, however, and continued to let her spew to her heart's content.[break][break]

The audience seemed stunned into silence as she continued her manipulations. She painted herself as a wayward, impressionable girl, pitiable in her plight. A victim instead of a blight. [break][break]

Such bullshit.[break][break]

When she finished, seconds passed where no sound dared breach the tense silence. And then - all at once - chatter exploded from the stands. Myriad voices rang out, some in fear, some in anger, some in confusion, some in agreement; it was a volatile mixture of personalities and opinions that threatened to overtake the structure of the show.[break][break]

"Now, now! Let's hear her out!" Barnaby insisted, his voice rising above the din thanks to the microphone on his collar.[break][break]

"What a story, Ms. Fairburne!" His attention returned to her once the audience quieted, though there were still grumblings amidst the more disgruntled guests.[break][break]

"I have so many questions," Like where she got the fucking audacity. "But I think the most obvious one is — do the appropriate authorities know of your history?" [break][break]

"You mentioned ..." Ah. A likely candidate for where she acquired the audacity. "But what about ? The police?"[break][break]

"I'm all for cheering on the underdog," Even one with as much bite as . "But I think we're all curious to know if the League endorses you as well."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
we can be anything
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 22:40:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: