Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap[M]
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 2:05:27 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

This gym…[break][break]

Well, it’s gonna take some work to fix it up. Navy has been hard at work for most of the second half of May doing just that. Between the townsfolk and the League, the project is coming along at a decent pace. They’re not even making him pitch in with the repairs. Having League resources is nice, Navy supposes. While he might not like everything the good chairwoman will ask him to do, he’s sure that he’ll like the help she can offer when he needs that help.[break][break]

He's at the gym inspecting the arena. It’s been designed to his specifications. Smiling, he muses that the trainers will be on for a surprise. On its face, it looks like a standard League arena. Once the trainer has agreed to the duel, the room seals itself and lowers into a much wider, broader arena made of rocky terrain. It’s a domed room, one that was here before. There’s enough room for any trick a trainer has, whether that be godly Pokemon, sygna suits, or wide-reaching Z-moves. A warrior’s paradise.[break][break]

After the inspection, he sits near the entrance of the gym eating an apple. There’s a pleasant view of the beach from where he’s sitting and shade from the sun. Navy thinks he could get used to this.[break][break]

He’s meeting someone here, a kid named . They’ve worked together a bunch. There’s potential there. She’d make a great test dummy for the gym, and a good ideas girl. She has the look of someone that knows a thing or two about fighting. So, he invited her down to Dewford to look over the gym with him. They’ll conspire, scheme, cook up some tricks together.[break][break]

Someone has to get the novice trainers of the League into fighting shape. For every Lopez, Fairburne, or Miro, there’s a hundred Gabriel Navidsons.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,745 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 3:04:27 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Her arrival isn't announced by the tap tap tapping of her footsteps, nor is it through the frantic waving of arms in the distance. Masked by the cry of the waves and Wingulls, quiet footsteps allow her to wander up behind Navy. And she stands there for a brief moment, listening to the soft crunching of an apple as he stares out to the distance.[break][break]

How many times could he have been stabbed before he'd be able to react? If someone more capable than her had been sent, would he have been able to fight back before his neck got snapped? He's treading a dangerous path, daring to take up the mantle of gym leader, painting the largest target on his back should he ever prove himself a nuisance to Rocket...[break][break]

"Is it sweet?" She wonders aloud, keeping a steady gaze even as she cocks her head. "How do you even stand the texture of the skin? It's always so... tough to chew through."
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || mission

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 4:48:04 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Startled, he turns and sees Eris standing there. She’s both tiny and quiet. A dangerous combination. He’s on the cusp of teasing her by saying she’d make one hell of an assassin, but he thinks better of the quip. Better to use softer words with this girl. He finishes chewing and swallows before he speaks. It’s only proper.[break][break]
It’s nicer than an orange. I dunno how people can eat that stuff.” He laughs as soon as the words finish leaving his mouth. “Man, I’ve stooped real low. Comparing apples and oranges. Enough of that for me.” He tries to wave off that conversation and the intrusive thoughts about how that could have been him, the man with the crystal skin.[break][break]
Welcome to Dewford Town, Eris. My little slice of Hoenn. Gettin’ the gym all ready. Called you down here ‘cause I wanna spend some time with you.” He says, which isn’t a lie. There’s more to it, but that core desire is there. “Want a sneak peek?” Workers are coming in and out as he asks the question, looking at the girl and mostly ignoring her.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,745 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 5:20:39 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Oranges can be sweet sometimes. Oh, you mean orange peels..." Or so she assumes, still wondering just how sweet the apple might be. Maybe she's craving a slice of apple pie? Is that the thought that keeps buzzing in her brain?[break][break]

No, the thought doesn't seem to unravel anything. She'll keep poking at that mess when the chance arises.[break][break]

"You're weird, wanting to spend time with a kid like me." A passing comment that accompanies the way she pulls out a pokeball. Most other adults simply wait for her to reach out to them before they act, some fear that she'll balk away if they try to be nice. But Navy? He'd been lucky in that she found the idea of his new gym vaguely interesting.[break][break]

Sure enough, so had Reiner, his eyes lighting up with curiosity as he pops out of the ball. He dips his head to Navy in greeting, nudging his hand into Eris' hands as she gently reaches up to squish his cheeks.[break][break]

"So whaddya have goin' in there?" Humming, she hooks an arm over Reiner's shoulder, leaning a bit of her own weight into his side as he rolls his eyes. "Most other gyms have a theme and all, yknow?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 6:17:19 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Eh,” calling him weird elicits a shrug, “yeah. I guess I am kinda weird.” He laughs. It’s how to just come out and say it sounds like you’ve had a rough go of it, I wanna check in on you. So, rather than put himself out there like that, he simply agrees with her.[break][break]

Oh, it’s crazy stuff. Don’t really wanna talk ‘bout it out here. Come on.” He beckons her inside, Reiner along with her. When he found this place, it had fallen into disrepair. Windows were boarded up. Some of the hipsters turned it into a spot to party and smoke funny herbs. The new sheriff in town had to run ‘em off, make the spot presentable. Already, the townsfolk loved him for that.[break][break]

The reception area’s big. It’s more meant for sizable Pokemon than anything else, judging by the relatively sparse availability for seats. There’s a fancy machine meant to weigh Pokemon and make sure they’re alright. There’s also an in-house Pokemon Center, currently unmanned.[break][break]

The real crown jewel, though, is the field. Navy stands on the grass. Notably, there are no stands. There aren’t even television feeds or services set up to stream. It’s strangely hush-hush, all things considered.[break][break]

Theme of my gym’s war. Warfare. Actual combat. Not this stuff that passes for an official League match. There’s only gonna be a traditional option. Nothin’ like sky jousting or racing. Twist is…” He grins, “…I’m gonna cheat. ‘Cause Rocket doesn’t play fair. All’s fair in love and war.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,745 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 7:00:40 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]There's a bit of discomfort that wells up in her chest as she witnesses the disrepair, her hand resting upon Reiner's shoulder as he leads her along. But she gets to brush it off the further they go in, her focus flitting over sheer size of the reception area as she quietly whistles.[break][break]

"You should get in some fairy lights. Not as the main lighting but like... it'd be pretty cute, I think."[break][break]

Add in a bit of colour on the walls and -[break][break]

"Can I paint some of your walls? Like... with cool dragons and legends and stuff?" She breaks that train of thought by pulling it in reality, her mind already placing vague sketches all around the place and envisioning the mess she could make. But they don't linger in this area for long, the duo quickly ushered into the main battle arena.[break][break]

There's far too many things that already spark theories in her head - A lack of stands, no places for cameras or broadcasts to occur. And when he hands her the final piece of the puzzle, she can't help but twitch.[break][break]

"So you're... gonna teach them... huh." She mulls over it for a moment, her eyes turned from Navy for a moment to meet Reiner's gaze. Confusion seems to be written all over his face too, though that's better muted by the constant frown he dons.[break][break]

"What kinda cheating you thinkin' of?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 1:50:10 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Depends on the person.” Navy says to her last point, having smiled and nodded at the notion of Eris painting the walls of his waiting room. He wonders what sort of art she will come up with, but that is ultimately decide the point.[break][break]
If it’s some dumb kid, hit ‘em with stuff that’ll just throw ‘em off. They sign up for a Hammerlocke, you know, a two on two, throw out a third Pokemon. Maybe a fourth. Have my Blissey off to the side throwing out healing. They sign up for a single, 3 on 3, Hattori steals their two other balls while they’re focused on the fight.” He seems satisfied with that. It’ll do for most trainers. The problem with Hoenn, as he sees it, is that many of the League trainers are too straightforward in their methods of thinking. Power has that effect.[break][break]
Technique, after all, is an invention of the powerless meant to disenfranchise the powerful. A gentle reminder that life isn’t a party or a structured match. That’s all. A simple refresher…[break][break]
For the ones that I can save. Y’know, maybe convince ‘em that this whole thing is messed up, then I go really hard. Make sure the field’s set up with some toxic spikes, rocks. Hit ‘em from every side. I still gotta follow League regulations, but, you know. It’s the thought that counts. I fought one of Rocket’s big dogs down in the cave.” He does not clarify which cave, but given what battle occurred here in the past quarter, he supposes it is self-evident.[break][break]
He didn’t fight fair. That’s the sort of guy who kills people who think this is like the battles you see in the movies. I just wanna do my part to make sure people know what they’re walking into. Gyms are propaganda factories. Pushing people into the Hoenn military pipeline, making sure they know how to battle. A famous poet I like once said, the real war ain’t in the papers. Wanna give ‘em a taste of that.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,745 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 2:33:36 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The urge to ask what a Hammerlocke is immediately subsides with the explanation he tags on, the girl crouching to the touch the ground and pulling away with a soft layer of dust. Now, the methods of cheating he suggests isn't too bad but... they seem tame - Most likely because of whatever League regulations he's forced to follow. That, or well, he's tending towards those that have clearly never tried to play dirty.[break][break]

"So do they have to beat you to win the badge?" Looking up, she carefully pats her dusty hands on her knees. "There's a difference between being willing to cheat and being able to execute it properly. That often helps decide the flow of battle. And when it comes to a war... I guess it'd be life or death."[break][break]

Standing back up, she notes how the name 'Gavin Merlino' sticks to her mind; Or perhaps, she should be calling him now. She can imagine him fitting the very description given and honestly, the only thing that surprises her is the fact that Navy's most prominent injury is a result of an unrelated Beedrill incident than... whatever hell Gavin probably could have unleashed.[break][break]

Whistle. The fine, blanketing layer of dust kicks up with a burst of wind, pink flowers blooming from the ground as their petals sweep into the beginnings of a Springtide Storm.[break][break]

She looks to Navy, offering him a fleeting smile.[break][break]

"Up for a quick test run?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 4:40:58 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Ain’t about winning or losing.” The gym leader clarifies. “Sometimes, you win the battle but lose the war. Opposite’s true, too. Happened a lot back in April. Listening to all the stories, it sounded like the League was winning right up until the end.” The battle really, truly could have gone either way. One false step on either side and that Seal Stone might have ended up in League custody.[break][break]
But then, he wouldn’t have learned about the nature of the sea. He’d be clawing in the dark for answers, desperate to help Tsubaki understand the nature of the Ultra Deep Sea. It all worked out for the best. That’s what he tells himself. To accept the alternative is to accept Rocket has access to something both very valuable and very dangerous.[break][break]
Heh, that eager to fight? I’ll go a few rounds with ya, kid. Just one problem.” He taps a button on his broken watch, just under the mega stone. With a soft beep, the ground under them rumbles. They’re being lowered down into the dome, into the vast battlefield below.[break][break]
This isn’t the arena.”[break][break]
As her springtime storm begins to form, a small frog slips free from Navy’s pokeball. He knows what Eris is planning. Under terms like these…[break][break]
She’s planning to cheat first. Hattori appears under her, from her shadow. His kunai aims to cut the pokeballs free from whatever holds them in place with a kunai of shadow.[break][break]
Looks like the battle’s already started.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,745 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 6:16:44 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"I-" The words may be quick to sting her tongue, but she's equally quick to bite down on them.[break][break]

Winning means surviving another day, that you won't end up grieving over a preventable loss of your pokemon. It might not win the war in the long run but sometimes, a person just needs to look out for themselves first. All those Leaguers captured, they had been imprisoned because they lost. And from what she knew of the situation, it seemed like the League itself hadn't and wasn't going to launch any operations to save them.[break][break]

Still, she could hold onto hope and pray for the best.[break][break]

The ground rumbles and shakes under her feet, but she keeps her balance with a few little hops. Whilst she'd been nice enough not to slam a wave of petals in Navy's face, she's not as kind when it comes to her own space being invaded by others.[break][break]

Reiner electrifies the ground, directing his Springtide Storm into two streams, with one slamming into the ground where Hattori emerges whereas the other rushes through the arena to obscure Navy's vision. And perhaps, the Greninja might notice something peculiar, a light giggle filling the air as Eris suddenly disappears in a faint cloud of pink dust.[break][break]

But his mission is complete, several of her pokeball have fallen to the ground, leaving Reiner on a lone mission to protect them from falling into the wrong hands.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 0:13:41 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

The war’s begun. They haven’t even taken up their posts at opposite ends of the pitch. Like a pair of siblings playing a game, they slip into their roles. Two combatants, two warriors. Divorced by twelve years of time, calamity has seen them both equipped to play this part and play it well.[break][break]

Amidst the fog and petals, Hattori drops a peculiar pellet. A smoke bomb explodes on the ground, sending up a smoke screen across the battlefield. Silent as death, he moves like the reaper’s scythe. Being found by Reiner means death. Hattori knows a seasoned fighter when he sees one. The Luxray has years of fighting experience on him.[break][break]

He’s only been doing this gig for two months. Traded to Navy, fresh from a breeder, he knows he has to step up to the plate.[break][break]

He dashes for the balls, grabbing some and slipping back into the darkness. Fear lurks beneath his calm heart, fear that something whose domain is emotions can readily sense. That fear sends him rushing off, endeavoring to hide away whatever two balls he managed to grab. That’s two less tools in her disposal.[break][break]

Reiner is someone else’s problem.[break][break]

Navy, too, is calm. Excited, even. Happy to play with her. Still seeing this as a game, despite his words. Maybe he’s more of a natural fit for these battlefields than he gives himself credit for being. He has to be, if he hopes to stand up to the beasts and the admins one day. It’s not just a matter of fighting his friends, he has to learn how to fight his enemies, too.[break][break]

There’s one rule, just so ya know! No hurting the other person. I wouldn’t anyway, but you know how it goes. League was real insistent on that.”[break][break]

Another creature jumps from a pokeball. Roland, ghost in a machine. Echo of a proud knight. Within him is nothing but a parody of emotions. His eyes glow pink in the mingled mist and smoke. Raising his hand, he sends a thunderbolt from the sky off in the distance, hoping to distract Eris and her cabal.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,745 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 2:11:03 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]There's barely any time for Reiner to react to the Smoke Screen, his yowls of frustration filling the air with an low buzz. And yet, there seems to be no real follow up on the little thief. Instead, Reiner focuses on his immediate environment, flooding the Terrain with his own Electrical energy as he readies himself for the next unseen foe.[break][break]

Back on Navy's end, he will be spared no time to react as Eris appears beside him in a sirling cloud of pink, a cheeky grin on her face as she tries to poke his arm.[break][break]

"Strike one."[break][break]

In an instant, the pokeballs in Hattori's arm explode with a burst of Thunder, electricity a ravenous snake that coils around the Greninja and strikes mercilessly.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 3:55:10 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Still got two to go.” Navy says as he decides to cheat his way. It’s much more direct and dirty than Eris’s. Perhaps something, off in the distance, senses what he’s about to do. He rips his pokeballs from his belt and tosses down all of them.[break][break]
The whole cabal is out. Well, almost the whole cabal. Even in his worst moment, Navy would never unleash Vortigern on this girl. Any Beedrill in Josh Devlin’s stable pales in comparison to that monster. It’s tantamount to a death sentence, and he likes the girl too much to wish her dead. [break][break]
Lizzy, rushing down Reiner with a dragon rush. Shuwen, staying on the defensive by his trainer’s side, looking for the next crack of thunder. Hattori screams in pain at the thunder, launched back until he reappears at his trainer’s side.[break][break]
He claws with a kunai made of water at the metal clinging to him. Shuwen, seeing the much smaller frog in distress, rushes in, leveling a rapid series of strikes. On their own, they amount up to nothing, but together they become a barrage of close combat fighting power, losing himself in the flow of the battle.[break][break]
Roland, meanwhile, is on the hunt. Looking through the mist, feeling the electricity running through the air, has his quark drive activate. It feels good.[break][break]
He fires off a torrent of moonlight, little blasts that flow together into a moonblast meant to knock Reiner away.[break][break]
So, only brought two Pokemon with ya, huh?” He asks, oblivious to what is observing him.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,745 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 5:02:06 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Treasure those chances then!" She hums back, flicks her hand to reveal a pokeball hidden up her sleeve.[break][break]

A yowl tears through the air, a frustrated Luxray clearly trying to keep his opponents at bay as he dodges a Dragon Rush, but immediately gets tagged by a Moonblast. Mercury seems to fare a little better, constricting around Hattori and shifting its liquidated body around to avoid as many punches as it possibly can.[break][break]

Whilst all his pokemon are focused on taking her team down, Eris whistles, watching Reiner claw back to his feet as a Springtide Storm engulfs the arena. Then she raises her hand to the sky, calling something from the pokeball and into the maelstrom of petals.[break][break]
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/491592643038543872/1108620019987922955/Sky_Splitter.mp3[/player][break]

The air grows dense, muddled with the faintest of petrichor. Dark clouds gather in tight circles, playfully spiralling about as bright blue energy flickers and sparks. Amidst the thunderous drums of nature, a lone howl resonates with the heart of the storm.[break][break]

"Split the skies!"[break][break]

[break]

Lightning crashes like a flood from a broken dam, heavenly spears thrown down indiscriminately amidst the pink storm. But then comes the unbearable heat, ushered in by that heavy scent of ozone. One petal catches fire -[break][break]

Then the whole arena ignites into a rising vortex of a Magma Storm.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 6:34:52 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Hattori seems the odd one out. He knows fear. The shinobi frog knows it very well. Fear is an old friend, a hat he has worn for most of his existence as a Greninja. Small, fragile, the runt of his litter, no one ever expected this little froakie to amount to much. They never thought he’d evolve, nor that he would find a trainer willing to buy him…[break][break]

But Navy saw something within this Greninja. He walked right past the taller, bigger, tougher, meaner Greninja. He walked up to Hattori, smirked, and asked him a question.[break][break]

You wanna come with me to the top? I’m gonna be the Champ. I need the best.” This little shinobi, so often overlooked, had been blessed with a human’s kinship. Hattori has loved Navy ever since that moment. He has resolved to be his Lord’s blade – to strike where he cannot. To always endure.[break][break]

For a shinobi who does not endure is no shinobi.[break][break]

Lightning splits the sky. Fairy petals fly. Shuwen protects his trainer. The great bear, offensive backbone of the team, is preoccupied. Lizzy and Roland are rushing out on the offense, attempting to bash into Reiner with a quick attack and a focused blast of fighting spirit. Molten metal clings to his arm.[break][break]

There is only one way out as he sees it. Hattori skitters to Navy. Amidst the maelstrom, as he is battered, he slips one stone out of Navy’s pocket and onto his watch. It glows. A pulse of power takes over Hattori. Closing his eyes, he allows himself to remember all the pleasant times he has had with his trainer…[break][break]

And then, reborn, he launches into the sky, clinging to the side of the gym. Swift. Never staying in one spot for very long. A water shuriken flies at the Heatran, living legend. Primordial volcano, conceptual threat to this region.[break][break]

He is but a shinobi surrounded by beings who should be gods. The explosion that accompanies his mega evolution has knocked off the creature assailing him. Let it follow if he wishes, but he will strike. He will keep his Lord safe.[break][break]

Come what may, Hattori strikes at the Heatran. That is something he can do.

[break][break]

+ Hattori mega evolves and throws water shurikens at Heatran