Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
NECESSARY
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 7:05:08 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Milky white walls blanketed the coveted League Laboratorium. Penelope kept at the corner of the room, mainly fiddling with her clipboard. Several pages were kept stuck onto the other, forcing the occasional finger lick to free reach corner from the other.
[break][break]

She had scheduled a meeting with the notable . He was a man of prestige, and given their work on the recent masquerade, the councilwoman was excited to reopen a new dialogue between them. Even if this was less than a wholly ethical one.
[break][break]

On occasion, her gaze would find itself pulled to the door, curiosity and impatience spinning her into a fool. 
[break][break]

He'll come, she told herself. Though anxieties were never easy to quell. 

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
NECESSARY
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 18:11:18 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gideon-wrap"]
[attr="class","gideon-main"]
[attr="class","gideon-words"]

did indeed come, though it hadn’t been an easy decision to agree to the councilwoman’s meeting. [break][break]

Hesitance bit at the professor’s resolve as he waited to be guided to the LEAGUE’s official laboratories. Lingering feelings of uncertainty clung to him as he was called back, reluctance slowing his step as he crossed the threshold into the lab.[break][break]

Councilwoman,” Dr. Graves greeted as he entered, his voice as low and devoid of inflection as usual. No hint of the doubt beneath the surface.[break][break]

A pleasure to see you again.” A statement that was only partially true. When she’d contacted him, Penelope had hinted at her reasons for wanting to convene, and even those vague notions had been unsettling to the professor. It made him not want to linger on pleasantries.[break][break]

I appreciate your thinking of me for this… collaboration.

[attr="class","gideon-notes"]

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap b] color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
NECESSARY
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 23:31:09 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

His arrival lightened the soul.
[Break][break]
"Glad you were able to make it under such short notice."
[Break][break]
Alas, when the league calls, she didn't expect many brazen enough to look away. Still, she appreciated his decorum. There were many who'd allow their own anxieties to prohibit progression from taking flight. Many who, for the most part, she'd like to avoid with her personal endeavors.
[Break][break]
"I'll cut to the chase. I'm sure you've at least heard of this before."
[Break][break]
From her clipboard she sprung forward a packed manila envelope. Inside contained the contents of several reports. All filed under the same overarching experiment: type Null.
[Break][break]
"I'd like to recreate one."
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
NECESSARY
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 2:15:25 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

He nodded, taking the offered packet from her hands. The professor then leafed through the contents of the envelope, finding much of it to be... familiar. He'd obtained several similar documents during his own exploits into the Ultra Wilds.[break][break]

Gideon had been worried this was the route she wanted to go down.[break][break]

"... Councilwoman Livy, I'm not sure if your League scientists have informed you, but this type of procedure..." He trailed off for a moment, leveling with a serious look.[break][break]

"It's not entirely ethical."[break][break]

Synthetic life. Pokémon had been created by human hands before, but it had been a digital construct — PORYGON and its associated line. [break][break]

TYPE: NULL was a completely different beast.

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
NECESSARY
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 4:53:32 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Caution was a luxury they could no longer afford. At least, not to the extent these scientists proposed. It was why, despite 's mirroring warnings, Penelope failed to be swayed. Resolve was etched into her every feature, starting from the deep carve of her polite smile to the slits of pouring pride that were her eyes.
[break][break]
"It isn't," she agreed, nodding, "but I fail to see another option, professor."
[break][break]
Given the way he stared, the way he spoke to her, there was no denying the hesitancy leaking from his lips.
[break][break]
So she readjusted herself, slipping her arms into a cross over her chest.
[break][break]
"These are the Pokemon our enemies are using to raze our cities and establish their power over us. Is it not right, for the good of our region, to match their strength with our own?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
NECESSARY
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2023 3:50:56 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

was not a politician. He left debates on morality up to women like . Saying what was right or what was wrong was not up to him, though he knew real life was rarely that black or white.[break][break]

"Artificial life is controversial. It will not be looked on fondly by many in Hoenn." Gideon began to explain, his tone muted and without inflection to indicate his personal opinion.[break][break]

"Why this Pokémon? Out of the hundreds of species already available to us..." He momentarily glanced down at the documents in his hand, seeing sketches and diagrams of the piecemeal creature she hoped to create.[break][break]

"What makes this one special enough for you to risk such heavy backlash?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
NECESSARY
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 9:11:37 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The public's option is offen moldable - a fact she once considered a flagrant piece of nature was now the ace still available in her hand. A token to utilize, for better or for worst.
[Break][break]
She'd already dirtied her hands more than a few times. And, with this, all that was required was a smudge of omittance and regulation on their parts.
[Break][break]
The sin of their deeds, especially her own, could be a meal swallowed and digested later, upon her own time.
[Break][break]
"Because this pokemon can evolve like none other."[Break][break]

Avarice gleamed in her eyes as continued, talking with what appeared to be half smile.
[Break][break]
"With one disc, it can change typings on the fly." She snapped. "Normal to fire, flying, water - just like that."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
NECESSARY
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2023 2:00:37 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

"So I see." [break][break]

Leafing through the blueprints within the folder, it didn't take long for Gideon to find the page with a schematic showing just that. There was a slot for the corresponding type "disc" to be inserted on the side of the creature's head.[break][break]

"It can be done," The professor continued, absentmindedly pinching the bridge of his nose as he spoke — a bad habit born out of intense thought.[break][break]

"And with few losses, even. I just need DNA samples from candidate Pokémon of each type. The procedure need not be invasive. However,"[break][break]

"That's not the moral dilemma here. Splicing all these genes together is akin to making a literal Frankenstein." A monster among monsters. Who knew how it would react once granted sentience? There were variables that could not be controlled for, after all.[break][break]

"It hasn't been done before in civilized society, as far as I'm aware. This creation..." He paused, leveling with a pointed expression. She needed to know what she was getting herself into.[break][break]

"... of a bioweapon."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights