Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Taking Time to Do Nothing [M]
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 0:40:49 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]The best time to relax is when you don't have time for it.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie loved her work, her shop, and her forge. In many ways, her metalsmithing work was what she was. Yet, for all that she loved it, it was still work all the same—and physically taxing, mentally grueling, and occasionally hazardous work at that.

And if there was something that all workers needed to do, it was to take a break.

Which was why she was here in Mossdeep City, instead of hammering away in her workshop as usual. After a long month full of hard work and stress, Aurelie had decided to treat herself to a long weekend of relaxing, sightseeing, and pampering. She'd already done a little of the first two by taking a leisurely boat ride around the sunny, picturesque island and then taking a fascinating tour of the island's famous space center.

The impressive aerospace facility had seemed like a completely different world: sleek, streamlined, and futuristic. Scientists and researchers bustled busily past, their heads buried in reports or tilted in deep discussion with each other. Aurelie's group even got to visit one of the huge silos where several rockets were housed.

Now, Aurelie entered the sparkling glass doors of the Stardust Spa, more than ready to indulge in some luxurious pampering. She'd booked an afternoon of delightfully over-the-top-sounding treatments, from a "sauna with cool peppermint towels" to an hour-long massage, a "hydrating orange blossom full-body wrap", and a "warm sugar scrub for the feet and calves". I have no idea what any of this is, Aurelie thought with amusement, but I'm absolutely looking forward to all of it!

After showering and rinsing off, she eagerly wrapped herself in the proffered thick, fluffy mint-scented towel. The smooth wooden floor was warm against her bare feet as she entered the sauna and quickly closed the door behind her, careful not to let any heat out. Her single eye darted hesitantly back and forth as she settled onto one of the lower benches near the cast-iron stove topped with warm rocks.

Aurelie leaned back and closed her eye. She could feel the tension in her arms and shoulders starting to ease already in the heat. There was a light hiss when someone ladled more water atop the rocks and the surroundings warmed up even more, bringing an appreciative smile to the red-haired smith's lips.

"Thanks," Aurelie murmured softly to the unseen benefactor. "That feels good."

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

| Mission: Vacation Time

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
There are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy
awards
534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 23:32:56 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]
[attr="class","nenet1body"]

Nenet didn't often allow herself to relax but when she did she certainly did wholeheartedly, especially when the entire spa day was paid for by work as one of those employee appreciation packages. Regardless of her intent to relax, her hair was nonetheless immaculately styled, defying the heat of the sauna she's chosen to lounge in.
[break][break]
The heat is soothing, seeping into her bones to chase away any lingering cold from the winter and spring. Draped over the benches of the sauna like a lioness surveying her kingdom, Nenet's golden gaze cuts to the side as the door opens and a small red-haired woman who seems wholly out of place in knowing what to do.
[break][break]
Lazily, she leans forwards as Aurelie takes a seat and adds more water to the coal-warmed rocks, sending up a soothing puff of warmth and steam into the enclosed area. She heaves a soft sigh, her hands settling the towel arranged around herself with the barest nod to modesty in mind.
[break][break]
"Doesn't it?" Nenet drawls after the woman speaks, her full lips pulling into a contented smile. "If I didn't have work to do I think I could live in here." With a laugh she winks at Aurelie, and then introduces herself with, "I'm Nenet, pleasure to meet you."
[break][break]
After the barest of pauses, she then inquires, "Is this your first time in a sauna?" She tips her chin towards the robe covering Aurelie, assuring her, "You're going to overheat quick in that."

NOTES

- [break]
- Mission: Vacation Time[break]

[attr="class","nenet1pkmn"]

[attr="class","nenet1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1"]--accent:#EDE574;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 22:59:18 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]THE BEST TIME TO RELAX IS WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE TIME FOR IT.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]"Oh, this?" Aurelie blurted out, opening her eye and gazing up toward the beautiful woman with dark skin and catlike golden eyes that was lounging in the opposite side in the sauna. Then the red-haired smith glanced down bemusedly at the fluffy towel she'd wrapped about herself like a robe. It didn't seem that different from the towel arranged around the other woman—Nenet, she said her name was—in a passing nod to modesty.

Still, Aurelie smiled and nodded, acknowledging her own lack of spa experience compared to the utter confidence and self-assurance in Nenet's voice and bearing. "This is my first time here, so thank you for the tip!" she replied, shrugging off the towel. Underneath, Aurelie wore a simple black bikini, a sharp contrast against her fair skin.

She leaned back against the bench indolently with a sigh of pleasure, letting the pervasive heat seep into her bones and filling her limbs and muscles with a sweet, soothing lassitude. It felt similar to being in her workshop with the forge turned on, except that here she could revel in the heat, rather than enduring it while working. At this moment, Aurelie very much appreciated that small but crucial difference.

"This does feel pretty wonderful," she agreed with a chuckle. "If it were possible to live in here forever, I think I'd join you! Rather than the hour or so that I'm booked in here, unfortunately."

She glanced down at the schedule she'd been given at the front desk. There was a Swedish massage after the sauna, followed by sessions for an orange blossom butter body wrap, full-body dry brush exfoliation, warm cocoa butter hand hydration, mint scalp treatment... Whatever all that was.

Aurelie shook her head and grinned. "But even for my day in spa paradise, I ended up with a pretty busy schedule. I doubt the staff would appreciate it if I skipped out on all this, even to luxuriate in here all day." She waved the sheet of paper in her hand airily.

"My name's Aurelie, by the way," she offered belatedly, returning the other woman's introduction. "It's good to meet you too. Do you...come here often?" She tilted her head in Nenet's direction and looked up at the stunning woman from under her lashes with a playful smile, adding a tinge of flirtatiousness to the friendly question.

[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 3:50:49 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Nenet's own sauna attire was hardly so covering: beneath the simple towel she was wholly nude. Now that Aurelie was settled and the threat of cooler air entering the room minimized, she slips the towel once more off her figure with little care to continue soaking in the heat.
[break][break]
As Aurelie speaks she tilts her head faintly in the woman's direction while her eyes are comfortably hooded and she stares into nothing. She gives a low chuckle, her hand making an absent motion as she assures, "They load you up with a list but you don't have to do everything. There's one on there - hot cupping I think? - that feels like they're trying to pull your body through your back."
[break][break]
She shakes her head, her nose wrinkling at the memory before pulling herself back into the present. With a warm smile she answers silkily, her timbre much more playful than flirtatious, "No, I'm only here for one of those company worker appreciation packages they give out. Normally I would be holed up the Observatory but they threatened to take away my keycard for a week if I showed up today."
[break][break]
Nenet laughs at that, mirth imbued into her voice. With a tip of her chin, she asks, "What do you do for a living, Aurelie?"

NOTES

- [break]
- Mission: Vacation Time.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 21:55:07 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]THE BEST TIME TO RELAX IS WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE TIME FOR IT.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Though her playful smile didn't waver, Aurelie did give a little sigh of disappointment when her new spa companion didn't respond to her flirtation with anything but a polite, pleasant smile. Oh well, 'twas ever thus, the red-haired smith told herself. The beautiful ones are always straight, taken, or just uninterested—or all three.

She couldn't help feeling especially regretful when Nenet slid off her towel to reveal she was entirely nude underneath. That toned, shapely figure was worthy of a fashion model! Aurelie couldn't help eyeing Nenet up and down admiringly and a little sadly.

But the sadness was fleeting, as always, especially when the other woman remained so friendly and charming. Aurelie winced and chuckled ruefully at Nenet's vivid description of hot cupping. "I never would've guessed that something called hot cupping could be so uncomfortable! So much for hoping it had something to do with tea or hot chocolate!" she laughed.

"But otherwise, aside from that one, I kind of want to do as many of the spa activities as I can," Aurelie went on. "I like trying new things! And I'd love to get the whole spa experience while I'm here and have the chance, up to and including stuff like putting cucumber slices on your eyes or getting all wrapped up in seaweed."

Listening to Nenet's explanation for why she was here, Aurelie shook her head enviously. "You're lucky your work gives you appreciation packages like spa days! I imagine it's the kind of benefit you hardly have to twist people's arms to accept, usually.

"So, you work at the Observatory here? That must be fascinating!"
she commented sincerely. "I went on a tour of it this morning and..."

She trailed off in mid-sentence, her brow furrowing in sudden recollection. Seemingly out of nowhere, Aurelie recalled a shopping trip several months ago, a memory laced with the sweet smell of perfume and a bemused-sounding man's voice. What are the odds? she thought, sitting up straighter and staring wide-eyed at the other woman in a way that had nothing to do with sensual interest.

"Wait a moment," she said slowly. "Nenet...at the Observatory... Are you an astrobiologist, by any chance? Have you, umm, ever been to the Howling at the Moon bar in Slateport City?"

It has to be the same woman, Aurelie thought. How many Nenets could work at the Observatory, after all? Even as she waited for Nenet's answer, she was already grumbling a little under her breath in amusement. Goddamn that , lucky bastard. How'd he ever snag a woman like this?

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 3:21:57 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

"If only," Nenet answers with mirth as to Aurelie's hopes for the hot cupping treatment. She could go for an iced coffee, sugary-sweet and drowned in caramel and vanilla now that she thinks about it.
[break][break]
Heaving a soft sigh at her never-there coffee, her attention once more focuses on Aurelie as the woman praises her work's employee packages. Her mouth lifts into a half-smile, and she laughs as she agrees, "Most, yes. I like being at work more than most, I think."
[break][break]
She perks up at the mention of Aurelie's tour of the Observatory, a curious, "Oh?" Then, a sincere, "I hope you enjoyed it," sounding from her before the woman seated across seems to come to a revelation. Nenet's expression morphs as well, her eyebrow quirking as Aurelie openly stares at her, and then turns to a healthy cautiousness.
[break][break]
Surely her father isn't going around to random people again and trying to set her up on dates? It wouldn't be the first time, though for once Nenet was quite happy with her present relationship for once.
[break][break]
"You either know my father very well," Nenet begins, her voice slow and hazarding as she openly puzzles through the information supplied, "or you have a friend at the Observatory who has been wagging their tongue I think - but yes- to both."
[break][break]
Her head cocks to the side, the effect proud and questioning, and she says in turn, "Why. Are you a regular? I don't know that I've seen you there before."

NOTES

- [break]
- Mission: Vacation Time

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2023 0:30:40 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]As soon as the second question was out of her mouth, Aurelie reflected that it might not have been the best way to ascertain whether this was the same Nenet that Zev had mentioned when they'd run into each other at Slateport City's mall. It probably would've been better to ask directly if this woman knew Zev and go from there. But no, you had to try to be cute and roundabout about it, Aurelie chided herself, giving herself a mental thwap on the back of the head.

"Sorry if that was a bit of a strange question," Aurelie apologized lightly, briefly ducking her head. "I've actually never been to Howling at the Moon. But I am acquainted with its owner, Zev, through my work.

"I'm a blacksmith and bladesmith by trade,"
she hastened to explain, belatedly answering a question that Nenet had asked a few minutes ago. "Zev sometimes commissions custom-made kitchen cutlery from me. And he mentioned once he was seeing a lady named Nenet, who works as an astrobiologist at the Observatory."

Aurelie shrugged and gave a self-deprecating smile. "So, that was my attempt at subtly trying to figure out if that lady happened to be you. No friendly connections at the Observatory, no secret ties to your father—although..."

The red-haired smith couldn't resist the opportunity to slip in one last flirtatious little compliment, even if this really did seem to be the Nenet that Zev was talking about. Perhaps it was the enveloping heat of the sauna making Aurelie feel a little reckless, and even sillier than she usually did. "If he's the source of either your brains or your looks, I'm sure I'd admire him if I ever did meet him."

Closing her eye briefly, she raised her legs onto the empty bench and stretched them out comfortably along its length, wiggling her bare toes with a contented sigh. "Anyway, I hope I'm not prying too much! It's lovely to meet you, Nenet. And if you do happen to be the same Nenet, then it's just a funny coincidence that we happened to meet like this by chance, perfect strangers in a sauna.

"And even if you're not the same Nenet..."
Aurelie grinned and opened her eye again, looking back toward the other woman. "Zev never could tell me, but I somehow imagine you can: What do you study, as an astrobiologist? What is it you do?"

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2023 3:22:34 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Nenet blinks once, a mild surprise touching her expression as she answers, "Oh, you know Zev?" She pauses, racking her memory and ultimately coming up with nothing as to whether this woman has been mentioned before - she really should pay more attention to the few people Zev remarks on offhand. "I'm sure he's mentioned you before, but I'm a bit bad with names," she settles on. It was somewhat a lie, but, well Aurelie certainly didn't need to know.
[break][break]
She then snorts, mirth openly colouring her expression. Leaning forwards, her elbow resting on her knee, and hand coming to hold her chin, Nenet confides as if it were quite the secret she was sharing, "All from my mother, if you're to believe him." She winks playfully before leaning back against the bench.
[break][break]
A question as to her work then follows, and a pointed gleam can be seen in Nenet's eyes. Captive audiences are her favourite, after all. "I study pokemon with extraterrestrial origins and help theorise how they survived the trip here to our planet, and how they might live in their native ecologies. My speciality is Minior and their migrations, though I have a few papers written on Solrock and Lunatone as well."
[break][break]
She gives an absent little wave of her hand as she continues, "A subset of us also help theorise planetary habitability, but I prefer biological aspects and adaptations over environmental if I'm being truthful."
[break][break]
"However, at the moment I'm working as a Senior Astronomical Observer at the Mossdeep Observatory."
With a grin, she supplies, "Which means I watch space for anything interesting and do an awful lot of math and physics."

NOTES

- .[break]
- Mission: Vacation Time.[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2023 21:45:44 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie shook her head dismissively when Nenet seemed uncertain about Zev ever mentioning her before. "Oh, I wouldn't have expected Zev to bring me up in conversation with anyone," she replied lightly, looking unconcerned, "let alone with you. So, don't worry about it."

She tilted her head to one side and spread her hands wide in a playful gesture. "I mean, there's about a million things more interesting to talk about during a date or a..." The red-haired smith paused and gave a sly little smirk before continuing, "...romantic rendezvous, than one random vendor among the many he probably works with to supply his bar." Or the maker of the combat knives that he brings along when he assassinates someone on a job.

"If nothing else, I'm sure he'd much rather focus on you." Aurelie was tempted to add, "I know I would" but managed to catch herself just in time. As enjoyable as it was to flirt with a beautiful woman, she could tell Nenet was barely paying any attention to her compliments. At that point, stubbornly persisting just felt creepy.

Besides, the other woman's discussion of her work actually proved quite fascinating. Aurelie leaned forward and propped her chin in her hands to listen attentively as Nenet talked about studying Pokemon with extraterrestrial origins. "That's really fascinating," she commented softly, picturing the Miniors, Solrocks, and Lunatones that Nenet described.

"I have to admit I've never thought much about the idea of Pokemon from outer space or other planets," the red-haired smith admitted, ladling another cupful of water atop the sauna's pile of heated rocks. A puff of hot air wafted upward, making her sigh contentedly. "What other extraterrestrial Pokemon are there? There's Deoxys, right? Or is it Necrozma? I can never keep the Legendaries straight."

She smiled slightly in amusement at Nenet's purposefully simplified description of her work as a Senior Astronomical Observer as "watching space for anything interesting and doing a lot of physics and math." "I can tell you must talk to a lot of laymen about your work, to have such a glib explanation ready," Aurelie chuckled.

"So, what interesting things do you specifically watch for, yourself?" she inquired. "Are you observing specific stars or galaxies? Watching for collisions, supernovas, changes in movement or color, things like that? Or do you watch things closer to Hoenn, like military or civilian satellites?"

A movement in the corner of Aurelie's eye caught her attention for a moment. It was the clock mounted high on the wall, marking the half-hour. She snuck a quick glance at the spa schedule printed out for her and saw her Swedish massage was planned in about ten minutes. I wonder if I should stay, though, and chat with Nenet some more, she thought. Or maybe she'd come with me and get a massage too? We'll see.

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2023 21:45:37 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Aurelie once more offered a flirtatious remark. Nenet let her golden eyes sweep over the red-haired woman with vague consideration. If she were single the proposition would be met with interest at the prospect of free coffee. But as it was, she merely allowed an appraising look over Aurelie before chuckling in reply.
[break][break]
Regardless, the woman seemed quite interested in her work, which Nenet did appreciate. "There's several," she answers as to pokemon of extraterrestrial origins. "Deoxys we believe, and then more common pokemon such as the Clefairy and Gothorita lines, Elgyem and Beheeyem." With a wave of her hand, she adds, "And that doesn't begin to touch the extradimensionals that have popped up over the years, like the Ultra Beasts and Necrozma."
[break][break]
She then nods, laughing as she muses to Aurelie, "It comes from teaching, I think. A portion of my job is holding classes for children. Both at the Observatory and places like the Museum so interest them in the science of it all."
[break][break]
"Well," Nenet then muses. "Mostly I track star trajectories - make sure they're what we expect. We do study collisions when they happen, and any changes we can observe both with the naked eye and mathematically, like gravitational fluxuations."
[break][break]
Aurelie's change in attention also causes Nenet to look at the clock as well. She purses her lips, humming thoughtfully, before musing aloud, "I lost track of time. I have a massage soon." Tipping her chin towards Aurelie, she asks, "Are you in here for longer? We could go together if you have one too."

NOTES

- .[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 1:58:43 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie arched an eyebrow quizzically when Nenet gave her an appraising look after she'd already stopped making what she at least considered flirtatious comments. Clearly, I just can't seem to stop myself, even when I'm trying to, the red-haired smith thought, one corner of her mouth curling upward in amusement. What did I even say out loud this time that sounded flirty?

At least, Nenet's up-and-down evaluation of her hadn't lingered overlong on the eyepatch, which her gaze had swept over with the same nonchalance as it had over the rest of Aurelie. Considering that, in the past, the eyepatch had at times been a non-starter for some people—and a little too uncomfortably interesting for others—this level of dispassion was quite welcome.

She nodded thoughtfully in response to Nenet's explanations and musings, murmuring, "Ohhh, Gothorita? And Clefairy? I had no idea. Beheeyem does make sense, though..." She did wince a little at the thought of equating herself to the children that Nenet taught in her classes. At least, Aurelie hoped she didn't come across as too childish.

Though it wouldn't be the first time, she thought ruefully, thinking of her enduring love of things like video games and tabletop roleplaying games—none of which she planned to mention aloud right now.

Aurelie's face brightened when Nenet suggested they get their massages together. The red-haired smith sprang to her feet enthusiastically, retrieving her towel from the bench beside her.

"I'd love to!" she replied eagerly. "I also have a massage scheduled next too, so the timing is perfect. Come on, let's go!"

Aurelie hurried over to the door, holding it open for Nenet in heedless disregard for the etiquette of leaving the entrance closed to keep as much heat as possible in the sauna room. Once outside, the red-haired smith wrapped the towel around herself, grateful for its fluffy warmth in comparison to the chilly feeling of the perfectly temperate hallway in comparison to the dry heat of the sauna. The peppermint scent imbued into the terry fabric was soothing and refreshing.

She checked her printed and schedule. "Okay, it says the massages take place in the..." Aurelie smirked a little at the name. "The Room of Resplendent Relaxation. Well, that sounds promising.

"So, that's..."
She held up the small map on the schedule to eye level and squinted at it to see it clearer. They went down the end of the hallway, turned the corner, and saw the room on the first door to the left.

"I'm really looking forward to this," Aurelie confided in a low voice as she pushed open the door and looked across animatedly toward the masseuses and wooden massage tables waiting inside. "I have a feeling I've got so many tight spots and knots that I'd love to get worked on. Have you gotten a massage here before?"

Hopefully, I don't sound too childish now about this, she thought as she smiled first at Nenet and then at the masseuses. But then, it's a massage! Who wouldn't be excited about that?

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 1:26:21 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Nenet gives a succinct nod, her hands making an absent motion as she offers, "They aren't overly obvious like the Elgyem line, they've both adapted well to our world." She nonetheless smiles - her comment hadn't been an insult, merely the product of teaching often and having very few adults interested in the genetic and physiological differences that extraterrestrial pokemon were known to have and all of the technical jargon that went with it.
[break][break]
Whatever thoughts were clouding Aurelie's face seem to lift at the suggestion they take their massages together. The woman in question is at the door swiftly, and Nenet quickly scoops up the towel in her lap to settle around her bust and tuck the fabric there.
[break][break]
She follows Aurelie out of the suana and then peers over the woman's shoulder as the massage room's name is announced. Snorting, she murmurs to her fellow relaxee, "They name everything the most ridiculous things." Pointing, she offers, "This way I think."
[break][break]
Together the woman wander down the hallways together until they finally find the appropriate room and Aurelie opens the door.
[break][break]
"Not here," she answers, her golden eyes taking in the minimalist decor with a single bamboo plant in one corner, two massage tables, and a few chairs for placing their things on. "The masseuse I usually use is back in Alola," Nenet admits. With a playful wink, she confides, "I like when they walk on your back but that's been hard to find in Hoenn." Taking off her towel and slipping under one of the table's sheets, she asks curiously, "You?"

NOTES

- .[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2023 23:40:44 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Nenet's golden stare rested on Aurelie with almost unsettling clarity throughout their friendly chat, as if registering her every tiny gesture and reaction. It was enough to make the red-haired smith wonder if the other woman could actually see into her mind and understand every emotion and thought passing through her head. Or perhaps it was simply that her far-seeing gaze, so used to peering deep into the mysteries of the universe, just grew particularly keen and perceptive when watching something as relatively simple as a normal human being.

When Nenet explained her history and preferences in massages, Aurelie couldn't help doing a surprised double take. "Walking on your back? Huh, I've never heard of that!" She glanced sidelong at the waiting masseuses, all clearly full-grown adults. "Wouldn't that be...a little heavy?"

"Not necessarily," one of the masseuses broke in with a smile, having evidently overheard her curious question. "If the practitioner is small and lightweight enough, weight shouldn't be a problem, though of course we'd always be careful to check how much pressure or weight a particular client can bear."

Aurelie frowned in thought as she considered it, before shrugging lightly. "Sounds intense! Maybe I'll try it someday. But...to actually answer your question, this is my first time here too.

"So,"
she added with a laugh, turning to the masseuses, "treat us both gently, please, ladies!" The pair of women smiled politely back and nodded, gesturing for them both to climb atop the pristine, empty tables. Aurelie was all too happy to do so after sliding off her towel and plopping it onto the nearby chair.

Lying facedown on the table, she comfortably pillowed her forehead on her hands while answering the masseuse's soft questions. "No, no particular allergies or medical conditions. No, no skin conditions. Oh, sure, massage oil sounds nice. Umm, sweet almond's fine.

"Problem areas?"
She laughed, the sound slightly muffled by her hands and the table. "Probably my entire back, plus my shoulders. My job involves a fair amount of regular physical exertion. Oh, I'm a blacksmith and bladesmith. Uh, kitchen and utility knives, mostly."

As the masseuse started to work on her back, Aurelie let out a long groan of pleasure and relief as the woman's thumbs pressed confidently and firmly into the small of her back, relieving several days' worth of accumulated tension. "Ohhhhh, that's so nice. Thank you." Then she tilted her head toward Nenet, slightly questioningly.

"Do you get this kind of treatment in Alola?" she inquired, her teasing smile audible in her voice. "I've heard that region is utterly beautiful...ooooh, yessss, right there...basically like paradise, no other word for it. Is that true? Do you...ahhh...miss it, Nenet?"

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 2:15:16 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Nenet purses her lips in thought, though one of the masseuses speaks. She then snorts as Aurelie requests they be treated gently, and in a stage-whisper purrs to her own masseuse, "You can be rough," with mirth laden in her voice.
[break][break]
She then unties her robe and lays it nearby, a sheet draped over her for modesty as she settles onto her stomach. A brief conversation with the spa worker and Nenet murmurs to focus on her shoulders, after which she sinks into the padded table as blessed pressure is applied to her back.
[break][break]
"Hmm?" Nenet hums before she registers she's being spoken to. There's silence for a moment as she ponders her answer, and then she says, "I do miss it - almost all of my family is there - but my work brought me here and that's what has always driven me and my decisions."
[break][break]
"Thankfully Hoenn has plenty of beaches, even though nothing compares to camping up on Blush Mountain for research."

[break][break]
"Where are you from?" she asks after a soft grunt when the masseuse finds a knot beneath one shoulder blade. "Or are you a Hoenn native?"

NOTES

- .[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2023 22:25:09 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie couldn't help but smirk when Nenet assured the masseuses that they could be rough with her. Not that she expected the masseuses to pull out boxing gloves or brass knuckles, of course, but perhaps Nenet was booked for a deep tissue massage or something more specialized. Still, a small and terrible part of her mind tittered and thought, No wonder she and Zev have fun together.

Thankfully, the more rational side of Aurelie's mind shied away from pursuing that line of thought any further.

Instead, she let herself relax and luxuriate in the long, gentle, flowing strokes of the masseuse's hands, which slowly yet surely kneaded away deep knots of tension in her back that she hadn't even known were there. Sprawling loose-limbed and languorous over her massage table, she turned her head to look over at Nenet as the other woman answered her lighthearted query. Nenet's thoughtful answer, as well as the affectionate reference to her family—the normality of it all—made Aurelie unexpectedly pensive.

Of course, people move for work all the time, but of course, they miss the family they left behind, she thought. That's normal. That's how it usually goes. Even for her, it was still somewhat true. She missed Kalos and her family there still, despite everything.

But whether they miss me...

Lost in her melancholy reverie, Aurelie only realized Nenet had politely returned the question and asked where she was from when the masseuse discreetly tapped her shoulder to draw her attention. "Oh! Sorry. Right. I'm from Kalos," she answered hastily. "I guess my accent must be fading away now, though, after living here for over a year."

It was a sobering thought. Aurelie didn't know whether to be pleased or sad about it. But fluency was always a good thing, she supposed.

"You're lucky to have a job—a vocation, really—that you love so much," she mused, breathing in the light, sweet fragrance of the massage oil being rubbed into her skin. "And one that loves you back too, if they give you incentives to come to a place like this to take care of yourself when you're not working. Not everyone is fortunate enough to know their place in the universe so clearly and precisely."

She fell quiet then, letting the masseuse's ministrations soothe and lull her. "I hope I'm not being presumptuous," she added after a brief pause. "We did just meet, after all, so I wouldn't know about any drama or obstacles at your work or outside it. But what you have—from what little I know—seems nice. I envy you."