Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,326 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Ancient Riddles [M]
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 1:46:50 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

With everything going on lately, Nomi had almost forgotten about her graduate thesis. A few days following the faction conflict in the Ultra Deep Sea, the young scientist had suddenly realized she was one week out from the deadline for her first draft. Though she'd been working on it for months, it took several consecutive all-nighters for her to finesse it into something worthy of her advisor and sponsor, 's, time.[break][break]
Exhausted, she showed up at her professor's office on the day of the deadline with her first draft in hand. Given the circumstances, she felt she'd delivered something rather sophisticated - if perhaps with a conclusion that was just a little rushed. Well, that's what first drafts were for, right? She could refine it later.[break][break]
If there would be a later, considering there might be a worlds-ending apocalypse looming on the horizon.[break][break]
"Hello, Professor Graves!" She greeted him with a pleasant smile as she entered, only to stop in her tracks as she took in his appearance. Arm in a sling. The ghosts of bruises all across his face. Circles under his eyes. And then it all came rushing back to her: the horrible state he'd been in when she'd come across him in the Ultra Deep Sea. It seemed he was still in recovery.[break][break]
"Er," she stammered, feeling suddenly awkward. He had not - luckily! - recognized her as the Rocket he'd subdued in an attempt to survive getting out of the Ultra Deep Sea, but it meant she had to pretend like she had no idea what was going on. At the same time, a part of her felt a genuine pang of concern for the man. He was a highly intelligent, patient, kind educator who had taken her under his wing. She cared about his wellbeing, even if it was imperative that he never know about the work she did for Rocket.[break][break]
Valerian padded further into the room, immediately settling down in a patch of sunlight streaming in through a window, while Nomi continued to stand in the doorway, frozen in place.[break][break]
"Are you okay, Professor?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Zero to Hundred (May 2023)[break]
This thread takes place after Postdormitum but before Goodbye Galar[break]
Nomi's Outfit Inspiration[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f798d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
Ancient Riddles [M]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 0:46:06 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gideon-wrap"]
[attr="class","gideon-main"]
[attr="class","gideon-words"]

was looking out of his office window at a small campus courtyard when his door groaned opened. His leather chair creaked as he swiveled to face the guest that entered, finding none other than hesitating at the threshold to the room.[break][break]

She looked worried. Afraid, even.[break][break]

He'd expected this, of course. His general countenance was anything but welcoming most days – add his injuries on top of this and the professor was practically off-putting. [break][break]

"It's alright, Ms. Sato. Please come in. I'm doing much better now."[break][break]

But no, he wasn't okay. [break][break]

Following over a week of vivid nightmares and ongoing listlessness during the day, he'd finally scheduled a therapy appointment for the following week. His physical wounds were healing, but he wasn't so sure about his mental ones.[break][break]

So, what would any workaholic do? Throw themselves into their job to distract from the pain, obviously.[break][break]

"I see you have something for me," He observed, extending his good arm to take the thesis in her hand. "I've been looking forward to reading the culmination of all your hard work."

[attr="class","gideon-notes"]

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap b] color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,326 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Ancient Riddles [M]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2023 0:48:01 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

His tone said one thing, but his body language said another.[break][break]
He's not being entirely truthful, she decided. Her professor was most certainly not okay.[break][break]
She decided not to force the issue, however, ignoring the guilt that welled in her gut. She had been a part of the circumstances that had traumatized and injured him, but there was nothing to be done about it now. Apologizing more directly would involve admitting to being Rocket.[break][break]
She could not do that, no matter how much she cared for him.[break][break]
So, Nomi walked confidently into the room, shedding her air of caution, pretending to relax at his reassurance. She handed over her thesis with a smile. "I hope it doesn't disappoint," she remarked.[break][break]
A poster depicting an in-depth analysis of various fossilized Pokémon caught Nomi's eye as she glanced around the familiar office, and she suddenly remembered something else she'd wanted to ask her professor about.[break][break]
"If you've got a moment, Professor Graves, I actually have a question," she said. "It relates to the recently discovered paradox Pokémon, if you are familiar?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
Ancient Riddles [M]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 20:36:24 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

"I'm sure it won't. Nothing you've written ever has." High praise from someone like Professor Graves, who only reserved such compliments for his brightest students. A category which obviously fell into.[break][break]

Still, just because she'd never disappointed him didn't mean her work was perfect. There were always things that could be refined and delved into for more depth.[break][break]

Setting the thesis aside to read in detail later, Gideon's brows rose a fraction of an inch at the mention of Paradox Pokémon. [break][break]

"...I am, yes. What's your question, Ms. Sato?"

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,326 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Ancient Riddles [M]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 16:44:44 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

She blushed, chest swelling with pride, when he praised her work, feeling only a little bit guilty about how hastily she'd scrambled to finish the draft. She knew Professor Graves valued her insights and observations, having mentioned more often than not that she was one of his brightest students, but she never tired of hearing him say it.[break][break]
I really should sell the brewery, she resolved. So I can dedicate more of my time to school. Especially given her obligations to Rocket, which were growing more and more time consuming.[break][break]
"I managed to capture one recently," she explained. "You know how I work for the university's rift guide volunteer group? Well, during one one of my recent expeditions into the Ultra Deep Sea, I encountered this one."[break][break]
It wasn't really a lie; she did volunteer her time as a guide for League scientists and politicians to enter the various rifts. She just also did work for Rocket of a similar nature, and it was during one of those missions that she'd found this particular paradox.[break][break]
She released the Scream Tail, bracing for the creature's attitude. Spirulina huffed, looking irritated, as if its mere existence was at odds with its surroundings (which, perhaps, it was), but it did not lash out at Nomi or Gideon. It sniffed, glaring intently at Valerian instead. He growled softly - a typical "don't even think about it" sentiment. Nomi sighed, rolling her eyes.[break][break]
"As you can see, it looks like...a Jigglypuff. Except different? Some of the paradoxes are akin to machines, but this one...this one is flesh and blood, in the traditional sense." She'd checked that right away. "What do you make of it?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
Ancient Riddles [M]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 4:24:23 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

She'd caught one, had she? [break][break]

Had it been during the same event where he'd procured his own Paradox Pokémon? ...No, surely not. There was no way a student like would have been within one hundred miles of a battleground like Granite Cave. [break][break]

So, accepted her explanation without reservation. He trusted her as a cherished pupil. Why would she lie?[break][break]

"Fascinating," He intoned, leaning slightly forward in his seat to better view the odd creature.[break][break]

As she said, the thing looked similar to a modern-day JIGGLYPUFF, except slightly larger and with more exaggerated features.[break][break]

"As far as what I make of it... well, it's difficult to say." The professor was lost in thought now, metaphorically thumbing through possible ideas and connections within his mind.[break][break]

"More research needs to be done, of course. But the appearance of these Paradox Pokémon coincided with a strange mist found within the Ultra Deep Sea. That's likely not a coincidence," Here his umber gaze returned to Nomi.[break][break]

"Still. I'd love to get a few samples from this one, if you don't mind. We can check for genetic markers and see how similar it actually is to a Jigglypuff."

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,326 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Ancient Riddles [M]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 17:50:40 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"By all means," Nomi waved her hand in affirmation. "Take as many samples as you'd like. We can study its genetic makeup together."[break][break]
The university had cutting edge equipment, comparable to what she had access to on the Rocket submarine. It was Gideon's critical eye she valued more.[break][break]
The Scream Tail shuffled its feet, seemingly agitated by the prospect of having its blood drawn. Had it understood what they were talking about?[break][break]
"Have you spent much time in the Ultra Deep Sea, Professor?" She asked, keeping her tone casual - the usual notes of curiosity. "I've been there a few times now, through the university."[break][break]
Experienced scientific upperclassman who passed a series of tests were able to volunteer to accompany various folks - politicians, students in other departments, journalists, etc - into Hoenn's various anomalous rifts via The Rift Guide Program. Gideon would be familiar, she knew; it would not draw suspicion, though she had also visited several of the rifts with members of Team Rocket.[break][break]
And of course, there was the altercation that had taken place between her and Gideon in the Ultra Deep Sea recently...[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
Ancient Riddles [M]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 17:56:43 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

was grateful for his student’s generosity and flexibility, especially given his current medical situation. Though he was back to work against his doctor’s wishes, the professor still operated at a slower pace than usual. would need to be patient for her thesis feedback.[break][break]

Still, he knew she’d understand. Naomi was one of the most genuinely kind-hearted graduate assistants he’d had the pleasure of guiding over the course of his career. Perhaps that was why she continued in her questioning, inadvertently hitting a nerve at the mention of the Ultra Deep Sea.[break][break]

Some, though likely not as much as you have. Much of my work keeps me tied to my desk, unfortunately.” He hoped his deflection was enough to stifle her inherent curiosity.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,326 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Ancient Riddles [M]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 20:14:49 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"Well, try and be careful," she advised him, fighting the guilt that churned her stomach. "If you go back, I mean." She paused. "I've heard Team Rocket has taken an interest in whatever valuables might be down there."[break][break]
She glanced at the Scream Tail, thinking of the various paradoxes that had emerged from the dream mist. Rocket would absolutely take advantage of the potential of such dangerous creatures. They had proven to be quite ferocious; when tamed, as deadly as any weapon.[break][break]
"In any case, let's get started with the samples. And if you'd like to keep it around for a bit - for further study - by all means, please do."[break][break]
Nomi gently laid a hand on his arm, smiling encouragingly up at her professor.[break][break]
"I am confident you'll be able to draw all sorts of fascinating conclusions."[break][break]
She might have felt guilty for the injuries he had sustained in the Ultra Deep Sea, but she would certainly share his findings with her Rocket peers without batting so much as an eyelash; after all, it wasn't like the university's research was unavailable to the public. Anyone could gain access to it, if they knew where and how to look.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights