March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Bolero of Paldea [M][C/Absalom]
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 4:38:45 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin had caught Ozzy the Skeledirge from the Safari Zone primarily for its Ghost-type DNA to be extracted during the synthesis of Lathiel, her Type: Null. There weren't a lot of Ghost-type Pokémon with the right size and shape to bear the weight of a human on their backs. Dragapult were one of the few that could do it, but the species was much too fast for her to get comfortable with. It seemed silly, and almost sad, to those who didn't truly understand her; whilst wearing her Sygna Suit, she could survive, and even enjoy, the speed of her Flygon's wing beating underneath her at dozens of times per second, yet the raw velocity of the phantom dragon was too much for her. It was one of the biggest reasons she dared not challenge 's Gym.

Shalin got an equally confused look when she asked her favorite tanner in Verdanturf to fit Ozzy with a saddle. While he was the right size and shape for it, Skeledirge did not make for good mounts due to their low speed. Nonetheless, she remained seated on the ghost-type, trying to get a feel for what the ghost-type gator could do. Expectations remained low, though; she barely survived the extraction process, severely limiting her from reaching the full potential of others of her kind. There was a reason Ozzy and Lathiel were quite a distance from one another; despite them both being on Team Shalin, Ozzy resented the Type: Null, and only just barely trusted Shalin enough to allow her to fide him. Little did Shalin know the discoveries she would make would lead Ozzy to reach a unique position on her team...

{WC: 281}
{PC: 1}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Ozzy           Skeledirge      Good
Lathiel        Type: Null      Good
Sandy          Flygon          Good
Flit           Yanmega         Good
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 0:49:35 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","header"]WHAT DOESN’T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER
[attr="class","setting"]

There was nothing that beat the feeling of riding on his hisuian zoroark. When he did so it was liking being one with his Pokémon. He could connect with Mirage in ways he couldn’t his other Pokémon. That’s not to say he didn’t love his other Pokémon. He did he just didn’t spend as much time with them as he did Mirage, having always felt a deeper connection between him and zoroark due to the dual type having been his very first Pokémon.
[break][break]
When he had first decided to ride Mirage, once he had evolved, his sister had been concerned. Worried that he might get hurt. It had taken a lot of convincing for his sister to allow it. Only allowing it under the terms she could choose the saddle and check it out before Axel did which he had agreed to. It was also better transport than riding a bike which was a struggle for him due to how strenuous it was.
[break][break]
What his sister didn’t know was that he often had Mirage go pretty fast. He just enjoyed the feeling of the wind in his hair. And going fast on a Pokémon was less taxing than running or riding a bike. With both usually triggering his less than stellar health.
[break][break]
So riding Pokémon was something he did a lot. It was actually what he was on his way to do when he noticed a green haired woman on a Skeledirge. It made him curious since the dual type weren’t known for their speed. Once he was close enough to talk to her without having to yell he spoke to her.
[break][break]
”Hello, how goes it?” he said, blushing when he realized how that sounded. ”Ugh that sounded more cool in my head,” he said before blushing even harder when he realized he’d said that out loud.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes
[attr="class","pokeclass"]
[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/4Nx7gBjz/IMG-1628.jpg);[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 29, 2023 8:13:51 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin spurred Ozzy onward, experimenting with what the fire-type could do. While his speed capped out at a mere trot, she still looked like she was enjoying herself, going back and forth with her mount's swaying back. When called out to her and her unusual mount, Shalin reined the Skeledirge around. He was quick to respond, but slow to turn around. "Oh, hi there!" she awkwardly waved. "Don't sweat it - first impressions aren't everything! I'm just learning more about--"

The sound of a loud crash interrupted her, Ozzy turning toward its source. Lathiel had locked horns with a wild Gurdurr that was getting the better of her. The stubborn Type: Null wasn't backing down, a well-timed CRUSH CLAW knocking the steel beam out of the fighting-type's hands. The wild quickly picked it up and hurled it at the chimeric Pokémon. Before the battle could escalate any more, Ozzy faced the two directly and sounded a loud ROAR. The girl's skin tingled from the ghost-type's entire body shaking rapidly during the sonic discharge. Her ears started to ring. She was used to the vibration from riding giant bug Pokémon, but ear protection was a whole different factor!

1YpSyCnF

{WC: 199}
{PC: 2}

Lathiel        Type: Null      Fair
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 15:02:43 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","setting"]

Thankfully the woman didn’t seem weirded out about what he had said. Socializing wasn’t exactly his forte. In retrospect he supposed he should’ve known that would sound weird. Though the fact she was using a Skeledirge as a mount was weird in itself. He saw no point in the whole think if the Pokémon couldn’t go fast.
[break][break]
The green haired woman was in the middle of saying something when she got cut off by a commotion. Distracted himself he turned his head towards the common to see a Type: Null battling it out with a Gurdurr. The Gurdurr had a type advantage against the Type: Null. But the normal type wasn’t making it easy for the fighting type.
[break][break]
He was so focused on the fight that he didn’t notice what the Skeledirge was doing into it used Roar. Caught by surprise as he was he had to keep himself from falling out of the saddle. That would’ve been embarrassing. He fought to calm down not wanting his emotions to trigger an episode.
[break][break]
”Definitely wasn’t expecting that,” he said once he had calm down before shooting a curious glance towards the Skeledirge. ”If you don’t mind me asking why did you choose Skeledirge as a mount?”[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/4Nx7gBjz/IMG-1628.jpg);[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 2:43:41 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Neither was I," Shalin chirped back, her voice still a bit distorted from the Skeledirge's rumbling voicebox calming down. Her dulled senses caused her to overlook Lathiel going ham on the already-fallen Gurdurr. It may have been for the best, as seeing such brutality from the Type: Null would have landed her a one-way trip back to her Poké Ball!

"I want the experience," Shalin replied, quickly and bluntly. "Every new ride Pokémon is a new adventure!" Her body awkwardly sunk when she realized how outlandish she must have sounded to Absalom. She half-backpedaled her answer with her next one. "There aren't too many Ghost-types that can do it, and I'm not sure I can handle a Dragapult." Ozzy jostled Shalin in his laughter, the Skeledirge having a much more positive outlook despite his disability. He was merely grateful to have a second chance at life. "I'm slowly learning that Skeledirge are very... musically inclined, and we're trying to learn together ways, other than his Roar, to take advantage of that."

SQp98cI1

{WC: 172}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 1:52:20 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg4"]

[attr="class","header"]LIVE LIFE FOR YOU NOT FOR OTHERS

[attr="class","setting"]

While Shalin missed it Axel didn’t and he resisted the urge to wince or show that he was put off in any way. He had read up on Type: Null to know what they were like. And he couldn’t exactly begrudge a Pokémon for being what they were suppose to be. So he thought it best he didn’t bring attention to the situation, at least not unless it happened again.
[break][break]
Her quick response made him skeptical but he hid it behind the perplexed look he shot her. ”I wasn’t trying to offend you,” he said figuring from her blunt tone his words had offended her somehow. He hadn’t been trying to pry. He had just been curious about it was all.
[break][break]
Hearing her response he frowned. In a sense he supposed she was right. ”Mirage is a normal/ghost type,” he explained indicating the Zoroark he was currently riding. ”Not hard to ride though I suppose that depends on what you have him do,” he said as he patted the ghostly Pokémon.
[break][break]
Watching the two he couldn’t help but be amused. His amusement grew as she mentioned the fire gator being musically inclined. ”I can see that, trying to give Toxtricity a run for their money?” he teased naming the first musically inclined Pokémon that popped into his head.
[break][break]
”I have a Jigglypuff but I don’t have any other musically inclined Pokémon. I prefer normal types,” he explained absently stroking Mirage. ”Do you have a preference?” he inquired regarded her curiously.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/4Nx7gBjz/IMG-1628.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg4 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 0:14:19 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"None taken!" Shalin chirped back, Ozzy crawling toward Slateport at a surprising rate of speed. While he wasn't keeping up with Mirage at a run, he was still faster than walking. Her eyes shifted toward the Hisuian Pokémon. It looked solid enough and plenty fleet of foot. Might be worth trying! There was just a matter of finding one.

At last, Lathiel had set down her chewtoy that was the Gurdurr, the battle-crazed Type: Null running toward the two ghost-types. Instead of returning to Shalin's side, she galloped toward Absalom's and started trotting alongside him and his Pokémon. "I don't mind you keeping them company; just try to be civil about it, okay?" she pleaded before answering the young man's question.

"I love my giant bug Pokémon. There's nothing more freeing than flying above the woods on a Beedrill's back!" Freeing, yes, but stressful on the body, too. It was one of a myriad of reasons only the extremely brave or reckless flew on one. First, the typical disposition of a monarch Beedrill was far from conducive to be trained for such a purpose. Second, only the very largest Beedrill were big enough and strong enough for a human to fit on their backs. Third, the vibration was maddening to most. Not only was the rapidly-shaking exoskeleton prone to deprive one of the sense of touch, but one would also have to have strong ear protection on.

In the meantime, Shalin's attention was drawn to the embers dancing around her fire-type mount's mouth. Unbeknownst to her, it would be the prelude to a TORCH SONG.

QLkFHUVR

{WC: 268}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 19:03:02 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","header"]LIVE LIFE FOR YOU NOT FOR OTHERS

[attr="class","setting"]

To his relief he was told that Shalin wasn’t offended. It did make him curious about her blunt tone though. He supposed it really wasn’t his business though so he would just let it go. Besides they had moved on with the conversation anyway, there was no point in continuing to harp on one thing.
[break][break]
His attention was momentarily grabbed by Lathiel as the Type: Null charge towards him. Instead of falling in beside Shalin like he expected he instead fell in beside him and Mirage. He eyed the Type: Null curiously reminded himself to ask Shalin how she had inquired one. It seemed like a pretty interesting Pokémon if not a bit violent at times.
[break][break]
Oh right he remembered talking about riding a beedrill. The gym leader had confirmed his thoughts on it being taxing on the body. ”With how stressful something like that is on a the body I wouldn’t be able to do that. I have be careful with what I put my body through. I was born with underdeveloped lungs,” he admitted frowning slightly. ”Riding Mirage doesn’t put much stress on my body even if I have him go as fast as he can. Running around actually puts more strain on my body than riding does.”
[break][break]
He wondered if something like that was weird. But he’d found that when he rode on Mirage he was less likely to overexert himself. Though his condition was still triggered more than he would like. Though that was more to due with being reckless.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/4Nx7gBjz/IMG-1628.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 7:35:21 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
With her battle over and the Gurdurr defeated, Lathiel took a breather. She watched Shalin, who awkwardly rode the fire-type that didn't seem terribly suited for the job. It was Shalin, though; she would hop on just about any Pokémon with a body shape reasonable for it... and then some. If she didn't like it, she couldn't say she didn't try!

Absalom was correct. While Shalin had quite a few problems, health problems weren't one of them. "It is," she confirmed. "The vibration takes a lot of getting used to, and you have to have a strong body to do it. It's hard to describe what it's like without taking you on one, but if you have a disability like that, I wouldn't want to put you through it." That was strange; her two Ninetales had pretty rough running strokes, their backs flexing quite a bit. Was that of a Zoroark more stable? It sure seemed like it.

Before Shalin could answer, a deep rumble came from her mount's gaping maw, followed by a bellow that rocked her much like her Kommo-o's scales did. As the TORCH SONG crescendoed, so did the frequency and intensity of the vibration. Without Shalin being in her Sygna Suit, the ghost-type's shaking back quickly unseated her. "Whoa! I wasn't expecting that, Ozzy!" she said with a trembling voice, her extremities tingling. If Absalom were to touch Shalin, he would experience a similar feeling.

ZQMsI8tQ

{WC: 240}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2023 16:09:39 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Listening to what she had to say he nodded in agreement. His condition could be really bad at times. And he had a feeling putting his body through those kind of vibrations would trigger one of the worse episodes. The doctors couldn’t explain the symptom figured the coughing just irritated the lining of his throat or something like that.
[break][break]
”I’m usually pretty good at determining if my body can handle something. Though I admit I can be a bit rash at times,” he said sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. ”I’m still learning what it’s like to be a kid. My parents never let me leave the house out of fear my condition would be triggered. So I’m not always as careful as I should be since I want to be able to experience the world I never was able to before coming here.”
[break][break]
He watched what happened with a curious gaze. While he had no plans of adding a Skeledirge to his party he would still commit the move to memory. That way if he ever had to battle one that could use that move he would know what it looked like. From what he could see it seemed to send a vibration through the Pokémon. Though he would wonder if it was a powerful vibration, like one would expect from a beedrill.
[break][break]
He supposed he would ask her once she had recovered from the vibration. Or maybe not recovered. But got her bearings back. He was sure she was more than use to these kind of vibrations so it would be more like having to get your bearings back than having to recover.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2023 6:22:08 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar

Ozzy seemed very proud of his power, the burning gharial having overwhelmed even his trainer with the power of his deafening voice. Even Lathiel came bounding toward Shalin out of concern for her. She was quick to slide off the Skeledirge's back and use the Type: Null for support, though she didn't dare mount the normal-type. Lathiel was still too unpredictable to hop onto; while she had ridden wild Pokémon before, she had never sat astride something as powerful as a Type: Null. She even showed caution around common but powerful Pokémon like Haxorus; attempting to ride a wild dragon was asking for nothing but trouble.

"He's too much for me to handle," Shalin exhaled deeply, "I still can't feel my hands. Wow, Ozzy's Torch Song is powerful. It's really hard to describe what it's like up there. Earthquake definitely isn't the right word. It's not violent like an earthquake is... it's just jarring unlike anything else I've ever been on. And I've ridden many kinds of Pokémon. You never know until you try, though!" Perhaps, once her Sygna Suit had been stitched, she would consider giving the bellowing ghost-type another go. For now, though, one rumbling rodeo was enough!

80rifMDk

{WC: 203}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2023 15:25:04 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

From what he could tell it seemed like what the ghost type had just done would be taxing on the body. He would have to make sure not to try and ride that type of Pokémon. Sure he might enjoy going fast but that didn’t mean he would like being shaken about. Even if he had a Sygna Suit he didn’t think he would be able to with stand it. Especially considering that it seemed like she couldn’t really withstand it either. And she was someone that didn’t have any ailment holding her back like he was.
[break][break]
He watched as she needed to use the Type: Null for support and listened to her go on about the experience. ”Like a live wire,” he suggested when he talked about what it felt like. Not that he knew what a live wire felt like. But it was the way some people described things. And it was usually used to describe something that was pretty intense.
[break][break]
”Even if it wasn’t for my condition I don’t think I would want to do something like that. Maybe if it wouldn’t be such an intense situation,” he admitted his gaze fixed on the Skeledirge. Though considered he favored normal types he didn’t think that would be much of a problem. Not unless he rode the Pokémon with someone something of which he had no plans of doing.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2023 2:29:50 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
While Shalin wasn't around city-goers often enough to pick up on a lot of common idioms, she knew exactly what that one meant. "You're not wrong, though!" she agreed. "I just didn't have a ghost-type Pokémon I could hop onto was all." The performer would still have his uses, though! "I've got so many Pokémon that can make loud noise that I could probably throw a concert with just them, tee hee!" She nodded as Absalom continued, describing his experience with the Paldean species. "I've been called crazy for doing things far more tame. She's on the other side of the plateau in search of nectar, but Queen Zing, my main flying ride Pokémon, is a Beedrill."

Ozzy's song became much more gentle, Lathiel again yawning and falling asleep. "I think there's something wrong with Lathiel. Usually she's full of energy, but she's... really lethargic today. I should probably take her to a Pokémon Center and see what's wrong with her. It's been great to meet you! I'm sure we'll see each other again." With that, Shalin withdrew both her Pokémon, sent out her Flygon, then mounted up and made a beeline for Rustboro City's south district.

{WC: 202}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2023 19:21:55 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Listening to what she had to say he nodded. With Mirage being a partial ghost type he hadn’t needed to worry about that. And he had no plans of acquiring another ghost type Pokémon either. Not unless another normal/ghost type Pokémon was discovered anyway.
[break][break]
Her voice pulled him out of his thoughts. ”I admit I’m not one for a lot of loud noise. I guess because it’s not something I’m use to,” he admitted with a small shrug. His parents had been careful about that kind of stuff. Or that’s the way he saw it since he hadn’t even been allowed to attend a real school. Though he supposed it was a good thing, since he probably would’ve been skipped ahead.
[break][break]
”I don’t think I’ve ever been called crazy. But my older sister’s told me I can be a bit rash,” he told her. Thinking of his sister made him think he should check the time. He was just about to do that when Shalin’s voice momentarily distracted him. He followed her gaze to Lathiel and he frowned. She did have a point about the Type: Null.
[break][break]
Looking at the time he let out a small sigh. ”Yeah I’ll be seeing you. I should get back home,” he said before watching her leave. Once she was out of sight he would turn Mirage in the direction of Mauville since he had to go through Mauville to get to Verdanturf.[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 20:45:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: