Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Wild Horses [M]
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 6:30:50 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Wild horses couldn’t drag him away from this gang war. The great detective’s made his way to a ranch in Verdanturf. After a lifetime in Slateport, seeing so much open expanse is jaw-dropping. He’s been outside his hometown plenty, but he’s never really seen the region. Not like this. Not for all its beauty, hanging in the shadow of the nearby mountain.[break][break]

Everything still hurts. A team of doctors, nurses, and chansey couldn’t mend all these wounds. Only time will do that. Necessity, too. Adrenaline will shoot up his spine when he needs the stuff, spur him to greater heights. Urge him to fight. For now, he exits the truck. Hobbles forward.[break][break]

Of all his Pokemon, it’s his Greninja that cares enough to jump out of a ball and help him. Hattori has plain sympathy in his eyes. The little Greninja must be only a little more than half Navy’s height, but he still endeavors to support his Lord as best he can.[break][break]

They make their way to the man of the hour. Thomas Benoit. Former elite four, outspoken opponent of the council and its policies. Navy admires the guts. He feels the same way, way more often than he doesn’t. The League isn’t doing enough. He knows the story many of them would paint – how their hands are tied. Tape gets in the way. A thousand issues prevent the hand of the League from reaching down, ripping Rocket out by the roots, and tossing it in the fire.[break][break]

It’s not that simple. They would all say.[break][break]

It should be. Navy’s heart answers.[break][break]

Benoit.” Navy says, slipping over the Kalosian word. “Heard you went on an adventure with my girl Baki down in Dewford.” He lets the statement sit before he asks a question in a voice that lacks strength. “Can I…sit down?

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Wild Horses [M]
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 6:41:59 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas sat on a chair outside, watching the Pokemon roam the area freely. An Eevee sat on the scarred man's lap, nuzzling into his hand gently as his head was gently stroked. Thomas would give Gene a warm smile.

The quiet moment would soon be distrupted. When a familiar man hobbled onto the grounds, a trio of Audino rushed to the man. Even the presence of the Greninja didn't deter the medics from coming to his aid.

"Navidson.", he'd greet the other man. "Yeah, not exactly my first choice of venue.", he'd remark. "Please, take a seat.", Thomas invited him.

When he'd take a seat, the trio of Audino would immediately begin to check him out. Even if he didn't come for this purpose, seeing him the way he was caused them to spring into action. It was in their nature, after all.

"These are Bunni, Petunia, and DeDe, by the way.", he'd introduce the Slateport native to the trio.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Wild Horses [M]
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 7:50:36 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Bunni, Petunia, DeDe.” The detective notes, happy to be fussed over. Hattori backs away, happy to let them tend to his Lord. They’re in friendly territory. Nothing’s going to harm his Lord. Surrounded by such space and splendor, he could relax…[break][break]
Which is exactly why he remains alert, jumping onto the roof and maintaining constant vigil. Only in death does duty end.[break][break]
The detective knows well the heart of his shinobi, but now is not the occasion to chide him. Instead, he sits down and lets the ‘gals’ as he dubs them in his mind tend to his injuries. It helps. Only time will cure some of these wounds, but the near-magical healing properties of some Pokemon certainly help.[break][break]
Good to see you again, man. Been a while.” Navy went off the grid after Meteno. Drinking, losing his way, one day bleeding into another. After so long in that dark world, it feels good to bask in the sun.[break][break]
So, I got pulled into that shitshow ‘cause I was at the wrong place at the wrong time.” He manages a sharp, knowing smile. Looking to the man who still, by all rights, is one of Hoenn’s greatest trainers, he knows this man knows a thing or two.[break][break]
Who leaked it to you? Bet you’ve still got a helluva lot of friends up in the Ever Grande ivory tower.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Wild Horses [M]
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 2:26:26 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The fact that the Greninja took up watch was of no surprise to Thomas. The frog ninja would be met with no resistance, and even support from the tougher Pokemon on the property, who were already patrolling for threats, or taking to the skies around the property.

The trio of Audino wasted no time in getting to work on Michael. Though it was doubtful how much one session would do for him, they would not let him go without making sure he got some treatment.

"Good to see you, too.", Thomas replied to him with a smile.

He would listen to the man's story of being dragged into the events that transpired. "That sucks, but I'm glad you made it out alive.", he'd reply to Michael. "How did your friend fare? Is she alright?"

"Yeah, I still have friends in high places.", he'd confirm. "Though I can't help but feel like I let them down.", he lamented. "Rocket should never have left with the Stone. On top of that, they took a Councilwoman, and a high ranking Ranger hostage. And one of my personal friends went missing."

tags:

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Wild Horses [M]
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 5:28:29 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

’Baki’s fine.” It’s not quite a lie, but it’s on the border. Physically, she’s fit as a fiddle. Mentally…well, that’s where the lie resides. Drifting on the edge of the sea, longing to go down there again. She lost some part of herself down there. Something that she won’t get back, no matter how many times she dives through those depths.[break][break]

But lots of other people aren’t.” Navy’s finally ready to face that grim reality. “Lots of people dead and missing. Bodies in the Ultra Deep Sea that the League can’t or won’t recover yet.” The next words, he speaks like a vow. “…I’ll get ‘em out. But their Pokemon have probably gone insane down there.”[break][break]

Whole situation was a disaster. Frankly, it’s a miracle more important people didn’t get snatched or killed. Crazy part is, whole time I was down there, I didn’t even know what I was fighting for. Just scrambling to survive.” But there’s more going on. He knows the man sitting next to him well enough to know he’s got a plan. Leaning back in his chair while the girls tend to him with their medicinal tools, he speaks about what they both know is on his mind.[break][break]

So, who are you putting together for the rescue op?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Wild Horses [M]
POSTED ON May 29, 2023 8:52:57 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Bunni can detect the partial truth coming from him. She gives the man a frown, and a sad look, before continuing to administer aid.

"If you need any help, lemme know, and I'll do what I can to get 'em out.", he'd tell the private eye. A sincere offer, considering he didn't want the surviving Pokemon to suffer the hell of that environment.

"Me? I have yet to hear from Lars. He, or Callan, would be the ones attempting to put together a rescue op, considering how close they are to the Councilwoman. But if they'll have me, I'll gladly join in.", he'd tell Michael.

Truth be told, he did have plans to look into those Rocket had taken prisoner. He was hoping to find out if they were responsible for the disappearance of . But if he found anything that could be useful to the rescue of the captives, he'd gladly hand it over.

tags:

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Wild Horses [M]
POSTED ON May 29, 2023 9:33:20 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Turns out I worked with Lars for about an hour down there.” A dry laugh accompanies the notion. “Didn’t know who he was, just that we were marching in the same direction. Beat down some goons. Good times.” His tone’s bone-dry too.[break][break]

He seems like a good guy. Well, most rangers do. Not like the precincts around Hoenn.” There’s a reason he’s dipped and dodged around any actual responsibility within Hoenn for years. Rooting out corruption’s a hard thing. He’s never had time, nor the inclination.[break][break]

If him or Young approach you, keep me updated – if Lars doesn’t approach me first. Don’t know how much I’ll be able to contribute. League’s been asking for my help a bunch down in Dewford. It’s in my interests to keep helping ‘em for now.” His shoulders slack.[break][break]

Arceus, man…” His voice drips with frustration. “What a mess, letting Rocket run around like that.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Wild Horses [M]
POSTED ON May 29, 2023 10:33:13 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Interesting.", Thomas replied, upon hearing that he had run into the Head Ranger. "Yeah, he's definitely one of the people you can depend on.", he'd remark. To a man like Michael, this remark would hint that Lars was one of his remaining connections to the League.

"Understandable, I'll keep you updated, for sure.", he'd tell Michael. "And if any survivors you come across need medical help, send 'em my way. I have quarantined areas that I can treat them in, if necessary.", he'd offer.

"Yes, and it feels like there's no end in sight, truth be told. Rocket will not stop until they own the world, possibly the multiverse. I know it's hard, but all we can do is stay vigilant, and fight them off at every turn. League might suck, but letting Rocket win would make things far worse.", he'd comment.

tags:

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Wild Horses [M]
POSTED ON May 29, 2023 10:44:51 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

The multiverse?” Fighting down an eyebrow, and failing, Navy’s expression spills over with unrepentant curiosity. He feels vastly out of his depths.[break][break]
Shit like that’s above my paygrade.” He laughs, as if the laughter can dismiss the notion. Humans are creatures that hardly fit into one universe, much less an infinite number of them.[break][break]
Sounds like something out of those comics Gabe liked to read. You really believe that stuff, man?” Thomas and Navy go back a way. Not as far back as Kyle and Navy, but close. He’s heard about the many battles fought by the man in the name of Hoenn. Hard-fought defeats, hard-won victories. This region’s been a battlefield and Thomas Benoit has been there for most of them.[break][break]
…all I know is, you’re right. Can’t let Rocket win. Whether they win one world or a thousand worlds.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Wild Horses [M]
POSTED ON May 29, 2023 11:01:23 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas was genuinely surprised that Michael didn't hear about everything surrounding the coming of 99943 Meteno.

"It's all been confirmed. You remember the coming of 99943 Meteno? The invisible dome that trapped Hoenn? That was connected to the Multiverse, and a group known as the Drk Triad, who hunted down Avatars, and tried to destroy our world to protect the others. Ours wasn't the first, as we found out in The Cloud, which had 'data' from other worlds claimed by their machinations.", he'd explain.

"Met a copy of myself that was still acting in service to Yveltal. It's how I got outed as their former Judge.", he'd admit, slightly bitter.

"Once my wounds have fully healed, I'm going to be looking into leads. It shouldn't take much longer, I got off relatively easy, and my Audinos have been doing a wonderful job, as always.", he'd tell Michael.

tags:

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Wild Horses [M]
POSTED ON May 29, 2023 15:43:54 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Man…I’m just a detective.” He laughs. “When Lopez and me talk, I usually don’t ask. Not unless he wants a second opinion about something.” That said, he takes all of these revelations at face value. There are pros and cons to being a nobody. Blissful ignorance is a double-edged sword. Dark secrets concerning the truth of the universe are not in his purview.[break][break]
It seems Thomas Benoit is to play the part of the Mad Hatter today, chucking the good detective down the rabbit hole. Deep down into Wonderland, where DRK Triads, Avatars, and the fate of the multiverse are matters of casual discussion.[break][break]
That’s all…so much. Shit. If you need a hand, let me know. Dunno how much I can help, but I will.” He looks up at the sky. He’s already feeling better thanks to the help of the girls. “It’s all so…crazy. I remember reading about Avatars in history books. People wrote about them like they were mythology, not fact.” He favors Thomas with a smile.[break][break]
Crazy to think if we all survive this, you and some of the other Leaguers will be remembered as legends yourself. Even if you don’t have Yveltel anymore, you still had it for a time. That’s more than most people can say.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Wild Horses [M]
POSTED ON May 29, 2023 20:46:11 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas was not used to talking to people out of the loop of things. Anytime he talked about this sort of thing, it was with his former AQUA colleagues. But considering what Michael went through, and the Wilds being as accessible as they were, he felt the detective deserved to know.

"I appreciate it.", he'd reply to the offer.

"Honestly, I don't care about the fame, or being remembered as a legend. The only thing that matters to me is leaving a better world for the next generation. I know they'll have their own troubles to contend with, but if I can help to give them something better, then I'll die happy. And to do that, I'll gladly be an invisible hand, even a pariah, if necessary.", he'd tell Michael.

"I just wish Yveltal didn't abandon me unceremoniously, for a fucking Rocket.", Thomas spat, looking down at the ground.

Though he understood why was angry with the League, he couldn't forgive the fact that he joined Rocket. The fact that he handed them Yveltal on a silver platter.

"Somehow, I have to become an Avatar again. Only then will I have a lick of a chance to take on Rocket, and their Avatars."

tags:

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Wild Horses [M]
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 9:25:49 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Not for the first time, or the last, he wonders who Gabe fought at Sootopolis. He wonders who did his brother in, if they had the power of a god backing them up. Does that make the pill easier or harder to swallow if it was, in fact, an avatar?[break][break]

Navy can’t say. All he knows is that he’s dealing with a man who tasted power. True power. Power is a vexing, intoxicating thing. More addicting than any opiate. Merely by bathing in the power of a legendary, doors are opened. Dahlia Goode and Declan Walsh are both probably more willing to hear out an avatar than someone else.[break][break]

But is it worth it? Losing part of yourself to a god?[break][break]

Y’know, Tom, you don’t have to be an avatar. Some might say you got off light. Got to have that power, for a time, and then you got to move on. It’s a pretty good deal.” A pause. What’s he trying to say here?[break][break]

You don’t have to have a legendary to change things, or fight Rocket.” He questions the validity of his own words. He remembers a battle with two wanted criminals beneath Dewford. They harnessed powers he couldn’t begin to imagine. The shadows danced around them. It was a miracle Navy and the young ranger, Julia, survived.[break][break]

I’ve got your back, even if I don’t have some Pokemon out of a legend powering me up.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Wild Horses [M]
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 16:47:53 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"I disagree. I've seen what kind of power they possess. I know what gives them that power. And the best way to take on a God is to act with the backing of another God.", he'd tell him.

"The fact that Rocket has Xerneas and Yveltal on their side is a horrifying prospect. The embodiments of Life and Death both unified under Rocket's banner. Such a thing cannot be ignored."

Little did he know, that would find himself abandoned by their patron as well. A final "thank you" for saving its life, for sullying their hands in service to it.

Though if Yveltal sought another, who would it be? Certainly not him, given that Thomas declared them both the enemy during their last encounter.

"Yes, while there may be ways of taking them on without such backing, I imagine the task will be an arduous one, where many would have to be sacrificed in the process.", he'd lament. Though he might've sounded like a downer, he was attempting to be realistic. After all, he's seen them in action. He was once one of them.

"I appreciate that. And you know that I've got your back as well.", he'd tell the detective.

"Though truth be told, I didn't come out of that conflict quite empty handed. I managed to find some powerful friends, one of them even has a grudge against that bastard Merlino.", he'd tell the detective, attempting to give him some good news.

Though such a friend came at the price of the former League member reliving one of the worst days of his life, amplified several times over. Not only did steal his Shadow Luxray, he did so in a way that seduced her, and outright turned her against Thomas.

If it wasn't for the Roaring Moon that Gavin would've captured, Thomas would've been a dead man, floating aimlessly towards the bottom of the Ultra Sea, possibly food for the Sharpedo and Barraskewda residing there.

"And this little guy followed me home. I know it'll take some time for him to grow to his full potential, but I'll see to it that he does.", he said, as a Kubfu walked in to check up on Thomas.

tags:

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Wild Horses [M]
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 16:56:18 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Navy doesn’t smoke. If he did, as Thomas kept going, he would have pulled out a cigarette and lit up. It’s bad news. Not all strictly bad, but bad enough. There’s a bad moon rising over Hoenn. Trouble’s on the way.[break][break]

Mew on a matchstick, Tom. Tell me the world’s ending tomorrow while you’re at it!” He tries to cover up the grim talk with a joke, accentuated by a little laugh.[break][break]

I met one of Rocket’s avatars, down in Dewford.” He’s saying ‘down in Dewford’ so much that he’s starting to contemplate commissioning some musician to make a song titled that.[break][break]

Bastard nearly killed me. Probably would’ve, given my thing ‘bout not backing down.” A warrior’s greatest shame is showing his back. It’s not smart, but it got him…[break][break]

Kubfu, huh? I probably would’ve died if an Urshifu hadn’t showed up in the middle of the Interdream Zone to bail me out of a problem.” He raises a pokeball and releases Shuwen, who nods down at Thomas and then to the junior Kubfu. “Dunno where the hell he came from or how it got down there. Probably worth investigating. Shuwen’s a good guy, though.” And he’s got a brother, somewhere out there in the world. got his hands on Shuwen’s equal and opposite.[break][break]

Heh. Wouldn’t mind bein’ this guy’s avatar, if I got my choice.” Shuwen scoffs at the notion. “Heeeey, c’mon!”[break][break]

At least there’s some levity to be had, even in a post-Dewford world.

[break][break]