HOUSE OF CARDS
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2023 19:06:06 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up"]
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-mini-top"]
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-mini-top-cred"]x
-
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-blurb"]Ollie hated hospitals. He would have rather spent time at home, nursing his wounds on his own couch and over a bowl of chicken noodle soup than spend time being coddled by a bunch of nurses and doctors. In fact, if it had been up to him, if he'd been normal, he would have already found some way to escape and been at home already.

[break][break] But the last thing he wanted to do was go home to his apartment in Evergrande, pass by and reminded of the mess that she had made with .

[break][break] So much so was his HATRED for it all that he was willing to suck it up in the hospital, even if meant being tied up by wires and beeping machines and out of the comfort of his home.

[break][break] Half-asleep, Ollie only jostles when Tofu leaps up off his spot at the foot of the Ranger Captain's bedside. The Pikachu's ears perk up in excitement as the door slides open, and Ollie blinks blearily at the door's entrance. Had someone come to visit him?

[break][break] Cloudy jade turns to surprised emerald when he witnesses that of none other than -

[break][break] "Caleb!" he says, startled, voice croaking from disuse. He pushes himself upright with a bit of a wince. "What are you doing here?"

[attr="class","ols2-banner-line"]

[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-icon"]
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-title"]

notes

[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-bounce"]

[newclass=.ols2-banner-up]margin: 0 auto;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;padding:29px;border:solid 1px #232323;width:375px;color: #aeaeae; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up b]color: #D5A43C; font-family:Poppins; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up i]color: #808080; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up u]text-decoration: none;font: 11px poppins; border-bottom:1px solid #808080; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #D5A43C; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-bounce]position:absolute;height:60px;width:60px;border:solid 1px #232323;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #D5A43C, #D5A43C);color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px 0px 5px 0px;margin: -32px 0px 0px 343px; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-bounce img]margin: 0 auto; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-icon]height:35px;width:35px;border-radius:100%;float:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-icon img]height:35px;width:35px;border-radius:100%;margin-top: 15px;margin-left: 5px; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-title]width:300px;font:bold 20px Roboto;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:-1px;padding:4px 0px 0px 55px;color:#eeeeee;margin-top: 15px; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-title div]text-transform:uppercase;font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans!important;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:.25px;padding-top: 6px;color:#aaaaaa; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-title div i::before]display:block;font-size:7px;color:#85ccca;padding-right:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-blurb]display:flex;justify-content:space-between;padding: 20px; display:block;text-align: justify;font:12px Roboto;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;margin-top: -10px; } .ols2-banner-up-blurb a { font:bold 12px/11px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top] border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;padding:10px;background-color:#272727;font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;height:10px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;margin:-29px -29px 25px -29px; [/newclass][newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top a]margin-top:-3px;[/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top div]float:right;margin:-2px -2px -2px 5px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:100%;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;cursor:pointer;border:solid 1px #232323; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top i]color:#7b6678;float:left;margin-right:5px;[/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans!important;text-transform:uppercase;text-decoration: none;[/newclass][newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top-cred]float:right;margin:-2px -2px -2px 5px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:100%;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;cursor:pointer;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top-cred a]font-size:8px!important;line-height:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass][newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top span]position: absolute; width: 300px; margin-top: -1px; font-family:poppins; font-weight:bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ols2-banner-line"] height: 1px; background: #454544; border-radius: 30px; width: 200px; margin: 0px auto; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
HOUSE OF CARDS
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 20:05:33 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"What do you mean 'what am I doing here?'" Caleb scoffed, closing the door behind him with a soft click. Dragging a nearby visitation chair over to the side of the hospital bed, Caleb sat down and gazed at Ollie with a concerned expression.[break][break]
"I wanted to see you."[break][break]
Ollie looked like shit. Caleb had only been partnered with him for a brief time during the recent conflict in the Ultra Deep Sea, so he had not found out about Ollie's condition until the situation had finally resolved: the League retreating, tail between their legs. Caleb, too, had been banged up when he'd made it out, but it seemed Ollie had suffered much more than he had. A pang of guilt coursed through the Ranger as he silently blamed himself for not taking better care of his friend.[break][break]
"I'm sorry," he murmured, feeling suddenly awkward. "I should have been able to protect you."[break][break]
He couldn't help but think back to when they were younger...so long ago, and yet, the memories were as clear as crystal in Caleb's mind. Nearly inseparable whenever they were at summer camp together. Competitive on the soccer field, less so when hanging out off the field. How strange it was to look down at this man who had known Caleb in another lifetime, had maybe even loved him.[break][break]
His chest ached. Everything was so complicated now.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Caleb's Outfit inspiration[break]
Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.calebtest2]--accent:#3ad1e1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.calebtest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
HOUSE OF CARDS
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 20:14:08 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
-
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-blurb"] He was here to visit?

[break][break] Ollie knew that word would travel fast as soon as he'd put in his away notice at the Ranger HQ, and had told the others of his official hospitalization visit. Honestly. There was nothing to worry about. They just needed to keep him for a few days for observation and they'd send him home again — Ollie knew that he could've probably figured out a way to get home again, but he hadnt wanted anything to do with it when going home meant having to deal with that.

[break][break] "Oh. You heard?"

[break][break] The Evergrande Ranger opened his mouth to explain himself, to try and figure out what exactly Caleb knew, before the other spoke up first.

[break][break] 'I'm sorry.'

[break][break] Ollie's brow furrowed. Sorry? Why was Caleb sorry?

[break][break] "You dumbass," Ollie said, huffing out a laugh, as he reached over to ruffle the other's hair. "Protect me? Since when have you protected me?"

[break][break] "You're just a kid."

[break][break] His lips twisted into a smile, green eyes twinkling beneath the hospital's translucent lights.

[break][break] "I'm only a little banged up. No biggie."

[break]

notes

[newclass=.ols2-banner-up]margin: 0 auto;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;padding:29px;border:solid 1px #232323;width:375px;color: #aeaeae; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up b]color: #D5A43C; font-family:Poppins; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up i]color: #808080; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up u]text-decoration: none;font: 11px poppins; border-bottom:1px solid #808080; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #D5A43C; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-bounce]position:absolute;height:60px;width:60px;border:solid 1px #232323;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #D5A43C, #D5A43C);color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px 0px 5px 0px;margin: -32px 0px 0px 343px; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-bounce img]margin: 0 auto; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-icon]height:35px;width:35px;border-radius:100%;float:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-icon img]height:35px;width:35px;border-radius:100%;margin-top: 15px;margin-left: 5px; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-title]width:300px;font:bold 20px Roboto;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:-1px;padding:4px 0px 0px 55px;color:#eeeeee;margin-top: 15px; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-title div]text-transform:uppercase;font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans!important;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:.25px;padding-top: 6px;color:#aaaaaa; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-title div i::before]display:block;font-size:7px;color:#85ccca;padding-right:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-blurb]display:flex;justify-content:space-between;padding: 20px; display:block;text-align: justify;font:12px Roboto;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;margin-top: -10px; } .ols2-banner-up-blurb a { font:bold 12px/11px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top] border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;padding:10px;background-color:#272727;font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;height:10px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;margin:-29px -29px 25px -29px; [/newclass][newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top a]margin-top:-3px;[/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top div]float:right;margin:-2px -2px -2px 5px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:100%;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;cursor:pointer;border:solid 1px #232323; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top i]color:#7b6678;float:left;margin-right:5px;[/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans!important;text-transform:uppercase;text-decoration: none;[/newclass][newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top-cred]float:right;margin:-2px -2px -2px 5px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:100%;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;cursor:pointer;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top-cred a]font-size:8px!important;line-height:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass][newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top span]position: absolute; width: 300px; margin-top: -1px; font-family:poppins; font-weight:bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ols2-banner-line"] height: 1px; background: #454544; border-radius: 30px; width: 200px; margin: 0px auto; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
HOUSE OF CARDS
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2023 2:18:11 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Kid?[break][break]
Caleb blushed, batting Ollie's hand away from his head in a playful fashion - but as soon as the slight pressure of that hand was gone, he instantly missed it.[break][break]
Despite his condition, the other man's smile was bright - cheerful even - and obviously amused by Caleb's comment.[break][break]
"Allright, fine. Guess I wasn't really the protector, you were," Caleb laughed. He was talking about when they were younger, of course, but it seemed Ollie still viewed their dynamic that way. "But I'm only two years younger than you, remember? And we're all grown up now." He poked the other man in the chest. Gently.[break][break]
Caleb didn't fully believe that Ollie's injuries were "no biggie", however. Expression sobering, the Ranger leaned in, brow creasing.[break][break]
"What happened to you, anyway? I mean, we were together briefly in the Ultra Deep Sea, but then we got separated. I remember...we fought two Rockets, though, and you seemed to recognize one of them?"[break][break]
Did that have anything to do with Ollie's current condition?

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.calebtest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
HOUSE OF CARDS
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2023 2:41:06 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
-
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-blurb"] "Ow."

[break][break] When Caleb reaches over to poke him, Ollie winces — but one look at his face would show that he was just kidding. Well, mostly. His injuries were still healing, but he was made of tougher stuff than a mere poke would allow.

[break][break] Still, he pouted. "Is that how you're supposed to treat a patient? Aren't you supposed to be nice to me?" He grinned back then, emerald eyes teasing, before sobering when Caleb asked him the one thing that he'd been dreading.

[break][break] 'What happened to you, anyway?'

[break][break] Ollie wanted nothing more than to tell him the truth, but he knew that things were more complicated than that. And his meeting with was still fresh, like a wound just barely closed, and it played on repeat in his head. Again and again. She'd asked him to lie for her, for them, and no matter how complicated things were between them, Ollie hadn't been able to say no.

[break][break] "Oh, that —" Before he had a chance to come up with a believable lie, however, opportunity came in the way of a frigid memory. That masked grunt (), who'd been atop Mt. Pyre. Who'd followed him into the Ultra Deep Sea. His face went a bit pale.

[break][break] "I don't know their name but. We met before."

[break][break] Ollie frowned.

[break][break] "Tabs - he - we killed their Dragapult on Mt. Pyre." Guilt swarmed his face then, so much more than it would've been possible lying to his childhood friend. Ollie wasn't , but he just as much hated needless death as any other Morales. "I still - I feel horrible about it."

[break]
[break]

notes

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
HOUSE OF CARDS
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 3:24:07 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Caleb instantly felt terrible for bringing up something that obviously still plagued Ollie. He put a hand on the other man's shoulder, squeezed reassuringly. He knew guilt very well, perhaps better than most. He understood how it could wheedle its way into a person's heart, chew holes in it over time until it became structurally unsound, a permanent ache: a constant reminder of one's mistakes.[break][break]
"You didn't mean it," Caleb said firmly. "Self-defense isn't murder. These things happen during war, it's horrible but..." He shook his head. "Don't be so hard on yourself."[break][break]
Ironic, given Caleb's continued struggles with self-hate. How badly he wanted to take his own advice, and yet, when faced with all the horrors he'd committed, up to and including stabbing his own brother, it simply felt impossible. His sins were insurmountable.[break][break]
But this was about Ollie.[break][break]
"Ollie, I care about you a lot. You know that, right?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
HOUSE OF CARDS
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 14:46:38 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
-
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-blurb"] 'You didn't mean it.'

[break][break] Ollie knew that was right. He hadn't meant it, and he hadn't even noticed it was happening until it already had. He hadn't been the one to give the order himself either. But it still had never changed the way he had felt when it had all been over, of the pain he'd felt looking at someone like that Rocket grunt () knowing what had happened between them.

[break][break] But all in all, it was more reason that Ollie knew that the world was not always so black in white. It wasn't always just Rocket was bad and the League was good. There was a lot of nuance in-between.

[break][break] "I know," he said to his friend, lips twisted into a wry smile. "Thanks, Caleb."

[break][break] He blinks when tells him he cares, and his head tilts towards him.

[break][break] "Yeah. I do. Why?"

[break][break] Of course he cared. They were childhood friends. Ollie cared too.

[break]

notes

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
HOUSE OF CARDS
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 2:29:56 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Why? Caleb blinked. Well, he'd said it, hadn't he? Why had he said it?[break][break]
Most of the people who knew Caleb from Kanto were people he'd rather not encounter ever again, if he could help it: people he'd worked with, who'd seen first-hand the horrors he'd committed.[break][break]
And then, of course, there was Zev. The memory of his brother's blood on his hands returned swiftly to the forefront of Caleb's mind, and he had to hold back a grimace. That relationship was complex, and it had reached a dangerous tipping point, one that threatened to boil over, dissolving their tenuous truce.[break][break]
Ollie was different. He was one of the few people in Caleb's life - perhaps the only one in Hoenn - who knew him from before. Before Caleb had made a string of terrible mistakes. Before Caleb had become a killer. Before Rocket had taken over their home region. The memories Ollie and Caleb shared were happy ones. Caleb cherished them, and often wondered if he would ever feel truly deserving of them again.[break][break]
"It can be easy to believe we're undeserving of love," Caleb murmured. "When we do things we regret." He moved to take Ollie's hand in his own, then gave it a reassuring squeeze. "I guess I know a thing or two about that. Anyway," he smiled softly. "I'm glad you're here. In Hoenn, I mean. With me."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
HOUSE OF CARDS
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 2:02:54 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
-
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-blurb"] Ollie looked over at Caleb, a look of genuine confusion on his face.

[break][break] It felt that, despite the years that had really passed since they'd seen each other, no time had passed at all. When he realized that the other was part of the Hoenn Rangers force, Ollie had been ecstatic. He had been filled with joy to see his childhood friend again after all these years, in one piece too. Especially with the things that were going on in Kanto, you could never be so sure.

[break][break] He wondered if Caleb had changed at all in that time, from the idealistic younger boy that he'd known him as. After all, there are people who sometimes get sour as the years wear away. But Caleb was still Caleb, beneath it all, Ollie was sure.

[break][break] As their hands brushed, there was a flutter of something in Ollie's chest. He paid it no mind.

[break][break] "Of course you're deserving of love, Caleb!" His eyes were wide, full of disbelief. Leaning forward, his hand reached out to run it through the other's hair in a soft ruffle. "I'm glad I'm here too."

[break][break] He pulled back, lips twisted into a crooked grin.

[break][break] "I care about you too, Caleb."

[break]

notes

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
HOUSE OF CARDS
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 0:39:32 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Ollie's fingers in his hair was...nice. Caleb closed his eyes for a brief moment, enjoying the comforting feel of them. Something dangerously close to yearning churned within him, and he felt the sudden urge to lean in and...kiss Ollie?[break][break]
A memory as vivid as if it had happened yesterday: two boys, laughing together, leaning in close, their grins inches from each other, and then, lips colliding as if it were an inevitability, meant to be, important and right and -[break][break]
Caleb's eyes snapped open and he pulled back, swallowing the lump that had formed in his throat.[break][break]
"Thanks," he replied, gazing at Ollie with a sudden intensity. He quickly plastered another encouraging smile onto his face, however, suppressing the feelings that had risen to the surface, a sunken ship beneath a tumultuous ocean, discovered by chance.[break][break]
He never actually wanted you that way, a voice hissed in the back of his mind.[break][break]
"So, is there anything I can do for you? While you're stuck in here?" Caleb waved his hand around at the sterile hospital room. "Some snacks? Some comics? Whatever you need, you name it."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
HOUSE OF CARDS
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 6:58:19 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
-
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-blurb"] Thanks.

[break][break] The words had left his mouth without really thinking about it, but suddenly, Caleb was looking at him. The intensity of the other's gaze sent a bolt of heat lacing down his stomach, even though he wasn't quite sure why.

[break][break] But the moment lasted but a second. Then, Caleb was smiling back at him and Ollie retracted his hand from the other's scalp, watching the other with a warmth that was only natural.

[break][break] "Tell me a fun story?" he laughed lightly. "It's stupid boring in here, 'Leb."

[break][break] "Or tell me something that's going on in your life.

[break][break] "Distract me."

[break][break]

notes

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
HOUSE OF CARDS
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 15:27:14 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

As soon as Ollie's hand was gone, Caleb felt a pang of longing, scalp tingling where his hair had been ruffled. He tried not to let the yearning for Ollie to continue touching him show on his face, however.[break][break]
"A fun story?" Caleb echoed. Everything going on in his life lately had been...well, "fun" wasn't the word he would use, exactly. But then the toothy grin and mischievous eyes of surfaced unbidden in Caleb's mind, as if the pilot could somehow read the Ranger's thoughts from wherever he happened to be. Caleb's mouth turned up at the corners in response.[break][break]
"Well, so, I've been going on some adventures lately," Caleb told Ollie. "I met this guy Angelo who runs an expedition company called Nautica. Maybe you've heard of him?" Ollie was a Head Ranger and had far more connections within the League than Caleb did. "He actually uh, saved my life in the Ultra Deep Sea."[break][break]
It was more nuanced than that. Angelo had stumbled upon the broken husk of a man who had just stabbed his own brother out of desperation and, due to a pent-up decade's long festering anger, had summoned one of the worst memories of his life via the dream mist. But Ollie had wanted fun not tragic, and so Caleb kept those details to himself.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
HOUSE OF CARDS
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 6:53:33 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
-
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-blurb"] "Angelo? Sounds familiar."

[break][break] Ollie wasn't good with names and faces, but if he was, he would've recognized the pilot for what he was. It had been nice trapezing off the side of the mountain with him.

[break][break] His lip curved into a mischevious smile.

[break][break] "Aw, Caleb, do you have a crush?" he teased, only to blink at the revelation that the other ranger dropped like an anchor in his chest.

[break][break] "Wait."

[break][break] "Saved your life? What do you mean?"

[break]

notes

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
HOUSE OF CARDS
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 15:20:56 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Crush? Caleb blushed, feeling suddenly self-conscious. Had he been gushing that much? Something twinged in his chest, a pulling sensation that didn't feel particularly great - though he couldn't pinpoint exactly why.[break][break]
He didn't want Ollie to get the wrong idea, he realized. But what would it matter if he did have a crush? It's not like Ollie would judge him. Well, it wasn't as if Angelo was available anyway: the man was married, and deeply committed to his wife.[break][break]
Ollie's expression shifted to one of shock and concern as Caleb touched on his experience in the Ultra Deep Sea. He flashed the Head Ranger a wry smile.[break][break]
"Got trapped in the dream mist. Was forced to re-live some pretty...horrible memories. I'd have just...died there, or something, if Angelo hadn't come along."[break][break]
He looked away, then, a pang of guilt for withholding the whole truth from Ollie. The part about Zev.[break][break]
"I'm fine, though. You're the one who needs to rest and recover."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
HOUSE OF CARDS
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 7:03:52 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
-
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-blurb"] "Ugh," he grimaced. "The dream mist."

[break][break] The experience hadn't been pleasant for Ollie either. He almost had a mind to tell Caleb all about it, but then realized that he wasn't sure if he should be divulging all of that now. Not when everything was so fresh. Not when Caleb had just said his life had needed to be saved.

[break][break] "I guess I really have to thank him then, huh?" Ollie's lips spread into a smile — bruised as he was, he could always manage to muster up a smile for his childhood friend. "For saving you."

[break][break] "I don't know what I'd ever do without you, Caleb."

[break][break] There's a moment of quiet, of seriousness, before Ollie breaks it with a laugh.

[break][break] "Okay, okay. Well, if you're so determined to help me rest and recover... play a game of cards with me. I've been bored out of my mind trying to play all by myself."

[break][break] He slides a pack of cards towards the brunette. It was banged up and beaten, the same pack of cards that he and used to always use on their stake-out missions.

[break][break] "Winner buys lunch."

[break]

notes