March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Map the Wastes [M][C/Wren]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 23:24:09 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Beneath her Flygon-themed, red-and-green SYGNA SUIT, every hair on Shalin's body stood on end. She felt the heat of the SYNC STONE within her suit, a sign that she was starting to at last test its limits, rather than the suit and the Flygon testing her own limits. Even so, she was ready for one more run before she got to work on her assignment of mapping and surveying an uncharted badlands north of Mount Chimney. It was dangerous work, being right in the middle of a valley with lots of difficult terrain and that was prone to ashfall.

"Alright, Sandy, lift me up one more time!" Shalin requested of her Flygon, the insectile dragon spreading her wings. When she felt her legs leave the ground after one of them lifted her up, she let herself slide down to the perfect position to make sure all four of her limbs could grab the wing enough for her to hold on. To come was the wild child's first BUG BUZZ run on a Pokémon whose wings could shriek. Her skin tingled in anticipation of the wing beneath her beating at maddening rates. She had her Alolan Ninetales on standby just in case of an accident.

When the dragon's wing started chirping, several of her senses would be rapidly suppressed.

{WC: 219}
{PC: 1}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Serena         Persian         Good
Sandy          Flygon          Good
Lathiel        Type: Null      Good
Letheia        A!Ninetales     Good
Kiku           Skuntank        Good
Keimi          Greninja        Good
close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
botanist / petalburg capt.
ranger captain
you sigh look away, i can see it clear as day. close your eyes so afraid, hide behind that baby face
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 17:22:44 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[attr="class","sam-banner-up"]
[attr="class","sam-banner-up-mini-top"]
[attr="class","sam-banner-up-mini-top-cred"]x
-
[attr="class","sam-banner-up-blurb"]As much as Wren loved being back in his hometown, the offer to travel out of Petalburg’s limits, and assist Shalin in mapping a new area sounded nice. It was a dose of adventure that the young captain felt like he was in dire need of. While he still oversaw many tasks out of doors, there was also a fair portion of his days allotted to things like paperwork, and delegating different duties to his squad, rather than taking them on himself. While that was part of the job, of course, the young captain was eager to assist in a more natural landscape rather than spending his afternoon in his office.

Per usual, Wren was unfazed to approach their designated meet up space and find Shalin in concentrated practice. While he’d enjoyed riding Flit back on their first trip to the silent icelands months ago, he couldn’t imagine hanging out on a flygon’s wing the way she so confidently managed. Beside him, his psyduck honked at the sight–arms lifting to press against his forehead. It seemed the wild movement and choice to subject herself willingly to those vibrations left the lil guy in a tizzy. Clearly Winston would not be one to ride a flygon.

Wren laughed, crouching down to console the silly psyduck as he waited for her test run to finish up.
[attr="class","sam-banner-up-icon"]
[attr="class","sam-banner-up-title"]commitment act ii
so meet me where the lights dim
[attr="class","sam-banner-up-bounce"]
[newclass=.sam-banner-up]margin: 0 auto;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;padding:29px;border:solid 1px #232323;width:375px;color: #aeaeae; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up b]color: #e0a8a8; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up i]color: #808080; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 11px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #e0a8a8;text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-bounce]position:absolute;height:60px;width:60px;border:solid 1px #232323;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #7b6678, #e0a8a8);color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px 0px 5px 0px;margin: -32px 0px 0px 343px; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-bounce img]margin: 0 auto; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-icon]height:35px;width:35px;border-radius:100%;float:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-icon img]height:35px;width:35px;border-radius:100%;margin-top: 15px;margin-left: 5px; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-title]width:300px;font:bold 20px Roboto;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:-1px;padding:4px 0px 0px 55px;color:#eeeeee;margin-top: 15px; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-title div]text-transform:uppercase;font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans!important;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:.25px;padding-top: 6px;color:#aaaaaa; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-title div i::before]display:block;font-size:7px;color:#85ccca;padding-right:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-blurb]display:flex;justify-content:space-between;padding: 20px;[/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-blurb span] display:block;text-align: justify;font:12px Roboto;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top] border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;padding:10px;background-color:#272727;font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;height:10px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;margin:-29px -29px 25px -29px; [/newclass][newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top a]margin-top:-3px;[/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top div]float:right;margin:-2px -2px -2px 5px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:100%;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;cursor:pointer;border:solid 1px #232323; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top i]color:#e0a8a8;float:left;margin-right:5px;[/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans!important;text-transform:uppercase;text-decoration: none;[/newclass][newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top-cred]float:right;margin:-2px -2px -2px 5px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:100%;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;cursor:pointer;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top-cred a]font-size:8px!important;line-height:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass][newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top span]position: absolute; width: 300px; margin-top: -1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2023 8:01:16 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
With the wild child's command, Shalin and both the Flygon's wings disappeared into nearly invisible streaks of green light. It didn't take long for a scream to leave her mouth, though Wren may not have been able to hear it without keen senses. The buzzing was loud, powerful, and fast. Even Sandy's body was visibly shaking from how much power was behind beating her wings at the incomprehensible speeds they were traveling at. With seconds of her scream, the Flygon relaxed her wings, showing the Ranger's flush face. She could feel the heat of her SYNC STONE that had just finished radiating INFINITY ENERGY at dangerous densities.

"Whoa! That's... intense," she exhaled, even her suit offering limited protection against the otherwise-deadly motion. When the girl's senses returned, the first thing she saw was Wren, the person she was waiting for. "Oh, there you are!" she greeted the Petalburg Captain. "I have a long ways to go to make full use of my suit, that's for sure! By the way, thanks for taking on my promotional. So all we have to do is survey and compile a report about a badlands in the Mount Chimney area, right?" Once her entire body wasn't tingling like mad, she slid off her Flygon's wing, the dragon crouching and letting her get in the saddle proper. Like a normal person would.

{WC: 226}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
you sigh look away, i can see it clear as day. close your eyes so afraid, hide behind that baby face
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 17:25:32 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
-
[attr="class","sam-banner-up-blurb"] Honestly, Wren couldn’t fathom how Shalin managed to tolerate the vibration of her flygon’s wings. With or without the sygna suit aiding her. Still, though, it was definitely a sight to see–all blurred light and buzzing noise.

“You good up there?” he called out, the edge of laughter mingling with his question. Even with a suit on, she seemed slightly winded from the practice. He waved back to her, “Seems like you’re not letting any time go to waste, though! That’s for sure!” Nothing wrong with practice, naturally. Especially with something as intensive as her work with the sygna suit seemed to be. “No problem! I needed to get out on a trip and stretch my legs a bit, y’know?”

He usually stuck to land mounts, but today he had at least one flying-type in his roster. In a flash of light, his skarmory flew free of his pokeball before thudding heavily to the ground for Wren to climb up into the saddle. First, he stooped to scoop up his psyduck, and then plopped the water-type into his backpack. His wide bill poked out under the top flap. “That sounds right, though! You been out here much before now?” Admittedly, the Mount Chimney area wasn’t as much his area of expertise.
[newclass=.sam-banner-up]margin: 0 auto;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;padding:29px;border:solid 1px #232323;width:375px;color: #aeaeae; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up b]color: #e0a8a8; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up i]color: #808080; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 11px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #e0a8a8;text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-bounce]position:absolute;height:60px;width:60px;border:solid 1px #232323;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #7b6678, #e0a8a8);color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px 0px 5px 0px;margin: -32px 0px 0px 343px; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-bounce img]margin: 0 auto; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-icon]height:35px;width:35px;border-radius:100%;float:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-icon img]height:35px;width:35px;border-radius:100%;margin-top: 15px;margin-left: 5px; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-title]width:300px;font:bold 20px Roboto;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:-1px;padding:4px 0px 0px 55px;color:#eeeeee;margin-top: 15px; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-title div]text-transform:uppercase;font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans!important;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:.25px;padding-top: 6px;color:#aaaaaa; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-title div i::before]display:block;font-size:7px;color:#85ccca;padding-right:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-blurb]display:flex;justify-content:space-between;padding: 20px;[/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-blurb span] display:block;text-align: justify;font:12px Roboto;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top] border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;padding:10px;background-color:#272727;font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;height:10px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;margin:-29px -29px 25px -29px; [/newclass][newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top a]margin-top:-3px;[/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top div]float:right;margin:-2px -2px -2px 5px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:100%;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;cursor:pointer;border:solid 1px #232323; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top i]color:#e0a8a8;float:left;margin-right:5px;[/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans!important;text-transform:uppercase;text-decoration: none;[/newclass][newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top-cred]float:right;margin:-2px -2px -2px 5px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:100%;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;cursor:pointer;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top-cred a]font-size:8px!important;line-height:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass][newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top span]position: absolute; width: 300px; margin-top: -1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 7:17:04 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"I am!" Shalin answered, still a little dizzy even after getting seated on her dragon like any other person would. "The Bug Buzz is just a lot faster than I thought it would be." She briefly chirped her wings at the same rate she just rocked Shalin at. Even from the Flygon's saddle and with her suit on, she could still feel the vibration. The ground-type sure had a lot of power behind her! "As rough as it is, it's a lot of fun! I just wish I could share it with more people! Sadly, you gotta have a Sygna Suit to even have a hope at holding on." What an understatement that was. Without the protection of such an extravagant suit, she would have been reduced to slush.

They had work to do, though. "Love the Skarmory! I've never had the chance to fly on one myself," she admitted. She had been on so many different Pokémon, and yet had never flown on the metal bird before. They weren't exactly rare species, but they weren't common, either. They were also temperamental as sin, making them mounts for only skilled trainers. "Been out here a few times, mostly when I retrieved the Thermal Medallion from Death Crater. Wow, has it already been five months?" She shook her head. "That's in the opposite direction, though. I haven't been to this badlands myself, but the Pokémon there have to be pretty hardy to live there. Might run into some aggressive ones out there. I'm sure you don't need a reminder, but staying sharp is important."

{WC: 265}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 14:48:48 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
-
[attr="class","sam-banner-up-blurb"]It was almost a little dizzying just watching Shalin at it. “You’re way more experimental than I could ever be,” he remarked with a short laugh. It seemed like whenever he encountered the other ranger, she was testing some limit or duration of capacity. Wren could barely handle more than one roller coaster at a theme park in a row—how in the world did she manage, sygna suit or not?

Soon enough, though, they were turning to the task at hand.

“Thanks!” His hand stretched ahead of him to give the skarmory a pat on its long, plated neck. “I don’t have many flying companions—I should really go on the hunt for more. But this one’s never given me an issue or need to go looking!” The skarmory was a sturdy companion, durable and steady in the air. A good thing for Wren, who was more accustomed to riding mounts from the safety of the ground. “Kinda unexpectedly calm for a skarmory.” Their snapping bites were no joke. His eyes scanned the expanse around them. It certainly didn’t look ideal for living, so she must’ve been right about that. “Yeah, still good to keep in mind!” he chirped back. “Even if things look calm on the surface, there’s no guarantee it’ll stay that way.”

Situated in the saddle, he looked over at Shalin. “No time like the present, then!” That said he was prompting his skarmory to kick off, and they lifted into the air, twisting in the direction she had indicated going. “We should look for some good landmarks, yes?”
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 2:14:48 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin giggled; experimental was definitely a word for it. Even when she wasn't trying to ride her Flygon's fiercely-vibrating wings, her choice of ride Pokémon was exotic, to say the least. When a Ninetales was considered "tame" by her standards, that was an indicator of just how wild the green-ette was. As chaotic as the shaking was from astride the wing, it was relaxing from Sandy's saddle... almost like a lower body massage.

The wings' hum filled the otherwise silent air, their wake blowing a fine layer of dust into the air and casting a haze over their immediate vicinity. "Indeed - that's a cartographer's best practice!" Of course, they were also there to survey the wildlife. Early observations revealed an odd ecosystem, featuring Pokémon normally home to marshlands as well as Pokémon home to the mountains.

Shalin's eyes shifted toward not a landmark, but a geographic feature. To their northwest was an entire grove of shriveled trees covered in dust. Tumbleweeds blew among them as though the place was a pure desert. "Such a strange convergence of biomes. I bet only the toughest Pokémon can live out here." As she commanded a sweeping turn, she felt her Flygon's wings churning very hot air around her. Normally not one to sweat unless she was at the arcade, Shalin was starting to become drenched. "You okay, Wren? You feel this heat? Even Hoenn's Great Desert doesn't get this hot." While the heat wasn't unbearable yet, it was inching ever closer to that threshold...

{WC: 255}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 14:17:55 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
-
[attr="class","sam-banner-up-blurb"]As they fell into their work, Wren found the place strange. A weird mingling of pokemon from different habitats littered the area. He made note of it all, jotting those findings into a datapad he’d carried along with him. “You definitely don’t see that everyday,” he replied as they circumnavigated the apparent wasteland in a wide arc. “What d’you reckon caused it?”

The longer they flew the hotter the air seemed to swelter. He noticed it before Shalin actually said something. The heat clung to his clothes, sinking into his skin in a way that felt damp and uncomfortable. So too did the metallic body of the skarmory heat, forcing Wren to avoid touching the long slope of its neck—even with gloved hands. “I’m good,” he called back regardless, but there was a wince in his smile. “This is something else, though…”

Sweat-licked hair hung in his face, and Wren pushed a hand through it to force it out of his face. His smile shifted into a small frown as he tried to scan for the source. “Do you think it’s coming from those biomes you pointed out?” It certainly seemed to be the case, growing hotter and more arid the closer they drew—even from the air.
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 6:37:13 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The closer the duo got to the uncharted wasteland below, the more unbearable the heat became. "That's why we're here, isn't it? To investigate and gather data?" Shalin replied, perspiration continuing to build beneath her suit. "Those kinds of questions are best answered by macrobiologists. This kind of hostility reeks of the divine, though," she speculated.

Wren continued to ask questions Shalin didn't have the answers to. Even if she did, she was growing dizzy from the environment, heat stroke setting in. Recalling what Pokémon were in her Poké Balls, she pulled up on her Flygon to ascend. "Wren... I don't think we're prepared for this task at all," she frowned. "It's up to you since you're the commanding Ranger, but I think we should turn back and bring a set of Pokémon that can deal with the heat better... and help us beat the heat, too."

{WC: 149}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 19:54:10 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
-
[attr="class","sam-banner-up-blurb"] “Fair point. Maybe we should’ve enlisted the help of one today..” he mused aloud, more to himself. He made a mental note of it. If they took stock of everything, maybe someone from the league’s science division would be better prepared to come along on a later visit.

Wren frowned, watching as Shalin seemed to grow more burdened from the swelter. He was sure that he probably looked just as worse off. It was a cloying, oppressive sort of heat that made breathing progressively more difficult. Already, he felt like he couldn’t wait to get back to a closed, indoor room with a functional AC unit. Yikes.

“You okay?” he asked regardless, brows knit in obvious concern for his companion. Even then, though, his head was nodding in agreement. “I think you’re right. I don’t know what I was expecting, but it definitely wasn’t this.” He defaulted to her judgment, even if he was the commanding officer. As they wheeled around to make their way back, he managed to crack a grin, “Good discernment, by the way! Shows good leadership—that’ll take you far. I’m sure of it!”

But for now, getting somewhere cooler so that they could regroup was the chief priority!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 23:01:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: