saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,030 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE FOUND
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 8:12:33 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

ONE MONTH[break][break]

the first month proves to be the most difficult for hope still resides. it burns as bright as the beacon of magenta that shoots into the sky, ever-present and unwilling to dwindle.[break][break]

but it is from the same hope that comes the pain of loss and failure.[break][break]

returning from an expedition, matias navigates through the town, avoiding most of the peasantry, before finding ROYALTY.[break][break]

"i found fuck all."[break][break]

he sighs, frustrated as he tosses his backpack on the ground.[break][break]

"fuck!"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
PARADISE FOUND
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 8:25:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
unlike most people, kyle has given up hope on finding a way out after a few days.the trope was so prevalent in a lot of media that he already has an idea of what fate awaits them.

there's also too little time for him between trying to set up the city back to its former glory and the usual experiments he's ran back home.

he looks up from his desk as he finds matias returning from his trip and heading straight to his office. piles of paper were neatly stacked on the side, many of which were documentation of city ordinances.

"i told you, matias. we have no other clue besides whatever we already have." he sighs as he drops his pen, leaning back to his chair to engage. "we've already tried everything. there's no point but to adjust."

give up, he'd like to say, but that was reserved for people like him who was weak enough not to defy fate for as long as matias did.

"how long are you going to intend on doing this?"

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,030 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE FOUND
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 9:15:28 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

as long as it takes, even if it kills him.[break][break]

"what is there to adjust to? life here? what life, kyle? we're strangers surrounded by imbeciles who can't even defend their own town."[break][break]

his frustrations get the better of him.[break][break]

"there has to be a way out. there just has to be."[break][break]

but even the presence in his head has not said anything to confirm as much. it has been awfully quiet, actually.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
PARADISE FOUND
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 16:13:55 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
in the same calm way their commissioner used to sigh, so does kyle.

"if there was, we'd already have found it."

he stands up and walks around the table, sitting at the edge as he takes out a pokeball. gently, he places it on the surface of the desk on top of the pile of paper.

"that's smeargle. spatial rend. it showed space that suggested that this is an isolated dimension. you've been at the borders. we're in something similar to that."

he takes out another and places it beside it.

"solgaleo. the wormholes lead to nowhere."

kyle leans back, his head thrown back as he stares into the ceiling.

"we got shortcuts, and even with them, we couldn't get any answers. the prophecy was our only lead and even that failed." he whips his head back upright. "draft a request form for another trip. try to add something relevant during your last expedition and how having me there could probably change something."

he faces him with a smile and a promise of hope. kyle's eccentric way of wording things suggest an order, but anyone who knows how his brain ticks would get his objective right away.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,030 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE FOUND
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 8:20:47 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

somehow, kyle's calm rationale seems to quell the aggression behind matias', and after a similar sigh, he begins to calm.[break][break]

but this is not uncommon. time and time again, kyle has proven to be the anchor that tethers matias to reality; to sanity, even, as he recounts the days even before his house arrest.[break][break]

"thanks."[break][break]

he approaches, nearing.[break][break]

"i don't think i've ever said it, but i really do appreciate you, kyle."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
PARADISE FOUND
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 8:35:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he's heard him say these words of affirmation before. people who he has wronged have too. whether history will repeat itself or not was the question.

until then, he takes his words at face value despite being aware of it.

"what can i say? i'm a gift to everyone, as hammerlocke's people call me."

the peasants who crowned him king. the same ones that put him in a position of power, and at the same time, a bearer of the responsibility that came with it.

"i still have to finish these up, and then i can talk about zev about that request. come on, go rest. the sooner we have that done, the better."

they're just going to tire themselves and get nothing, kyle thinks. intuition dictates it's useless, but he supposed as long as it eases matias down, it's good enough.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,030 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE FOUND
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2023 7:53:18 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the correction comes quickly, snapped out as harshly as a whip only to be reined in right after.[break][break]

"no, not everyone."[break][break]

he clicks his tongue, sighing only to realize that if his words aren't enough, then maybe his actions will be.[break][break]

"you're a gift to me, kyle."[break][break]

his hand reaches out for kyle's.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
PARADISE FOUND
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2023 9:03:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle seizes up.

smooth. he knows his way with flattering words, elegant but straight to the point. kyle understands now how he kept getting relationships, and how they backfire since he really does throw it out without thinking.

"matias, do you know what you're doing?" he asks.

kyle shows no hostility in his voice, but an interrogative tone is present nonetheless. their hands touch, but even he cannot pull it away. it's them against the world, and kyle can't afford letting go.

"this isn't something you do if you're still pining for a chance to get home."

it's only been a month, and not enough time for kyle to forget.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,030 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE FOUND
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2023 10:31:30 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

a small shrug follows.[break][break]

"it's like you said. if there was a way home, we'd already have found it."[break][break]

his voice softens even more as his thumb brushes against the back of kyle's.[break][break]

"we have to move on, don't we?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
PARADISE FOUND
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2023 10:42:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he doesn't flinch, but his eyes kept hold of matias' stare.

"yeah, but we also don't rush things."

he holds up his hand, showing matias a simple silver accessory around his ring finger. it's benign of flashiness but it's symbolic enough to tell everyone what it meant.

"you've been in this situation before. you know the guilt that comes with it."

matias' reaction is genuine, kyle tells himself. it's impulsive, reckless and self-destructive, a complete opposite of how kyle tackles things, but genuine. he can tell. he's always been watching.

"i'll move on eventually. you would too, probably. no offense, but you've always been easily tempted with things before."

a small chuckle escapes as his head tilts up to the ceiling.

"you should do this whole spiel again next time. maybe my opinion will change and yours won't."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,030 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE FOUND
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2023 4:06:24 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the simple silver accessory kyle adorns is familiar even if he never had the pleasure of wearing one himself. a pang of guilt is all it takes for him to nod, conceding for now.[break][break]

"i won't move on from you, if that's what you're referring to, but you're right. let's not rush this."[break][break]

after another gentle caress, his hand falls back down to his side.[break][break]

"i'll treat you right. i'll be good to you, that much i promise you."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
PARADISE FOUND
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2023 5:33:52 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
naturally pragmatic and pessimistic, his head tells him that matias' patterns suggest that wouldn't be the case. he'll move on before he's ready, he reminds himself, and that it'll be fine.

then again, he is the volatile. he is unpredictable in the worst sense, but kyle remained bound to him regardless of what he had done.

"you don't need to promise anything," kyle tells matias. "you should know they're not easy to keep."

his lips curve upwards to a smirk as the tease leaves his mouth. it's a distasteful joke that comes at matias' expense, but a joke to break the tension of the situation nonetheless.

this was one of the ways kyle shows his trust: unabashed words of jest that would normally send an unfamiliar person in a frenzy. he knows matias knows. they're already bonded together after all.

"i still need you to write down that request though. i could use a time out of the office."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,030 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE FOUND
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2023 8:05:17 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

of promises, he knows better than anyone else their power, the bond that comes from them, and just how fickle they can be.[break][break]

"i know."[break][break]

but for kyle, he knows this is one he will keep.[break][break]

[break]

the straps that hold his armor together untighten, causing the rest of it to fall to the ground almost lazily as he steps deeper into the king's chambers.[break][break]

"still no sign of the poison. we should be in the clear for a while."[break][break]

he breathes a sigh of relief before realizing he's the only one in the room.[break][break]

"kyle?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
PARADISE FOUND
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2023 11:41:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle steps out of the showers, garbed with just his robe. he gets back to his room just after matias.

"hey, you're back!"

his expression shows joy at matias' return. no other words were exchanged, but gestures was always the language he used to convey care regardless of how much kyle has spruced up on his charisma stat.

kyle greets him with a playful toss of a towel. still wet from drying his hair, it hits matias' face a bit harder than kyle has intended it to be.

"do you want to take a bath while you're here? the water's still warm since i just came out."

they had a bathhouse in town for warm baths, but the one in the castle was always going to be more luxurious.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,030 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE FOUND
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 17:09:47 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"yes, i'm back."[break][break]

kyle's joy is infectious. it takes very little for matias to show the same, especially in the privacy of their own space. his smile reflects the same vibrancy and joy that he keeps reserved only for his king.[break][break]

his smile lingers even after the towel smacks his face. he chuckles, reaching up to catch it before it falls to the floor.[break][break]

the sight that greets him is one he's desired. it leaves him slightly flustered.[break][break]

"n—no, i think i'm fine. unless you think i should?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]