Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,474 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Reflection (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 17:42:45 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

In the middle of the fields of Duvet Ranch, Thomas sat down, leaning against his Arcanine. The large canine was curled up around his master, whining happily as a human hand ran though the fur on his head.

A pair of Audino rushed up to join the two, one carrying an Eevee in her arms, while the other one carried a Pikachu in his. Thomas stretched out his arms to hug the two Audino, and their little friends, as they got close. The battered man smiled warmly as he hugged the four of them, with the Pikachu and Eevee climbing up onto his shoulders, while the two Audino hugged him as tightly as their stubby little arms would allow.

A Stufful would climb up on top of the Arcanine, before settling on top of his head, sprawling out with her limbs dangling. The Arcanine's tail wagged back and fourth excitedly, clearly happy to be in the company of not only his master, but the little friends that came to greet them.

Upon hearing a new set of human footsteps on the Ranch grounds, the two Audino perked up. The male Audino, Pulse, broke off from Thomas, rushing off in the direction of the footsteps. The fluffy Audino, with longer hair, was among the more outgoing members of the horde, as their new guest would soon discover.

tags:
notes: Mission Start - Zero to One Hundred

close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Lilah; Ceres
She/her/hers
August 1st
Saffron
Heterosexual
Celebrity
Civilian
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
Beauty is power; a smile is its sword
awards
102 posts
part of
TAG WITH @delilah
Delilah Silph
Reflection (Mission)
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2023 0:49:55 GMT
Delilah Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cerestest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

As she approached the ranch, Delilah was greeted, unsurprisingly, by an Audino. A rather large, especially fluffy Audino. The sight of him caused the idol to smile fondly, and she crouched down to scratch behind his ears. His fur was soft and silky, as if recently brushed. The Musharna that floated next to her bobbed up and down in greeting.[break][break]
"Is your master around?" She asked.[break][break]
As it turned out, he was. The Audino led her right to him, and she couldn't help but laugh as she saw surrounded by various Pokémon.[break][break]
"Is this where you've been hiding, Thomas?" She quipped, tone amused: the sort of playful teasing reserved for old friends.[break][break]
A small pang of guilt. She'd meant to visit him much sooner, but, well...things had been so busy lately. Hoenn seemed to be facing one disaster after the next, not to mention all of the routine things a celebrity such as herself had to take care of day by day. Meetings, appointments, photoshoots, recordings...it was nice to get away for a time, visit somewhere serene like the ranch.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Zero to Hundred (June 2023)[break]
Outfit Inspiration

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.cerestest2]--accent:#c67be8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cerestest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,474 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Reflection (Mission)
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 6:07:29 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The Audino giggled as the woman scratched behind his ears. He would attempt to feel her heartbeat for a moment. If successful, he'd then attempt to give her a hug.

When asked about Thomas, the Audino nodded, and offered to lead her to where the Kalosian was.

Upon seeing the woman, four of the Pokemon began to examine her. Rufus, immediately recognizing her scent, would give the Stufful a moment to move onto Thomas, before getting up, and moving towards her.

"I suppose you could say that. You looking for a place to hide?", Thomas jokingly asked her.

Despite the fact that they met when he was but a Growlithe, Rufus still remembered the day they met. As she would quickly find, the Fire-type was the same friendly puppy-like Pokemon as ever. Rufus would gently nudge Delilah affectionately, his tail wagging back and fourth excitedly.

"Rufus sure missed you.", Thomas remarked with a chuckle, as he hugged the Stufful.

tags:
notes: Rufus remembers Delilah

close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Lilah; Ceres
She/her/hers
August 1st
Saffron
Heterosexual
Celebrity
Civilian
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
102 posts
part of
TAG WITH @delilah
Delilah Silph
Reflection (Mission)
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 0:58:41 GMT
Delilah Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Of course Delilah remembered Rufus. How he'd grown! He was a rather massive Arcanine now, but no less friendly than when he'd been a Growlithe pup. She was happy enough to give him several ear scratches and more than a few pets. She didn't even mind when he licked her face affectionately.[break][break]
"I've never really been the hiding sort," she answered, tone still light. "Always in the public eye, more than ever these days." She paused, regarding Thomas. Her expression sobered, and she tried to get a sense of his current mood. There was an unspoken tension in the air despite the relaxing nature of their surroundings.[break][break]
Delilah shifted, smoothing her skirt, then folded her legs neatly beneath her and took a seat next to her old friend. Mitra floated over to the Stufful and touched noses with it in greeting.[break][break]
"How are you, Thomas?" She asked gently.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit Inspiration

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.cerestest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cerestest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,474 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Reflection (Mission)
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 1:29:16 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The Arcanine ate up the scratches and pets the Silph gave him, licking her affectionately in turn.

"I don't know how you do it, to be honest.", he'd remark. A funny remark, coming from a former member of the Elite Four, known for his philanthropic efforts, following his resignation from the International Police.

As she sat next to him, and the Musharna went over to greet the Stufful, the Arcanine went back to laying down behind them. If they wanted to lean back, he was close enough to be leaned on, as Thomas had been earlier. The Stufful nuzzled the Musharna eagerly, clearly being a more friendly Stufful than the species was reputed to be.

Pulse would go back to snuggling up to Thomas. Meanwhile, the Eevee and Pikachu duo would hop off of Thomas, and go over to examine the Silph sibling. If she could tell the difference from their tails, she could tell the Eevee was a male, while the Pikachu was a female. The female Audino, with a normal coat of fur, was noticeably shyer than the others, sticking to Thomas' side.

"Been better, could be worse though.", he'd answer the idol. A dry chuckle would be followed with him sucking in air between his teeth.

If she were to look closely, she could tell that he clearly took a beating fairly recently. Bruises on his face and arms were visible, with even more hidden beneath his clothing. A consequence of his latest stunt, the infiltration and assault of the Sootopolis Jail.

"How have you been holding up though? Been enjoying our little slice of hell?", he'd inquire.

tags:
notes: Gene and Jeryn check out their new guest

close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Lilah; Ceres
She/her/hers
August 1st
Saffron
Heterosexual
Celebrity
Civilian
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
102 posts
part of
TAG WITH @delilah
Delilah Silph
Reflection (Mission)
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 14:56:39 GMT
Delilah Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Delilah reached out a hand to pat the Pikachu on the head, then did the same for the Eevee. The two gazed at her with curious expressions, and she smiled, remembering she had some Poke-treats in her purse. Rummaging inside, she pulled out the small tin, popped it open, then offered a tasty morsel to both the Pikachu and the Eevee. Maybe the shy Audino could be coaxed over with the same sort of offering, she realized, glancing at her. Meanwhile, Mitra and the Stufful seemed to be getting along swimmingly.[break][break]
Thomas's wry tone caught her attention, and she raised an eyebrow at him.[break][break]
"I suppose it's been quite an eventful return to Hoenn," she remarked of her recent arrival. "I've been curious about those rifts that opened up, actually. I may try and visit one, if I get the chance." She knew they were probably dangerous, but she wasn't afraid. If anything, she wanted to prove herself more useful than just a pretty face preferred for advertisements and photo-shoots.[break][break]
After a moment, her brow furrowed, as she took in his battered state.[break][break]
"Thomas, did you get into some sort of fight recently?"[break][break]
It wouldn't surprise her, if he had; she remembered what he'd been like in their youth, and she doubted he'd changed too much. All the same, it worried her.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit Inspiration

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,474 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Reflection (Mission)
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 21:15:23 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Both the Pikachu and Eevee nuzzled into her hand, as she patted them. As they were offered treats, the two gladly took them. Bunni glanced back at Delilah, wanting to join the others in greeting her. A reassuring look from Thomas gave her the courage to greet the woman, letting out a soft little cry as she greeted her.

"Bunni's a little bit shy. But once she warms up to you, she's a total sweetheart.", he'd tell the idol.

When she brought up exploring the rifts, Thomas' expression turned serious. "Not gonna stop you, but all I can say is bring some good backup.", he'd tell her.

Delilah's concern was met with a chuckle, followed by the pained suction of air through clenched teeth.

"You could say that.", Thomas began. "Ended up joining in the effort to save Councilwoman Anderson from Rocket's clutches. Got the 'honor' of being the distraction. That entailed being handed over to them, in chains, getting beaten, and thrown in a cell. Of course, they couldn't hold me for very long, and after getting loose, I - went on a tear through the place. Even left those bastards an - appreciative message.", Thomas would explain to her.

It was clear he took pride in the damage he did.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Lilah; Ceres
She/her/hers
August 1st
Saffron
Heterosexual
Celebrity
Civilian
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
102 posts
part of
TAG WITH @delilah
Delilah Silph
Reflection (Mission)
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 16:46:06 GMT
Delilah Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Delilah was delighted when the shiny Audino finally worked up the courage to amble over. She held out a treat with gentle hands.[break][break]
"I'm glad she trusts me," she replied. Slowly but surely, Bunni settled in with the others clustered around Delilah.[break][break]
She appreciated Thomas's support - so many men in her life, including her own brothers, seemed intent on getting in her way, displeased with her interest in Hoenn's various anomalies. His advice was heeded, however: she knew the rifts were dangerous. She'd be a fool to tackle them alone. Who she would take with her...well, she'd deal with that when the time came. First, she had to secure access.[break][break]
His next statements shocked her, and she nearly dropped all of the treats on the ground as she jerked around to stare at him, eyes widening. "Captured? By Rocket?" What a horrific thing to have happened to her friend. "Thomas..." A million different gruesome possibilities flashed through her mind; she pushed them away, willing herself to focus on the present, the fact that he was still whole. No wonder he looked so...weary. "That's...I'm so sorry."[break][break]
She could hear the pride in his voice as he reassured her of his revenge. She wasn't entirely sure what to think of that, but it certainly sounded like something he would do.[break][break]
"You always did hate bullies," she murmured, smiling a little, remembering how they had met in their youth.[break][break]
She fell into an uncomfortable silence, until something occurred to her. "Is the League...compensating you for damages done? You helped rescue a Councilwoman and suffered greatly for it. They ought to..." What? She bit her lip. What could make up for something like that, really? He'd agreed to put himself at risk for a greater cause.[break][break]
All the same, it didn't sit right with her.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit Inspiration

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,474 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Reflection (Mission)
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 17:07:33 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

After the Audino got her treat, she would gently snuggle into the side of the idol.

Though Thomas didn't like the idea of Delilah, a civilian, going into the rifts, he knew he couldn't stop her. And she definitely had the money and connections to pay for high quality backup to aid her.

"Shit, if you ever want, I could give you some combat lessons. Give you more of an edge.", he'd offer.

Thomas was surprised to see how shocked she was. "All a part of the plan. I knew what I was in for. My faithful Meltan was shadowing me, smuggled in my Pokeballs, and ate through the chains binding me.", he'd reveal to her. "After all the shit I did to them, over the years, surprised they just threw me in a cell, and not the torture chamber.", Thomas remarked.

"Yeah, I suppose that's true.", he'd reply to her remark.

"I don't need their compensation. If anything, it was a favor for some friends. And to be honest, me making up for turning my back on them in their time of need.", he'd tell Delilah, regret hanging off of his words.

"After what happened in Sootopolis, the League needed people like me, more than ever. Instead, I kicked them while they were down, and abandoned them. I thought I could do more on my own, unfettered by their rules and regulations. But in the end, all I did was throw gasoline on an open fire.", Thomas would confide.

"The sons of bitches managed to trick the people of Sootopolis in handing their city over to them. I could've used that to push for much needed reform in how the League operates, helped them become better.", he'd continue.

Pulse rushed to comfort his master.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights