played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
OLD FLAMES [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 7:21:08 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix quickened his gait to a short jog, reaching the city's outskirts at the brisk pace befitting a man bound by urgency. It'd been several months since their first imprisonment, and while the swelling hatred he'd originally held became tempered behind his placid frown, there still raged the regret of complacency. The visceral contempt for the deities who held a hand in their fate.

" !"

Loud and crisp, the royal guardsman's voice carried over the crowd of bumbling townsfolk. Most came with wishes of sending their own letters out to the surrounding galarian cities - if only they'd known that this night rider came with a purpose far beyond a simple postal deliverance.

"Everyone! Step back!"

His command lashed out with the vibrancy of a man well-experienced in wielding his role. One by one, the peasantry took a step back, making enough space for the knight to push through. Upon approaching the stead of twilight, he reached out a hand, offering aid to its rider.

"I was just beginning to worry."

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
OLD FLAMES [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2023 20:19:00 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]
[break]
OLD FLAMES WITHIN A SHROUDED WOOD
[break]

Somehow, in the months since their arrival to this altered Galar, had found himself cast as courier between the four settlements named by CALYREX. [break][break]

In a twist of fate, his SPECTRIER afforded him a freedom that few others had. Yet it was a double-edged sword.[break][break]

This ruined land was a hellscape to traverse, after all. Barnaby's years spent in Galar were helpful in navigating between cities, but just barely — the toxic sludge constantly spewing forth from the earth had blocked roads and crumpled landmarks, turning every journey into a treacherous one. The poisoned monsters and beasts perpetually lurking in the darkness made them even more so.[break][break]

But at least he could escape from the confines of Motostoke, could see others outside the walls that had been built to keep danger at bay — but consequentially kept them locked away as well.[break][break]

This journey had been one of the hardest yet. The wood surrounding Ballonlea was rife with shadowed creatures looking to cause chaos and destruction. One had somehow managed to rake its claws against Barnaby's arm as he galloped past it, luckily not with enough force to dismount him, but still causing a grazing wound.[break][break]

As he trotted through the town's gates and into the throng of peasants, Barnaby barely paid it any mind. T'was but a scratch. His body had become littered with scars of a similar origin ever since he'd started his courier work.[break][break]

"Felix..." Barnaby took the offered hand and slid from his saddle, the other man's name leaving his lips as a relieved sigh. [break][break]

"You're a sight for sore eyes." Arceus, how long had it been since the two had last seen one another? It was difficult to keep track of the days.

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]

[attr="class","barnaby-pkmn"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn] margin-top: -15px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 195px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
OLD FLAMES [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2023 7:00:26 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
 "I can say the same thing back to you."

Their hands clasp with the solid sound of flesh kissing flesh. Together, the stead is dismounted, and the men were brought together once more, face to face, in an environment far different than their previous outing at Slateport City.

One look of the rider was all Felix needed to see - despite the slow crawl of time, there was no part of Barnaby's face he didn't remember. From the curvature of his jawline, to the cut of his cheek, the man of newfound steel was an expert in withholding ancient memories. Even god would find an issue whisking them away.

"Wait. What the hell happened to you?"

A clear laceration tore at the rider's arm, revealing both dried and new trickles of crimson. Felix's hand almost instantly took a position below the elbow, forcing the wound closer for inspection.

It took all but a moment for him to assess its severity.

"Hm. Nothing too bad."

He took a hard sniff, then nodded.

"Still, we should deal with this."

[/quote]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
OLD FLAMES [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2023 0:39:34 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]
[break]

Their reunion caused an unexpected swell of emotion to fill 's chest. Was this relief? Happiness? Excitement? [break][break]

Perhaps all three, the courier thought silently, as he looked up into the face of the other man. Barnaby took him in: dressed in plated armor, wielding a heavy weapon with an even heavier authority over those who surrounded them. A true knight if there ever was one. [break][break]

He saw worry lines, too, around the edges of Felix's eyes. Barnaby resisted the urge to caress them away.[break][break]

He'd always have a soft spot for . Time and distance never seemed to diminish that fondness.[break][break]

"Stop your fretting, Felix." He chided good-humoredly, though he didn't jerk his arm back immediately. It needed to pass inspection first before his friend would release the vice-grip he had on it.[break][break]

"This is nothing. I'll bandage it once I get settled in my quarters for the evening." It was a calming assurance. The wound had practically stopped bleeding by this point anyway.[break][break]

"Before that..." Barnaby turned toward the interior of the city, following beside Felix as they ventured into Ballonlea. "Tell me how you've been." [break][break]

I've worried about you, was left unspoken.

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn] margin-top: -15px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 195px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
OLD FLAMES [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2023 6:30:01 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Barnaby should know better than expect the worrying to stop. As they approached Ballonlea's archway entrance, decorated in multicolor lights and luminescent mushrooms, his thoughts were all but consumed by the objective of reaching their destination.

A nearby medbay shack he kept equipped for moments like these.

"Tell me how you've been."

"I'm alive."

A shrug rolled off his shoulder and his plated armor chattered from the movement. It was like him to submit to these old habits: playing off daily struggles as an expected part of living. What wasn't normal was how easy it would be to pick the lie apart. From the worry wrinkling his eyes to the way his lips twitched, unease buzzed inside him, just enough to peek out from his superficial mask.

"How about you? "

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
OLD FLAMES [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2023 20:28:49 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]
[break]

With a sigh, Barnaby entered the tent and submitted his arm to the medical worker. There was no use resisting. [break][break]

Taking a seat facing Felix, he didn't even acknowledge his wound being cleaned; instead, Barnaby continued to carry on their conversation as if they were the only two in the room.[break][break]

"Just alive?" Not good, not bad, not... anything of substance. Knowing the knight as he did, it was obvious to the courier that the man was withholding his true feelings. [break][break]

He'd always stifled himself in this way. A typical response for . But, perhaps Barnaby could pry out Felix's doubts and worries over the course of his stay in Ballonlea.[break][break]

"...better, now. I thought I'd go crazy being trapped in Motostoke, so it's nice to venture out and connect with everyone again."[break][break]

It didn't take long for the medical worker to finish bandaging his arm. With that done, Barnaby stood up and headed back out of the tent.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
OLD FLAMES [GG]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 1:52:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: