Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Afternoon in the Pokemon Center [M]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 22:44:21 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

These places offer free healthcare for trainers and their Pokemon.” The detective explains as he hands off the two pokeballs containing his injured ‘mons to a waiting nurse. She takes them with a smile and a courtesy, leaving them to their own devices.[break][break]
Injuries like the ones you get in a Pokemon battle don’t usually take long to clear up. The League builds these nifty inhibitor fields so that Pokemon don’t get seriously injured.” There’s a problem with that in this detective’s world. It’s another feature of the League’s educational program that doesn’t properly prepare trainers for the reality of life in this region.[break][break]
Of course…if you run into Team Rocket and end up in a serious scrap, you’ll probably need a longer stay.” There’s more to the criminal element of Hoenn than Team Rocket, but he’s not going to explain the intricacies of the criminal underworld to a girl who just yesterday didn’t know what region she was in.[break][break]
I’ll say it again, kid. You’re a natural at Pokemon battling.” Grabbing a cola from a vending machine, he sits down and takes a sip on the drink. Were it not for the active lifestyle demanded of him, the sugar in the drink might just add a few points.[break][break]
You remember doing anything like that before?
[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kara

No Preference
Pan
Wanderer
Civilian
15 height
15 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
68 posts
Kara Li DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kara
Kara Li
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 22:48:54 GMT
Kara Li Avatar
I keep cruising
Can't stop, won't stop moving
It's like I got this music in my mind

Kara had all her Poké balls off her waist and in her arms, ready to have her friends looked at. Since Navy's had actually gotten hurt, she didn't even try to go first. He was probably worried about them, after all. Instead, she just stood there, hugging the six precious orbs against her chest and waited.

"Free is good! That's really nice of them. It would be awful to have your friends hurt and not be able to afford to help them." Already she was imagining finding Poké Centers was going to be at the top of her list as she wandered around. Even if she didn't need them immediately, knowing where the nearest one was meant she could get there quick if one of them got hurt.

As for being a natural... "I'm really not so sure I am. A natural, I mean. It was really exciting, but I didn't know what I was doing at all. I guess... part of it did feel familiar. Like... as scary as it was, it still felt like um... like it was right?" She didn't know how to explain it. As soon as she stepped onto the field, her body felt energized and her senses sharpened. Even when she was panicking, there wasn't a single part of her that wanted it to stop.

Saying it's gonna be alright

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 23:15:48 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Could be. People start toting around Pokemon young. It varies region to region, but most places let you pick up a license to have pokeballs when you turn 10. Chances are, you’ve at least had some experience with them that you’ve forgotten.” He tries to make sense of her predicament, carving a path through the wilderness of the unknown. Ever the catcher in the rye, he can’t just let this person fall and make their own mistakes.[break][break]
…for what it’s worth, it’s fun when it’s treated like a sport. Problem is, Hoenn’s the kind of place where the battles spill off the pitch. I wasn’t lying when I said we’re at war, here. You’re probably gonna end up getting caught in the conflict if you stick around. Not saying it’s 100% certain, but I’d put the odds around…70%. Especially since you seem like the kind of person who doesn’t run away from problems.” He punctuates the words with a sip.[break][break]
So…what next? After we get you registered, I mean.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kara

No Preference
Pan
Wanderer
Civilian
15 height
15 height
awards
68 posts
Kara Li DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kara
Kara Li
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 23:32:15 GMT
Kara Li Avatar
I keep cruising

She doesn't run away from problems?

That was quite a statement. Kara thought about it for a moment and decided that she probably agreed with it. Facing things head on was the way to go, otherwise you were just always running. She liked running, but not so much that she wanted to do it constantly.

Of course, even if this war was a plague on Hoenn, her priority was to her friends. She wanted to make sure they were safe above everything else. Right now that meant keeping them close, but she knew it couldn't be like that forever.

"Next, hmm? Well... I want to get stronger so I can keep everyone safe. All my friends are so amazing, but it feels like if I don't learn more then... then I'll just hold them back. So I think that's what I want to do next. Everything I can to become someone that can stand with them." Even as she said it, Kara knew it sounded stupid. She couldn't help but grin a bit sheepishly as she scratched at the back of her neck. "At least... that's what I think."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 0:39:48 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

She wants to get stronger to protect her friends. That prompts another of the gym leader’s many smiles. They really are birds of a feather. He may as well take the leap, offer her somewhere to rest her head.[break][break]
Well, judging by your stunt last night, you’re not the sort of person to stay in one place for very long.” He wonders how she’ll drum up money for her travels. A Vagabond’s life isn’t cheap.[break][break]
But if you wanna get stronger, I’d recommend joining up with the League’s ranger corp or officially enlisting with the League as an officer. They’ll help train you.” Really, Navy? All those years spent being on the sidelines and you’re already throwing impressionable kids into the meat grinder? There has to be another way out.[break][break]
Or you could take the gym challenge. It’s supposed to help trainers develop their skills. I run one down in Dewford Town.” Recognizing she might not know where that is, he pulls out his phone, navigates to a GPS app, and points to Hoenn. First to where they are now, Petalburg. His finger traces down past the forest, past the coast, to an island nestled down in the corner. ‘Dewford Town’ the GPS reads.[break][break]
If you want a steady supply of trainers to fight, you’re welcome to sign on as a gym trainer at my gym. They’re the…warm-up act, I guess you could call them. Otherwise, my door’s always open if you need a place to stay.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kara

No Preference
Pan
Wanderer
Civilian
15 height
15 height
awards
68 posts
Kara Li DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kara
Kara Li
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 1:17:59 GMT
Kara Li Avatar
I keep cruising

"Stunt? Oh, you mean running away." The girl giggled softly before giving a shake of her head. "I told you this morning, that was mostly because you had already been so kind, it seemed wrong to have you spend money on getting me a place to sleep when I didn't mind the ground." She smiled at him. He really had been nice and helpful. He also was probably at least a little right. Staying still for too long sounded boring. The whole world was out there and she had her friends. They could go anywhere.

"Hrm... of those three, the gym probably sounds the most fun. Feels... weird to think of joining something when I don't really know who I am." She had no idea what the Rangers were, and being an officer sounded a bit scary. A way to hone her skills, though? That was perfect. "And you run one? That's so cool!" She bounced a bit was she looked at the map.

Apparently Dewford was across the ocean a good deal. Probably there were boats that went out there? Maybe she could swim, or Blue... though Blue probably needed to be a lot bigger to help her. As she studied the map, she tried to make some mental notes on where everything was and it looked like north was probably the most 'ground' before she would run into anything like a big city.

"I totally like the idea of that. Going around and getting better at gyms, I mean."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 1:41:10 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Good luck getting on the waiting list, though. S’why it might be best for you to help out around the gyms if that’s what you wanna do.” Opening his jacket, he reveals four badges. “You get one for every gym leader you beat. If you wanna go for the title of Champion, you’ve gotta grab eight and challenge the Elite 4. With all the excitement in the region, gym leaders are busy. Some don’t have a lot of time for challengers, others are overwhelmed by how many people wanna kick their a—butts.”[break][break]
Crossing his arm, he closes his eyes and sighs. There needs to be a little bit of tough love given here. Not much, but a dollop.[break][break]
You probably should find somethin’ to fund your trip. Fun as it sounds, wandering the roads from town to town, there ain’t much money to be made doing that. You need money to survive.” Something he knows all too well. Navy remembers nights where he starved, going without food so that Gabe wouldn’t have to. Hard living, but fulfilling when you’re doing it for someone else. Navy has a hard time imagining doing that willingly unless you have to do so.[break][break]
Rolling stones gather no moss, and even less cheddar.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kara

No Preference
Pan
Wanderer
Civilian
15 height
15 height
awards
68 posts
Kara Li DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kara
Kara Li
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 2:44:11 GMT
Kara Li Avatar
I keep cruising

Shifting the Poké balls in her arms so she could be a bit more comfortable, Kara did her best to process what Navy was saying. It was probably true that her friends wouldn't be able to help her find food for everyone all the time like they had the day before. Still, she didn't want to sit around in a gym waiting forever.

"So there's waiting lists, and I need money. That's... the big two issues?" Well, that and the cheddar apparently. Which he probably just meant food. Otherwise she honestly had no idea why the man would bring up cheese. Then again, stones shouldn't really ever be hungry... "So if I go to a gym and I can't get in right away... wouldn't that be the time to try and earn money while I wait?"

Not that she had any idea how to earn money. So far the skills she knew she had was: Liked Pokémon. She wasn't sure that was a super lucrative business model, though. There had to be some options out there, though.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 2:56:19 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

I guess, and there’s never a shortage of stuff you can do – especially if you have a diverse team of mons.” Switching to get comfortable, Navy puts down his soda and kicks one leg up, resting it on his other knee. His arms meet behind his back and he leans down in the chair.[break][break]
For a serious guy, he sure knows how to look laid-back.[break][break]
I’d recommend startin’ with up in Mauville. Master of Faster’s pretty good about takin’ all challengers quick. is new to the whole gym leader thing but he’s a fun guy to fight.” Something about this is so nostalgic, like something out of the movies. Maybe that’s why he’s playing along. It’s fun to help out a young person go on their journey, helping their spread their wings and see the world.[break][break]
You’ll figure it out, plus, like it or not, I’ll at least set you up with a Rotom phone. You don’t have a mom or dad to call if you need some help, I don’t mind being a stand-in ‘til you can find your folks.” He says, perhaps not fully grasping what he’s offering.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kara

No Preference
Pan
Wanderer
Civilian
15 height
15 height
awards
68 posts
Kara Li DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kara
Kara Li
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 3:02:52 GMT
Kara Li Avatar
I keep cruising

Watching Navy get comfortable made the girl realize just how awkward her standing around was. Glancing back at the counter to see if his Pokémon were back, she decided there probably was more time. As he spoke, she moved over to sit in another chair, taking the time once seated to replace the Poké balls onto her belt.

"Mauville and Josh Devlin... and Master of Faster Hideo Kino?" Kara was trying to remember it all, but it was a lot of information. Plus she was trying to remember the map and she was pretty sure the path north would take her there eventually. Maybe by then she would be ready.

Part of her felt a bit sad when the man pointed out she didn't have a mom or dad. Of course, she did have them. Maybe they weren't alive any longer, or maybe they didn't want her, but they had existed. She just couldn't remember them... Which was possibly sadder. Were they looking for her? Would they ever know what happened to her?

And then there was the other thing. "A rotom phone?"

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 3:19:46 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Yeah, it’s just a phone. …you remember what a phone is, right?” Having never dealt with an amnesiac before, he doesn’t know where the holes in the memory begin and end. “It’s this thing.” He points at his phone, modeled after the Pokemon Rotom. “Some people get fancy and capture an actual Rotom to use as their phone. They’re pretty rare, though.”[break][break]
Somewhere around this point, Erin and Kizashi are released from the nurses. Despite how hard both of them fought earlier in the day, they’re back in fighting shape. Kizashi trots right past Navy and jumps into Kara’s lap, waving up at her for a proper introduction. Rolling his eyes, realizing the kid has his dad’s propensity for falling in love at the drop of a hat, he lets Kizashi do his thing. Erin jumps up into his own lap, hiding in his jacket.[break][break]
Maybe today was a bit much for her, but it was good for her. That’s what Navy tells himself.[break][break]
Looks like mine’re ready. Gotta love modern medicine. Shouldn’t be too much longer now and we’ll be good to go.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kara

No Preference
Pan
Wanderer
Civilian
15 height
15 height
awards
68 posts
Kara Li DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kara
Kara Li
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 3:30:29 GMT
Kara Li Avatar
I keep cruising

"A phone... that's a communication device." The teen smiled as she said it as if she wasn't just answering one of the most basic questions about the modern world. "Don't remember anything about a rotom... isn't that bad to do to a Pokémon? Sounds mean..."

The thought left her mind when Navy's Pokémon returned. Jumping up quickly, and making sure to hold onto Kizashi with her arms, she moved over to deposit her Poké balls onto the counter. With a quick, "thank you!" she bounced back over to her seat while her friends were taken back to get check ups.

Snuggling up with the totodile in her lap, Kara sighed happily.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 3:56:16 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Well, he looks pleased as punch.” Navy muses, looking down at Kizashi. The little Totodile sticks out his tongue, turning and laying down in Kara’s lap. He looks like he’s on the verge of falling asleep. Yawning, he does just that.[break][break]
Erin giggles. It’s probably the first time Navy’s heard a positive sound out of her. Hearing that sound warms his heart. Wherever she came from, she’s had a hard life. Navy resolved when he adopted her from H.O.M.E. that he’d give her a better life. That’s the promise he made to Melody, Cobalion, and Jirachi the day he adopted her.[break][break]
Shouldn’t take too long for yours. Whaddya say we handle the paperwork now? Won’t take too long.” And with that, he stands up, tosses his empty soda can in the trash, and starts heading out. It’s been a nice break from responsibility.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kara

No Preference
Pan
Wanderer
Civilian
15 height
15 height
awards
68 posts
Kara Li DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kara
Kara Li
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 4:01:21 GMT
Kara Li Avatar
I keep cruising

The blonde is more than happy to give the little lizard belly rubs as he gets comfy in her lap. She doesn't even stop once the little fellow is asleep, though his snores does bring another soft laugh from the girl. When Navy stands up and mentions paperwork, she follows suit, being careful to not wake up Kizashi as she does. With him in her arms, she moves over to the exit, only to pause.

Kara doesn't like the idea of leaving her friends, but she also knows they need to be taken care of and the paperwork wouldn't be too fun for them. She might not even be allowed to have them out in a formal sort of place. With a sigh, she adjusts the totodile and heads out after Navy.

After all, she did need to exist in someone's paperwork somewhere.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights